Get your catchy domain at it.com
Dynadot
Impact
This thread is a central location to report domain name sales of any dollar amount.

As much information as you can include about the transaction is welcome, but at a bare minimum please include the domain name(s), the sale price, and whether you were the seller.

Good luck with your sales!

Please use the Like and Thank links on a post to indicate that you like it or are thankful for it being shared.

Do not post only, "great sale" or similar as this doesn't contribute to the thread. (Don't reply for the sole purpose of complimenting.)
  • Tip: Use the Like/Thanks feature instead.

Questions are allowed, but do not post commentary. If you want to discuss or comment on a sale in this thread, quote it and then post it in the following thread instead:

Suggested template (bold details are required):

Domain name:

Sale venue:​
Listing type:​
Listing upgrades:​
Seller:​
Asking price:​
Sale price:​
Purchase venue:​
Purchase price:​
Details:​

Suggested values / explanations:
  • Sale venue: Sold at NamePros, outbound direct, inbound direct, etc.
  • Listing type: Make Offer, Fixed price, Auction, Auction with Buy-It-Now, Reverse auction, etc.
  • Listing upgrades: Premium package, featured listing, etc.
  • Seller: me, a friend, a friend of a friend, a colleague, someone else, unknown, etc.
  • Purchase venue: Where (and the year) the seller purchased the domain name originally.
  • Details: Any additional details about the domain name like how you bought it, how long you had it before it sold, its age, etc.

Examples:

Domain name: ThisDomain.com​
Sale venue: NamePros (2016)​
Listing type: Make offer with Buy-It-Now​
Listing upgrades: Featured listing​
Seller: Me​
Asking price: $950​
Sale price: $830​
Purchase venue: NamePros (2015)​
Purchase price: $25​
Details: Acquired from a reseller. 5 years old domain. Had for 1 year before resold.​

Domain name: ThatDomain.com​
Sale venue: GoDaddy Auctions (2012)​
Listing type: 7-day Public Auction​
Listing upgrades: N/A​
Seller: Someone else​
Asking price: N/A​
Sale price: $60​
Purchase venue: Hand registration (2009)​
Purchase price: $8​
Details: I watched its auction. The auction description said it was hand-registered the same day it dropped (from expiration).​

Important:
  • If you don't want to provide any other information about the sale besides what you've posted, then include "no further details" or "NFD" in your post.

Last edited by a moderator:
Impact
In auction on CatchTiger - was just me & another person ( only 2 ) - i think because of coming weekend & Valentines Day
The other person don't want to bid over 250 euro( 302 euro is with VAT )

According to Namebio above Dao .uk sale is only Dao .com & Dao . co so basic the 3 sale

That other person was me and I was just too busy I forgot to put in another proxy bid. Glad you got a good sale out of it, congratulations! And good job on having a good eye. :)

I'm surprised catchtiger managed to even beat me (and many other UK catchers) to catching it. A good day for them.

1645025099267.png

Last edited:

phaethon

Established Member
Impact
sold: j-style(.)com
price: $2100
method/venue: Dan buy now lander
hold time: since 2018
sale date: yesterday

* side note, this one was a $2 auction win here on NP in 2018!

View attachment 210137
Nice sale and great deal for the buyer. It's on sale for $180000 on Dan. Sounds like a niche name.

Greek23

Established Member
Impact
M/e/t/a/v/e/r/s/e/L/o/g/i/s/t/i/c/s .co
Sales Price: $750
Sales Venue: Afternic (Not Fast Transfer)
Hold Time: 7 months
Hand Registration 99c promo

