Domain Empire

Sav Official Thread

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Nick R

VIP Member
Sav.com Staff
Impact
Hello NamePros community! We are creating a single thread where we can share announcements in, talk about product updates, people can ask questions and host a great discussion on all things domains!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hello All. Here are our notes on the topics being discussed in this thread since we last posted last week.

Pre-Auth - All pre-auths are voided upon auction completion. We send them to your bank immediately, but it may take them a few days to process them, especially when they may be closed for a holiday like Christmas or New Years. If you are the high bidder and there is a pre-auth for your bid, that will be used to pay for the auction. You will not be charged again.

Proxy Bidding - When a bidder who is not currently restricted places a bid, it is possible they placed a proxy bid. A proxy bid is a max amount they are willing to pay at the time. When we restrict a bidder, we only restrict future bids and do not retroactively remove their past proxy bids from auctions. If they are the high bidder and are unable pay, the auction will be automatically restarted. Our policies apply to ALL bidders the same. There are not different sets of rules for different users.

Auctions Restarting - If you are the owner if a Customer Auction that has been restarted and want it cancelled, just submit a support ticket right after its restarted and can we usually cancel it.

Delay in Auction Domains Arriving - We did see a delay in processing completed auctions over the last few days. This resulted in the auctions being awarded to the high bidder and the high bidder paying but the domain was not moved to their account and a receipt was not issued. All the effected auctions have been re-processed, and everyone should have the domain in their account and receipts issued by the end of the day.

Auction Policy Changes or Bidder Details - We have covered all that we can in this post and last week. We do ask users to please refrain from posting theory without explicit proof in this thread. I personally love a good conspiracy theory (is Tupac actually dead or he did he secretly retire on an island in Caribbean? We may never know... This is not the official policy of Sav) but we do request they be kept off this Official thread. For any remaining concerns not covered earlier in this thread please feel free to DM me.

Allowing Available Funds to be Spent on Sav - We agree as well and have it coming up very soon on our to-do list!

Live Chat - We are actively training new agent to allow us to offer 7 day support, then live chat. Soon!
"Auctions Restarting - If you are the owner if a Customer Auction that has been restarted and want it cancelled, just submit a support ticket right after its restarted and can we usually cancel it."

My apologies in advance,
PLEASE HELP TO TURN OFF THE RESTARTED AUCTION OF MY DOMAIN AND CANCEL IT!
I have submitted a support ticket from last week, but has not any reply from your support!

The ticket ID is:
6d0dd960-478c-4578-8823-adf68dc9b645

Before the restarted auction ended!

I will very much appreciate your help with this urgent situation!

•••
Very funny in regards to 2PAC @Nick R ... Instead of making jokes, check what’s happening really.

I have specific questions though:

1) What happened with the sale of the domain name MagicKey.io? I usually check my problematic auctions through the history of my browser. The winner was an account “dave”. Did the high bidder try to pay the name? Is it true that they did try to pay, but couldn’t pay because at the same time Sav had blocked amounts from their payment method on file for other bids (bids in auctions they actually lost and for interim bids in auctions they won)? Is the account “dave” restricted from participating in future auctions?

2) Same question applies to these three names: Vyq.io Wyq.io Qyv.io Did the high bidders try to pay? Are their accounts restricted for not paying?
You are 100% right.
I won Vyq.io Wyq.io Qyv.io. I wanted to pay but they had blocked my money.
They didn't even send me the email notifying me that I won this auction, so I didn't know that I should have available cash in my card. They tried to charge me 3 hours ago, they failed, they blocked my account and restarted the auction.
The funniest thing is that during the past 3 hours, they are returning my blocked money to my account and now the balance is much greater than the cost of these auctions!!
They blocked me for not paying and just after that they returned me more money that I should have paid

•••
@Traderas No, I know exactly what happened. I am not stupid. And I know it’s not your fault at all. It’s entirely Sav’s fault and their ridiculous reckless pre-authorizations. Did they block your account because of that? Can you bid in auctions now? Don’t worry about the names. I will stop them from the restarted auctions if you still want them, and I will give you them at half price. If you still want them of course.

