IT.COM

various Report Completed Domain Name Sales Here

NameSilo
Watch

RJ

Domain BuyerTop Member
Impact
This thread is a central location to report domain name sales of any dollar amount.

As much information as you can include about the transaction is welcome, but at a bare minimum please include the domain name(s), the sale price, and whether you were the seller.

Good luck with your sales!

Please use the Like and Thank links on a post to indicate that you like it or are thankful for it being shared.

Do not post only, "great sale" or similar as this doesn't contribute to the thread. (Don't reply for the sole purpose of complimenting.)
  • Tip: Use the Like/Thanks feature instead.

Questions are allowed, but do not post commentary. If you want to discuss or comment on a sale in this thread, quote it and then post it in the following thread instead:

Suggested template (bold details are required):

Domain name:

Sale venue:​
Listing type:​
Listing upgrades:​
Seller:​
Asking price:​
Sale price:​
Purchase venue:​
Purchase price:​
Details:​

Suggested values / explanations:
  • Sale venue: Sold at NamePros, outbound direct, inbound direct, etc.
  • Listing type: Make Offer, Fixed price, Auction, Auction with Buy-It-Now, Reverse auction, etc.
  • Listing upgrades: Premium package, featured listing, etc.
  • Seller: me, a friend, a friend of a friend, a colleague, someone else, unknown, etc.
  • Purchase venue: Where (and the year) the seller purchased the domain name originally.
  • Details: Any additional details about the domain name like how you bought it, how long you had it before it sold, its age, etc.

Examples:

Domain name: ThisDomain.com​
Sale venue: NamePros (2016)​
Listing type: Make offer with Buy-It-Now​
Listing upgrades: Featured listing​
Seller: Me​
Asking price: $950​
Sale price: $830​
Purchase venue: NamePros (2015)​
Purchase price: $25​
Details: Acquired from a reseller. 5 years old domain. Had for 1 year before resold.​

Domain name: ThatDomain.com​
Sale venue: GoDaddy Auctions (2012)​
Listing type: 7-day Public Auction​
Listing upgrades: N/A​
Seller: Someone else​
Asking price: N/A​
Sale price: $60​
Purchase venue: Hand registration (2009)​
Purchase price: $8​
Details: I watched its auction. The auction description said it was hand-registered the same day it dropped (from expiration).​

Important:
  • If you don't want to provide any other information about the sale besides what you've posted, then include "no further details" or "NFD" in your post.

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Sold...
Domain name
: reyes dot xyz
Sale venue: Uniregistry
Sale price: $700
Purchase Price: $0.99

Last edited:
•••
Thrive Therapy net
Afternic BIN $150, I will receive $120
Purchase price $0.99

This domain was originally purchased to test parking revenue. It only earned a few pennies, so I am happy it has sold.

•••
•••
FIFI.( NET ) $1900 Sedo Buy it now

•••
mudrawallet//com
afternic-100$
handreg (selfmade/don;t knew that was a drop)
fasthost - 1euro promo purchase
profit -80$ after commission

•••
Sold two names via GoDaddy Premium Listing this week:

BargainPoolAndSpa.com $449 and AllLuxuryHomes.com $349

I owned both names for about a year and picked up via GoDaddy Closeouts

•••
BoulderWeed - 599 in .com. Outbound. Contacted about a dozen Boulder, Co dispensaries. Only one responded but they agreed to my asking price. Acquired last year in Godaddy closeouts.

•••
PSPWorld.Com: $300 Buy It Now at GD

•••
SOLD
Domain
: C/o/n/c/e/r/t (.) io
Sale Venue: Efty Landing Page
Sale Price: $12,000
Purchase Price
: $90 (Backordered)
Purchase Date: Aug/2016
Listing Type: Make an offer

Little history: Owned for just under 9 mths; had it on a lander for about 7 mths and received several low inbound offers from others. I did not do any outbound marketing.

I decided to share this sale as this particular buyer turned out to be a large company, but they contacted me through a made up or disguised personal email and not through their company email to conceal who they were and there initial offer of $1k. I countered and after a couple back and forth emails we agreed at the $12k sale price. I didn't find out who they were until we were in escrow. Overall it was a great experience with a great company and satisfied with the sale. Hope this helps and am sure some may be able to even relate to the "concealed identity" approach used by some of these bigger companies.

•••
SOLD
Domain:
m\o\t\o\r\e\p\u\b\l\i\c(.)com
Sale Venue: Uniregistry Landing Page
Sale Price: $499
Purchase Price: $10
Purchase Date: Feb/2017
Listing Type: BIN

•••
Emoji.website $250
Cost .88
Held for almost 1 year

Sedo offer $250 which was minimum offer set.

