IT.COM

various Report Completed Domain Name Sales Here

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

RJ

Domain BuyerTop Member
Impact
This thread is a central location to report domain name sales of any dollar amount.

As much information as you can include about the transaction is welcome, but at a bare minimum please include the domain name(s), the sale price, and whether you were the seller.

Good luck with your sales!

Please use the Like and Thank links on a post to indicate that you like it or are thankful for it being shared.

Do not post only, "great sale" or similar as this doesn't contribute to the thread. (Don't reply for the sole purpose of complimenting.)
  • Tip: Use the Like/Thanks feature instead.

Questions are allowed, but do not post commentary. If you want to discuss or comment on a sale in this thread, quote it and then post it in the following thread instead:

Suggested template (bold details are required):

Domain name:

Sale venue:​
Listing type:​
Listing upgrades:​
Seller:​
Asking price:​
Sale price:​
Purchase venue:​
Purchase price:​
Details:​

Suggested values / explanations:
  • Sale venue: Sold at NamePros, outbound direct, inbound direct, etc.
  • Listing type: Make Offer, Fixed price, Auction, Auction with Buy-It-Now, Reverse auction, etc.
  • Listing upgrades: Premium package, featured listing, etc.
  • Seller: me, a friend, a friend of a friend, a colleague, someone else, unknown, etc.
  • Purchase venue: Where (and the year) the seller purchased the domain name originally.
  • Details: Any additional details about the domain name like how you bought it, how long you had it before it sold, its age, etc.

Examples:

Domain name: ThisDomain.com​
Sale venue: NamePros (2016)​
Listing type: Make offer with Buy-It-Now​
Listing upgrades: Featured listing​
Seller: Me​
Asking price: $950​
Sale price: $830​
Purchase venue: NamePros (2015)​
Purchase price: $25​
Details: Acquired from a reseller. 5 years old domain. Had for 1 year before resold.​

Domain name: ThatDomain.com​
Sale venue: GoDaddy Auctions (2012)​
Listing type: 7-day Public Auction​
Listing upgrades: N/A​
Seller: Someone else​
Asking price: N/A​
Sale price: $60​
Purchase venue: Hand registration (2009)​
Purchase price: $8​
Details: I watched its auction. The auction description said it was hand-registered the same day it dropped (from expiration).​

Important:
  • If you don't want to provide any other information about the sale besides what you've posted, then include "no further details" or "NFD" in your post.

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
A / u / t / u / e / r (.com)
Dan, $2175 BIN (transferred and paid)
Reg. fee + one renewal

Frankly, I've got no idea why this sold. I can usually tell why someone would buy a name I’ve sold, but here I’m at a loss. I regged it two years ago, along with a few other typos of a one word domain I own and I was planning on developing at the time. I was probably going to drop it next month.

Maybe the buyer thought this was the correct spelling, in which case I feel kind of sorry. I have the correct spelling listed at $80k, so if they come around and want to buy that, I’ll give them $2k off.

•••
virtualor.jpg

closeout+one renewal ($30ish invested)
hold time one year

•••
fearsale-e1588904116479.png

----------------------------------------------------

Domain name: FearOfMissingOut / com
Sale venue: Afternic
Sale type: BIN

Asking price: $8,337
Sale price: $8,337

Purchase price: $150
Purchased: Namepros
Hold time: 16 months

Really excited about this one. And not just because it was long 4 WORD domain. The more interesting part is that I purchased this name from a NP member a little over a year ago.

This sale is proof that you CAN find great deals here on the forum if you know how to find them. This isn’t the only domain I’ve made a healthy ROI from a NP purchase but definitely the highest yet.

No further details

Last edited:
•••
•••
Domain name: FearOfMissingOut / com
Sale venue: Afternic
Sale type: BIN

Asking price: $8,337
Sale price: $8,337

The buyer certainly had fear of missing out on this name, congrats on this great sale,

•••
I sold Safeology.com on Afternic for $10,000 last week. I had it priced at $5,999 before than pandemic, but realized this name had enhanced value now so I moved to a make offer minimum 10k. I got a price request so I tried $19,975 just to see if they’d bite or counter. There was no response for 2 days so I called the Afternic brokerage and they reached out to him. His best offer was 10k, so I closed the deal.
I believe it was hand regged around 10 years ago, if not it was very cheap or a closeout.

