IT.COM

various Report Completed Domain Name Sales Here

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

RJ

Domain BuyerTop Member
Impact
This thread is a central location to report domain name sales of any dollar amount.

As much information as you can include about the transaction is welcome, but at a bare minimum please include the domain name(s), the sale price, and whether you were the seller.

Good luck with your sales!

Please use the Like and Thank links on a post to indicate that you like it or are thankful for it being shared.

Do not post only, "great sale" or similar as this doesn't contribute to the thread. (Don't reply for the sole purpose of complimenting.)
  • Tip: Use the Like/Thanks feature instead.

Questions are allowed, but do not post commentary. If you want to discuss or comment on a sale in this thread, quote it and then post it in the following thread instead:

Suggested template (bold details are required):

Domain name:

Sale venue:​
Listing type:​
Listing upgrades:​
Seller:​
Asking price:​
Sale price:​
Purchase venue:​
Purchase price:​
Details:​

Suggested values / explanations:
  • Sale venue: Sold at NamePros, outbound direct, inbound direct, etc.
  • Listing type: Make Offer, Fixed price, Auction, Auction with Buy-It-Now, Reverse auction, etc.
  • Listing upgrades: Premium package, featured listing, etc.
  • Seller: me, a friend, a friend of a friend, a colleague, someone else, unknown, etc.
  • Purchase venue: Where (and the year) the seller purchased the domain name originally.
  • Details: Any additional details about the domain name like how you bought it, how long you had it before it sold, its age, etc.

Examples:

Domain name: ThisDomain.com​
Sale venue: NamePros (2016)​
Listing type: Make offer with Buy-It-Now​
Listing upgrades: Featured listing​
Seller: Me​
Asking price: $950​
Sale price: $830​
Purchase venue: NamePros (2015)​
Purchase price: $25​
Details: Acquired from a reseller. 5 years old domain. Had for 1 year before resold.​

Domain name: ThatDomain.com​
Sale venue: GoDaddy Auctions (2012)​
Listing type: 7-day Public Auction​
Listing upgrades: N/A​
Seller: Someone else​
Asking price: N/A​
Sale price: $60​
Purchase venue: Hand registration (2009)​
Purchase price: $8​
Details: I watched its auction. The auction description said it was hand-registered the same day it dropped (from expiration).​

Important:
  • If you don't want to provide any other information about the sale besides what you've posted, then include "no further details" or "NFD" in your post.

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Three Afternic sales from the last few weeks. No outbound as usual.

Domain: Elevated // Design .[com]
Sale price: $4,988 (BIN)
Purchase price: $630, GoDaddy Auctions
Hold time: 3-4 weeks

Domain: Gemini // Group .[org]
Sale price: $800, BIN was $988
Purchase price: $5, Closeout
Hold time: 1.5 years

Domain: Space // Vision .[xyz]
Sale price: $988 (BIN)
Purchase price: $2, drop reg.
Hold time: 3.5 months

As I only have around 540 domains, I believe my portfolio is overperforming at the moment. That's a great "problem" to have, but I'm struggling to win any auctions at the moment. Prices are insane. So I will need to change strategy a bit if I'm going to keep expanding my portfolio both in quantity and quality.

•••
I sold this a few week's ago. Afternic FT, although lander had been pointed to Alter. Hand registered last year as part of a search for some hand reg in the mobile food sector - registered 2 (still have other). I had changed pricing on this one a bit, lowering by few hundred a month or so before sale. The new owner has not changed DNS, so no idea about intended use. Would also work as in movie trailer for cooking shows.
ShTastyTrAfter.png

•••
Domain Name: battlepass.com

Sale venue: Dan
Listing type: Buy Now/Make Offer
Listed price: $48,995
Sale price: $40,000
Purchase venue: GoDaddy
Purchase price: $3,363
Hold Time: 2 years

I didn't realize this, but if the buyer pays by wire (which they did) they get a 1% discount and therefore I get charged an extra 1% commission, making my total commission 16%.

•••
GreenPest.com – I bought this domain from a fellow domainer couple of years back in a package deal. This was sold via Afternic BIN at $3,888.

Younifi.com – Acquired this domain for $xx couple of months back and had BIN of $3,988 at both major platforms Sedo and Afternic. However, got direct inquiry and after I quoted price, got an offer of $2,000 for a quick deal to be done that day itself. I wasn’t tempted to sell it as that wasn’t an acceptable offer. I revised my asking and gave my final price of $3,500. Going back and forth for at least couple of times more and sticking with the same price of $3,500, buyer agreed and bought the name. All in all, it was really nice dealing with buyer. Great person to deal with.