@Nick R Anything to say, Mr. “Tupac is not dead”? Same story is with other names, other sellers and other buyers. You blocked people’s money and then you blocked their accounts for not-paying. A typical Catch-22, as I already said a few times.

Last edited:
•••
Yes they have blocked me from the auctions... I sent them pm and I hope they are trying to fit it right now... I have the available balance to pay the full bid I placed in the auctions. That's also fair for you, it's not your fault either...

•••
@Josytal - All pre-auths are voided when the auction ends or if you raise your bid. We will see about voiding pre-auths when you get outbid in a coming sprint.
All frozen funds returned to my paypal account. This I can confirm. Thanks.

Last edited:
•••
@Akbarrr @Anton Naydenov

I have another theory: competitors, the "old brigades". They will go to any length to frustrate SAV platform.
After initial false start, SAV has been waxing stronger and stronger, breaking barriers and monopoly.

If anything, we should give SAV our moral support. We need more healthy competitions.

•••
@Josytal I’ve been giving Sav more than my moral support. I’ve given them something like nearly $20K of my money for the past 18 months. I told Nick the same over the phone just before Christmas. I don’t have anything personal against him. I am just making a point. And I think the only way they can keep improving is for us to keep pushing them. And when something is not working, we should clearly state what we think. At least this is what I believe. No place for pretending and fake compliments in business. Keeping quiet is not beneficial for either Sav themselves, or their clients. Maybe I sound a bit harsh in my comments, but this is the way I am. I am not a bad person. I swear.

Last edited:
•••
@Josytal I’ve been giving Sav more than my moral support. I’ve given them something like nearly $20K of my money for the past 18 months. I told Nick the same over the phone just before Christmas. I don’t have anything personal against him. I am just making a point. And I think the only way they can keep improving is for us to keep pushing them. And when something is not working, we should clearly state what we think. At least this is what I believe. No place for pretending and fake compliments in business.
Agree!

And want to report that now we have to pay twice for the winning auctions!!
And if you do not pay! Your account will be blocked from the auction!

Hopefully not in a long time, the system will be fixed soon!

•••
@Nick R

So, I want you to see how I can be not just critical, but also constructive. I spent the night thinking and trying to find a better way for Sav. First of all, pre-authorizations are a very bad idea... I was surprised that you brought something that proved to be not-working in the past back. It is a desperate measure and it creates more problems than it actually solves. Bringing pre-authorizations back is not in any way progress - it is regress. There are many and much more elegant solutions.

Here are a few things that you can easily implement:

At the moment everybody who registered a domain name for as little as $0.69 is automatically allowed to place bids in auctions. This is too low of a threshold. I would suggest new users to be given access to auctions only after they meet certain criteria. Let’s say every new user should make at least 3 purchases totaling at least $100. And their account should be at least 30 days old in order to be allowed to participate in auctions. $100 is not too little, and it’s not too much. 30 days is not too short, and it’s not too long. At the same time nobody will invest the money and time to create an account, and wait for 30 days to only get blocked.

Anyway, I don’t think that fake accounts and shill bidding are the real problem here. They are just a symptom of the real problem. So if you really want to improve the auctions system you should target the real problem, and not to fight the symptoms.

And the real problem is that everybody will always try to cheat the system when faced with the probability of losing their domain names for as little as $1. You are indirectly pushing your users to break your rules, because that is the only way they can possibly defend their assets to a certain extent.

I will give you an example. Would you register an .io domain name for $30 to only sell it for $1? I don’t think so. Nobody wants this. The no-reserve thing works when domains are fewer and very high quality, and when a platform can offer enough competition. Sorry that I will have to tell you this, but Sav is not a very popular marketplace. There isn’t enough bidders with enough money on the platform to create real competition. And at the same time there are too many auctions. Which of course leads to much lower prices, and higher risks for the sellers to lose their names basically for free. Sorry but no-reserve auctions are simply not suitable for Sav at this early stage of its development.

