Dynadot

Sav Official Thread

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Nick R

VIP Member
Sav.com Staff
Impact
Hello NamePros community! We are creating a single thread where we can share announcements in, talk about product updates, people can ask questions and host a great discussion on all things domains!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
@coolhands - Ill DM you to get the ticket number

•••
@Nick R
Sent you a PM with ticket number regarding an ongoing issue. Please assist in resolving this. I'm at my witts end...

•••
@NWDef - I would be happy to take a look but do not see an DM. Can you double check who it was sent to?

•••
@NWDef - I would be happy to take a look but do not see an DM. Can you double check who it was sent to?

Sent you the PM yesterday at 10AM PST with the ticket number as the subject heading

•••
@NWDef - I just looked at the ticket. It looks like I escalated it after the DM yesterday to an agent who replied but ultimately did not solve the issue. I do understand your frustration and would be myself as well if I had to being up the same thing multiple times. We are looking into again now and should reply to the ticket shortly.

•••
@NWDef - I just looked at the ticket. It looks like I escalated it after the DM yesterday to an agent who replied but ultimately did not solve the issue. I do understand your frustration and would be myself as well if I had to being up the same thing multiple times. We are looking into again now and should reply to the ticket shortly.

Just showed up in my account. Whatever you did worked. Thank you.

•••
@Nick R what will happen if I backorder a ngtld with a standard price and the registry will price it premium at the moment it drops( lot's of registries are doing this). The backorder will be cancelled or I will be charged the premium price? How can we make sure that we don't pay a premium price for a backorder?

Last edited:
•••
@NWDef - My pleasure!

@boker - I haven't heard of this senario happening at the registries but if you want to DM me an example domain I would be happy to look and see.

A General PSA:
When an issue does come up, please submit a support ticket to [email protected] and DM us the ticket number & your email so we can look into it right away. We are unable to look into any issues posted directly in this thread as we do not have a way to access your Sav account based off your NP username.

•••
@NWDef - My pleasure!

@boker - I haven't heard of this senario happening at the registries but if you want to DM me an example domain I would be happy to look and see.

A General PSA:
When an issue does come up, please submit a support ticket to [email protected] and DM us the ticket number & your email so we can look into it right away. We are unable to look into any issues posted directly in this thread as we do not have a way to access your Sav account based off your NP username.
@Nick R I don't have a certain domain in mind, I just want to be sure that I will not pay a premium price for a standard ngtld. Most ngtlds registries are doing it and at least .co registry as well. Also, can you comment about the $280 price tag domains sold by Sav, they are owned and dropcatched by Sav? There are at least a few thousands now, some priced $280, some priced $280 +$8 renewal.

Last edited:
•••
@boker - When a domain is caught, it is charged at the then current backorder price. We do send out an email the day before its caught with the price but if it happens to change between then and when it drops you can request a refund per our refund policy. I have never herd of the registries making a domain premium the second it drops though. Regarding the $280, these sounds like domains listed by Sav customers on the Sav Marketplace. Just a reminder that the Sav Marketplace offers an industry low 4% commission and is available to all Sav customers!

•••
@Nick R

I have tryed to update DNS on one of my name for many days without any success and today I got this response from you support

Hello,

It looks like the domain is in a status that prevents any updates from going through at the registry. This should automatically clear up within a few days. Please let us know if you still have trouble updating your nameservers in a few days.

Best,
Harsh Y.

That sounds crazy to me - What does it mean? Ticket Number: 123402

Problem solved thanks to Nick (y)

Last edited:
•••
@wwwulff - I would be confused by that response as well. Let me ask the agent to take another look and reply back.

•••
A General PSA:

•••
@Nick R, can you make importing of domains for marketplace listing not fail on the first error?

It should import everything acceptable and provide a list of errors at the end.

I have 10k+ domains with you, and more in total. Can't list them (at all), because each 10 domains 1 was previously owned and I get an error cause the domain still "belongs to someone else". I remove that, then the next... and the next... and the next... until you have to give up. Pointless to even try.

Consequently, you and I are both losing money right now.

•••
****PLEASE READ!****

Why you add my domains in auction or BIN ___WITHOUT___ MY CONSENT!!??
Your staff should be fired as they don't care about your customers. They just don't do anything helpful!