CosmoChem.com – This was an interesting sale completed this month. Acquired the name less than two months back for $xxx, got direct inquiry via Uniregistry lander. Buyer was from Korea and if I remember correctly, I sold my first domain to a buyer from Korea. Funny thing in the entire deal was the buyer kept talking completely in Korean language which I needed to translate every time at Google Translate to understand what buyer says. After which I always responded back in English. It was good the buyer understood English language and I had no problem if he was responding back in Korean language

Initially buyer asked for the price for which I quoted $7,888. Buyer offered with $3,700. I reduced to $7,250. And then there was silence for a week period… I usually don’t follow up unless I sense the seriousness from any potential buyer. In this case, I followed up and buyer improved the offer to $6,000.

I gave my final price of $7,000 and took the entire escrow fee at my end which in almost all my transactions, my buyers pay. Eventually $7,000 was accepted and deal completed through Escrow.com

TheNordic.com – Bought this domain several years back. Afternic broker (Will Black) contacted on behalf of their client with an offer of $5,888. It was having BIN for $6,888 both at Sedo and Afternic. He asked if I’ve any flexibility, would like to counter or accept. I responded to remain stick at $6,888. Few days later, got accepted and payment on the way! Many thanks Will as you’ve done good job in getting the buyer to accept $6,888. It’s been great doing business with you in past and this time as well! Hope to do many more deals with you in future

VELO.org – I’m sharing this particular sale because surprisingly this was my first .org sale and was sold for $5,888 through Afternic BIN.

•••
Domain Name: pcboost.com

Sale venue: Dan
Listing type: Buy Now/Make Offer
Listed price: $12,995
Sale price: $10,000
Purchase venue: NameJet
Purchase price: $1,076
Hold Time: 6 months

I also sold 2 other domains this past week for $1,500 and $2,000. First time I've had 3 sales in a week - a good way to start the new year.

•••
2 months hold
Reg fee
GPT is on fire
Screenshot_20230404_210618.jpg

Last edited:
•••
Haven't posted in a long time, not sure the last time I shared sales - but thought I would share an update for late 2022 & into 2023. Hope everyone is having some success and keeping positive. Opportunity is still out there!

All the names I am listing were purchased via GD closeouts - prior to the increase (cant remember was it $ 8 to $12 or so? - GD had great pricing not that long ago.). I still think GD closeouts are the best place to mine for low priced valuable names. But that's just my opinion and sure others have better methods.
  • CasualCompany.com via. BrandBucket on 3/27/23 for $5130
  • StickyHippo.com via. BrandBucket on 2/15/23 for $3390
  • NoOneHome.com via BrandBucket on 7/13/22 for $3175
  • TrueAttitude.com via. SquadHelp on 6/23/23 for $1299
  • HypeAI.com via SquadHelp on 5/11/23 for $1704
  • NerdScan.com via. SquadHelp on 4/17/23 for $1499
  • NickelUp.com via. SquadHelp on 1/17/23 for $1150
  • Jecture.com via SquadHelp on 10/14/22 for $2799

A few lower value names via Afternic and will post them soon.

Good Luck All,
Brian

•••
Flome.com – Received direct inquiry via Uniregistry lander and after quoting $2,888 for which initially got $2,250 offer. After giving the best and final offer of $2,500, buyer immediately accepted and made payment via Uniregistry checkout which has been working very smooth for me. As soon as the funds are secured by Uniregistry, they transfer the domain swiftly and credits your account and funds are released per your preferred payment method.

TotalHomeComfort.com – Acquired this domain last year from GoDaddy closeouts. Received opening offer of $1,250 for which I quoted $2,988. To add one thing here, all quoted prices are already set at Sedo, Afternic and their partner registrars so anyone can buy directly from there as well. And the same price is quoted to all potential buyers who inquire directly.

After the usual silence from buyers, got $1,750 as last and final offer. We quoted $2,600 as final price with no more negotiation space left. The buyer came with $2,000 by saying the budget doesn’t allow to move above any more. After around 15 days, out of the blue, the buyer came back and accepted the offer. Once again, we used Uniregistry checkout to complete the transfer and payment procedure.

ChicagoSurgical.com – There have been rare instances where we acquired domain names in bulk deal and this was one of them. Acquired for low 3 figures couple of years back and sold via Afternic BIN for $1,988.

GymMaster.com – Love to have such 2 word brandable domains in portfolio. This took bit too long to close the deal. Got $13,500 opening offer via Afternic broker. The listed price was $19,888 BIN. After going back and forth several times with the broker, we finally closed the deal for $15,000.

HammerApp.com – Sold via Afternic BIN for $1,588.

RegulatoryRisk.com – Sold via Sedo BIN for $1,988. Held this domain for more than 5 years.

CheeseMongers.com – Acquired this domain more than 6 years back. Received direct inquiry via Uniregistry lander and $3,988 was quoted for which initially $3,000 was made. This wasn’t bad offer at all considering the number of years the domain was held and some 3 figs was invested as well. After giving the best price we would accept was $3,750, the buyer immediately accepted. Once again we used Uniregistry checkout which worked very smoothly.

