IT.COM

Sav Official Thread

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Nick R

VIP Member
Sav.com Staff
Impact
Hello NamePros community! We are creating a single thread where we can share announcements in, talk about product updates, people can ask questions and host a great discussion on all things domains!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
@Akbarrr

1) They said accounts that were at least 120 days old and with payment history won’t be pre-authorized automatically. Not true - a few people already told me that their bids were pre-authorized even when their accounts should be old enough. Example - one of my friends has made his first purchase at Sav on 5 August. He has 120+ days history and enough purchases. And still every bid he placed after the changes has been pre-authorized.

2) Again not true. Pre-auths are released if not claimed by the merchant (Sav). Which means that they will probably have to manually release them. Example - if you win an auction at $100 they will charge $100 anyway, and no matter that you have placed bids before that in the same auction that were pre-authorized. Let’s say you put $25 > $50 > $75 > $100 - you will have $250 blocked in your card for something that you actually bought for $100. The other $150 will have to be released back manually. Which means possible mistakes - I advise everyone to keep track on amounts that should be refunded. Sav will miss to refund certain % of pre-auths. Not intentionally, but mistakes happen when you do such things manually.

3) Refunds take much longer than 3-5 days. I’d say 7-10 days based on my experience.

One of the biggest problems will occur when Sav start banning bidders for not paying the auctions they won. At the same time Sav are holding same bidders’ money blocked for auctions they lost, plus for interim bids. This will start happening tonight. We will have lots of users blocked for not paying $100, when Sav have blocked $1000+ in their cards. The new system is Catch-22, as i already said. I expect a wave of banned bidders from tonight onwards. They will be mainly bidders that wanted to pay, but couldn’t - because Sav blocked their money.

Last edited:
•••
@Akbarrr

1) They said accounts that were at least 120 days old and with payment history won’t be pre-authorized automatically. Not true - a few people already told me that their bids were pre-authorized even when their accounts should be old enough. Example - one of my friends has made his first purchase at Sav on 5 August. He has 120+ days history and enough purchases. And still every bid he placed after the changes has been pre-authorized.

2) Again not true. Pre-auths are released if not claimed by the merchant (Sav). Which means that they will probably have to manually release them. Example - if you win an auction at $100 they will charge $100 anyway, and no matter that you have placed bids before that in the same auction that were pre-authorized. Let’s say you put $25 > $50 > $75 > $100 - you will have $250 blocked in your card for something that you actually bought for $100. The other $150 will have to be released back manually. Which means possible mistakes - I advise everyone to keep track on amounts that should be refunded. Sav will miss to refund certain % of pre-auths. Not intentionally, but mistakes happen when you do such things manually.

3) Refunds take much longer than 3-5 days. I’d say 7-10 days based on my experience.

One of the biggest problems will occur when Sav sarts banning bidders for not paying the auctions they won. At the same time Sav are holding bidders’ money blocked for auctions they lost, plus for interim bids. This will start happening tonight. We will have users blocked for not paying $100, when Sav have blocked $1000 in their cards. The new system is Catch-22 as i already said.
1) This is what it says on Sav FAQ - We will calculate the total dollar amount of your purchase history older than 4 months ago. This will be the maximum total amount you can bid on active auctions at a time without a pre-auth being placed.

I am guessing what this actually means is "the total dollar amount of your purchase history for the last 120 days" and not 121 or 125 days old, they calculate this only in the last 120 days.

2) This is again from Sav FAQ - A pre-authorization is a temporary hold placed at the time of the purchase that will either be adjusted when the transaction is finalized or disappear.

3) This is why I suggest using PayPal balance rather than a card, refunds are instant with PayPal balance.

•••
@Akbarrr Don’t believe everything you read. Changes were implemented urgently and Sav didn’t think of all the details. Then after that they went on holidays. Once they are back on Monday, they will have to deal with even bigger mess. People have said “the devil is in the details “.

Also not everyone uses PayPal (there are lots of countries where PayPal is not even available). To me personally PayPal is a very expensive option because of their shitty currency exchange rates. For example my main currencies are British pounds and Euro, not US dollars. @Nick R somehow thinks that his customers are mainly Americans, while the truth is that only small percentage of his customers are actually USA based. Sav are based in Chicago, but their customers are from all over the world.

Last edited:
•••
@Akbarrr Don’t believe everything you read. Changes were implemented urgently and Sav didn’t think of all the details. Then after that they went on holidays. Once they are back on Monday, they will have to deal with even bigger mess. People have said “the devil is in the details “.

I am not sure what you mean by “the devil is in the details “ but once they are back I am sure they will fix the pre-auth in a better way and I will also add a big list of things I've seen and post them for consideration by Mon or Tue.

