Dynadot

Sav Official Thread

NameSilo
Watch

Nick R

VIP Member
Sav.com Staff
Impact
Hello NamePros community! We are creating a single thread where we can share announcements in, talk about product updates, people can ask questions and host a great discussion on all things domains!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Today, I participated in a couple of auctions. Strange, just in the middle of the auctions, SAV pre-authorized for itself certain amount in my PayPal account, indicating non-existing transaction IDs. Multiple times. Now that I did not win neither of the two auctions, may I ask you to return the blocked funds. You're abusing privilege and trust. Henceforth, I'm revoking the rights - even if that means cancelling my account with you.

•••
The time to process preauth voids depends on your bank. Typically in the US its 1-2 business days but can be longer in other countries. Im fairly sure that with PayPal its almost instant.
@Nick R - pls check your inbox, urgent, need assistance, thanks

•••
@Josytal - All pre-auths are voided when the auction ends or if you raise your bid. We will see about voiding pre-auths when you get outbid in a coming sprint. We do try to make this process really clear by mentioning it on every bid confirmation screen now:

Screen Shot 2021-12-22 at 3.12.47 PM.png

@NYK - I just replied.

•••
Please add a "reserve" feature to the auction so we don't lose our money

•••
Last edited:
•••
Yes I think every one should give a penalty of at least 50$ if he misses to pay.
But if that j_x_942e4f never pays, why is not he blocked yet?
by the way- after my post in sav- trek.xyz auction has been restarted.
Thanks

•••
Dear @Nick R
Dear Nick Sir
As you know my domain metapros.io auction end today at $6550, but last bid is if fake bidder j_x_942e4f
As he will not pay his winning bid amount as per previous record kindly restart my domain metapros.io auction today. Thanks.
I also attach screenshot of mail I send today

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211223_133601.jpg
    Screenshot_20211223_133601.jpg
    174.3 KB · Views: 41
•••
Dear @Nick R
Dear Nick Sir
As you know my domain metapros.io auction end today at $6550, but last bid is if fake bidder j_x_942e4f
As he will not pay his winning bid amount as per previous record kindly restart my domain metapros.io auction today. Thanks.
I also attach screenshot of mail I send today
@Nick R

Kindly restart auction of my domain metapros.io earliest, as
j_x_942e4f not pay his winning domain amount and you are on holidays on Thursday and Friday, kindly restart my domain auction today. Thanks.

•••
Thanks.
And how long does it take to void pre-auths after auction ends?

P.S.
Too many, too glaring shill bidders on your auction platform. Please do something about it. For example, look at this : https://www.sav.com/auctions/details/595178/metalobby.xyz

I got a message from support today that they have banned the user j_x_942e4f

But I don't think they have an option to remove his proxy bids, I still see his proxy bids activating...

Please don't waste your time on an auction if you see this user j_x_942e4f

But he is banned and he cannot bid on new auctions anymore...

affsfsdsfd.PNG

•••
I think the most important for Sav is to allow users to use the available money balance they have, to participate in the auctions. Right now I have 500$ in my Sav account, and I can’t use it to bid anything. I also had money in my card, but yesterday I participated in some auctions (that I did not win), without knowing the new rules and now you blocked all my money… So the outcome is that although I have money in both my Sav account and my credit card, I am not able to participate in the auctions. I believe that is wrong and illogical…

•••
@Traderas As I told @Nick R yesterday pre-authorizations will affect mainly legitimate bidders. The new rules will only lead to reducing bids in auctions, because most bidders won’t have the funds to participate in auctions. Huge amounts will be blocked in bidders’ cards for days. Sav auctions will quickly turn into what they used to be a year (or so) ago - auctions reserved for millionaires only. Small bidders will be quickly defeated, simply because they won’t be able to afford participating in auctions. I really hope that Sav will reconsider their decision and that they will adjust the system to be less discriminatory.

Just to make it clear - the new rules are beneficial for me, because I can buy cheaper now when I meet less competition. But I am speaking on behalf of other people. It’s not fair to them.

Last edited:
•••
I always wanted to ask, this is just a generic question to the community here...

