IT.COM

domain Thanks for your juicy opinions! (Domain now hidden)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Lietuvis

Established Member
Impact
Purchased this bad boy not too long ago at auction, here are the details:

The domain was sold xxxx-xx-xx for $7,xxx USD on xxxx (shown on namebio, estibot, and godaddy) and was used as cryptocurrency rating and analysis company (shown on the FB profile and a reddit post).

Domain was in use already from xxxx by a XXXXX company for a couple of years (Can be seen on Web Archive/Way Back Machine).

Let me know what you think guys, what could a domain like this fetch? Much appreciated!

EDIT - Heres some selling points: 🎉

Innovative Edge in Fintech and Crypto:

(hidden)

Heritage:

(hidden)

Memorable and Versatile Branding:

(hidden)

Similar Domains sold:
xxxxxxx.com
- $9xx USD GoDaddy Auction xx/xx/2024
xxxxxxx.com - $3,xxx USD
xxxxxxx.com - $2,xxx USD
xxxxxxx.com - $5,xxx USD SEDO xx/xx/2011

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Purchased this bad boy not too long ago at auction, here are the details:

Domain was in use already from 2004 by a Shanghai Runxin Enterprise Registration Agent company for a couple of years (Can be seen on Web Archive/Way Back Machine, I'll add some screen shots). imgur(.)com/a/nlkaKnN - Link to the screenshot of of the site in 2005.

The domain then was sold 2018-02-27 for $7,700 USD on Sedo (shown on namebio, estibot, and godaddy) and became this "Rency provides global standards for cryptocurrency ratings and analysis. Now you can invest with confidence!" (taken from the facebook profile which is still up). However recently it was put on Afternic with a $25,000 price tag, did not sell, and ended up on an auction.

Estibot.com thinks it's worth $7,900, Godaddy thinks $4,064, but those numbers don't really mean anything...

Let me know what you think guys, what could a domain like this fetch? Much appreciated! Not a huge fan of the name but if it has a track record that’s great and you should be able to get close to what it was pulling. I’m not not seeing the value but the market does I guess.

Last edited:
•••
•••
$25 to $135 = Reseller Value Speculation (NOT an end user speculation)

•••
•••
Let me know what you think guys, what could a domain like this fetch? Much appreciated!

"Buy first, think later" is not a wise approach.

If you have to ask what it's worth, you probably shouldn't buy the name.

It's not a bad name but in my opinion, it's better to gain experience with lower cost purchases before diving in with xxx buys that you don't know how to value.

Last edited:
•••
"Buy first, think later" is not a wise approach.

If you have to ask what it's worth, you probably shouldn't buy the name.

It's not a bad name but in my opinion, it's better to gain experience with lower cost purchases before diving in with xxx buys that you don't know how to value.
Many others, including me, ask what their domains are worth in this forum, not because we are clueless but because we want a second opinion.

That said, I'm glad I've won it in auction. Consider, for instance, the domain xxxxxx.com which, despite being less valuable than mine, sold for $9xx USD at a xxxxx Auction on xx, 20xx. This sale alone shows that I can recover my initial investment and potentially surpass xxxxxx sale price, especially considering it was achieved through an auction.

I appreciate the life lessons, but lets stick to domain valuations. Thanks.

Last edited:
•••
First, welcome to Namepros. Hope you have fun, learn stuff, and even become profitable through what you might learn or transact here :)

Second, please ignore one of the above appraisals; I've mentioned this to mods before, but their reply is, in essence, that since the member isn't technically breaking any rules, the member will be allowed to continue to give ridiculous appraisals that have no thought, research, or reality to them.

I, on the other hand, will make a few sensible comments for you:

It's a nice domain. According to DotDB, it is taken in 15 extensions. This isn't a huge number, but it's not paltry, either. 15 extensions implies that it is definitely an attractive name/term to multiple owners, and some of those extensions have developed websites.

Looks like it has quite a few meanings; I like the one where it's a female Greek name, meaning 'to be reborn'. Great stuff!

There are many companies with this name. So yes, it has some reasonably strong demand among end users.

In furtherance of that strength, there is currently one live trademark for the term (you can search it using WIPO to see worldwide trademarks), one new TM pending, and a few more TMs that have this word included. People don't generally trademark stupid, unattractive terms (okay, they do, I'm lying), but with multiple trademarks of sorts, some businesses obviously really like this name.

As for its 'past life': yes, always nice to have an exact comp for a domain. That doesn't necessarily mean it has the same value now. I can see what you paid for it, and see the 7.7K price it sold for a few years back. That would have likely been an end user. And their project/company possibly failed, or maybe never got off the ground in the first place. And they likely bought the domain only for this project, they were likely not 'domainers', and they likely had no idea what to do with the domain afterwards so they let it expire. I know, that's a lot of 'likely's.

I've picked up many domains that are like that. My most recent was a domain that I won at auction for $555, and it had previously sold for 10.5K in 2013 (I won't mention it in public thread but you can DM me if curious). It was another domain that was used for a project, by an end user, who eventually let go of the project/business, and let the domain expire. We all have those stories, but it doesn't mean that the domain will hold its value and that lightning will strike twice and we'll get the same kind of price range, too. That may have been the perfect end user, for your domain (and for mine), and that price may or may not ever be achieved again by some other end user.