4CEE.com – Creativity and brand-ability is involved in this domain. Acquired this domain several years back and was having BIN of $2,588. Sold at BIN price via Afternic.

GlowupBeauty.com – This was an interesting domain sale. Acquired the domain late August this year for low 3 figures. Put up the domain for $1,988 BIN and was sold via Afternic. With 60 days transfer lock period, domain remained with me for a month period and was later transferred to Afternic.

Kalpavruksha.com – Domain was acquired earlier this year via GoDaddy Auctions for 2 figures and some time back sold for $1,988 BIN via Afternic. During the entire period of holding the domain, got several inquiries via Uniregistry broker and direct lead. However, nothing worked as buyer got stuck at $1,200 and $1,500. I remained firm at $1,988 with no interest to negotiate.

Online-Auto.com – I’m not fond of buying hyphenated domains. However, paying $59 isn’t that bad either for such a domain. Acquired it last year and sold via Afternic BIN for $1,988.

SimplyHis.com – Another domain acquired for $59 last year. And also sold via Afternic BIN for $1,988.

Cloud22.com – This domain was acquired around mid this year for 3 figures. Received direct inquiry and quoted $5,888. The buyer was very nice gentleman to deal with and a good negotiator as well. Buyer initially offered $4,000. We quoted $5,500. After several exchanges of emails, the buyer raised his offer to $4,500. At the end, we both agreed to finalize the deal at $5,000 and sealed the deal via Sedo escrow where the buyer paid the Sedo escrow fee as well.

Mmmore.com – Another domain acquired for $59 and later sold via Afternic BIN for $1,988.

It’s obvious that BIN sales are working the best and the best platform for selling BIN domains is Afternic. Since I’ve been sharing my domain sales and acquisitions, at the same time I would like to share that now the portfolio consists of 3,300 domains. The sale ratio is 2-2.5% per year and targeting towards 3% in 2020.

•••
Holocare.com $22,500 (inc escrow fees).

Bought 4/5 years ago for $500.

Inbound via uniregistry.

Aprelle.com $12,000

Bought on Namepros four years ago for $10.

BIN on Afternic

•••
I dont't normally share my sales but here are a few ones I sold this month.

WGF.com 18k
Workstation.com $35k
KPH.com $25k

•••
•••
Deal was closed and payment was received this week!

SOLD : $14,000 USD
D/e/F/i/C/r/e/d/i/t/S/c/o/r/e (.com)

Inbound negotiated, took a while to get this one done, but it finalized.

163063E5-7B3A-4C85-9569-A5AF0C637258.jpeg

Last edited:
•••
Domain Name: OpenGPT.com

Sale venue: Dan.com
Sale price: $18,995
Purchase venue: Moniker
Purchase price: $9 registration fee (registered July 2020)
Hold Time: 3 Years + 4 Months

•••
Sales for May 2020:

lioness dot co ... $3000
BIN via Afternic

microtek dot co ... $1495
BIN via Afternic

pixelperfect dot co ... $1495
BIN via Afternic

rubrik dot co ... $749
BIN via DAN lander

gosafe dot co ... $749
BIN via Afternic

sosocial dot co ... $749
BIN via Afternic

herbivore dot co ... $749
BIN via Afternic

firstpage dot co ... $749
BIN via Afternic

booming dot co ... $700
MakeOffer via DAN lander

•••
Sold Overloop.com for $42,888.

More details here.

•••
Sold bestcrypto com for 85k
Private inbound through a broker
Purchased 1.5k in 2019

No further details.

•••
I sold hyperbolic .xyz on Afternic for $1000. The sale was late September 22, but due to the registry/backend 60 day lock after a transfer, the sale could not close until October (in end they accepted a push at registrar, but at first were waiting for GD transfer possible).

I only do inbound. I had a somewhat higher BIN price, and a bit higher floor price, but Afternic agent came to me with offer, which I appreciated. After inability to negotiate higher, I accepted.

I had created name in 2000. Renewed it twice, including the renewal via transfer just before sale.

While not a super common term, was attracted to the meaning: e.g. a hyperbolic orbit is one with sufficient energy to overcome gravity and travel to infinity. I thought this was a nice analogy for various types of businesses and marketing, unlimited growth and success.

