IT.COM

various Report Completed Domain Name Sales Here

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

RJ

Domain BuyerTop Member
Impact
This thread is a central location to report domain name sales of any dollar amount.

As much information as you can include about the transaction is welcome, but at a bare minimum please include the domain name(s), the sale price, and whether you were the seller.

Good luck with your sales!

Please use the Like and Thank links on a post to indicate that you like it or are thankful for it being shared.

Do not post only, "great sale" or similar as this doesn't contribute to the thread. (Don't reply for the sole purpose of complimenting.)
  • Tip: Use the Like/Thanks feature instead.

Questions are allowed, but do not post commentary. If you want to discuss or comment on a sale in this thread, quote it and then post it in the following thread instead:

Suggested template (bold details are required):

Domain name:

Sale venue:​
Listing type:​
Listing upgrades:​
Seller:​
Asking price:​
Sale price:​
Purchase venue:​
Purchase price:​
Details:​

Suggested values / explanations:
  • Sale venue: Sold at NamePros, outbound direct, inbound direct, etc.
  • Listing type: Make Offer, Fixed price, Auction, Auction with Buy-It-Now, Reverse auction, etc.
  • Listing upgrades: Premium package, featured listing, etc.
  • Seller: me, a friend, a friend of a friend, a colleague, someone else, unknown, etc.
  • Purchase venue: Where (and the year) the seller purchased the domain name originally.
  • Details: Any additional details about the domain name like how you bought it, how long you had it before it sold, its age, etc.

Examples:

Domain name: ThisDomain.com​
Sale venue: NamePros (2016)​
Listing type: Make offer with Buy-It-Now​
Listing upgrades: Featured listing​
Seller: Me​
Asking price: $950​
Sale price: $830​
Purchase venue: NamePros (2015)​
Purchase price: $25​
Details: Acquired from a reseller. 5 years old domain. Had for 1 year before resold.​

Domain name: ThatDomain.com​
Sale venue: GoDaddy Auctions (2012)​
Listing type: 7-day Public Auction​
Listing upgrades: N/A​
Seller: Someone else​
Asking price: N/A​
Sale price: $60​
Purchase venue: Hand registration (2009)​
Purchase price: $8​
Details: I watched its auction. The auction description said it was hand-registered the same day it dropped (from expiration).​

Important:
  • If you don't want to provide any other information about the sale besides what you've posted, then include "no further details" or "NFD" in your post.

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Any idea WHY someone wanted this? I think this was an amazing sale but I wouldn't have considered registering that even with a .99 coupon. What am I missing? Again, nice sale for that extension.

That's the beauty of domaining. One end-user thought that the name is imp for his/her business and 1 seller thought the same that resulted in sale...

•••
Any idea WHY someone wanted this? I think this was an amazing sale but I wouldn't have considered registering that even with a .99 coupon. What am I missing? Again, nice sale for that extension.

Just do your research. By googling that name you'll find atleast one enduser sitting at M**//**E**//**T**//**A......d[o]t***i..//.n.//..c... Maybe it were them. Congrats @bbboy5. Beautiful sale.

Last edited:
•••
Domain name: S|e|n|s|y|x // (dot) // c|o|m
Sale venue: Afternic Fast Transfer DLS (Jul 13 2021)
Lander: DNS to Alter (USD 1,699 BIN)
Listing type: BIN on Afternic
Asking price: USD 5,499 BIN
Sale price: USD 5,499
Afternic Fees: 20%
Purchase venue: Godaddy (Oct 2014)
Purchase price: standard COM new reg. fee + renewals until Oct 2022
Details: hold time <7 years
Note: I never do any outbound

•••

I don't know why they bought for, but one thing is that it might be exact match for buyer and also it is short, very easy to pronounce and spell, and keyword META always gel with ( .net)

•••
Domain name: S|e|n|s|y|x // (dot) // c|o|m
Sale venue: Afternic Fast Transfer DLS (Jul 13 2021)
Afternic Fees: 20%
Purchase venue: Godaddy (Oct 2014)
Purchase price: standard COM new reg. fee + renewals until Oct 2022
Details: hold time <7 years
Note: I never do any outbound
Why alter and the wide price difference?

•••
Just do your research. By googling that name you'll find atleast one enduser sitting at M**//**E**//**T**//**A......d[o]t***i..//.n.//..c... Maybe it were them. Congrats @bbboy5. Beautiful sale.
Thank you.
Yes, May be they bought it.

•••
Why alter and the wide price difference?

February this year, I submitted this domain to Alter as part of a bulk upload. It was accepted as a 'Premium' domain, but Alter appraised it with a very low list price of $1,399, with the possibility for me to set this 20% higher at max, which I did at that time. The BIN price at Alter became $1,699 after rounding.

