IT.COM

various Report Completed Domain Name Sales Here

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

RJ

Domain BuyerTop Member
Impact
This thread is a central location to report domain name sales of any dollar amount.

As much information as you can include about the transaction is welcome, but at a bare minimum please include the domain name(s), the sale price, and whether you were the seller.

Good luck with your sales!

Please use the Like and Thank links on a post to indicate that you like it or are thankful for it being shared.

Do not post only, "great sale" or similar as this doesn't contribute to the thread. (Don't reply for the sole purpose of complimenting.)
  • Tip: Use the Like/Thanks feature instead.

Questions are allowed, but do not post commentary. If you want to discuss or comment on a sale in this thread, quote it and then post it in the following thread instead:

Suggested template (bold details are required):

Domain name:

Sale venue:​
Listing type:​
Listing upgrades:​
Seller:​
Asking price:​
Sale price:​
Purchase venue:​
Purchase price:​
Details:​

Suggested values / explanations:
  • Sale venue: Sold at NamePros, outbound direct, inbound direct, etc.
  • Listing type: Make Offer, Fixed price, Auction, Auction with Buy-It-Now, Reverse auction, etc.
  • Listing upgrades: Premium package, featured listing, etc.
  • Seller: me, a friend, a friend of a friend, a colleague, someone else, unknown, etc.
  • Purchase venue: Where (and the year) the seller purchased the domain name originally.
  • Details: Any additional details about the domain name like how you bought it, how long you had it before it sold, its age, etc.

Examples:

Domain name: ThisDomain.com​
Sale venue: NamePros (2016)​
Listing type: Make offer with Buy-It-Now​
Listing upgrades: Featured listing​
Seller: Me​
Asking price: $950​
Sale price: $830​
Purchase venue: NamePros (2015)​
Purchase price: $25​
Details: Acquired from a reseller. 5 years old domain. Had for 1 year before resold.​

Domain name: ThatDomain.com​
Sale venue: GoDaddy Auctions (2012)​
Listing type: 7-day Public Auction​
Listing upgrades: N/A​
Seller: Someone else​
Asking price: N/A​
Sale price: $60​
Purchase venue: Hand registration (2009)​
Purchase price: $8​
Details: I watched its auction. The auction description said it was hand-registered the same day it dropped (from expiration).​

Important:
  • If you don't want to provide any other information about the sale besides what you've posted, then include "no further details" or "NFD" in your post.

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
SOLD
Domain:
c\o\i\n\f\l\y(.)com
Sale Venue: Godaddy
Sale Price: $422
Purchase Price:
$15
Purchase Date: March/2017
Listing Type: Auction
Did you use any Godaddy auction upgrades to get that sale?

•••
@pokainc You have been killing it with the Afternic BIN lately. Congratulations! Hope you get many more.

Nice negotiated sale also.
I have moved all my domains to Afternic.

•••
VapingHealth.com
bought reg fee
Sold $99
venue: Afternic

ReviewsZone.com
regfee
sold for $99

•••
VapingHealth.com
bought reg fee
Sold $99

ReviewsZone.com
regfee
sold for $99
Congrats but sold very cheap

•••
Congrats but sold very cheap

Yeah they were pretty cheap, nobody ever seemed interested in buying my domains so i listed them for $99. I got loads in my afternic account for $99. lol. Id love to have a $1k+ sale one day

ReviewsZone i have had for years

•••
Yeah they were pretty cheap, nobody ever seemed interested in buying my domains so i listed them for $99. I got loads in my afternic account for $99. lol. Id love to have a $1k+ sale one day

ReviewsZone i have had for years
Try flippa.. buy upgrades

•••
Try flippa.. buy upgrades

The upgrades are expensive, but i have tried regular flippa auctions before and they never had any bids

•••
The upgrades are expensive, but i have tried regular flippa auctions before and they never had any bids
Because you need to buy upgrades so bidders can see your listing. I spend between $120-$500 in upgrades but get good sales frequently

Launch an auction and buy $49 upgrade. If you get bids then buy it again the next week and again the week after. Don't try to sell hand ref domains this way though

Last edited:
•••
•••
Because you need to buy upgrades so bidders can see your listing. I spend between $120-$500 in upgrades but get good sales frequently

Launch an auction and buy $49 upgrade. If you get bids then buy it again the next week and again the week after. Don't try to sell hand ref domains this way though

I dont have the money to keep buying $49 upgrades, but how long would you list a domain for sale for in an auction?? I set mine to 7 days usually

•••
I dont have the money to keep buying $49 upgrades, but how long would you list a domain for sale for in an auction?? I set mine to 7 days usually
Always 30 days

•••
Nice sale. How did you appraise the name at $898?
BINs under $1k can be impulse purchases with a credit card. Also $898 has a non-random appearance and tends to give the impression that its an exact valuation and not a made-up price.

•••
Gain Your Edge|com|$400
True Chia|com|$500

Outbound

Last edited:
•••
Gain Your Edge|com|$400
True Chia|com|$500

Outbound

Hi there,

How do you usually write your outbound email? Do you tell them why they might find use for the domain or is it straight to the point, like if you want it, let me know. ?

•••
•••
congrats. I remember I had a consistent streak with 9 and 99 ending my price lol.

I am a retailer by day, so dropping down to the 9 in order to look cheaper is second nature to me.

•••
Hi there,

How do you usually write your outbound email? Do you tell them why they might find use for the domain or is it straight to the point, like if you want it, let me know. ?
Personally I've always gotten more response by being blunt:

Would you be interested in buying ----.com?

That's all I write

•••
beauty/bar/salon.com
bought it for $20 last August
sold:$299
venue: Godaddy

•••
Ravan.com - $7,500
JonathanLee.com - $4,500

Both acquired in 3 figures altogether.

•••
•••
•••
Some recent sales:
El/Paso/Podiatrist.com outbound $200
Smart/Parking/Solutions.com afternic makeoffer $200
Used/Cars/Lafayette.com afternic bin $899
Web/Design/Chesapeake.com outbound $200
Tucson/Heating/And/Air.com outbound $300

All hand reg.

•••
Some recent sales:

All hand reg.

Nice work. For your outbound sales, did you quote those prices in the initial email?

•••
•••
Some recent sales:

All hand reg.
Hi, how many end-users do you usually contact per domain name?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back