Do people who bid (especially on XYZ extension) actually check the current renewal price? I've seen quite a lot of xyz auctions right now have a $200 to $2,500+ renewal per year and I also see quite a lot of bidders on those auctions... you can find 3 such auctions on the auctions page itself (1st page)

So, people who are bidding are real? anyone can bid up to $1000 without pre-auth and I am starting to believe this is something the seller itself shill bidding...???

@Nick R - I think there should be some sort of verification for the users below the $1000 bid limit??

1) Verifying phone on each bid?
2) KYC?
etc?

•••
@Akbarrr Most people who bid on premium names do realize their renewal fees are higher yes. And they don’t mind because quality of names is also much much higher, compared to names with standard renewals. Scroll back through the thread and you will find my post where I actually explained why buying one good name (with premium renewal) is better than buying 100 shitty names (with standard renewals). Simply because ROI is much better, and sales are more probable. .xyz are not the only premium names traded on Sav. Most good .co are also premium names. I personally prefer to buy a few names but with higher quality instead of buying thousands of names only because they’re cheap. Matter of budget and good planning. Have you heard the saying “The cheap is often expensive“? I prefer to own 1 name that everybody wants, not 1000 names that nobody wants. Which one do you think is smarter - to renew 1 good name for $200, or to renew 20 bad names for $200? I will deff choose the first one. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Last edited:
•••
Also I wanted to ask, what is the reason for a name you won in the auction, not to appear in your account? It’s been more than 24 hours till I got the confirmation email that I won and I can’t see the domain anywhere, although the money were withdrawn from my card.

•••
Also I wanted to ask, what is the reason for a name you won in the auction, not to appear in your account? It’s been more than 24 hours till I got the confirmation email that I won and I can’t see the domain anywhere, although the money were withdrawn from my card.
If the domain name you won is currently registered at Sav then the transfer process is pretty much instant. If the domain is registered somewhere else then it solely depends on the seller to transfer it to you.

•••
@Traderas At this stage you don’t own the name yet. Quite often sellers refuse to transfer their names to Sav, in most cases because they’re not happy with the sale price. I’d suggest check whois records and see the status of the name. If it says “pending transfer” it means the seller has started the transfer. If it says “ok” it means they haven’t followed with the transfer yet. If they refuse to transfer the name their account will be restricted and you will get a refund.

•••
I checked whois and it says the domain is in SAV

•••
Last edited:
•••
•••

jyq.io​

@Traderas The name was actually mine. I am the seller. So I know it was definitely paid because I can see it in my list of sales. But I just checked and I can still see the name in my account. I’d suggest create a support ticket on help.sav.com and ask them to move it to your account. If you want I can do it. Just message me in private your email address that is associated with your Sav account and I will push the name to you. It will be quicker if we sort this between us. @Akbarrr is right - Sav will take time to do it.

Last edited:
•••

jyq.io​

That's strange it should have been transferred to you pretty much instantly as the domain is at Sav.. raise a ticket to sav at help.sav.com and let them know... will take another 24 hours because they respond within 24 hours.

•••
@Traderas The name was actually mine. I am the seller. So I know it was definitely paid because I can see it in my list of sales. But I just checked and I can still see the name in my account. I’d suggest create a support ticket on help.sav.com and ask them to move it to your account. If you want I can do it. Just message me in private your email address that is associated with your Sav account and I will push the name to you.
What are the chances!!
Thank you both gentlemen!

•••
@Nick R Another proof your change of rules is affecting decent bidders in a bad way. I just spoke with somebody who participated in auctions yesterday and you pre-authorized multiple amounts from their payment method on file. Now when she won a few auctions she doesn’t have enough “free” money in her card to pay what she won, because you pretty much blocked the whole balance in the card. You have created a typical Catch-22 - you’ve blocked amounts for auctions she lost, and now you will restrict her account for not paying the auctions she actually won. You haven’t thought about the details at all! When I told you that you’re creating even bigger mess I meant it.

Last edited:
•••
•••
@shaikh555 Yes, they are on holidays. And I can predict how next attack and next wave of huge fake proxies is just around the corner. I have my own theory who j_x was. And Nick’s new auction rules won’t stop those people at all, because they have the resources and the money to play this expensive game. I tried to warn him, but he won’t listen. The only ones affected will be decent legitimate bidders.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back