If you want to partially preserve the idea, why don’t you introduce something like low-reserve auctions instead? Make the reserve price (or the starting bid) to be at least the registration fee that the sellers have paid. So in the example with the .io - all .io auctions will start from $30. So there will be no risks for the sellers to lose their names for less than what they paid. What will happen is - good names will sell for much more than $30 anyway; bad names won’t sell at all most likely. But this happens even now. It’s the natural way of how things work.

In regards to constantly repeating auctions- this is not good at all. First - people get tired of seeing the same names in auctions again, and again, and again... Second - it should be up to the sellers to restart or not to restart their auctions. Anyway I think if you implement the other things I suggested the phenomenon with the constantly repeating auctions will go in history by itself.

At the same time I think if no bids were placed on a name, the seller should be allowed to auction the same name again after a month. At the moment it’s 2 months, and this is maybe a bit too long, given the fact that most domains are only registered for 1 year, and most sellers want to sell them fast. Matter of additional discussions anyway.

In regards to blocking bidders for not-paying a name they won, or blocking sellers for not-transferring a name they sold to Sav. There might be all kind of different reasons for a name to be not paid, or not transferred. Sav will have to finally learn to have an individual approach to any specific case. Sometimes buyers don’t want to pay okay, but often times names are not paid because of your security measures rejecting payments, or because the buyer’s bank would see Sav as malicious. Sometimes names can’t be transferred to Sav because they’re within ICANN transfer lock periods. That’s why you need to get your 24/7 online support working as soon as possible. And you must learn to listen and solve problems. Not to just read the ticket, reply something totally inadequate, and close the ticket. This is not how problems are being really solved.

If you want give me a call after New Year and we can go through all the details. But I am more than convinced that pre-authorizations are not the solution.

Last edited:
•••
@Nick R I did NOT get a reply yet. Is there any twitter handle for SAV? Nowadays it's fast if there is twitter support. You guys have no proper communication. No twitter, no chat nothing. :/

•••
@Akbarrr @Anton Naydenov

I have another theory: competitors, the "old brigades". They will go to any length to frustrate SAV platform.
After initial false start, SAV has been waxing stronger and stronger, breaking barriers and monopoly.

If anything, we should give SAV our moral support. We need more healthy competitions.

You are right and I have always supported Sav and I also see them improving..

•••
I am still blocked from the auctions, although I added funds in my card. They supposed to give me two days to resolve my payment, instead they blocked me the same time they weren’t able to complete my transaction.

•••
@Nick R

So, I want you to see how I can be not just critical, but also constructive. I spent the night thinking and trying to find a better way for Sav. First of all, pre-authorizations are a very bad idea... I was surprised that you brought something that proved to be not-working in the past back. It is a desperate measure and it creates more problems than it actually solves. Bringing pre-authorizations back is not in any way progress - it is regress. There are many and much more elegant solutions.

At the moment everybody who registered a domain name for as little as $0.69 is automatically allowed to place bids in auctions. This is too low of a threshold. I would suggest new users to be given access to auctions only after they meet certain criteria. Let’s say every new user should make at least 3 purchases totaling at least $100. And their account should be at least 30 days old in order to be allowed to participate in auctions. $100 is not too little, and it’s not too much. 30 days is not too short, and it’s not too long. At the same time nobody will invest the money and time to create an account, and wait for 30 days to only get blocked.

Anyway, I don’t think that fake accounts and shill bidding are the real problem here. They are just a symptom of the real problem. So if you really want to improve the auctions system you should target the real problem, and not to fight the symptoms.

And the real problem is that everybody will always try to cheat the system when faced with the probability of losing their domain names for as little as $1. You are indirectly pushing your users to break your rules, because that is the only way they can possibly defend their assets to a certain extent.

