IT.COM

various Report Completed Domain Name Sales Here

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

RJ

Domain BuyerTop Member
Impact
This thread is a central location to report domain name sales of any dollar amount.

As much information as you can include about the transaction is welcome, but at a bare minimum please include the domain name(s), the sale price, and whether you were the seller.

Good luck with your sales!

Please use the Like and Thank links on a post to indicate that you like it or are thankful for it being shared.

Do not post only, "great sale" or similar as this doesn't contribute to the thread. (Don't reply for the sole purpose of complimenting.)
  • Tip: Use the Like/Thanks feature instead.

Questions are allowed, but do not post commentary. If you want to discuss or comment on a sale in this thread, quote it and then post it in the following thread instead:

Suggested template (bold details are required):

Domain name:

Sale venue:​
Listing type:​
Listing upgrades:​
Seller:​
Asking price:​
Sale price:​
Purchase venue:​
Purchase price:​
Details:​

Suggested values / explanations:
  • Sale venue: Sold at NamePros, outbound direct, inbound direct, etc.
  • Listing type: Make Offer, Fixed price, Auction, Auction with Buy-It-Now, Reverse auction, etc.
  • Listing upgrades: Premium package, featured listing, etc.
  • Seller: me, a friend, a friend of a friend, a colleague, someone else, unknown, etc.
  • Purchase venue: Where (and the year) the seller purchased the domain name originally.
  • Details: Any additional details about the domain name like how you bought it, how long you had it before it sold, its age, etc.

Examples:

Domain name: ThisDomain.com​
Sale venue: NamePros (2016)​
Listing type: Make offer with Buy-It-Now​
Listing upgrades: Featured listing​
Seller: Me​
Asking price: $950​
Sale price: $830​
Purchase venue: NamePros (2015)​
Purchase price: $25​
Details: Acquired from a reseller. 5 years old domain. Had for 1 year before resold.​

Domain name: ThatDomain.com​
Sale venue: GoDaddy Auctions (2012)​
Listing type: 7-day Public Auction​
Listing upgrades: N/A​
Seller: Someone else​
Asking price: N/A​
Sale price: $60​
Purchase venue: Hand registration (2009)​
Purchase price: $8​
Details: I watched its auction. The auction description said it was hand-registered the same day it dropped (from expiration).​

Important:
  • If you don't want to provide any other information about the sale besides what you've posted, then include "no further details" or "NFD" in your post.

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
EqkZsSkQ_uurYvVKbTXE_bEM-x4s8PlrQ_6t7rGJrUwRGEiXwM5RY92oDCaqnYbZB-ERg5VG2xG-nd6HkIPLJ2EU6P4EzYfeBzxaB3FmmhDvsen1yFE6berTj06ngaxCzahvThRyX5q0W0MVEfRTsuxI8Da_xoM=s0-d-e1-ft

Rene,

Great news, we have successfully verified the payment of $100.00 for g/a/p/e/.us.

Please follow these instructions to proceed with the domain ownership transfer as soon as possible:

Small sale nothing to sneeze at, but it was one month expired and it got bought this morning, so I recovered for $17 + renewal for a year.

g/a/p/e .us $100
Afternic
Cost:$2.50 reg fee
Hold time 1 year 1 month

•••
Untitled.png

Afternic BIN, hold time 3 months. Drop reg.

I know it's a bit undersold (1k+ value) but pays for others and overall not a bad sale.

It was not on my renewal list so I've priced it to go for sure until renewal. If it was "boxes" then it would have been a different price ... and renewals as needed.

•••
B/R/E/N/L/U/X .com

Sale price: $1915
Venue: BrandBucket
Purchase price: $25
Hold time: 2 years

•••
Untitled.png

Afternic BIN, hold time 1.5 years. Drop reg.

•••

P a s a l . o r g

- sold today for $1,599 @Epik.com marketplace /BIN
- registered for $10.60 with Epik
- hold time 6 months

Attachments

• Pasal .org _sale.png
    Pasal .org _sale.png
    76.1 KB · Views: 174
•••
•••
Asymmetric.xyz sold for 3495 usd @DAN.COM

No further details please. Thanks

upload_2021-7-9_19-54-47.png

•••
•••
Untitled.png

Afternic BIN, hold time 5 months, drop reg.

