Dynadot

various Report Completed Domain Name Sales Here

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

RJ

Domain BuyerTop Member
Impact
This thread is a central location to report domain name sales of any dollar amount.

As much information as you can include about the transaction is welcome, but at a bare minimum please include the domain name(s), the sale price, and whether you were the seller.

Good luck with your sales!

Please use the Like and Thank links on a post to indicate that you like it or are thankful for it being shared.

Do not post only, "great sale" or similar as this doesn't contribute to the thread. (Don't reply for the sole purpose of complimenting.)
  • Tip: Use the Like/Thanks feature instead.

Questions are allowed, but do not post commentary. If you want to discuss or comment on a sale in this thread, quote it and then post it in the following thread instead:

Suggested template (bold details are required):

Domain name:

Sale venue:​
Listing type:​
Listing upgrades:​
Seller:​
Asking price:​
Sale price:​
Purchase venue:​
Purchase price:​
Details:​

Suggested values / explanations:
  • Sale venue: Sold at NamePros, outbound direct, inbound direct, etc.
  • Listing type: Make Offer, Fixed price, Auction, Auction with Buy-It-Now, Reverse auction, etc.
  • Listing upgrades: Premium package, featured listing, etc.
  • Seller: me, a friend, a friend of a friend, a colleague, someone else, unknown, etc.
  • Purchase venue: Where (and the year) the seller purchased the domain name originally.
  • Details: Any additional details about the domain name like how you bought it, how long you had it before it sold, its age, etc.

Examples:

Domain name: ThisDomain.com​
Sale venue: NamePros (2016)​
Listing type: Make offer with Buy-It-Now​
Listing upgrades: Featured listing​
Seller: Me​
Asking price: $950​
Sale price: $830​
Purchase venue: NamePros (2015)​
Purchase price: $25​
Details: Acquired from a reseller. 5 years old domain. Had for 1 year before resold.​

Domain name: ThatDomain.com​
Sale venue: GoDaddy Auctions (2012)​
Listing type: 7-day Public Auction​
Listing upgrades: N/A​
Seller: Someone else​
Asking price: N/A​
Sale price: $60​
Purchase venue: Hand registration (2009)​
Purchase price: $8​
Details: I watched its auction. The auction description said it was hand-registered the same day it dropped (from expiration).​

Important:
  • If you don't want to provide any other information about the sale besides what you've posted, then include "no further details" or "NFD" in your post.

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Kword.com for $3,888

GoDragonfly.com
for $3,988

EastEight.com for $8,888

U-6.com
for $1,888

Kword.com acquired more than 5 years back. GoDragonfly.com acquired almost 2 years ago. EastEight.com also almost 2 years back and U-6.com more than 5 years before. Altogether acquisition cost for these 4 domains was under $500.

All above sales happened via Afternic last month.

Last edited:
•••
fearsale-e1588904116479.png

----------------------------------------------------

Domain name: FearOfMissingOut / com
Sale venue: Afternic
Sale type: BIN

Asking price: $8,337
Sale price: $8,337

Purchase price: $150
Purchased: Namepros
Hold time: 16 months

Really excited about this one. And not just because it was long 4 WORD domain. The more interesting part is that I purchased this name from a NP member a little over a year ago.

This sale is proof that you CAN find great deals here on the forum if you know how to find them. This isn’t the only domain I’ve made a healthy ROI from a NP purchase but definitely the highest yet.

No further details

Last edited:
•••
Simplifire.com – Acquired last year and total cost was in $xx. Had put up BIN like I’ve set up on over 95% of my domains. Sold via Afternic BIN for $4,888 so nothing much to share in detail. But what I can is the ROI was fantastic. I love to buy such type of brandable domains.

Claira.com – Received inquiry via Uniregistry lander and I quoted $2,988. Got an offer of $1500. I responded with $2,800 as the minimum to be accepted. Buyer immediately accepted. I set up escrow at Sedo to use their service and see how it goes. Everything went smooth but the only issue with Sedo escrow is they don’t let you set up escrow by yourself. I need to submit the required detail and Sedo initiates transaction during business timings. That’s where they lack and need to give the right to any one to start transaction and they can look after once it’s started. Acquired this domain in 2014.

RedAccess.com – Another BIN sale via Afternic for $2888. Acquired this domain in 2014. With BIN sales, there isn’t much to share but in my opinion, any sale is something to learn from.

ChapterSix.com – Coincidentally this domain was also acquired in 2014. It looks like I’m making some sales for the domains I acquired in 2014
This domain originally had an asking price of $1,988. Got counter of $1,000. I countered with $1800 for a quick deal and was accepted.