I will give you an example. Would you register an .io domain name for $30 to only sell it for $1? I don’t think so. Nobody wants this. The no-reserve thing works when domains are fewer and very high quality, and when a platform can offer enough competition. Sorry that I will have to tell you this, but Sav is not a very popular marketplace. There isn’t enough bidders with enough money on the platform to create real competition. And at the same time there are too many auctions. Which of course leads to much lower prices, and higher risks for the sellers to lose their names basically for free. Sorry but no-reserve auctions are simply not suitable for Sav at this early stage of its development.

If you want to partially preserve the idea, why don’t you introduce something like low-reserve auctions instead? Make the reserve price (or the starting bid) to be at least the registration fee that the sellers have paid. So in the example with the .io - all .io auctions will start from $30. So there will be no risks for the sellers to lose their names for less than what they paid. What will happen is - good names will sell for much more than $30 anyway; bad names won’t sell at all most likely. But this happens even now. It’s the natural way of how things work.

In regards to constantly repeating auctions- this is not good at all. First - people get tired of seeing the same names in auctions again, and again, and again... Second - it should be up to the sellers to restart or not to restart their auctions. Anyway I think if you implement the other things I suggested the phenomenon with the constantly repeating auctions will go in history by itself.

At the same time I think if no bids were placed on a name, the seller should be allowed to auction the same name again after a month. At the moment it’s 2 months, and this is maybe a bit too long, given the fact that most domains are only registered for 1 year, and most sellers want to sell them fast. Matter of additional discussions anyway.

In regards to blocking bidders for not-paying a name they won, or blocking sellers for not-transferring a name they sold to Sav. There might be all kind of different reasons for a name to be not paid, or not transferred. Sav will have to finally learn to have an individual approach to any specific case. Sometimes buyers don’t want to pay okay, but often times names are not paid because of your security measures rejecting payments, or because the buyer’s bank would see Sav as malicious. Sometimes names can’t be transferred to Sav because they’re within ICANN transfer lock periods. That’s why you need to get your 24/7 online support working as soon as possible. And you must learn to listen and solve problems. Not to just read the ticket, reply something totally inadequate, and close the ticket. This is not how problems are being really solved.

If you want give me a call after New Year and we can go through all the details. But I am more than convinced that pre-authorizations are not the solution.
Very good input here! (y)

•••
@Nick R

I am with the pre-authorization, this should have been implemented long ago... I am confident after they implement the new change under pre-auth about voiding pre-auth when someone is outbid would be great and fast.

•••
Or even better they should create a “wallet” in SAV where you could deposit, withdraw, claim your sales and pay for your purchases. All in one, connected to you transfer method for faster transactions. Namesilo operates this way

•••
Or even better they should create a “wallet” in SAV where you could deposit, withdraw, claim your sales and pay for your purchases. All in one, connected to you transfer method for faster transactions. Namesilo operates this way

They are going to add this feature soon.

•••
I am with the pre-authorization, this should have been implemented long ago... I am confident after they implement the new change under pre-auth about voiding pre-auth when someone is outbid would be great and fast.
Yeah Great! Until you have to pay twice for the domain you've won in the auction!! And ending with your account banned!
Fix the bugs and errors!! Before launching the new system!

•••
Yeah Great! Until you have to pay twice for the domain you've won in the auction!! And ending with your account banned!
Fix the bugs and errors!! Before launching the new system!

Have you tried other marketplaces? I will not list the names here but you should once have experienced them, you'll understand why I am in favor of pre-authorization.

Those tiny bugs will be fixed and they have been bugs and errors even before the new system changes and they have worked and fixed them and they will also do the same now, they will fix it.

•••
Have you tried other marketplaces? I will not list the names here but you should once have experienced them, you'll understand why I am in favor of pre-authorization.

Those tiny bugs will be fixed and they have been bugs and errors even before the new system changes and they have worked and fixed them and they will also do the same now, they will fix it.