•••
@Akbarrr In simple words I mean that the new system is idiotic, and creates more problems than it solves. Read my posts and you will see why exactly I think the way I do. I gave enough examples. Also you must be new if you believe everything that Nick says. They won’t fix anything on Monday or Tuesday. If you really believe they will, you are simply being naive, and you don’t know anything about Sav and about the way they work.

•••
@Akbarrr In simple words I mean that the new system is idiotic, and creates more problems than it solves. Read my posts and you will see why exactly I think the way I do. I gave enough examples. Also you must be new if you believe everything that Nick says. They won’t fix anything on Monday or Tuesday. If you really believe they will, you are simply being naive, and you don’t know anything about Sav and about the way they work.
Nothing is a perfect solution..... I'll give some time to these new changes and will post my queries and suggestions so they can improve this more.

I had my experiences with Sav and I know very well about them and I also see they have improved bit by bit since then. Yes, they are slow but at least they are listening and making changes and I appreciate that.

Also, I didn't mean they should fix Mon - Tue, I just said I'll add my list on those days and hope they look, read, and might consider a few things if they like..

•••
Is there a way to search all domains listed for sale by users with BUY NOW option (not auctions)

•••
@dncafe No. Sav don’t have that type of a marketplace. Only landing pages. All you can search through is active auctions.

Last edited:
•••
i backorder 12 domains , why same user id did backorder same names , Bizarre. it looks like someone is doing it , just to make money for sav.I am working on , will share the news soon.
another one: i paid for 5 domains , sav says ok , then i get an email saying , no.
you guys a misleading customers big time and i will share my report soon , when its ready.

•••
Again no one is paying attention: how can there be a non-payer if SAV pre-authorizes and books the amount beforehand?

•••
@Recons.Com You are the one not paying attention. You can bid $1000 and then increase your bid up to $3000 without other pre-authorizations. If it happens that you win the auction at $3K Sav will try to charge $3K. If you don’t have $3K in your card, payment won’t go through. Your account will be blocked, your $1000 will be refunded, and the auction will be automatically repeated. They can’t sell you one third of a name.

Last edited:
•••
Update: w_w_909b80 bidder paid for my auction. Funds are in my account and waiting to be cleared after 5 days.
Domain is still in my account. Sav will eventually manually push the domain soon.

Last edited:
•••
Again no one is paying attention: how can there be a non-payer if SAV pre-authorizes and books the amount beforehand?
Can you explain? Did someone did not pay for an auction recently? The new changes are implemented only like 4-5 days ago.

•••
@Recons.Com You are the one not paying attention. You can bid $1000 and then increase your bid up to $3000 without other pre-authorizations. If it happens that you win the auction at $3K Sav will try to charge $3K. If you don’t have $3K in your card, payment won’t go through. Your account will be blocked, your $1000 will be refunded, and the auction will be automatically repeated. They can’t sell you one third of a name.
Stop misleading users, you are wrong....

1) This is what it says on Sav FAQ - We will calculate the total dollar amount of your purchase history older than 4 months ago. This will be the maximum total amount you can bid on active auctions at a time without a pre-auth being placed.

2) This is again from Sav FAQ - A pre-authorization is a temporary hold placed at the time of the purchase that will either be adjusted when the transaction is finalized or disappear.

Please post screenshots if you disagree..

•••
@Akbarrr You are misleading the users, because you have focused on a few sentences and you keep repeating them like a brainless parrot. Most users don’t have 4 months with Sav. And pre-authorizations ARE NOT automatically released after the end of the auctions.

Last edited:
•••
@Akbarrr You are misleading the users, because you have focused on a few sentences and you keep repeating them like a brainless parrot. Most users don’t have 4 months with Sav. And pre-authorizations ARE NOT automatically released after the end of the auctions.
We used to freely bid on auctions without any pre-auth until some idiots showed up and ruined most of the users' auctions.. what do you expect? They will definitely take an action to limit those shill bidders at one point.

They clearly said the pre-auths will only be released once the auction is ended and they also said they will work on it to make it better so once you are outbid the pre-auth will be voided and released.

The users who have a good history with sav are able to bid as per their last 120 days transaction limit.. you can't say that a new user without any history with Sav, who will probably shill bid should have the same right?

Last edited:
•••
@Nick R So what’s happening? I made sales for $586 USD over the past 7 days. Only $140 USD of the amount have been paid to date. No idea what’s happening with the other sales for $446 USD. At the same time I participated in auctions and I have multiple amounts blocked in my cards - for winning bids, for interim bids, for bids in auctions I lost... Some of the sellers are obviously not willing to transfer the names they “sold”. So my question is - where’s my money? And my second question is - why don’t you do all of us a favour, and don’t shut the platform down? I think everyone will feel relieved. It’s Christmas - make us happier.

