IT.COM

RookMedia.net ?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Just got an e-mail from them asking if i want to switch from Sedo to them(parking). Any reviews?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
They're much better than Sedo (who isn't?!) - In fact a lot better. They will pay on time but $50 min.

Last edited:
•••
Wow... I can see that this guys are serious about taking over the industry. I got the same email last week but I had refused to pay much attention to them until they told me which of my domain they saw before contacting me.

Well, today they finally did show me the domain name and I have ask for the possibilities of selling domain names through their platform but I have not gotten a reply just yet.

Still waiting for them... but I must confess that the CEO, Simon is doing great job.

I also feel that early birds will get much more benefit and value.

•••
Thanks, will give it a shot.

•••
Remember that if they need to spam, business must not be too thriving.

•••
Remember that if they need to spam, business must not be too thriving.

You may be right .. but they are still new. Do you set up a business without looking for a client? Give them a break!

•••
You may be right .. but they are still new. Do you set up a business without looking for a client? Give them a break!
Give them a break ? Are you kidding ? Spam has become a huge problem because so many people are doing it, or are complacent.

What they should be doing is the traditional approach: advertising & word of mouth. Paid advertising, banners prominently displayed on the right places (domain forums and blogs) etc.
Perhaps they don't have a budget and cannot even afford it ? Or are they just cheap ?

I'm not very proud to belong to an industry where ethics are so low: it seems that the legitimate parking services that do not spam are the minority :|

I will be sending you a few 'goodies' on a regular basis since you don't seem to mind :gl:

•••
Ive decided to move some there and will let you know about the result. :)

•••
Hey guys, this is my first post in this forum, good to be here. I am one of the founders and work as the CSO here and I hope to answer any questions you might have.

Ibidu: Thanks very much for the praise, appreciate that!

jideofor: Passed on your kind words to Simon, he says thanks and hi

sdsinc: Sorry to hear that we have gotten on your nerves. If you want, you can share your specific case with me in PM and I will make sure that we won't repeat the mistake. I am completely on your side that we should do more traditional marketing as well, which we are ramping up on right now.

Decades80: PM me your login mail if you would like to get some extra optimization love for your domains.

General info:
We're a small but very experienced team at Rook, having over 55 years of combined experiences at 4 different monetization providers. Our lean structure allows us to pass on a much more aggressive share of your revenue than most parking companies. I know everybody says exactly that, so don't just take my word for it. For accounts optimized by Above.com, we're the number one parking provider by revenue in 2012.

That is it I think. Good to be here, looking forward to get to know you guys better.

•••
I've been using RookMedia too after seeing reports on above.com where they came in first place for revenue.
Along with Bodis they r the only domain parking companies that can still generate revenue for domain owners.

•••
Thanks for the kind words Makis! If you ping me your mail I would be happy to see if we can do something to win over the rest of the portfolio as well ;)

•••
Hello Martin, What Rooky (Sound sweet) has to offer for Goog Banned domains.
What is the Primary Feed for Rooky.

Thanks.

•••
Ibidu: Thanks very much for the praise, appreciate that!

That's ok Martin. I just said it as it was - Simon has always returned my emails in good time.

The only thing I would change about the company would be its "name" -- I can assure the owners of the company if they changed the name to some generic name with the word "parking" in it, their revenue would grow as a result of it.

•••
Decades80: PM me your login mail if you would like to get some extra optimization love for your domains.

very kind but no need for that at that stage :) I will just test few names for a while in order to see what is the average CPC. If ok, I will add approx. XXX names in the next few months and than i will get back to you :)

•••
I've sent the registration. I want to give them a try. I like their site, feel human.

•••
Revenue for the 13th of November, still not calculated....

•••
Hello Martin, What Rooky (Sound sweet) has to offer for Goog Banned domains.
What is the Primary Feed for Rooky.

Thanks.

Hey Zaki, we use a mix of about 20 second tier feeds to get the best possible ads on blocked domains. We have the standard ones that our competitors have and a couple more specialized feeds.

---------- Post added at 03:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:11 PM ----------

Revenue for the 13th of November, still not calculated....

Now it is. Sorry for the delay.

---------- Post added at 03:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:12 PM ----------

I've sent the registration. I want to give them a try. I like their site, feel human.

Glad you like the page, we updated it just a few weeks ago ;)

•••
i read on rookmedia.net "Rook Media is the leading parking company for accounts optimized by Above.com"

what do you mean? before we have to optimize our portfolio using above to discover which parking is the best for our domains??

•••
Hey Pablo!

I agree, the phrasing is a bit fuzzy. Let me clarify what we mean: On above.com people can chose to direct traffic to a parking provider of their choice or let above optimize freely based on where the domains do the best.

So for the accounts that are set to be optimized just based on hard facts Rook has received the largest chunk of traffic. This is the closest we come to a scientific comparison on which parking provider truly generates the most revenue for its' clients, so we are very proud and happy to have received the first place.

i read on rookmedia.net "Rook Media is the leading parking company for accounts optimized by Above.com"

what do you mean? before we have to optimize our portfolio using above to discover which parking is the best for our domains??

•••
I signed up and awaiting for your approval.

•••
I signed up many days ago. Awaiting for your approval.

•••
I signed up many days ago. Awaiting for your approval.

Primerlloc: Please send me a PM in case you have not heard back from us yet.

---------- Post added at 11:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:16 AM ----------

I signed up and awaiting for your approval.

vbigdeli: Sorry that you had to wait, we have now your processed your application and the next steps should be in your mailbox by now.

•••
i am wondering about the payout time :
last month i tried this service and earn over $ 50 .
how long does it take to get the money ?

•••
•••
i am wondering about the payout time :
last month i tried this service and earn over $ 50 .
how long does it take to get the money ?

Our standard payout time is net 30, which means that the earnings for October will arrive at the 30th of this month.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back