NameSilo

Rubik's Cube

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Dan

Buy my domains.VIP Member
Impact
I just bought a Rubik's cube ~2 days ago. Who else here has one or is any good at it? My record (in just a couple hours of learning it) is somewhere around 6-7 minutes.

(edit: Do teen threads in The Break Room get moved here? I could've sworn I made it in there along with some other thread a while ago (where this same thing happened.))

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I never completed one in my life. ;)
But I've only tried a few times.

•••
It's fun taking two stickers off and switching them with each other, and then giving it to someone who's really good at it and knows how to solve it. :)

•••
My friend has the world record...i can do it in like 45 seconds or so

•••
I can't complete it at all... Max I can do is just 2 sides :(

•••
Me and athletec (derek's) friend has the world record or used to. He could do it ~10-15 seconds... I can only do the top two layers, I forget the sequence to do the last layer

Peter

•••
_FLIP_ said:
I never completed one in my life. ;)
But I've only tried a few times.
Same. :hehe:

Dan said:
(edit: Do teen threads in The Break Room get moved here? I could've sworn I made it in there along with some other thread a while ago (where this same thing happened.))
Get peaches to check the thread history.

•••
peaches017 said:
Me and athletec (derek's) friend has the world record or used to. He could do it ~10-15 seconds... I can only do the top two layers, I forget the sequence to do the last layer
Is how you learned the last layer, U R Ui Li U Ri Ui L, until the corners are in their right spots, than Ri Di R D x 2 or 4?

That's how my guide has it and it seems like just doing that would take longer than these guys.. Does he solve multiple pieces at the same time? A 7 move step to get each middle layer edge seems WAYY to long to get close to their times.

•••
•••
Dan said:
Is how you learned the last layer, U R Ui Li U Ri Ui L, until the corners are in their right spots, than Ri Di R D x 2 or 4?

That's how my guide has it and it seems like just doing that would take longer than these guys.. Does he solve multiple pieces at the same time? A 7 move step to get each middle layer edge seems WAYY to long to get close to their times.

He only uses oll and pll for the last layer.

•••
a knive and super glue =)

•••
•••
It seems more of knowing where the next piece you have to solve is. Most of my time is finding the next piece for the first layer. It would probably help me a lot if I lubed it, because it gets stuck a little.

My record is now ~3 minutes in 3 days of having one. :)

•••
Man, you guys really made me want to get a Rubik's Cube now. Just to compete with all of you :D
The last time I played with a rubik's cube was about 5 years ago.

•••
I got one about 3 years ago - it is still uncompleted, lol

•••
Mikor said:
I got one about 3 years ago - it is still uncompleted, lol
You didn't even move all the stickers around? :o

My best is now around 2min 10sec.

•••
I really don't understand how people can time how long it takes -- it's different almost every time. If I get a new cube and turn one side once and begin timing, I can turn it back and complete it in 0.3 seconds.

•••
Etab said:
I really don't understand how people can time how long it takes -- it's different almost every time. If I get a new cube and turn one side once and begin timing, I can turn it back and complete it in 0.3 seconds.

They do like 20 move random scrambles.

•••
Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

I just did it in 59 sec. :)

•••
Dan said:
Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

I just did it in 59 sec. :)
Get a life ;)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back