IT.COM

various Report Completed Domain Name Sales Here

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

RJ

Domain BuyerTop Member
Impact
This thread is a central location to report domain name sales of any dollar amount.

As much information as you can include about the transaction is welcome, but at a bare minimum please include the domain name(s), the sale price, and whether you were the seller.

Good luck with your sales!

Please use the Like and Thank links on a post to indicate that you like it or are thankful for it being shared.

Do not post only, "great sale" or similar as this doesn't contribute to the thread. (Don't reply for the sole purpose of complimenting.)
  • Tip: Use the Like/Thanks feature instead.

Questions are allowed, but do not post commentary. If you want to discuss or comment on a sale in this thread, quote it and then post it in the following thread instead:

Suggested template (bold details are required):

Domain name:

Sale venue:​
Listing type:​
Listing upgrades:​
Seller:​
Asking price:​
Sale price:​
Purchase venue:​
Purchase price:​
Details:​

Suggested values / explanations:
  • Sale venue: Sold at NamePros, outbound direct, inbound direct, etc.
  • Listing type: Make Offer, Fixed price, Auction, Auction with Buy-It-Now, Reverse auction, etc.
  • Listing upgrades: Premium package, featured listing, etc.
  • Seller: me, a friend, a friend of a friend, a colleague, someone else, unknown, etc.
  • Purchase venue: Where (and the year) the seller purchased the domain name originally.
  • Details: Any additional details about the domain name like how you bought it, how long you had it before it sold, its age, etc.

Examples:

Domain name: ThisDomain.com​
Sale venue: NamePros (2016)​
Listing type: Make offer with Buy-It-Now​
Listing upgrades: Featured listing​
Seller: Me​
Asking price: $950​
Sale price: $830​
Purchase venue: NamePros (2015)​
Purchase price: $25​
Details: Acquired from a reseller. 5 years old domain. Had for 1 year before resold.​

Domain name: ThatDomain.com​
Sale venue: GoDaddy Auctions (2012)​
Listing type: 7-day Public Auction​
Listing upgrades: N/A​
Seller: Someone else​
Asking price: N/A​
Sale price: $60​
Purchase venue: Hand registration (2009)​
Purchase price: $8​
Details: I watched its auction. The auction description said it was hand-registered the same day it dropped (from expiration).​

Important:
  • If you don't want to provide any other information about the sale besides what you've posted, then include "no further details" or "NFD" in your post.

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Some great flips as usual @Federer congrats! Do you either pitch something to the potential buyer explaining why would the domain benefit them or just simply let them know you marketing it at the moment? Keep 'em coming

•••
We never pitch - we just simply inform key companies that name being marketed (for $xxx) to prospective buyers within the industry.

•••
We never pitch - we just simply inform key companies that name being marketed (for $xxx) to prospective buyers within the industry.
How do you know who in the company to contact. Like a large corporation (I don't know how big these companies are that you contact)... but do you simply use the contact form on their site?
Or do you dig around and try to find the person at the top? (ie. CEO, president, etc.)
Or a marketing person?

•••
If you look around Federer has freely discussed his technique which can be replicated by anybody. I think what separates him from others is his consistency and dedication on top of the knowledge and industry insight he gained over years.

•••
There is little need to invest time in looking for the right department or key contact at any given company - especially for low-mid quality names. If the domain is beneficial to the business, it most of the time ends up on the screen of the management team.

Of course, for the top-tier names ($xx,xxx), locating the key decision maker is essential.

•••
@Federer how many ppl work for you to do all the emailing work ?

•••
I just have 2 people working for us at this stage.

•••
phoenix/ website/ design $900

wanted a little bit more but i was fine with it, picked it up in closeouts this month

•••
ReputationManagementSoftware dot net - $350

DenverPropertyManagement dot net - $195

•••
phoenix/ website/ design $900

wanted a little bit more but i was fine with it, picked it up in closeouts this month

$900.... :xf.eek:

•••
@Federer... Did you offer originally at $195 or it was negotiated down?

