Dynadot

various Report Completed Domain Name Sales Here

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

RJ

Domain BuyerTop Member
Impact
This thread is a central location to report domain name sales of any dollar amount.

As much information as you can include about the transaction is welcome, but at a bare minimum please include the domain name(s), the sale price, and whether you were the seller.

Good luck with your sales!

Please use the Like and Thank links on a post to indicate that you like it or are thankful for it being shared.

Do not post only, "great sale" or similar as this doesn't contribute to the thread. (Don't reply for the sole purpose of complimenting.)
  • Tip: Use the Like/Thanks feature instead.

Questions are allowed, but do not post commentary. If you want to discuss or comment on a sale in this thread, quote it and then post it in the following thread instead:

Suggested template (bold details are required):

Domain name:

Sale venue:​
Listing type:​
Listing upgrades:​
Seller:​
Asking price:​
Sale price:​
Purchase venue:​
Purchase price:​
Details:​

Suggested values / explanations:
  • Sale venue: Sold at NamePros, outbound direct, inbound direct, etc.
  • Listing type: Make Offer, Fixed price, Auction, Auction with Buy-It-Now, Reverse auction, etc.
  • Listing upgrades: Premium package, featured listing, etc.
  • Seller: me, a friend, a friend of a friend, a colleague, someone else, unknown, etc.
  • Purchase venue: Where (and the year) the seller purchased the domain name originally.
  • Details: Any additional details about the domain name like how you bought it, how long you had it before it sold, its age, etc.

Examples:

Domain name: ThisDomain.com​
Sale venue: NamePros (2016)​
Listing type: Make offer with Buy-It-Now​
Listing upgrades: Featured listing​
Seller: Me​
Asking price: $950​
Sale price: $830​
Purchase venue: NamePros (2015)​
Purchase price: $25​
Details: Acquired from a reseller. 5 years old domain. Had for 1 year before resold.​

Domain name: ThatDomain.com​
Sale venue: GoDaddy Auctions (2012)​
Listing type: 7-day Public Auction​
Listing upgrades: N/A​
Seller: Someone else​
Asking price: N/A​
Sale price: $60​
Purchase venue: Hand registration (2009)​
Purchase price: $8​
Details: I watched its auction. The auction description said it was hand-registered the same day it dropped (from expiration).​

Important:
  • If you don't want to provide any other information about the sale besides what you've posted, then include "no further details" or "NFD" in your post.

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Untitled.png

Afternic BIN, hold time 6 months. Hand reg.

Got a few offers for $200, rejected.

Last time I countered with $450 which was the minimum I would accept for this good domain (already priced very reasonably at $499). No answer, however few days later they hit the BIN button.

•••
KlwWRMz.jpg

Sold for $2600 on GoDaddy because it had a nice backlink profile. I bought it 4 months back to develop but lost interest. I don't make any profit or loss on this sale after deducting the GD commission.

•••
Untitled.png

This was an unusual sale,

Received an offer for 1k from someone based in Asia. Accepted right away - which I don't normally do, but had a feeling here. Couple minutes later it was paid. That was fast. Side note the words are even reversed, so I'm definitely okay with this price.

Drop reg, hold time 1.5 months.

•••
Sold feistandfeist.com for $500.
Picked from expired domains in September last year for a reg fee. Got $110 offer yesterday, countered $500 and it sold.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-07-05-15-30-48-311_com.google.android.gm.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-07-05-15-30-48-311_com.google.android.gm.jpg
    321.5 KB · Views: 115
•••

S i m p l e - S t u f f . c o m

- sold today for $1,500 @Epik.com lander / Offer
- registered for $8.49 with Epik
- hold time 4 months

{Listing price was somewhat higher:whistle:}

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20210706-115223_PowerPoint.jpg
    SmartSelect_20210706-115223_PowerPoint.jpg
    257.5 KB · Views: 169
Last edited:
•••

- hold time 4 months

Saw it at drop and was tempted to take it, congrats for the sale! :xf.smile:

•••
Tasseling /// com
$400 Afternic BIN
Hand reg on drop held 3 years

MOST AMAZING THING is that Afternic paid within 8 hours of me sending the transfer authorization code! ANd this was a manual transaction.
Search.cc sold for $8,000. I have to check but I believe to have bought this one on Namepros for under $100

- hold time 4 months

Congrats! Next sale will be me.

•••
script/format/.com Sold $1,500 USD
Venue : sedo.com
Purchase price : $12
Hold time : 4 months

•••
Sold feistandfeist.com for $500.
Picked from expired domains in September last year for a reg fee. Got $110 offer yesterday, countered $500 and it sold
Was it an outbound sale?

•••
•••
•••
Luckywink.com

Venu Brandbucket
Sale price 3670 USD
less bb fees 2570
hold time 22 months
hand reg plus one renewal.