Used Uniregistry checkout system and it worked great! They’ve improved their checkout system as in past sellers were forced to pay the PayPal/Credit Card fee of 3.88% and no option to select buyer to pay that fee. Now it shows both option for seller to opt who’ll pay the fee. Although the Service Fee of Uniregistry is paid by seller which is touch higher but with smooth and small deals I would prefer to use them instead of Escrow.com who asks you lot of stuff to verify your account. During that time, there are chances of buyers getting disappear.

BioFidelity.com – Received inquiry via Uniregistry lander and quoted $6,888. The buyer offered $2,000. After going back and forth with buyer several times, we settled for $2,200. I rarely go that low but since I needed to invest in other and better domains, I went ahead and took it. Deal was completed via Uniregistry checkout.

JhMiller.com – Acquired this domain last year with total cost in low 3 figs. Received inquiry via Uniregistry lander on behalf of their client along with an offer of $113 by mentioning https://www.freevaluator.com/ and did a quick check for jhmiller.com and it returned $113.62.” While researching about their client, I found they own JhMiller.CO. Anyhow, I quoted the same listing price of $1,988.

It was real fun dealing with this buyer as he gave an offer of $113. In his next response, he revised offer on the automated valuation of another crappy site Estibot.com which according to him gave $1,200. But he was giving an additional $150 above that appraisal.

My excerpts from the next message “We don’t believe in any automated appraisals as none of them is trustworthy. I’m sure you’re aware of the biggest registrar in the world GoDaddy.com which appraises the domain for $1,781 – https://www.godaddy.com/domain-valu...eckAvail=1&tmskey=&domainToCheck=jhmiller.com

Even if it appraises double than that, it won’t affect our asking price as we don’t set our prices based on automated appraisals.

You may want to check weekly reported domain sales – http://www.dnjournal.com/domainsales.htm to get an idea about current domain market.

Since you operate designing company, I’m sure you understands very well about the value of quality domains.”

And there goes the most common silence we domainers face :-D

After around a week later, I countered with $1,850 and gave 48 hours to accept. The buyer got back saying his client is willing to pay $1,750 which is final offer. I took it and deal completed via Uniregistry checkout.

Last edited:
•••
On Feb 20, 2023 I sold the following name inbound BIN via Afternic FT.

The lander had been pointed at BrandPa, so this ended up my first sale with 25% Afternic commission. The name had been priced as suggested by BrandPa. I had tried a few price points, BIN and MO, and several different landers over the years.

Name was created by someone in 2017, but I acquired it a few years ago at NL auction. I have always liked it, and had it registered years in advance as a definite holder, but this was first query or price request over years I have held it.

I had thought of name as assistive living, home-based assistance, vehicle or home care, daycare, etc., but it seems from redirection use buyer is in legal sector, where name also works.

No further information, please.
CareCourtCOM-Feb-2023.png

Last edited:
•••
Domain name: EarthXR dot com
Sale venue:
Inquired through GD auctions, then Efty, then Epik :wacky:
Listing type: Make offer (Negotiated for a month)
Asking price: $6000 net (later raised to 10k which motivated buyer)
Purchase venue: Epik
Purchase price: $5800 minus 9% fee = $5278
Cost: $12 Godaddy Auction + renewal + Epik transfer
Hold time: Less than a year
Details: Company purchased the .org 7 months ago and wanted upgrade. Will be used for earth education VR video. Also used Efty Tawk.to chat a couple times, thanks @Doron Vermaat (y)

Last edited:
•••
Purchase Price : $1560

Hold time : 3+ years

Sell type : Negotiation

Had few offers between $5K to $9K in past which I rejected graciously.

Was listed for $29995 and then $39995. Settled for below price.

Humble request : Please do not use name in discussion thread anywhere.

Thanks

IPPA.PNG

•••
orbyt / io
Venue : Afternic ( sedo lander )
Price : 5.999 USD
Hold time: 2 years
Hand regged

This sale has a story behind it that is worth considering and is the main reason for reporting it.

Sedo notified me of the sale of the domain on January 13th, but I do not check the email registered with Sedo very often
It took me about a week to find out !
*Make sure your email address is the same across all platforms.

However, after paying the amount, the buyer retracted and asked for a refund from Sedo, and the sale was canceled.

It was my strong suspicion that the buyer's refund had nothing to do with the delay, as Sedo said!

The domain expires on February 2nd, so I thought that was the real reason.
The buyer thought why not register it at the lowest price if the domain drops?

So I renewed it and waited for a few days, so the buyer came back and bought it through Afternic.

*In the past, AbdulBasit Makrani advised . I think here on Namepros that domain registration for several years is very useful to motivate the buyer.
At that time, I agreed with AbdulBasit in his opinion, but I did not take it (stingy ):xf.rolleyes:

Please accept my apologies for the length of this post, but I wanted to clarify some points*.