Last edited:
•••
@Nick R What is SAV's Twitter handle?

•••
Domaining.xyz
Paintings.xyz
Rated.xyz
Scenery.xyz
Messaging.xyz
Playlist.xyz
Rating.xyz
Ratings.xyz
Recruit.xyz
Reports.xyz
FineArt.xyz
ModernArt.xyz
Murals.xyz
StreetArt.xyz
StreetArtists.xyz

It’s quite funny watching these auctions. I know who the seller is and I know for sure that he won’t transfer any of the names he “sold” to Sav and the buyers. You are wasting your time, and you are blocking money in your cards for something that won’t work. Just saying.

If I was at his place, I wouldn’t transfer the names for such ridiculously low prices either. And what makes me even happier is that the bidder w_w_909b80 who successfully sabotaged the whole marketplace with the only idea of making it possible to steal people’s names for pennies will hardly manage to buy anything good.

Of course w_w_909b80 was successful on a few occasions. Good example from today was how they managed to “steal” debt.xyz for $520 USD. A name that the seller registered for $1,250 USD only 10 days ago.

So, dear seller, if you want to thank somebody for your loss of $761 USD (after commissions and withdrawal fees), you should thank Sav. They’re the ones who chose to indirectly back the bidder w_w_909b80 and made it possible for the people behind that account to keep robbing sellers on Sav marketplace. Again congratulations for your loss of $761 USD today!

Also Dave, sorry that you couldn’t pay my name MagicKey.io - I know you wanted to pay, and you tried your best, but Sav blocked all your money in pre-authorizations and you just couldn’t. Also sorry that you will be restricted from participating in auctions from now on - I know it’s not your fault.

Last edited:
•••
Update: w_w_909b80 bidder paid for my auction. Funds are in my account and waiting to be cleared after 5 days.
Domain is still in my account. Sav will eventually manually push the domain soon.
Funds were transferred to my account and now the domain has been automatically relisted again for auction. What's going on here? @Nick R

Last edited:
•••
Why is the SAV website usability so bad? There are so many little things wrong with the site. Out of all the registrars and marketplaces I've ever used, it has to be the worst.

Do they actively read this thread and take suggestions? They don't seem to respond to customer service emails.

•••
Of course w_w_909b80 was successful on a few occasions. Good example from today was how they managed to “steal” debt.xyz for $520 USD. A name that the seller registered for $1,250 USD only 10 days ago.

How are users gaming the system to get domains for a lower price than what you think they should go for?

•••
How are users gaming the system to get domains for a lower price than what you think they should go for?

It’s a bit complicated game and not so obvious for most people. I will try to explain in details if you give me some time. Meanwhile you can read my previous posts - especially the last few pages of this thread.

So here is how it works:

1) Same people who manage this account w_w_909b80 create multiple fake accounts. The last one that was obvious enough was j_x_942e4f.

2) w_w account is used to actually win auctions, while the fake accounts (like j_x) are used to set up high proxy bids only, and to block sales.

3) The fake account places extremely high proxy bids, and then the w_w account starts pretending that they are bidding against the proxies. But they never go over the proxy, so that they don’t have to pay the high price. The purpose is to raise the price only.

4) When the auction ends it is the fake account that is winning and Sav can’t collect the payment. So the auction is automatically repeated.

5) The combination of extremely high price plus the fact that the same names are being repeatedly in auctions is making such auctions look suspicious for normal bidders. Legit bidders eventually stop bidding in such auctions which reduces competition for w_w.

6) When the auction repeats a few times, almost no other bidders remain willing to place bids. So the price goes lower and only then w_w will actually buy the name.

7) The last changes Sav made happened to be even more beneficial for w_w and the people behind the account. The reason is that now Sav pre-authorize the bids of lots of other bidders which leaves them with no money to participate in auctions. Which additionally decreases competition and makes end prices even lower.

8) w_w_909b80 and the people behind the account have unlimited budget ulike most other bidders on Sav. So they can afford playing such expensive and time-consuming games.

9) The fact that Sav keeps repeating failed auctions is turning domain names in hostages of the platform. You can’t take your name out of auction, you can’t stop the auction, you can’t choose to not repeat the auction. You can only stay and observe how your auctions keep repeating and every next time, there are fewer and fewer bidders, fewer and fewer bids, and the price is going lower and lower. Until your name is finally sold for pennies.

Last edited:
•••
do they ever respond in SAV support? I have sent them many emails in the past month and I haven’t got even one answer

•••
Why is there no phone support or even chat?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back