Domain Empire

various Report Completed Domain Name Sales Here

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

RJ

Domain BuyerTop Member
Impact
This thread is a central location to report domain name sales of any dollar amount.

As much information as you can include about the transaction is welcome, but at a bare minimum please include the domain name(s), the sale price, and whether you were the seller.

Good luck with your sales!

Please use the Like and Thank links on a post to indicate that you like it or are thankful for it being shared.

Do not post only, "great sale" or similar as this doesn't contribute to the thread. (Don't reply for the sole purpose of complimenting.)
  • Tip: Use the Like/Thanks feature instead.

Questions are allowed, but do not post commentary. If you want to discuss or comment on a sale in this thread, quote it and then post it in the following thread instead:

Suggested template (bold details are required):

Domain name:

Sale venue:​
Listing type:​
Listing upgrades:​
Seller:​
Asking price:​
Sale price:​
Purchase venue:​
Purchase price:​
Details:​

Suggested values / explanations:
  • Sale venue: Sold at NamePros, outbound direct, inbound direct, etc.
  • Listing type: Make Offer, Fixed price, Auction, Auction with Buy-It-Now, Reverse auction, etc.
  • Listing upgrades: Premium package, featured listing, etc.
  • Seller: me, a friend, a friend of a friend, a colleague, someone else, unknown, etc.
  • Purchase venue: Where (and the year) the seller purchased the domain name originally.
  • Details: Any additional details about the domain name like how you bought it, how long you had it before it sold, its age, etc.

Examples:

Domain name: ThisDomain.com​
Sale venue: NamePros (2016)​
Listing type: Make offer with Buy-It-Now​
Listing upgrades: Featured listing​
Seller: Me​
Asking price: $950​
Sale price: $830​
Purchase venue: NamePros (2015)​
Purchase price: $25​
Details: Acquired from a reseller. 5 years old domain. Had for 1 year before resold.​

Domain name: ThatDomain.com​
Sale venue: GoDaddy Auctions (2012)​
Listing type: 7-day Public Auction​
Listing upgrades: N/A​
Seller: Someone else​
Asking price: N/A​
Sale price: $60​
Purchase venue: Hand registration (2009)​
Purchase price: $8​
Details: I watched its auction. The auction description said it was hand-registered the same day it dropped (from expiration).​

Important:
  • If you don't want to provide any other information about the sale besides what you've posted, then include "no further details" or "NFD" in your post.

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Domain name: Local.Express
Sale Venue: Sedo
Seller: Myself
Sale price: $1,500
note: domain already transferred to buyer's registrar, waiting to update his contact details.

•••
S V A L .com sold at $1,250 one week ago
I bought it at $358 from NameJet.com auction in May, 2016

•••
B*I*R*T*H*D*A*Y*B*E*E*R in king sold for $1600USD
Inbound EFTY inquiry
original offer was $200...negotiated UP a bit :)) still the name was a bargain.
Godaddy $11 closeout domain, sold 360days latter LOL
I have 4 other pending sales this week....

•••
B*I*R*T*H*D*A*Y*B*E*E*R in king sold for $1600USD
Inbound EFTY inquiry
original offer was $200...negotiated UP a bit :)) still the name was a bargain.
Godaddy $11 closeout domain, sold 360days latter LOL
I have 4 other pending sales this week....
What made you take the decision buy this ..The end user is the previous owner or has a specific use?

•••
What made you take the decision buy this ..The end user is the previous owner or has a specific use?
I did my research before I bought it, and really I sold it cheap at $1600...
Beer/Vodka/Tea domains are hard to find and always sell very well. I have sold many and all in the thousands.
There's a lot of startups in the Beer & Tea world...
The buyer is a digital marketing firm that I am sure they have another client that wanted this name...

Not that long ago last year I sold B*R*E*W-I*T.com(hand reg) on DNS at around $1500 if I recall, anyways beer/brewing is AWESOME! haha :))

Last edited:
•••
@maxtorz Congratulations...

Are you getting all sales via efty?

•••
@maxtorz Congratulations...

Are you getting all sales via efty?

Mainly I do outbound, so only inbound inquiries are handled via Efty.
Efty is good, but definitely not great. Not great because I don't use Escrow.com and I have my own credit card processor or prefer paypal transactions. Also tracking visitors to your lander is a pain with Efty.
I have lost sales because of the Escrow.com process in the past, plus why pay a third party when I am doing all the work and negotiating!?

Last edited:
•••
•••
@maxtorz Congrats Mate you on fire...ride the wave..

•••
•••
•••
Hello,

January was NOT a good month for me, but I managed to sell three names from low to mid $xxx:

Captainthailand.com, Asia.center, Tinyskirts.com

Last edited:
•••
Domain name: 24HourTowingServices dot com
Sale venue: GoDaddy
Listing type: Premium Domains
Listing upgrades:None.
Seller: Me
Asking price $389
Sale price: $389
Purchase venue: GoDaddy Closeouts
Purchase price: $5 plus renewal
Details: Purchased from Closeouts on January 6, 2017 and it sold on my birthday January 29

•••
H/u/r/r/i/e/d . com
Sold for $1450
Seller : myself

NFD

Last edited:
•••
Domain name: R/o/a/d/G/i/g/s/ in com
Sale venue: Namepros
Seller: Me
Sale price: $120
Purchase price: $Reg fee + 1 renewal
Details: Actually really like this name but no one had ever made an offer on it in two years. Part of me wonders if I should have continued to hold for end user, but that is the nature of the domain game. Got a decent return (6x), will pay for renewals on 15 other names.

Last edited:
•••
I prefer to most times not report my sales and keep things on the quiet but these sales are publicly reported anyway, so will post 2 recent sales:

selfemployed net - sold $4.1k
cashfunds com - sold $5.1k

Both sold at Namejet and both were on hotpicks. I prefer not to mention purchase prices but I made excellent ROI on both names and think in particular cashfunds still has meet on the bone and could sell huge one day to a financial institution so both buyer and seller are happy here.

All the best to everyone else with sales going forward!

•••
HealthyVaping.com sold within 18 hours of hand reg'ing for $200 on Flippa.

•••
•••
@joro001 Appreciate you posting these sales. It helps us all, to add to the big picture of what is selling. Great domains!

Did you do any marketing, or networking, mailouts etc to drive target prospects for those names, to your NJ auctions? That would be really helpful to know.

Last edited:
•••
@joro001 Appreciate you posting these sales. It helps us all, to add to the big picture of what is selling. Great domains!

Did you do any marketing, or networking, mailouts etc to drive target prospects for those names, to your NJ auctions? That would be really helpful to know.

If it helps others then that is good.

I occasionally do some outbound marketing for my Namejet names and/or point leads that have contacted me to the listings but most of it is the platform itself selling the names to the pool of buyers there.

•••
@joro001 Thanks for the answer. Congrats on those great sales.

•••
JingleBellRock.com
Inbound
$2,000

•••
•••
JingleBellRock.com
Inbound
$2,000

Cool name. Congrats on sale!

What sort of business or industry was the buyer in?

•••
I just saw this on Namebio:

Autohaus.me 4,741 USD 2017-02-06 Sedo

I originally registered it back in the day...and let it drop last year :)) since I had no inquiries for years. I registered it back then because the .mobi was sold for 5k LOL.
Anyone on our forum made that sale?
If so congrats!

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back