Dynadot

Sav Official Thread

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Nick R

VIP Member
Sav.com Staff
Impact
Hello NamePros community! We are creating a single thread where we can share announcements in, talk about product updates, people can ask questions and host a great discussion on all things domains!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
@Future Sensors - We do appreciate the concern. While I would love to tell that Sav.com is flawless in every way, we are powered by people, people can make mistakes and intermittent bugs do happen. Over the last two or so weeks, we have rolled out an entirely new domain backend and domain manager that did have some un-caught bugs in it. We rapidly fixed all the core issues and provided daily updates to NP if not more frequent. As of this writing, there are only one-off domain specific issues remaining and we try to be very transparent on those.

Once we finishing resolving the one-offs, we will be re-vamping our testing process from the ground up in the coming weeks to prevent this happening again.

I would encourage you to try Sav out and feel free to DM me if I can help in any way.

•••
Hi @Nick R Can you display a chat button on the website?

•••
Hi @Nick R Can you display a chat button on the website?
Expanding support to handle both Chat and Phone is something we will be working on soon.

•••
A quick update on a few issues:

Nameserver Changes - We are seeing some intermittent issues with NS changes not going through. After reviewing the logs, we see these are just some one domain specific issues. We are working to get these corrected and re-processed over the next 48 hours.

I'm still having 3600 "one-domain"s right now not going through.

•••
I'm still having 3600 "one-domain"s right now not going through.
I see your ticket is open and being reviewed as we speak!

•••
I'm also affected by the DNS issue. I had set up my control panel through a domain with sav thinking it'd be more secure to not have every domain I opperate under the same provider. Well, it was really my bad for trusting the provided DNS without any backups. That domain hasn't been pointing to anything for days now... Any attempts to refresh the DNS or change it are in vain still.

Now due to strict security settings I can't access my control panel to host new projects. If I had all my domains in SAV none of my projects would work right now. This is disastrous for a domain registrar. I would have at least appreciated a forewarning if something like this was planned.

•••
Since I don't want increase the volume of your tickets, a quick question:
What should I expect to happen when I click the 'backorder' button?

Currently, what happens after clicking 'Backorder' is the domain gets moved to a box called 'Bulk Remove Backorders' while the 'Active Backorder Requests' remains empty.
That happened on every domain I tried to place a backorder on.

I'm sure I'm doing something wrong, just can't figure out what.

Thanks

•••
@Nick R I have more payment issues. Whenever I try to bid on auctions I get: "Payment method was not able to be pre-authorized for the bid amount.". I'm using Paypal. Being frank, I'm not sure I want to add a CC if you guys are storing that info. But I did also try to add a CC, and I got a message that the pre-auth couldn't be set up. I checked my CC for errors and saw the request for pre-auth come in a short time later, so it might be that you're not waiting long enough for the response.

But right now I can bid on auctions. It worked only 1 time for me, and every other bid attempt gets that error.

I have logged a ticket 2 days ago, but only today got a confirmation. Help most appreciated.

•••
I see your ticket is open and being reviewed as we speak!

nick..can u make transfer out button or link to expediate them plz.

can we still request it by email now? with resolve time b4 5 days lol

•••
Hello All,

Nameserver Changes - We just pushed out a big update to our Nameserver update service that we expect to resolve the issues over the last week or so. If you have any failed NS changes, just re-submit them on Sav and it should go though correctly!

@Geegy - Assuming you are referring to Nameservers, see above!

@Hypersot - DM me before and after button click screenshot and we will take a look.

@Brandworthy - DM me the ticket number and ill take a look.

@alcy - We were just taking about that today. I'm guessing we will have it done in one of the next few sprints.

•••
Hello All,

Nameserver Changes - We just pushed out a big update to our Nameserver update service that we expect to resolve the issues over the last week or so. If you have any failed NS changes, just re-submit them on Sav and it should go though correctly!

@Geegy - Assuming you are referring to Nameservers, see above!

@Hypersot - DM me before and after button click screenshot and we will take a look.

@Brandworthy - DM me the ticket number and ill take a look.

@alcy - We were just taking about that today. I'm guessing we will have it done in one of the next few sprints.

yes but still no ans if u do it by request

•••
@alcy DM me the ticket number and take look.

•••
I tried changing nameservers, didn't work. :grumpy:

•••
Since I don't want increase the volume of your tickets, a quick question:
What should I expect to happen when I click the 'backorder' button?

Currently, what happens after clicking 'Backorder' is the domain gets moved to a box called 'Bulk Remove Backorders' while the 'Active Backorder Requests' remains empty.
That happened on every domain I tried to place a backorder on.

I'm sure I'm doing something wrong, just can't figure out what.

Thanks
I did try this service and can say that it works, the only thing after the domain was registered it was still showing in the Active Backorder Requests, had to remove it from there manually, maybe try other browsers i have observed some cause missing elements, such browsers as Epic and Iridium, because for security reasons they disable many things.