•••
it was negotiated down - a day later (after the sale), we got a $395 BIN offer..... it can happen.

•••
I know, a sale of that small amount should not even be reported here, but I like posting my Afternic sales.
I sold 4 names on Afternic from $60 to $495 in one year having only 40-50 domains (all hand-reg).

It is a very effective platform for liquidating domains. When the sale price is low it really sells well.

Thank you so much for sharing your experience. I followed your lead and listed my lower-quality and expiring names at $90. I made my first sale in less than a week. If I manage to make a bunch of similar sales, a few domains that were destined for the drain may make a profit after all.

Thanks again, Dominic.

•••
•••
mr / homes / co / uk

$1,255.00

Paid $9 for it

•••
•••
BIN on sedo

The dot uk is still for sale

•••
BreakingNews.org

Purchase Price: $362

Sell Price : $4900

ROI : Approximate 1350%

• Won name on Namejet for $362 on 19th December 2016
  • I got message from interested buyer on 14th January 2017 with initial offer of $2000.
  • I did my little research and found out the average price for such premium phrase are around $5000-$20000+ whose Exact monthly search volume is 1 Million + .
  • Little negotiation via PM back & forth.
  • I represented all facts about name and explained why it is very valuable domain.
  • I received highest offer of $2750 again within couple days via PM. I said my expectation is High $XXXX. I explained my reasoning to him why my expectation is in that range.
  • Interested Buyer request me to discuss further via Skype instead of PM.
  • We discussed about more than 1 hour on Skype and finally decided to meet at $4900 via Escrow.com

Thanks
Great sale.. congrats

•••
sold slimbox (dot) com for $5,000

•••
•••
•••
I did see some warning from admin that complete domain and details should be provided if your reporting a sale

•••
I did see some warning from admin that complete domain and details should be provided if your reporting a sale

Yes, there is a template they want you to follow.

Suggested template (bold required):

Domain name:
Sale venue:
Listing type:
Listing upgrades:
Seller:
Asking price:
Sale price:
Purchase venue:
Purchase price:
Details:

Suggested values / explanations:
  • Sale venue: Sold at NamePros, outbound direct, inbound direct, etc.
  • Listing type: Make Offer, Fixed price, Auction, Auction with Buy-It-Now, Reverse auction, etc.
  • Listing upgrades: Premium package, featured listing, etc.
  • Seller: me, a friend, a friend of a friend, a colleague, someone else, unknown, etc.
  • Purchase venue: Where (and the year) the seller purchased the domain name originally.
  • Details: Any additional details about the domain name like how you bought it, how long you had it before it sold, its age, etc.

Examples:

Domain name: ThisDomain.com
Sale venue: NamePros (2016)
Listing type: Make offer with Buy-It-Now
Listing upgrades: Featured listing
Seller: Me
Asking price: $950
Sale price: $830
Purchase venue: NamePros (2015)
Purchase price: $25
Details: Acquired from a reseller. 5 years old domain. Had for 1 year before resold.
Domain name: ThatDomain.com
Sale venue: GoDaddy Auctions (2012)
Listing type: 7-day Public Auction
Listing upgrades: N/A
Seller: Someone else
Asking price: N/A
Sale price: $60
Purchase venue: Hand registration (2009)
Purchase price: $8
Details: I watched its auction. The auction description said it was hand-registered the same day it dropped (from expiration).

Important:
  • If you don't want to provide any other information about the sale besides what you've posted, then include "no further details" or "NFD" in your post.

Last edited:
•••
Sold W I L L Y . X Y Z for 300 USD
Inbound sale.
Sold P A N T H E O N . X Y Z for 401 USD
Godaddy make offer.

•••
Sold W I L L Y . X Y Z for 300 USD
Inbound sale.
Sold P A N T H E O N . X Y Z for 401 USD
Godaddy make offer.

the xyz sale goddess is back!
you make me wanna be a better man.. I mean.. you make me wanna reg more xyz domains! :)

may I ask where your xyz domains are landing? bodis? homemade lander?
how long did you hold them abotu? 1 renewal?

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back