•••
Sold e-brochures.com for $499 via undeveloped. Made 407 profit. Domain held for 7 months

•••
My fist 2 sales

K1BR.COM sold for $15 on Ebay

AZZ5.COM sold for $15 on ebay

•••
SOLD
Domain
: C/o/n/c/e/r/t (.) io
Sale Venue: Efty Landing Page
Sale Price: $12,000
Purchase Price
: $90 (Backordered)
Purchase Date: Aug/2016
Listing Type: Make an offer

Little history: Owned for just under 9 mths; had it on a lander for about 7 mths and received several low inbound offers from others. I did not do any outbound marketing.

I decided to share this sale as this particular buyer turned out to be a large company, but they contacted me through a made up or disguised personal email and not through their company email to conceal who they were and there initial offer of $1k. I countered and after a couple back and forth emails we agreed at the $12k sale price. I didn't find out who they were until we were in escrow. Overall it was a great experience with a great company and satisfied with the sale. Hope this helps and am sure some may be able to even relate to the "concealed identity" approach used by some of these bigger companies.

Great sale with very good ROI, $90 to $12,000 :)
congratulations!

•••
Defamation*D*e*f*e*n*s*e (dotcom) $1000 USD

Handreg 2015 + 1 renewal.

Little story with it...

SEO guy emailed me directly through WHOIS asking if I would take $1000 for it.

I believe I could've countered higher but I had the domain parked on SEDO and listed for $995! (priced it right after handregging wanting to sell it quick and forgot all about it)

I don't think he saw the price on the landing page because why would he email me asking instead of just buying then and there for what he was offering?

Didn't want to be dishonest and maybe lose the sale so I just accepted his initial offer considering he purchased that day. He paid the same day and was grateful for it + I built a connection for future sales.

Tip: When you sell domains to SEO/Web Developers buying domains for projects, try to build a rapport with them for future business. They obviously get clients of all kinds from all different industries. Let them know you have a portfolio of domains for sale and to ask you if ever they need domains in the future.

Last edited:
•••
sold
K-i-i-n-d-l-y at brandbucket for 1995
kindly|com with double i letter

regged at 1 pound fasthosts in september last year

tried to sell as bb accepted name here for 35$, bulk discount $25 with other domains. no body bought. then i removed the post and forgot about it for 2 months after which i finally listed at brandbucket.

and sold today.

so here goes the summary

Purchase price - $1.17
listing price - $10
sale price - 1995
BB commission - $600
Logo fees - $200 ( i had selected 200 for it which is not recommedable)
Net profit - approx $1195

Last edited:
•••
Domain name: T a q q a ( d o t ) c o m

Sale venue: Bodis + GD Premium (see below)

Sale price: $1,975 ($1,580 after GD's commission)

Purchase price: hand reg + 3 renewals

Details: Initial offer of $400 was received through Bodis' lander. At that time I had the name listed at $2,975 as a GD premium listing, so I asked the interested party to up their offer so as to come closer to my price point. Second offer came at $1,800. Even though I was aiming for sale price of roughly $2.5k for this name, I was cautious since a year and a half ago I received $1,000 initial offer for the same name, to which I countered and never heard from that person again. So, I countered with $1,975, saying that was the lowest I could accept. Buyer agreed to it and I sent them direct link to GD's search result for the name in question. Clearly my cut could have been bigger by employing one of escrow companies, but let's just say that I have more than one reason to pursue GD as a sale venue and will continue to do so in the future.

•••
M*I*T*L*L*C.com
$1000
inbox email inquiry with offer $1000, i accepted immediately, without negotiation.
Invested: $5+9,92 ($14.92) at Godaddy closeout auction, January 2017.

•••
My third domain sale: P*l*a*t*i*n*u*m.world sold for $2418.75 with DNS landing page. :woot:

•••
My third domain sale: P*l*a*t*i*n*u*m.world sold for $2418.75 with DNS landing page. :woot:
Strange.. it's still available for purch
upload_2017-4-27_16-34-19.png

•••
•••
The $4.900 pricetag was set by the new owner, the domain is available on marketplace not available to hand-reg. Example: someone is listing a domain on afternic with BIN set and buyer search that domain on godaddy and sees the BIN set by seller, easy.

Last edited:
•••
It just hadn't been removed from sales listings but it's pulled now, thanks. $4900 was my listed asking price.

•••
contrast dot tv
$2,500
..via escrow.com

•••
Another little sale: U*s*e*f*u*l*G*r*o*u*p.com $600. Inbound email inquiry via Efty landing page.
Backordered thru Pheenix in 2013, hold 4 years, total invested around $50

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back