•••
I did try this service and can say that it works, the only thing after the domain was registered it was still showing in the Active Backorder Requests, had to remove it from there manually, maybe try other browsers i have observed some cause missing elements, such browsers as Epic and Iridium, because for security reasons they disable many things.

Thanks but the issue has been resolved.
I got confused by the green tick next to my method of payment (thought the tick showed that everything was ok).
Apparently, after I saw that the system had accepted my method of payment successfully, I also had to click the 'update' button below.

•••
@Nick R , some needed upgrades to the bulk update of nameservers:

- Add an option for 200 items. The jump from 100 to 500 is too high. I had to update 440 domains and this resulted in 5 different update steps. The option would reduce this in half. Normally this follows a scale of 2:1 or 2.5:1 in such interfaces.

- I don't understand why the nameserver update is set to fail when just a domain already has those nameservers. This is a bad choice.

Often it is very hard to pick exactly those that aren't already set. The update should not fail, but rather email a warning at the end (say 100 domains were in set, 80 updated, 15 already set to the same nameservers, 5 fails) - with a link to view report as to which failed or weren't updated etc.

- The system should email you once a job is finished, not just when it encounters an error.

There is progress indeed but there are still a lot of rough edges that need polish.

Edit: A similar issue is when trying to list on marketplace. I wanted to list 10K+ domains, well, it is impossible. Since each 20 domains or so the system throws an error "X domain is already assigned to someone else" or similar message. So it made my task IMPOSSIBLE and your marketplace losing money. The developers might not see this pain but users do, and hard.

It should instead show a warning with a link to a list of the domains that coudn't be listed for the specified reasons, but list the others. This way you can fix the issues later, I will have to email you that list and ask to remove former owners from the system.

Last edited:
•••
Wait, what?! NS change fails if you already have a domain under the same NS? Why? This is such a stupid anti-feature I can't even fanthom why they would put it there.

Edit: I haven't even been getting an email each time the update fails... This is all so broken :facepalm:

Last edited:
•••
Wait, what?! NS change fails if you already have a domain under the same NS? Why? This is such a stupid anti-feature I can't even fanthom why they would put it there.

Edit: I haven't even been getting an email each time the update fails... This is all so broken :facepalm:

As a developer I can tell that this is not a feature, it's something that needs to be upgraded in the multi-domain update version of today. The error was in the old version and I guess it just needs upgrade / soft errors and a list being generated.

So are the email features, there's still work to be done there.

Side note I guess this is a major update for Sav, so I would advise patience.

I developed platforms in the past and I'm able to see their side too, it's a high volume of changes that would require probably a few months to get polished. There is good progress however, while there are also lot of bugs that need to be fixed but so far they have always addressed what I have mentioned.

Last edited:
•••
@Geegy - I just DMd you to get more details/your ticket number so we can take a look.

@iTesla - Backorders do stay active until your remove them currently. We do have an item in our todo list to auto remove a backorder once it is caught though.

@twiki - 200/page - We will add that our suggestions list. NS updates that are the same - We agree and pushed that change yesterday. If you change the NS on the domain to the same NS, it is now a success. (@Geegy as well) DM me if you are still seeing it. Good suggestion on the marketplace to batch errors as well, added to our list. Emails - We get people who ask for more emails, and people who ask for less emails so we try to balance only sending emails when absolutely needed. Giving more granular control to each user s something we will look at in the future.

A General PSA:
When an issue does come up, please submit a support ticket to [email protected] and DM us the ticket number & your email so we can look into it right away. We are unable to look into any issues posted directly in this thread as we do not have a way to access your Sav account based off your NP username.

•••
Is changing NS broken?

I'm trying to change the NS on each domain individually but doesn't seem to work.
I've been waiting for 8 hours or so and nothing changes.

Normally, the propagation for .com starts immediately upon changing the NS. In this case however, it's like the action doesn't happen in the first place.

•••
@Hypersot - We are not aware of any issues issues but are happy to take a look. DM me your ticket number with the domain names in it and I can pull the logs and see.

•••
Hello @Nick R
I'm about to lose a sale...Please help, it's urgent

I have sold a domain via afternic then I went to the SAV Panel and unlocked the domain and when I have request the auth code, I have got a 3 Chars auth code.
and I immediatly email the SAV support to see if the auth code was correct or its was an erreur because this is the 1st time I have seen a 3 Letters auth code. But I have not received any response from them about this issue.
So I decide to send that auth code to afternic team, But they said that the domain is locked even I have unlocked it from the Sav Panel, and second problem is there an issue with auth code.

So now. I cannot generate a new auth as your system doesn't allow user to generate a new one,

Last edited:
•••
@coolhands - I would be happy to take a look at that. When an issue does come up, please submit a support ticket to [email protected] and DM us the ticket number & your email so we can look into it right away. We are unable to look into any issues posted directly in this thread as we do not have a way to access your Sav account based off your NP username.

•••
If you are nick, I have sent you a email and you reply " I just looked at the registry and see that the domain is unlocked. "

Last edited:
•••
DM Sent

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back