•••
D e p o D i r e c t .com
Sold for $2,299 at Squadhelp
Cost $15 (holding time 15 months)
Net profit $1,494
Thanks

•••
purily / . com
handreg from the drop 2016 / November
4 renewals

offer received at dan
€ 2000
accepted

3 days later buyer claims to have no cash to pay

we offer € 500 downpayment plus €100 / month installments
they said they can't afford

we changed BIN to € 5000

after a few days buyer asked if we can honor the deal
we do agree

payment received by dan a few days later

€ 1800 net

•••
Video /./ link
Dan, $7350
Premium reg. fee + one renewal ($220 total)

I thought this was a nice across the dot fit, I‘d had my eye on it for about a year before I grabbed it on the drop, but the previous owner wouldn’t budge at my $xxx offers. Ended up dropping, I caught it, and then nothing happened for a year. When it came up for renewal recently, I wasn’t quite sure whether it’s worth another $110 — but I happened to see it up for auction at Dynadot and realized Porkbun expired names go through Dynadot auctions. It had a fair few bids, up to $450 or so if I remember correctly, so I thought, what the hell, let’s sink another $110 and renew it.

I had a $9188 price on it at Dan and I got an email from Dan team that a buyer offered $7350 as their maximum, so I took it.

•••
Sold Fin/sie/.com for $1800, net $1751 after transaction fees.

The advantage of selling on your own website, lower transaction fees.

Hand registered from expired names in 2018. Really liked the name, because anyone can tell right away that it is for finance related services. Was listed for $3.5K, but agreed to the offer, because really liked the startup's idea. Not sure how it made to expired, but takes hours of sifting through to find a name like that, so I rarely look there.

Venue: https://Rightbrand.com

The name was not listed yet, but was forwarding to Rightbrand general landing page.

Contact via site chat, then phone call, email negotiation. Great person that I will be consulting on branding further.

•••
WarrantyAnalysis/////king sold through Dan. cost reg fee. held for 5mths. 100$ offer tried and pushed it to $350

DashCameras///////co reg with dynadot promo sold $100 via Dan same day.

•••
LendSmart (dot co)
Afternic, $1788 BIN
99c purchase at Godaddy in February.

Following in the steps of @Nikul Sanghvi I’ve been keeping an eye on .co more seriously since last year, regging batches of a couple of hundred every time a good promo comes around. Though I usually price most under $1k, with this last batch I started testing some higher prices - this is the first sale.

•••
Socratic.App Sold

Afternic, $1888 BIN

After Commission $1510.40

•••
•••
upgraded,,home,,,..com....$500...dan offr no outbound..<50$ np buy... 2-3 renewals

top,10,,,,,,,,.io.....$1200...gd offr no outbound.. 2yr handreg

•••
Last edited:
•••
•••
upgraded,,home,,,..com....$500...dan offr no outbound..<50$ np buy... 2-3 renewals

top,10,,,,,,,,.io.....$1200...gd offr no outbound.. 2yr handreg
Top10.io is the first domain I own. I sold it for $100 in 2015. I'm glad you sold it for a real good price. Congratulations

•••
Domain Name: O z z / c o
Sale Venue: GoDaddy
Listing Type: Buy-It-Now
Sale Price: $500
Purchase Venue: GoDaddy Expired Auctions in 2016
Purchase Price: I believe it was around $120. Can't remember exactly.
Portfolio Size: <60
Details: I mainly purchase domains for outbound, but I do have a small portfolio of domains I like to list on different marketplaces. This was the only LLL.co I had and my pricing was much higher when I first acquired it, but I kind of lost faith as the years went by. I see that the buyer is the CEO of a company based in 3 countries. I probably undersold it but I'm still learning :xf.smile:

Last edited:
•••
Screenshot_20200511_120120_com.google.android.gm.jpg
Handreg at Good Mood!
Sale Price: $350
Venue: Afternic
Hold Time: 8 Months

•••
•••
Top10.,,..,.,.io is the first domain I own. I sold it for $100 in 2015. I'm glad you sold it for a real good price. Congratulations

ty ... io has come long way indeed. all the best.

•••
Last Week Sales.

Stream(.vc)
Sell Price :$3500
Buy Price :$150 incl 1 renewal
Hold Time : 14 Mts
Outbound, took about 6 mts too close.

CineRobotics(.Com)
Sell Price :$1100
Buy Price :$12
Hold Time : 9 Mts
Afternic Inbound

•••
All // Factors dot com sold at sedo auction
$250 offer got them to $1,000 and started auction, sold for $1,100
Bought at auction for $20 last August
Almost didn't want to let it go so cheap, could be nice for any consulting firm. A sale is a sale is a sale :xf.wink:

•••
tech // host dot net also went to sedo auction.
vietnamese buyer, assume upgrade from .vn
They sent highest offer of $275, I was tired of looking at this handreg from 2011 so I was happy to double my money.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back