NameSilo

RookMedia.net ?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Just got an e-mail from them asking if i want to switch from Sedo to them(parking). Any reviews?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
during last 2 days if i type rookmedia.net to log into my account i got the page shown above.
if i type my user + password the system says that all is wrong..
is that a correct site?

after i tried to log in from this link in my history:
partner.rookmedia.net/Reports

and all is perfect like before..

what is that page?
is a phishing tecnique or maybe just the new plaftorm not ready yet?

have you tried hard reloading the browser? it's CTRL+F5 in windows (don't know what's the key comb. in mac)
Maybe your cache is messed up 'cause the screenshot looks very familiar (domcop maybe?)

•••
Yeah I've noticed that too is very close the domcop layout but as I've placed my password I want to know if I need to change it for my security.

•••
No, something is wrong at your end.The page which I get is this and yes you should change your password asap for safety.
sv2ycw.jpg

during last 2 days if i type rookmedia.net to log into my account i got the page shown above.
if i type my user + password the system says that all is wrong..
is that a correct site?

after i tried to log in from this link in my history:
partner.rookmedia.net/Reports

and all is perfect like before..

what is that page?
is a phishing tecnique or maybe just the new plaftorm not ready yet?

•••
Thanks for your opinion :)
I'm waiting some official confirmation too

•••
That is strange Paolo, i think your computer is infected by virus or something. Better you trying cleaning cache, cookies and scan your computer with latest update antivirus. It's looks like an phising.

•••
I am somehow sad that the old platform at DS goes away. I really like guessing revenue system and the statistic boxes on the dashboard. I have seen a new pubman and its a point line statitsics. From the design and layout I find old one better.

•••
•••
•••
That is strange Paolo, i think your computer is infected by virus or something. Better you trying cleaning cache, cookies and scan your computer with latest update antivirus. It's looks like an phising.
i've a mac so i think that is not a virus..
by the way i've not seen that screen no more after clean the cache..
i'd like to have a Mike or Martin confirmation too.

i'm not payed too but i'm a rook member by more than 1 year and they never miss a payout until now..

•••
Payment just arrived.. Thank's Rookmedia.

•••
Rookemdia, what happened at DS with the old guessing RPC on DS platform? In the old days revenue went up after updates BUT now the revenue goes down after each and every update...

•••
i've a mac so i think that is not a virus..
by the way i've not seen that screen no more after clean the cache..
i'd like to have a Mike or Martin confirmation too.

i'm not payed too but i'm a rook member by more than 1 year and they never miss a payout until now..

Hi Pablo, I would check my computer thoroughly for viruses/malware in your situation, because the page screenshot you posted has never been active on the rook-domain. Plus if you typed in your user data on the fake-page, you should change your details asap.

Good luck

•••
Rookemdia, what happened at DS with the old guessing RPC on DS platform? In the old days revenue went up after updates BUT now the revenue goes down after each and every update...

Hi Decades,

the new system has a major advantage: it shows you the real revenue that you earn for your domains. Before all revenue you made for your domains was lumped up together and spread out, nor randomly, but not precisely either across your domains.

Now that real revenue per domain is shown, you will be able to renew domains with much better precision, renewing the names that actually make money and dropping the ones that do not. Part of this change is that our estimates before the update might be more off - something we will over time fine tune to be closer to updated revenues.

Thanks

•••
Pardon me but where the new system has applied? At rook or at DS?

•••
Hi Decades,

the new system has a major advantage: it shows you the real revenue that you earn for your domains. Before all revenue you made for your domains was lumped up together and spread out, nor randomly, but not precisely either across your domains.

Now that real revenue per domain is shown, you will be able to renew domains with much better precision, renewing the names that actually make money and dropping the ones that do not. Part of this change is that our estimates before the update might be more off - something we will over time fine tune to be closer to updated revenues.

Thanks

I can understand that. The question is just why the revenues are dropping AFTER the Google update for the previous day? I believe its around 18:30 CET at DS, around 17 CET for IT and Voodoo and around 24:00 CET at Parkingcrew. By all the other comanies the numbers are final after the data comes from Google. BUT at DS the figures get down for 2 more days...

•••
I can understand that. The question is just why the revenues are dropping AFTER the Google update for the previous day? I believe its around 18:30 CET at DS, around 17 CET for IT and Voodoo and around 24:00 CET at Parkingcrew. By all the other comanies the numbers are final after the data comes from Google. BUT at DS the figures get down for 2 more days...

Just curious,
have you noticed that with RookMedia also or only with DS?

( btw. PC update at around 00:30 UTC )

•••
I dont use Rookmedia, at least not much. But I was shocked last week when I got 12 USD click and on 18:30 it was worth 6 USD and the following day 4 USD and finaly 2 USD at the end. I more liked old DS when the clicks were sky rocketing at 18:30 and they could go even up on the following day or slightly down. And from my experience the last 2 weeks, this is happening like constantly.

•••
I dont use Rookmedia, at least not much. But I was shocked last week when I got 12 USD click and on 18:30 it was worth 6 USD and the following day 4 USD and finaly 2 USD at the end. I more liked old DS when the clicks were sky rocketing at 18:30 and they could go even up on the following day or slightly down. And from my experience the last 2 weeks, this is happening like constantly.

thanks for letting us know Decades.

Tbh, DS for me works as it used to , strange thing is that I noticed similar behaviour with Voodoo but I thought it was always there and I just hadn't noticed before.

What I have noticed, with voodo, is earnings to show -as an example- $10 and 20-30 mins later they drop to $5.
I saw that happening quite often but then I stopped watching since I thought this behaviour was 'normal'

•••
the domainsponsor system is the most fishy there is - it updates after 24 hours just like any other pc company ( and everyone tells you that this is when the final numbers from google come - then over the next 2 DAYS you will see a half a dozen other "updates " or shall i say reductions ( as i NEVER EVER SEEN AS MUCH AS ONE CENT INCREASE EVER !!! ) until next to nothing is left of your revenue .

if this isn't fishy i dont know what is !

i emailed - but never got a logical explanation ( that was weeks ago )

my question is very simply : if the next day update is the final numbers that you get from google - why is there a need to go back into accounts and take another 95 % of the revenue away ?

what possible additional " unjust reductions " are applied - a payment fro a house in florida that i didn't know i had ?

•••
@RookMedia or domainsponsor is sombrero.de a legitimate product of yours (Daniel Law)?

•••
There is a reason I don't use Rookmedia! :)

•••
I already said I got fed up with them in one week,removed all my domains and shifted else where with more transparent system.

•••
anybody received the ds payment for september???

•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back