Thanks

•••
I started experimenting with the new Sedo BIN or Best Offer landers this year. BIN was set at $6888 with minimum Make Offer set at 68% of BIN which was $4684. Buyer came in at $1 above the minimum which I accepted. Sedo Best Offer landers don't allow for counteroffers. This sale marks my first ever Sedo sale. My sales mostly come from Afternic and Dan.

Name: M//a//a//p.//org
Landing Page: Sedo ($6888 BIN or Best Offer)
Sale Venue: Sedo
Sale Type: Inbound
Sale Price: $4685 (Best Offer)
Commision: 10%
Cost: Godaddy Auction $170 (2019) plus 5 renewals (2020 till 2024) ~$50-$55. Total cost - ~$220-$225
Hold Time: 4 years and 4 months
Portfolio Size: Slightly above 230
No further details.

mp.png

•••
I am still selling a few names every month, but haven't been able to update here. Will try to share more

Sold this last month

Got this in September 2021

Sold Via Afternic Lander

Had a BIN of 10K, and AN broker negotiated it and closed at 6K which I was happy to take.

2023 is slower than I anticipated, but 2022 was also slow and It was when I realized that this was an unpredictable business and made some changes in my approach.

I did around 150K in gross sales till June in 2022
This year, I have crossed 300K YTD, so I can't say i am not happy with the result.

My little side hustle is starting to pay off :)

I am hoping the rest of the year will be better for all of us..

Good luck to us all!!

Screenshot 2023-07-09 at 5.45.48 PM.png

•••
Sold one of my best domain
easy/cart in com
for USD 45,000
Bought for $4400 + 200 (marketing and 5 years renewal)
Hold time - 22 Months

Thanks to Squadhelp

•••
•••
Sold Legacies.com for $20,000 via inbound offer at Godaddy.

•••
Been a while since I reported sales here.. But here is a noice juice one I just woke up to

Hold Time: 15 days
Lander: Afternic NS3/4
Acquisition cost: 650

Thanks to all who continue to share knowledge and sales

Fop461VaIAAP0Nm

•••
SH sale

Uni//versely//com

Sold for $14952

•••
Domain Name: intuition.vc

Sale venue: Dan
Sale price: $9,600
Purchase venue: Docky
Purchase price: $261
Hold Time: 2 months

•••
UnitedVentures dotCOM
Sold for $15,000 BIN via Godaddy
Purchase price: $1,000 in 2015

•••
•••
I sold MetaSpend(.com) for $7500 at Afternic (Buy it now).. after their fees I got about $6100.. This is my biggest sale ever

•••
•••
Finaly my first sale :)

Domain name: S/p/e/e/k/i/./c/o/m
Hold time: 65 days
Sale venue: Afternic (Inbound offer BIN: $4900)
Sale price: $3500 ($2800 after comission)
Purchase price: $8,75 (Hand reg)
Speeki sold (1).jpg

Congrats to the buyer!
I would like to thank the whole NamePros comunity!
Special thanks to @Bob Hawkes for all his articles!

Greetings, Maximinus

•••
industrial / heart / com
Sales price : $25,000 USD

Sales Venue : afternic.com
Registrar : godaddy.com
Hold time : +2 years
Purchased : $59 + 2 years renewal

Last edited:
•••
BufferedETFs (in King)
Hold Time: Approx. 2 yrs.
Hand Reg'd: $8.50 GoDaddy
Net After Comm. $20,904.80

Congratulations! Your domain, BUFFEREDETFS (.COM), has sold via Afternic's Fast Transfer network for $24,888.00.

What’s next?

There is no action needed from you at this time and we will send you an email within 7-10 days regarding your payment. We ask that you please check your Afternic account settings to make sure that your default payee information is current and ready to receive funds.

Thank you,
Afternic Transaction Assurance Team

•••
me and @MetaverseBranding sold Workia.com this month

35K after negotiations through a Godaddy broker
Bought for about 200-250 some years ago dont recall exactly.

•••
Screenshot_20230511-081000.png
Sold GoStaking.com, hold time was little over 2 years, cost was $10 plus two renewals.
May has been great so far with 4 sales and $15k revenue.

Last edited:
•••
C/O/N/S/E/R/V/O.C/O/M

Sold for: $17500

Afternic, BUY NOW $30000,

First, offer $10k, Said to Afternic take it, but try for the best. Afternic agent got it up to $17500.
Has had offers over the years, the best offer was $1000 in 2017.

Got it from Enom club drop :
Thu 08/06/2006 - $126.95

Afternic has sold 1%+ of my portfolio this year alone, with an average price of $3300 NET.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back