IT.COM

various Report Completed Domain Name Sales Here

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

RJ

Domain BuyerTop Member
Impact
This thread is a central location to report domain name sales of any dollar amount.

As much information as you can include about the transaction is welcome, but at a bare minimum please include the domain name(s), the sale price, and whether you were the seller.

Good luck with your sales!

Please use the Like and Thank links on a post to indicate that you like it or are thankful for it being shared.

Do not post only, "great sale" or similar as this doesn't contribute to the thread. (Don't reply for the sole purpose of complimenting.)
  • Tip: Use the Like/Thanks feature instead.

Questions are allowed, but do not post commentary. If you want to discuss or comment on a sale in this thread, quote it and then post it in the following thread instead:

Suggested template (bold details are required):

Domain name:

Sale venue:​
Listing type:​
Listing upgrades:​
Seller:​
Asking price:​
Sale price:​
Purchase venue:​
Purchase price:​
Details:​

Suggested values / explanations:
  • Sale venue: Sold at NamePros, outbound direct, inbound direct, etc.
  • Listing type: Make Offer, Fixed price, Auction, Auction with Buy-It-Now, Reverse auction, etc.
  • Listing upgrades: Premium package, featured listing, etc.
  • Seller: me, a friend, a friend of a friend, a colleague, someone else, unknown, etc.
  • Purchase venue: Where (and the year) the seller purchased the domain name originally.
  • Details: Any additional details about the domain name like how you bought it, how long you had it before it sold, its age, etc.

Examples:

Domain name: ThisDomain.com​
Sale venue: NamePros (2016)​
Listing type: Make offer with Buy-It-Now​
Listing upgrades: Featured listing​
Seller: Me​
Asking price: $950​
Sale price: $830​
Purchase venue: NamePros (2015)​
Purchase price: $25​
Details: Acquired from a reseller. 5 years old domain. Had for 1 year before resold.​

Domain name: ThatDomain.com​
Sale venue: GoDaddy Auctions (2012)​
Listing type: 7-day Public Auction​
Listing upgrades: N/A​
Seller: Someone else​
Asking price: N/A​
Sale price: $60​
Purchase venue: Hand registration (2009)​
Purchase price: $8​
Details: I watched its auction. The auction description said it was hand-registered the same day it dropped (from expiration).​

Important:
  • If you don't want to provide any other information about the sale besides what you've posted, then include "no further details" or "NFD" in your post.

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
SOLD spacDao.com
$4,888.00
Hand Reg
Held 6 months

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220216-221809_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220216-221809_Chrome.jpg
    126.5 KB · Views: 123
•••
sold: j-style(.)com
price: $2100
method/venue: Dan buy now lander
hold time: since 2018
sale date: yesterday

* side note, this one was a $2 auction win here on NP in 2018!

Show attachment 210137
Nice sale and great deal for the buyer. It's on sale for $180000 on Dan. Sounds like a niche name.

•••
•••
nftsarena/com $280
venue : sedo
hold time : 7 months
handreg

•••
CRY/PTO/DO/IN/G in com $199
sedo
ht 6m
hr

•••
Domain: NFTextension [.com]

SP: $288
SV: Afternic
ST: Inbound, BIN
CP: $7.16 [handreg]
HT: 8m, 11days

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-02-17 at 17.02.44.png
    Screenshot 2022-02-17 at 17.02.44.png
    324.7 KB · Views: 76
•••
M/e/t/a/v/e/r/s/e/L/o/g/i/s/t/i/c/s .co
Sales Price: $750
Sales Venue: Afternic (Not Fast Transfer)
Hold Time: 7 months
Hand Registration 99c promo

Kind of weird sale, I registered about 200 or so hand reg meta/metaverse names in July during Epik promo, I recently switched them to all make offer and within a few days got a few price requests at Afternic. Price requests are kind of a pain as they really don't provide any insight other than someone is interested. I called Afternic, they kind of mentioned hard to tell and its through a partner network and then I think they said offer of $50. I decided to price the name at $1.75k and a floor of $1.5k, the next day I did some reflection and realized that I am overpricing my meta/metaverse names and dropped to $750, name sold within five minutes of price drop. At the end of the day, I had nice roi, but I really did not hand reg well when I did this back in July, many many simple combinations missed that have sold for $XXXX in .co. However, I learned and have recently acquired ~$500 worth of dao/daos in .co, .xyz, .io and .com that I believe will have a much better success rate than my meta/metaverse registrations last July. I believe as domainers we need to grow and learn as time goes by, I really haven't been domaining very long and this sale will pay for the hand regs and some of the dao/daos names I recently registered. If we don't evolve then we become extinct, one of my favorite quotes and a reminder that there is always opportunity, but you have to take chances and not be afraid, even when others are hating/disregarding new trends.