Last edited:
•••
G/a/l/a/c/t/i/v (com) for $1295
Afternic Bin (Lander at Dan)
Handreg 2019

upload_2021-7-7_1-29-34.png

•••

W u b s i . c o m

- sold for $194 via GoDaddy auction
- registered for $8.47 with GoDaddy
- hold time 14 months

{Just for information:
I sent this expiring domain to GD auction as 5L.com pronounceable name to see if it picks up, setting initial price at a level ($189) where if it has sold, I would have made some profit even after paying renewal fee. In this case it happened that I had to pay recover fee also as expiration actually almost got to deletion point unfortunately.
So my net profit was only around $58 >>>>$194 sale price minus 20%commission fee minus recover fee and minus two reg normal fees}

Attachments

• Wubsi .com_sale.png
    Wubsi .com_sale.png
    155.2 KB · Views: 144
•••
W u b s i . c o m

- sold for $194 via GoDaddy auction
- registered for $8.47 with GoDaddy
- hold time 14 months

{Just for information:
I sent this expiring domain to GD auction as 5L.com pronounceable name to see if it picks up, setting initial price at a level ($189) where if it has sold, I would have made some profit even after paying renewal fee. In this case it happened that I had to pay recover fee also as expiration actually almost got to deletion point unfortunately.
So my net profit was only around $58 >>>>$194 sale price minus 20%commission fee minus recover fee and minus two reg normal fees}
Congratulations but then you could have spend that recover and renewal fee on 5-7 good drop reg domains and still have 365 days to sell for $xxxx IMO

•••
Congratulations but then you could have spend that recover and renewal fee on 5-7 good drop reg domains and still have 365 days to sell for $xxxx IMO
You are right. Chances to get more profit within a year on those 7 new domains you mentioned are better than getting $58 of profit now, so I might have needed to let it expire then.
My anticipation though was that this domain would go at higher price frankly. The fact is I listed total of 30 different types of domains this time (7-day GD auction), and only this one sold...

•••
Luckywink.com

Venu Brandbucket
Sale price 3670 USD
less bb fees 2570
hold time 22 months
hand reg plus one renewal.

Thanks you all,makes up for all the shitty regs.
Just goes to show have faith in your own judgement. Cheers.

•••
Untitled.png

Purchase price: $13
Hold time: 7 months

•••

M i t s u b i s h i L a n c e r . c o m

- sold for $80 via Epik NameLiquidate
- hold time 12 months

{I thought I could get in trouble with TM, so did not renew and let it go/liquidated}

Attachments

• MitsubishiLancer .com_sale.png
    MitsubishiLancer .com_sale.png
    89.1 KB · Views: 181
•••
M i t s u b i s h i L a n c e r . c o m

- sold for $80 via Epik NameLiquidate
- hold time 12 months

{I thought I could get in trouble with TM, so did not renew and let it go/liquidated}

and you let the others in trouble :xf.grin:

•••
and you let the others in trouble :xf.grin:
Never intended. Hopefully the buyer is authorized rep. That was my original thought some dealership would be interested...I hope I've grown up by now. :unsure: But what a domain!..

Last edited:
•••
it's with ddeep sadness I inform that the past 3 months or so have been basically dead for me. few offers yes..pending gd 20k sale yes..but it's been 2 weeks so I'm not sure if it will go thru...... but all in all no sales..it is true I try to shrink folio.. but dont we all optimize things.. still I'm with 1000 solid names..that were fetching me at least couple sales now and then..I say this cause maybe others experience such dry times too..it could be...all in all not counting when I started domains in 2015 and had no clue or sales then..this is the worst time for me..

but..worry not..I do not post this offtopic trash with my story just for it's own sake.. few days ago some luck fell on me so I'm also plz to report this much much needed sale.

quan.,.tum.,,worl.d..,.,..co
3450$..1yr reg.. no outbound..
bodis then dan add lead

was expiring..doubt I would renew.. it's very average...buyer started at 2k..me 5k..he asked to split

given my awful sales lately..greed was last on my mind..tho I'd probably get bit more given his start offr.

hope yer sales gods are treating u nicer than me

Last edited:
•••
BIN: $95
Handreg
Hold time: 6 months
download.jpg

•••
it's with ddeep sadness I inform that the past 3 months or so have been basically dead for me. few offers yes..pending gd 20k sale yes..but it's been 2 weeks so I'm not sure if it will go thru...... but all in all no sales..it is true I try to shrink folio.. but dont we all optimize things.. still I'm with 1000 solid names..that were fetching me at least couple sales now and then..I say this cause maybe others experience such dry times too..it could be...all in all not counting when I started domains in 2015 and had no clue or sales then..this is the worst time for me..

but..worry not..I do not post this offtopic trash with my story just for it's own sake.. few days ago some luck fell on me so I'm also plz to report this much much needed sale.

quan.,.tum.,,worl.d..,.,..co
3450$..1yr reg.. no outbound..
bodis then dan add lead

was expiring..doubt I would renew.. it's very average...buyer started at 2k..me 5k..he asked to split

given my awful sales lately..greed was last on my mind..tho I'd probably get bit more given his start offr.

hope yer sales gods are treating u nicer than me
Love that name. I own a few of Quan names
Qua....+ Leap, Vision etc :)

I had a surprisingly good June.. But July is quite so far. Maybe the calm before the storm lol

•••
Love that name. I own a few of Quan names
Qua....+ Leap, Vision etc :)

I had a surprisingly good June.. But July is quite so far. Maybe the calm before the storm lol

well its not bad name for quantum keyword etc..but it's only taken in 13 or so extensions...and this can often be used to determine quality..potential.. etc..tho by no means golden standard..

for the big 20$ co renew fee
..I'm sure it's a name most would not just put on their top priority renew list...great for little 2$ co promo reg tho

I also own a few like quantumcomputer..bit...technology... etc.. and qtm..,.co for which for future my Hopes are mega high. ;)

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back