WHY CAN'T I PUSH MY DOMAINS TO ANOTHER USER?!
Your staff is not answering my request after 48 hours!
I need to push domains that are not in auction and not pending sale at SAV...

mail

Hello X,

We have processed your change of account request. Here are the results:

Successes:

None

Errors:

(domain).io - Email Address Is Missing or Invalid --(I HAVE THE RIGHT EMAIL)--

Best Regards,
Sav.com

Why you provide wrong auth codes on some domains??

Please do something!

Last edited:
•••
Does anybody else get errors when trying to bid on auctions? Tried both Paypal and CC and most often get a generic error "Payment method was not able to be pre-authorized for the bid amount." Anybody else see this?

•••
Does anybody else get errors when trying to bid on auctions? Tried both Paypal and CC and most often get a generic error "Payment method was not able to be pre-authorized for the bid amount." Anybody else see this?
Just save your time, health and money and forget SAV...

•••
@twiki - That is a suggestion we have had a few times in the last week and added it to our todo list. We will make an easier way to show all errors on a bulk upload list at once instead of one by one.

@BrandChimp - as noted above, please submit a support ticket to [email protected] and DM us the ticket number & your email so we can look into it right away. We are unable to look into any issues posted directly in this thread as we do not have a way to access your Sav account based off your NP username.

@Brandworthy - If you have an open ticket, feel free to DM me the number and ill take a look.

We try to put this on the bottom of most posts it looks like its getting missed:

•••
I can't see an option to delete a domain from the 'My Domains' section.

I can only see the following:
Renew
Nameservers
Contacts
Auto Renew
Privacy Protection
Lock/Unlock
Change Account
Buy Now Price
Start Auction
Add to Folder
Export List

When I go to an individual domain (both locked and unlocked) I can see Domain Details (with no option to delete), DNS & Domain Forwarding, Whois Contacts, Sell Domain on SAV, Other Options (Transfer Domain to Another SAV User) but again no option to delete domains early, please help.

•••
@the-respondent Our support team can help you with that - [email protected]. There is not currently a UI option to delete a domain but adding that into the new Domain Manager is on the list!

•••
@the-respondentThere is not currently a UI option to delete a domain but adding that into the new Domain Manager is on the list!

Where is the area on SAV to change log in email/password? I can't see an option on the 'My Account' section? If I change WHOIS email details will this change the log in for SAV? I no longer have access to the email account used when setting up the SAV account.

•••
Any chance of adding a contact form on default sav landers? They are pretty useless as of now (from the domain owner's point of view). And some domains I don't want to list for sale.

Actually, is there currently any way to contact owner of a domain registered at sav? I tried using the contact form on privacyprotection.com (copied from whois) but it said "Domain Not In Our System!". That domain was registered at sav in October, so it's not just a question of cache/refresh.

Last edited:
•••
@the-respondent - The password can be reset on the login page but there is not a way to change the email address currently. Are you able to get the password reset email that is sent to the email address on file?

@pb - We do not have plans for a contact form on the landers currently but I will add that to our list of feature requests. Re the privacyprotection.com message, our support team will be able to get the exact domain and help with that.

@the-respondent @pb - As a general FYI: When an issue does come up, please submit a support ticket to [email protected] and DM us the ticket number & your email so we can look into it right away. We are unable to look into any issues posted directly in this thread as we do not have a way to access your Sav account based off your NP username.

•••
Nameserver change is still broken. Today I initiated one, but after setting up new NSs nothing happened. There's still no change, after many hours.

For some names, there's no problem, nameserver changes are fast. For others, it seems that an NS change takes days. It cannot be a performance issue, because a few days ago when I changed the NS of two domains the same time, one took a few minutes, the other took a day.

Maybe your new backend make a distinction between backordered and registered names? I'm asking because my backordered names usually have this problem.

Anyway, I raised a ticket about the issue, let's hope it gets solved soon.

•••
@Nick R - I sent you DM regarding inaccesible domains. I purchased few hundreds .xyz domains 2-3 weeks ago through sav.com. Some are still inaccesible and some was working perfectly then suddenly becomes inaccesible.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back