•••
M i t s u b i s h i L a n c e r . c o m

- sold for $80 via Epik NameLiquidate
- registered for $8.49 with Epik
- hold time 12 months

{I thought I could get in trouble with TM, so did not renew and let it go/liquidated}
it also means "each of them" last time i checked apple is a generic term that can be used also. why would the rule be different in japanese?

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
Twikipaedia....A book or guide which is used to sell an incredible amount of domain names.

:xf.grin: very funny! But there are others who probably sell more and don't report. Or lower numbers but way more $... high pricing. I'm not really that successful... yet. Hopefully so, in the future.

•••
A sample from the last few months...

ChiselFit(y)com
Sold $1850 via Afternic
GD closeout

LeadersAlliance:xf.smile:org
Sold $1295 via Afternic
GD closeout

ButlerTransportation:xf.wink:com
Sold $1650 via Afternic
GD closeout

•••
•••
Name: Privacy//Job//dot//com
Sale Price: $250
Sale Venue: DAN Make Offer
Cost Price: Reg
Hold Time: 200 days
Note: Redirects to the plural now

•••
A sample from the last few months...

ChiselFit(y)com
Sold $1850 via Afternic
GD closeout

LeadersAlliance:xf.smile:org
Sold $1295 via Afternic
GD closeout

ButlerTransportation:xf.wink:com
Sold $1650 via Afternic
GD closeout
Hold time?

•••
•••
Status (dot) cc

500 bucks through AN BIN

GD closeout about 4 years ago

•••
M i t s u b i s h i L a n c e r . c o m

- sold for $80 via Epik NameLiquidate
- registered for $8.49 with Epik
- hold time 12 months

{I thought I could get in trouble with TM, so did not renew and let it go/liquidated}

I think Mitsubishi would still need to prove malicious use by you or the new owner. Paypalsucks.com won their battle against Paypal ages back. It just comes down to how you use the trademark. Of course I'm not a lawyer so please don't consider this legal advice. I've been a member of various car company forums for 20 years and they were still around.

I do know Range Rover wasn't happy some years back with an Australian company but I think that company won their UDRP case too with a small compromise (a disclaimer and linking to Ranger Rover's website).

•••
Untitled.png

Clearing some .contact names, accepted $100 on this one. Hold time 6 months.

Note, .contact names did not perform well.

Edit: It's a new tld so first year is going to be bad anyway i guess and perhaps even a few more. Time will tell whether it will get better or not.

Last edited:
•••
upload_2021-7-12_12-41-34.png

Happy to finally close this one off & can't commend the DAN sales team enough. It's shown me the power of constantly following up via email & phone.

Name: apartheid:xf.wink:co
Cost Price: $0.99 Epik Promo
Sale Price: $1388 or £1000
Sale Venue: DAN Make Offer
Hold Time: 365 Days

I received a £1000 offer on 29th May. Accepted after a few hours without negotiation as it was expiring soon. The buyer said, he'll pay on 15th June.

The day came & no payment received. DAN followed up multiple times & he said he'll gather funds, then pay on 7th July.

The domain was going to expire on 7th July, so was hoping he won't bluff a second time because I wasn't going to pay $70 Epik renewal fees for some hopium sale.

Thankfully he paid on 7th & I got the payment via BTC 5 days later.

•••
Thanks to TA team and Nick Petkov (Domain Expert) @Afternic for their help, to complete the transaction smoothly.

Name: METAinc*net
Handreg - Hold Time: three and a half month approximately
Sold for $ 7889
Venue: @Afternic
Sold.jpg

•••
Thanks to TA team and Nick Petkov (Domain Expert) @Afternic for their help, to complete the transaction smoothly.

Name: METAinc*net
Handreg - Hold Time: three and a half month approximately
Sold for $ 7889
Venue: @Afternic
Show attachment 195348

Any idea WHY someone wanted this? I think this was an amazing sale but I wouldn't have considered registering that even with a .99 coupon. What am I missing? Again, nice sale for that extension.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back