No Further Details.

•••
sandsvegas.png

Sale venue: Afternic (lander was Dan)
Hold time: 1 year
Purchase price: $16 (Godaddy Auction)
Sale price: $1200 (initial offer was $1000), $960 payout after fees

•••
S\hard\ware.com, $2000, Afternic

•••
•••
Second meta sale. Dan lander but sold at Afternic. Registered 2021-10-16.

Attachments

• t5r4ee.png
    t5r4ee.png
    18.3 KB · Views: 429
•••
E T H . C E O
sold for $17,000
Hold Time: 6 days
Closed Sale via: Dan
Offer: inbound

•••
E T H . C E O
sold for $17,000
Hold Time: 6 days
Closed Sale via: Dan
Offer: inbound
Dayumnn! Can you share purchase price? Of course ok if you don't want to!

•••
•••
Nice to see another 3D keyword domain. Here's one I sold after a 2.5 month hold which I found on expired domains..

Cost Price: $8.98 at Namecheap
Sale Price: $6999
After Commission: $5699
Register date: 01 November 2021
Sell date: 14 Jan 2022
Venue: Afternic

Listed it on Afternic but had DAN lander with make offer only..

Previously had it listed for like $17,000 but made some adjustments to pricing on my portfolio and it sold after like 3 weeks of that. I think it could have sold at my original listing price in the long term but buyer probably fomoed in when they saw over 50% off..

Not sure who the actual buyer is as a few companies have variations of the name, but I have 2 potential suspects & I believe they both would have bought it at my original listing price even if I didn't discount the listing..

Show attachment 209723
Thats great, but what does 3dium means and what made you price it so high? (as it does not show many searches or other tlds registered)

•••
Thats great, but what does 3dium means and what made you price it so high? (as it does not show many searches or other tlds registered)
Pls delete the name from your comment as I don't want it to rank on serps which is why I posted a photo not text..

It's a brandable/play on words of 3d + medium. 3 also had relevance to web3 & both companies who are my target audience are within both the web3 & 3D space. I price all my names high unless I don't plan to renew it & it's like 1-2 months to expiry..

Number of tlds registered giving a domain more worth is a myth. That only matters if it is a dictionary word + many dictionary words about new tech don't have many TLD's registered..until they get mainstream adoption..

Many .coms selling for 4 figures published on namebio have only the .com as the single TLD registered..

•••
Pls delete the name from your comment as I don't want it to rank on serps which is why I posted a photo not text..

It's a brandable/play on words of 3d + medium. 3 also had relevance to web3 & both companies who are my target audience are within both the web3 & 3D space. I price all my names high unless I don't plan to renew it & it's like 1-2 months to expiry..

Number of tlds registered giving a domain more worth is a myth. That only matters if it is a dictionary word + many dictionary words about new tech don't have many TLD's registered..until they get mainstream adoption..

Many .coms selling for 4 figures published on namebio have only the .com as the single TLD registered..
Thanks for the insights! I tried to edit but can't see the edit or delete option for the comment

•••
VACADAO SALE.png

Purchase price: $7.99 (Dynadot hand reg).
Hold time: 1 month.
Venue: Afternic.
Type: Inbound buyer.
Meaning: "Vaca" means "cow" in Spanish. It could also be a shortened form of "vacation".
Commentary: The domain had a DAN lander with a $4,888 BIN or Make offer, but the buyer was probably browsing domains on Afternic, where there was a min offer of $1,000 and no BIN. They called Afternic to request a BIN, Afternic emailed me requesting a BIN and floor, I said $4,888 BIN and $2,500 floor, expected negotiations, but to my surprise, within 15 minutes, Afternic emailed me that the buyer accepted the BIN. 8 days since the sale confirmation, the money hit my bank account.

