IT.COM

various Report Completed Domain Name Sales Here

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

RJ

Domain BuyerTop Member
Impact
This thread is a central location to report domain name sales of any dollar amount.

As much information as you can include about the transaction is welcome, but at a bare minimum please include the domain name(s), the sale price, and whether you were the seller.

Good luck with your sales!

Please use the Like and Thank links on a post to indicate that you like it or are thankful for it being shared.

Do not post only, "great sale" or similar as this doesn't contribute to the thread. (Don't reply for the sole purpose of complimenting.)
  • Tip: Use the Like/Thanks feature instead.

Questions are allowed, but do not post commentary. If you want to discuss or comment on a sale in this thread, quote it and then post it in the following thread instead:

Suggested template (bold details are required):

Domain name:

Sale venue:​
Listing type:​
Listing upgrades:​
Seller:​
Asking price:​
Sale price:​
Purchase venue:​
Purchase price:​
Details:​

Suggested values / explanations:
  • Sale venue: Sold at NamePros, outbound direct, inbound direct, etc.
  • Listing type: Make Offer, Fixed price, Auction, Auction with Buy-It-Now, Reverse auction, etc.
  • Listing upgrades: Premium package, featured listing, etc.
  • Seller: me, a friend, a friend of a friend, a colleague, someone else, unknown, etc.
  • Purchase venue: Where (and the year) the seller purchased the domain name originally.
  • Details: Any additional details about the domain name like how you bought it, how long you had it before it sold, its age, etc.

Examples:

Domain name: ThisDomain.com​
Sale venue: NamePros (2016)​
Listing type: Make offer with Buy-It-Now​
Listing upgrades: Featured listing​
Seller: Me​
Asking price: $950​
Sale price: $830​
Purchase venue: NamePros (2015)​
Purchase price: $25​
Details: Acquired from a reseller. 5 years old domain. Had for 1 year before resold.​

Domain name: ThatDomain.com​
Sale venue: GoDaddy Auctions (2012)​
Listing type: 7-day Public Auction​
Listing upgrades: N/A​
Seller: Someone else​
Asking price: N/A​
Sale price: $60​
Purchase venue: Hand registration (2009)​
Purchase price: $8​
Details: I watched its auction. The auction description said it was hand-registered the same day it dropped (from expiration).​

Important:
  • If you don't want to provide any other information about the sale besides what you've posted, then include "no further details" or "NFD" in your post.

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
a-c-t-i-v-a-t-e dotUS $500
No dashes, of course
Inbound.

•••
couple early into VR sales.. godaddy makeoffer+inbound(.ch)....handregs 2015/16

the VR fashion.........com...............$850
VR maintenance.......com.............$150
V i r t u a l T e .ch........................$300

•••
•••
•••
/S/i/m/u/l/a/t/i/o/n/E/n/g/i/n/e/./c/o/m/
$ 9 Reg Fee + $ 81 Redemption Fee
Inbound
Sold for $260

•••
/S/i/m/u/l/a/t/i/o/n/E/n/g/i/n/e/./c/o/m/
$ 9 Reg Fee + $ 81 Redemption Fee
Inbound
Sold for $260
wow, congrats on your name.

a domain name I want has passed the closeout stage at Godaddy as I forgot to purchase it. Is it possible to still retrieve it or I should wait for it to enter pending delete stage?

•••
wow, congrats on your name.

a domain name I want has passed the closeout stage at Godaddy as I forgot to purchase it. Is it possible to still retrieve it or I should wait for it to enter pending delete stage?
No idea. I called Godaddy customer care and they added the domain to my cart while it was in redemption period.

I suggest you to call them and they will tell you how to acquire the domain.

•••
Bought HLYS.net for $30 and sold it for $100 within a few months .

•••
Bought HLYS.net for $30 and sold it for $100 within a few months
Found out from namebio, that it sold on Flippa.
Would you please share some details. It may help some of us.

1. Was it an auction or a BIN ?
2. Did you purchase any upgrades ?
3. How long was it listed there before it sold ?
4. Where did you buy it ?