However, times change. Domain trends cycle. Some companies fail, and other companies are just starting, and they may have even deeper pockets and like your name even more. Optimism is great, isn't it? (Or delusion. Or stupidity. Or something.)

A very interesting use, that you may or may not have considered, is that this is a shortening, and could possibly be treated as an informal or slang version of 'currency' or 'cryptocurrency'. Might make an interesting brand to a crypto startup... everyone else is using the first few letters, 'crypto', while you are sitting on the last few letters... ;)

As for appraisal: it has a lot of things going for it. This isn't a measly LLLLL, it's a strong one. I think you paid right on the money for it as a reseller price, and I wouldn't have been surprised if it had brought a couple hundred more $$ from a reseller.

For end user price, I'd probably list it at 12K, but accept the first offer I got anywhere over 5K. Or, if you really like the final five letters in cryptocurrency connotation, you can always shoot for the moon.

Good luck. I like it. Nice name. Not STELLAR, but nice :)

•••
First, welcome to Namepros. Hope you have fun, learn stuff, and even become profitable through what you might learn or transact here :)

Second, please ignore one of the above appraisals; I've mentioned this to mods before, but their reply is, in essence, that since the member isn't technically breaking any rules, the member will be allowed to continue to give ridiculous appraisals that have no thought, research, or reality to them.

I, on the other hand, will make a few sensible comments for you:

It's a nice domain. According to DotDB, it is taken in 15 extensions. This isn't a huge number, but it's not paltry, either. 15 extensions implies that it is definitely an attractive name/term to multiple owners, and some of those extensions have developed websites.

Looks like it has quite a few meanings; I like the one where it's a female Greek name, meaning 'to be reborn'. Great stuff!

There are many companies with this name. So yes, it has some reasonably strong demand among end users.

In furtherance of that strength, there is currently one live trademark for the term (you can search it using WIPO to see worldwide trademarks), one new TM pending, and a few more TMs that have this word included. People don't generally trademark stupid, unattractive terms (okay, they do, I'm lying), but with multiple trademarks of sorts, some businesses obviously really like this name.

As for its 'past life': yes, always nice to have an exact comp for a domain. That doesn't necessarily mean it has the same value now. I can see what you paid for it, and see the 7.7K price it sold for a few years back. That would have likely been an end user. And their project/company possibly failed, or maybe never got off the ground in the first place. And they likely bought the domain only for this project, they were likely not 'domainers', and they likely had no idea what to do with the domain afterwards so they let it expire. I know, that's a lot of 'likely's.

I've picked up many domains that are like that. My most recent was a domain that I won at auction for $555, and it had previously sold for 10.5K in 2013 (I won't mention it in public thread but you can DM me if curious). It was another domain that was used for a project, by an end user, who eventually let go of the project/business, and let the domain expire. We all have those stories, but it doesn't mean that the domain will hold its value and that lightning will strike twice and we'll get the same kind of price range, too. That may have been the perfect end user, for your domain (and for mine), and that price may or may not ever be achieved again by some other end user.

However, times change. Domain trends cycle. Some companies fail, and other companies are just starting, and they may have even deeper pockets and like your name even more. Optimism is great, isn't it? (Or delusion. Or stupidity. Or something.)

A very interesting use, that you may or may not have considered, is that this is a shortening, and could possibly be treated as an informal or slang version of 'currency' or 'cryptocurrency'. Might make an interesting brand to a crypto startup... everyone else is using the first few letters, 'crypto', while you are sitting on the last few letters... ;)

As for appraisal: it has a lot of things going for it. This isn't a measly LLLLL, it's a strong one. I think you paid right on the money for it as a reseller price, and I wouldn't have been surprised if it had brought a couple hundred more $$ from a reseller.

For end user price, I'd probably list it at 12K, but accept the first offer I got anywhere over 5K. Or, if you really like the final five letters in cryptocurrency connotation, you can always shoot for the moon.

Good luck. I like it. Nice name. Not STELLAR, but nice :)
Thank you Bannen! I have to say I wasn't expecting such a detailed review, I was starting to lose some hope...

I can definitely say your reply has made me optimistic, a bit of delusion is good for everyone 😆

Now it makes sense why the crypto company might of bought the domain in 20xx, I'm assuming it was because of the xxxxxxx/xxxxxxxxxx, before I couldn't make the link and wasn't sure why they bought it. That said, that might be an even larger selling point than the Chinese translation, but either way that means it can target multiple markets.

Considering there are companies registered with that name, it might be worth for me to send a few outbounds, see what they say. However, I don't expect this to sell quick so I'm ready to hold for a while, that's what I like about the .com domains is that the hosting fee is very cheap, otherwise I would be in trouble. I think the crypto and web 3 space is booming a bit right now, especially with BTC reaching $70k and the halving coming up, I might get lucky, who knows.

Thanks to you, I've crafted a chunky description for the dan lander with all the selling points, and I'll also follow your suggestion for the price. But let me know, should I craft up a logo? I've done so for a few of my domains like xxxxxxx but not sure if I should do one for xxxxx.

Other than that, I'm quite curious about your domain purchase, so I'll send a DM, maybe I've seen it before 🤔

Thanks again Bannen, I'm quite surprised you did so much research to help out a new user!

Last edited:
•••
Great name! Hold it for the right buyer.

•••
•••
Thank you everyone for your input! You guys have really helped me, I appreciate it.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back