You named it?! I've tried till the unusual Bido's auction like and so on!!!

BTW, I have transacted in SAV hundreds of domains... So, I am here not to against SAV!
But, for the good sake of SAV too! So, I have to criticize(give some input) to remind them!

•••
Hello All - We had had a delay in processing completed auctions over the weekend that was resolved yesterday. Bidders normally have two days to pay for auctions once complete but since we re-processed auctions that were more than 2 days old yesterday, the system did immediately ban five bidders yesterday afternoon incorrectly. We have just removed those bans and reach out to the 5 users directly to let them know.

Paypal Pre Auth - We did mention this earlier but when a pre-auth is reversed on Paypal it should be processed by Paypal within minutes, not days.

@Anton Naydenov - We do appreciate you detailed suggestion and here are a few notes we have: We need to look at the customer who is just buying one domain from an auction for their business as well. We do not want to have to make a bidder spend $100 before they can place a bid on just 1 domain. Regarding auction prices, if there is a specific price you are looking to get for a domain, we highly recommend buy now listing which are designed for that exact reason. We will be giving sellers the ability to set if their auctions are restarted or not from the web UI in in the future! In the meantime, just submit a support ticket and we can stop restarted auctions manually. Either way, we have added you entire post to our document where we track suggestions. We do review this when making new product decisions.

Last edited:
•••
@Nick R Do you know that PayPal is not even available in so many countries? For me for instance PayPal is very expensive because of their bad currency exchange rates. Not everyone can use PayPal. You have to take this in consideration when you are suggesting everybody to use PayPal, not bank cards.

Nobody buys names for their business in auctions. Such people buy at BIN price or make offer. But even if the miracle happens, and such a person goes to auctions they will have to buy a name they don’t need first, in order to participate in auctions. Sorry but you are making up stupid excuses.

Many more people have been banned. Not just 5. Only the users I know about are more than 5. So you’re just lying shamelessly.

Anyway, I give up. Talking to you is harder than talking to a brick wall. So it’s pointless for me to keep trying.

Last edited:
•••
@Nick R I did NOT get a reply yet. Is there any twitter handle for SAV? Nowadays it's fast if there is twitter support. You guys have no proper communication. No twitter, no chat nothing. :/
Google sav.com twitter
Its first hit. Make it faster for you its @usesav

•••
Google sav.com twitter
Its first hit. Make it faster for you its @usesav
How do I know it's real and not an imposter? That handle is not verified and does not look professional at all.

•••
Hello,
I have a question.
I won lta.co on 23/12 in auction at Sav.com You first charged me $ 102 and then $ 158. I won the auction, you sent an e-mail with confirmation that I won and I paid the name, so I thought I was good to go and I was only waiting on the name to be transferred to me. All of a sudden today the auction started again because the high bidder was unable to complete the transaction, but I already paid. Twice!!! Sav sent me back the 102 dollars yesterday. They didn’t return the 158 $. I don’t understand why they take 260 $, but they didn’t send the domain to me and instead the domain is now in auction again and my account is banned. I sent them a message but I didn’t receive a reply. I paid the domain name and i want it!! Is this normal?? Can somebody help please??

•••
Hello,
I have a question.
I won lta.co on 23/12 in auction at Sav.com You first charged me $ 102 and then $ 158. I won the auction, you sent an e-mail with confirmation that I won and I paid the name, so I thought I was good to go and I was only waiting on the name to be transferred to me. All of a sudden today the auction started again because the high bidder was unable to complete the transaction, but I already paid. Twice!!! Sav sent me back the 102 dollars yesterday. They didn’t return the 158 $. I don’t understand why they take 260 $, but they didn’t send the domain to me and instead the domain is now in auction again and my account is banned. I sent them a message but I didn’t receive a reply. I paid the domain name and i want it!! Is this normal?? Can somebody help please??
https://help.sav.com/
Create a support ticket so Nick can help you. You can PM him the ticket # after.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back