In the meantime, it was listed on other marketplaces (DAN/Sedo/Afternic/Efty), and the domain sold today through Afternic Fast Transfer DLS for $5,499, even while the lander was pointing to Alter.

•••

LOL. I guess they never saw the lander.

•••
LOL. I guess they never saw the lander.

Yes, very likely. Another possibility is that the buyer may have chosen the security or convenience that Fast Transfer offers. Direct transfer of the domain. I don't know, but I am satisfied with this amount for this domain. While the spelling with 'y' makes it unique, it can also be confusing compared to the same domain spelled with an 'i' (which is a developed site). Glad to see that this brandable has a new owner, I wish them every success -- on to the next one.

If this happens a few more times, I will definitely reconsider my landers for brandables.

Last edited:
•••
Its quite impressive how Afternic fast transfer and buy it now lander can just surprise you with money in the bank straight up.
Sales price $1000
Net $800
Hold time : sold in less than 14 days but had to wait for 60day lock to transfer out.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210713-133547.jpg
    Screenshot_20210713-133547.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 474
•••

Because the Metaverse is coming :)

Just like all the crazy nft sales

•••

yea but u dont get really nft sales in .net for 8k...on some avg 2 keyword mix..

•••
Its quite impressive how Afternic fast transfer and buy it now lander can just surprise you with money in the bank straight up.
Sales price $1000
Net $800
Hold time : sold in less than 14 days but had to wait for 60day lock to transfer out.
Nice name. Why sold for too less ?

•••

I agree, because recently saw some good traffic started on some of my Meta & Metaverse, besides the METAinc (dot) net sale.

•••
Let's be logical here. Good domain. Great sale. And even a broken clock is right twice a day.

They obviously didn't see lander. Or had deeper than normal pockets vrs other buyers and chose known named registrar.

So silly to think otherwise.

•••
Nice name. Why sold for too less ?
I can't disagree with you, however I often price most of my handregs for a flat rate of 1000 bucks within the 60 day lock period and then all after I can update the price.
Just to test their relevance though

•••
I think the Meta/xxx/.net buyer is the .com owner. Hard to believe that both .com and .net are now at 1api.net (Hexonet). Also, both names does not resolve.

.io and .xyz - both registered on 10/7/2021, both at Dynadot. Also, .co and .us registered this year, at Godaddy.

The owner of .us might be the hint :)

•••
Untitled.png

Afternic BIN, hold time 9 months. Hand reg.

•••
GameRoutes

Sold: 2390 USD
hold time: 11 Months
Purchase Price: $15
Venue: Brandnic

•••
mrlawyers.com , $1000, DAN.
starstherapy.com, $3888, Afternic.

•••
Just in...
I've sold CryptoDeals.co.uk for $50 through RapidFireDomaining.com's Clubhouse Auction.

Last edited:
•••
Just in...
I've sold CryptoDeals.co.uk for $50 through RapidFireDomaining.com's Clubhouse Auction.

Lost faith? Many would say this was worth much more.

•••
Lost faith? Many would say this was worth much more.
Since I've graduated and I need to pursue further studies, I'm in a hurry to sell the domains that I currently own.

Sad that I won't be a part of this beautiful family for some time.

Last edited:
•••
Untitled.png

Dan BIN, hold time 9 months. Drop reg.

Notes: .NETs have been the worst performing major TLD for me in 2020-2021, no matter what the price. So much so, that I'm clearing everything .NET I have. This is part of that clearance and I'm happy to at least see something being sold.

Last edited:
•••
Accost dawt com - $6316. Reporting for a reason.

This was acquired about $500 2-3 years back and put up on BIN by me for about $12k-$15k since then.

Back in dec, I got a $5k offer from one random gmail Christie Love. Countered $12k, didn't hear back until a week back. Since it's a negative keyword verb, with almost no similarly named existing business and with no other sales last two months, I had lowered my expectations on it to about $7500. When we settled on the price and I asked for a real name and phone number to setup the escrow, I was provided the name of Conan Pravasi who looks to be an Indian American as per his linkedin bio. But today, when I checked the name, it's showing up in the portfolio of Brent Oxley.

So, appears that this Conan guy was running a domain acquisition front for Brent, something similar to what BadyBadrinath/Puneet was doing for him. If I would have known I was selling to a big fish like Brent, I would have insisted on the original BIN. By their strategy, Brent and the middleman Conan saved about 2-3 grand each, to my loss. The point of learning being that you should stick to your original prices even if you are going through a low turnover phase because you tend to leave money on the table. Don't worry about the domain much, it will anyway sell if it has to.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back