Last edited:
•••
Show attachment 210302
Purchase price: $7.99 (Dynadot hand reg).
Hold time: 1 month.
Venue: Afternic.
Type: Inbound buyer.
Meaning: "Vaca" means "cow" in Spanish. It could also be a shortened form of "vacation".
Commentary: The domain had a DAN lander with a $4,888 BIN or Make offer, but the buyer was probably browsing domains on Afternic, where there was a min offer of $1,000 and no BIN. They called Afternic to request a BIN, Afternic emailed me requesting a BIN and floor, I said $4,888 BIN and $2,500 floor, expected negotiations, but to my surprise, within 15 minutes, Afternic emailed me that the buyer accepted the BIN. 8 days since the sale confirmation, the money hit my bank account.
Great sale, congrats. I have JuegoDAO and JuegoMeta (Juego means game in spanish.)

•••
M/e/t/a-/d/a/t/a .co
Sales Price: $199
Sales Venue: Afternic
Hand Reg

Second meta hyphen .co sale in the last 30 days, I guess people are really reaching for names if they are trending. I mean Swetha's sale at $~50k for metadata .xyz was amazing, but a little surprised people paying and actually using (sold meta-world. co a few weeks ago and its already developed) hypen .co names. This is more bullish for hyphen .com market in my opinion, but nonetheless just proof that hand registering ~150 .co promos in trending terms (hyphen or not) can have one sell and pay for the lot for the rest of the year. These are just my opinions, DYOR & NFA.

No Further Details.

•••
u n g i v e n . c o m
$2749 Afternic BIN
inbound (not FT)
I acquired domain name just over year ago in NameLiquidate auction
Domain creation date 2016.
Renewed for several years (was registered to Jan 2025)
Sold about a week ago.
Dictionary word, but not reg in other TLDs or in OpenCorp listings.
I saw it perhaps as one-of-kind gift store (or gift exchange) - no idea plans of buyer.

Personal note: my biggest sale (yet :xf.grin:), and for first time I am not using proceeds to improve portfolio but taking out to replace my 11+ yr old computer and get a new ext HD and a few other things.

•••
ALL ⬇️ Afternic BIN
  • GDX (co) 2499
Can’t remember where I got this one, hold time 5 years. Had few offers in the same price range in previous years. Reduced price recently, renewed then sold in few days.

ALL ⬇️hand reg, hold time 3-5 months / Afternic BIN
  • SmartWearables (io) 599
  • NFT-creator (io) 399
  • CryptoSportsBet (net) 300
  • CryptoSportsBetting (net) 300
  • CapitalFi (co) 199
  • DefiDEX (info) 99
  • eCrypto-Assets (com) 99
Picked up at Sav auction⬇️

• CatCafe (co) 199/ Afternic BIN, Cost 14 / hold time 7 months
  • Kristoffer (co) 199/ Dan BIN, Cost 1.99/ hold time 7 months

Attachments

• CEAF2F7D-CDB0-4E6F-B5DD-003E67F3FA31.jpeg
    CEAF2F7D-CDB0-4E6F-B5DD-003E67F3FA31.jpeg
    406.9 KB · Views: 129
  • F235FA97-B05F-482A-8431-AC33594B4322.jpeg
    F235FA97-B05F-482A-8431-AC33594B4322.jpeg
    325.9 KB · Views: 124
  • 9B2B31D2-D771-4EFD-9612-9901427408BF.jpeg
    9B2B31D2-D771-4EFD-9612-9901427408BF.jpeg
    155.2 KB · Views: 124
  • 90EF8515-A879-41F7-9AD2-3C800DDB1269.jpeg
    90EF8515-A879-41F7-9AD2-3C800DDB1269.jpeg
    100.4 KB · Views: 130
Last edited:
•••
•••
s/e/l/l/m/y/w/h/i/p .com
Sales Price: $500
Sales Venue: Afternic Fast Transfer
Drop Reg, Hold Time ~7 months

Bought this early on in my domain journey. Whip is a slang for car, their are some sites that have whip in their name, so for a drop reg I took a shot on it. I actually received an offer for $300 on Dan a week after I had the name, but buyer never paid. I moved the price to $999 for six months or so and after evaluating my portfolio the last week or so, dropped it to $500 and it sold, nice cash flow and can use for other names.

No Further Details.

•••
f/o/t/o/c/a/s/a/()org

English translation = Photo Home

Sale price: $900 USD
Venue: Inbound via whois contact request
Transfer via Escrow
Hold time: 2 months

bought on Dynadot expired domain auction.

No further detail please.

Attachments

• 1645459941.png
    1645459941.png
    85.5 KB · Views: 84
•••
Back