Kind of weird sale, I registered about 200 or so hand reg meta/metaverse names in July during Epik promo, I recently switched them to all make offer and within a few days got a few price requests at Afternic. Price requests are kind of a pain as they really don't provide any insight other than someone is interested. I called Afternic, they kind of mentioned hard to tell and its through a partner network and then I think they said offer of $50. I decided to price the name at $1.75k and a floor of $1.5k, the next day I did some reflection and realized that I am overpricing my meta/metaverse names and dropped to $750, name sold within five minutes of price drop. At the end of the day, I had nice roi, but I really did not hand reg well when I did this back in July, many many simple combinations missed that have sold for $XXXX in .co. However, I learned and have recently acquired ~$500 worth of dao/daos in .co, .xyz, .io and .com that I believe will have a much better success rate than my meta/metaverse registrations last July. I believe as domainers we need to grow and learn as time goes by, I really haven't been domaining very long and this sale will pay for the hand regs and some of the dao/daos names I recently registered. If we don't evolve then we become extinct, one of my favorite quotes and a reminder that there is always opportunity, but you have to take chances and not be afraid, even when others are hating/disregarding new trends.

No Further Details.

deepak2512

Established Member
Impact
Nice to see another 3D keyword domain. Here's one I sold after a 2.5 month hold which I found on expired domains..

Cost Price: $8.98 at Namecheap
Sale Price: $6999
After Commission: $5699
Register date: 01 November 2021
Sell date: 14 Jan 2022
Venue: Afternic

Listed it on Afternic but had DAN lander with make offer only..

Previously had it listed for like $17,000 but made some adjustments to pricing on my portfolio and it sold after like 3 weeks of that. I think it could have sold at my original listing price in the long term but buyer probably fomoed in when they saw over 50% off..

Not sure who the actual buyer is as a few companies have variations of the name, but I have 2 potential suspects & I believe they both would have bought it at my original listing price even if I didn't discount the listing..

View attachment 209723
Thats great, but what does 3dium means and what made you price it so high? (as it does not show many searches or other tlds registered)

alienbaba

Escaped AREA 51
Impact
Thats great, but what does 3dium means and what made you price it so high? (as it does not show many searches or other tlds registered)
Pls delete the name from your comment as I don't want it to rank on serps which is why I posted a photo not text..

It's a brandable/play on words of 3d + medium. 3 also had relevance to web3 & both companies who are my target audience are within both the web3 & 3D space. I price all my names high unless I don't plan to renew it & it's like 1-2 months to expiry..

Number of tlds registered giving a domain more worth is a myth. That only matters if it is a dictionary word + many dictionary words about new tech don't have many TLD's registered..until they get mainstream adoption..

Many .coms selling for 4 figures published on namebio have only the .com as the single TLD registered..

deepak2512

Established Member
Impact
Pls delete the name from your comment as I don't want it to rank on serps which is why I posted a photo not text..

It's a brandable/play on words of 3d + medium. 3 also had relevance to web3 & both companies who are my target audience are within both the web3 & 3D space. I price all my names high unless I don't plan to renew it & it's like 1-2 months to expiry..

Number of tlds registered giving a domain more worth is a myth. That only matters if it is a dictionary word + many dictionary words about new tech don't have many TLD's registered..until they get mainstream adoption..

Many .coms selling for 4 figures published on namebio have only the .com as the single TLD registered..
Thanks for the insights! I tried to edit but can't see the edit or delete option for the comment

JMbusiness

Premium .com domains
Impact
VACADAO SALE.png

Purchase price: $7.99 (Dynadot hand reg).
Hold time: 1 month.
Venue: Afternic.
Type: Inbound buyer.
Meaning: "Vaca" means "cow" in Spanish. It could also be a shortened form of "vacation".
Commentary: The domain had a DAN lander with a $4,888 BIN or Make offer, but the buyer was probably browsing domains on Afternic, where there was a min offer of $1,000 and no BIN. They called Afternic to request a BIN, Afternic emailed me requesting a BIN and floor, I said $4,888 BIN and $2,500 floor, expected negotiations, but to my surprise, within 15 minutes, Afternic emailed me that the buyer accepted the BIN. 8 days since the sale confirmation, the money hit my bank account.

Last edited:
Top down