The name is already in redirection use by the buyer, for a web3 peer-to-peer service offering token transfer, NFT exchange, P2P lending.
hyperbolicXYZ-AfternicCrop.png

Last edited:
•••
Some sales for April 2020...

klick dot co ... $5500
MakeOffer via DAN lander

oneclick dot co ... $5000
MakeOffer via DAN lander

seedbank dot co ... $900
MakeOffer via DAN lander

kaufman dot co ... $750
MakeOffer via DAN lander

statiq dot co ... $749
BIN via DAN lander

dolla dot co ... $725
BIN via Afternic

growthmarketing dot co ... $550
MakeOffer via DAN lander

Last edited:
•••
Sold: PlanetNFT.com
Sale venue: Landing page (epik.com)
Listing type: Buy-It-Now
Listing upgrades: none
Seller: Me
Asking price: $49999
Sale price: $49999
Purchase venue: handreg Jan 2021
Purchase price: $8.49
Details: registered around 14 keyword +nft domains when I first heard the term. Some great ones were available so I guess I was early. This is my first keyword+nft domain sale.

•••
Haters will say this is Fake but while they were busy pulling down their fellow domainers, casting aspersions, calling them lier who fakes sales, I was looking for opportunities and since I couldn't afford the 4 figure Auction names, I looked for overlooked keywords in Web3 and Crypto.

This is my second XYZ sale out of a little over 200 that I hold.

Hand Crafted in December 2021 for $0.69
Sold for $10500

Without the generous sharing/reporting of sales by @DNGear , this would not have been possible.
Grateful to her and all the others who bring a positivity to the industry.

Screenshot 2022-04-07 at 9.53.58 AM.png

•••
My first 5 fig sale.
Domain name: Alien // Bet // (dot) // com
Lander: DAN
Listing type: BIN + Make offer
Asking price: USD 14,888
Sale price: USD 11,000
Hold time: 6 months

Last edited:
•••
Chroma.xyz sold for $40000 @Afternic
Lore.xyz sold for $40000 @Afternic
Mantle.xyz sold for $23420 @undeveloped
Recursive.xyz sold for $8000 @Afternic
Homage.xyz sold for $7888 @Afternic

No further details please. Thank you.

•••
Today I wanted to share another domain sale with complete detail of how it started and the deal was wrapped up successfully.

The domain I sold is Quaestor.com which was the oldest domain by creation date I owned until it sold. It was initially registered in 1994 but I acquired in 2018 for around $1100 via GoDaddy Auctions.

The inquiry came in via Uniregistry lander and I quoted price of $26,888. The buyer countered with $3000. After exchanging several emails and asking to come close to quoted price, the buyer revised his offer to $6,000.

Again after more communication, I said to present an offer of over $20,000 to get into negotiation.

With no response, I gave my final price of $25,000 with 7 days to accept. The buyer came in August and offered $10,000 but only after the 7 days period was over.

Sticking firm to the final price, the buyer came again in October and presented $15,000 offer to which I declined by informing the price is reverted back to $26,888 which was initially quoted because the offer of $25,000 was valid for 7 days only.

There was once again silence until the buyer came again in November by asking if I’m willing to negotiate as they’ve to decide and move on within a week period.

During this silence period of more than a month, I already upped the price at all marketplaces to $29,888 so I informed the buyer new price at all marketplaces but if he is still willing to buy, I can offer $26,000 to you only which is valid until the end of November.

Buyer immediately accepted and we used Sedo escrow and buyer paid the Sedo commission.

At one stage the domain was offered for $25,000 but ultimately sold for $26,000 to the same buyer. Every time you need to grab the offer at the right time, but you’re not always sure what’s that perfect time. We keep learning from our and others experiences. What best we can do is to keep learning all the time and improving ourselves.

•••
I acquired TruthTeller.com privately on 8th October 2020 for $500. I put up $19,888 BIN and Floor price at Afternic and on 13th October 2020, I received an email informing me about the domain getting sold via Fast Transfer for $19,888.

On the other hand, my fastest sale to date remains the same – Textbooks.CO which I sold in 24 hours back in 2013 via outbound marketing.

I’m glad that my second fastest sale also happened to be in the 5 figures range.

•••
Hello and Assalamo Alaikum,

It’s been just couple of weeks coming to Malaysia and right after relocating, I sold couple of domains and that too within 24 hours. It was really surprising and very satisfying to have 2 domain sales and that too of five figures! Having couple of five figures that quickly is a personal record. Credit to the hard working brokers and Afternic team.

Both of them happened via Afternic.

First sale was of DarkWallet.com which I originally listed for sale at $29,888 BIN both at Sedo and Afternic. Usually all my pricing is same at every marketplace. The buyer came via Afternic broker and initially offered $20,000. However, after going back and forth, we settled for $25,000 gross.

Next sale was definitely surprising which happened after DarkWallet.com sale where the buyer simply hit the BIN and paid $19,888 for it. The domain was BusinessChecking.com

The total acquisition costs for both domains was around $1,000.

Looks like the start of this new journey of moving to Malaysia has started fantastically well and hope it continues to keep ticking up only.

Feel free to comment no matter how good or good that is 😉

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back