Last edited:
•••
FlyPage dot com - $2490 (inbound lead, BIN purchase)
ClickTrip dot co.uk - $800 (inbound lead)
FitnessDenver dot com - $275 (outbound mktg)
VideoPlatform dot net - $300 (outbound mktg)
CommercialShadeStructures dot com - $300 (outbound mktg)
AffordableSEOServices dot net - $300 (outbound mktg)

90% reg fee.

•••
FlyPage dot com - $2490 (inbound lead, BIN purchase)
ClickTrip dot co.uk - $800 (inbound lead)
FitnessDenver dot com - $275 (outbound mktg)
VideoPlatform dot net - $300 (outbound mktg)
CommercialShadeStructures dot com - $300 (outbound mktg)
AffordableSEOServices dot net - $300 (outbound mktg)

90% reg fee.

Very impressive stuff again Luc. ClickTrip.co.uk especially is a very good sale. Well done!

•••
Furm (c.o.m)

Quick flip

Bought $900 (Apr 7,2017)
Sold $3200

Flippa auction

Last edited:
•••
Furm (c.o.m)

Quick flip

Bought $900 (Apr 7,2017)
Sold $3200

Flippa auction

out of sheer curiosity.. can you say if you bought any upgrades on this or just reglar 9$ auction?

•••
out of sheer curiosity.. can you say if you bought any upgrades on this or just reglar 9$ auction?
I purchased domain page and homepage upgrades. I spent a total of $200 on upgrades

•••
@JudgeMind Congrats on a great flip.
My guess is it was a 30 day auction, as with your other sales.
Got two questions though.

1. Did you keep a reserve or was a no-reserve auction ?
2. If so, what was the reserve ?
3. How long did it take before sold ?

Last edited:
•••
It also had Editor's choice.

•••
k a z a r . c z

Sedo buy now 2,699 EUR

Free reg. 0,22 EUR december 2016 (e u r o p e r e g i s t r y .c o m )

•••
k a z a r . c z

Sedo buy now 2,699 EUR

Free reg. 0,22 EUR december 2016 (e u r o p e r e g i s t r y .c o m )

kazar meaning?

•••
•••
You kept the domain for 11 years?

•••
You kept the domain for 11 years?

That's the beauty of 99.9% of my sales being $8 expired pickups or $8 handregs since 2003. You can be 10 years into a domain and still only have $80 into it. Easier to say no or be patient on offers when your initial cost was only $8. This 11 year old one was slightly over $2300 in profit and few weeks ago had another 11 year old domain at like $560 profit so basically $180 investment into $2860 profit. Couple months ago turned down a 13k confirmed offer on an 11 year old hand registered one as well. :ROFL: Inquiries/Sales definitely up on my end from last year so I've actually bought at least 30-40 replacement expired .coms at $8 in the last 2 months. Very rare I sell in the first year usually in year 2-3 as I'm a passive maximum ROI end user only seller but if I see the value in a domain I'll renew 10+ years as it's the same as buying a domain from someone else for $80 I just get em for $8 and hold till I like the offer. Will they all sell=No But starting from $8 don't need many to sell a year to be profitable. Best hand reg to date $8 into $7500 in year #2 of registration. Confident I'll beat that someday as the recent 13k offer was on a hand reg and it's a keyword brandable which are hot now so offers every month on that one.

Last edited:
•••
Some here found it awkward, some others interesting. I found it creative. DownLeft.com sold for $300 via GD.

Last edited:
•••
So far in May:

A G I L E D com $3K Afternic DLS Fast Transfer. Actually, I wanted to sell it for more; but I haven't logged in to Afternic for a long time and didn't increase the price. Buyer was lucky. Not bad considering that it was rejected by both BrandRoot and BrandBucket (two times or three in BB I think).

G I V M I com at BR for $1.8K. Again I think that was cheap.

•••
Mar-Go dot com - $3490
Jung-Group
dot com - $3490

Both BIN purchases/sales confirmed at Sedo over past few days.

•••
Mar-Go dot com - $3490
Jung-Group
dot com - $3490

Both BIN purchases/sales confirmed at Sedo over past few days.

great sales !! (y)

when did you buy these ? are these multi year holdings ?

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back