IT.COM

various Report Completed Domain Name Sales Here

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

RJ

Domain BuyerTop Member
Impact
This thread is a central location to report domain name sales of any dollar amount.

As much information as you can include about the transaction is welcome, but at a bare minimum please include the domain name(s), the sale price, and whether you were the seller.

Good luck with your sales!

Please use the Like and Thank links on a post to indicate that you like it or are thankful for it being shared.

Do not post only, "great sale" or similar as this doesn't contribute to the thread. (Don't reply for the sole purpose of complimenting.)
  • Tip: Use the Like/Thanks feature instead.

Questions are allowed, but do not post commentary. If you want to discuss or comment on a sale in this thread, quote it and then post it in the following thread instead:

Suggested template (bold details are required):

Domain name:

Sale venue:​
Listing type:​
Listing upgrades:​
Seller:​
Asking price:​
Sale price:​
Purchase venue:​
Purchase price:​
Details:​

Suggested values / explanations:
  • Sale venue: Sold at NamePros, outbound direct, inbound direct, etc.
  • Listing type: Make Offer, Fixed price, Auction, Auction with Buy-It-Now, Reverse auction, etc.
  • Listing upgrades: Premium package, featured listing, etc.
  • Seller: me, a friend, a friend of a friend, a colleague, someone else, unknown, etc.
  • Purchase venue: Where (and the year) the seller purchased the domain name originally.
  • Details: Any additional details about the domain name like how you bought it, how long you had it before it sold, its age, etc.

Examples:

Domain name: ThisDomain.com​
Sale venue: NamePros (2016)​
Listing type: Make offer with Buy-It-Now​
Listing upgrades: Featured listing​
Seller: Me​
Asking price: $950​
Sale price: $830​
Purchase venue: NamePros (2015)​
Purchase price: $25​
Details: Acquired from a reseller. 5 years old domain. Had for 1 year before resold.​

Domain name: ThatDomain.com​
Sale venue: GoDaddy Auctions (2012)​
Listing type: 7-day Public Auction​
Listing upgrades: N/A​
Seller: Someone else​
Asking price: N/A​
Sale price: $60​
Purchase venue: Hand registration (2009)​
Purchase price: $8​
Details: I watched its auction. The auction description said it was hand-registered the same day it dropped (from expiration).​

Important:
  • If you don't want to provide any other information about the sale besides what you've posted, then include "no further details" or "NFD" in your post.

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Holocare.com $22,500 (inc escrow fees).

Bought 4/5 years ago for $500.

Inbound via uniregistry.

Aprelle.com $12,000

Bought on Namepros four years ago for $10.

BIN on Afternic

•••
Holocare.com $22,500 (inc escrow fees).

Bought 4/5 years ago for $500.

Inbound via uniregistry.

Aprelle.com $12,000

Bought on Namepros four years ago for $10.

BIN on Afternic

great sale, why " Aprelle" sell that amount?

•••
Pizza//investments
Afternic, sold 3/14/2020 for $344 BIN
Hand registered at GoDaddy for $10.47
Hold time 7 months
(Estibot fair market value $7,200(n) if someone is interested to know:xf.smile:)

•••
Bought for $22. 3.5 months ago on Godaddy Expired Auctions.

upload_2020-3-14_19-8-48.png

•••
Sold yesterday:
estudio.png

Bought for $15 here in Nov 2019 from @kriss05 (thanks man :) )

•••
Brigh\town . com , 1000, DAN, inbound.

•••
Name: B/u/l/k/Tinctures.com
Sale Price: $420
Venue: Afternic
Hold Time: 9 months
Total Cost: $6.99

Saw this term when I was at a trade show for work. Registered it and slapped an easy BIN on it. 👍🏽

•••
Purchased for $15
Hold time: 1 yr 3 months
BIN at Afternic

upload_2020-3-17_2-26-11.png

•••
cstories-np.png

Name: /c/or/on/a/st/or/i/es/d//o/t/c/om
Sale Price: $699
Venue: Afternic
Hold Time: 3 weeks
Total Cost: $2.99

Hand reg. Another one sold where the buyer will have to wait a bit.

Last edited:
•••
It’s special (hard) times, so I will try to share as much as I can to keep up the optimism/momentum in the industry. Hope everyone is holding up.
Just sold a name today through Sedo fast transfer. Have a few other transactions that are agreed to but are taking longer than usual to close, one client specifically stated was hesitant on price because of the virus situation and as a result - change of business plans, but I think most transactions should close.

Name: c r o p i n s u r e . c o m
Listed price: $3200
Sold price: $3200
Acquisition cost: $xx
Hold time: a bit less than 3 years
Net: $2560
Offer history: had one interested party in 2017, but stayed firm on price and rejected.

Last edited:
•••
couple sales for me... all gd makeoffer .. no outbound.. < 1-3yr handregs

ftv
.io... 450$

the////wallet
.info.....$450

Last edited:
•••
Would like to share this one, because the common belief is that made up names are hard to sell by themselves (especially for decent prices), but I've sold quite a bit of 5-6 letter invented brandables through direct type in or Afternic, mostly for around $2-3k range depending on quality.

Just received the second payment today for a name I recently sold. It was one of the first names I owned, from the drop in 2016. Below are the details:

Name: M o r i g o . c o m
Listed for: $1900
Sold Price: $1650 (I normally offer at most 10-15% off to help close a sale, payment plans also help sometimes, but I don't enable the payment plan option by default so most sales still come in one payment.)
Venue: Dan direct landing page
Additional details: 12 month payment plan, 9% commission

Last edited:
•••
Would like to share this one, because the common belief is that made up names are hard to sell by themselves (especially for decent prices), but I've sold quite a bit of 5-6 letter invented brandables through direct type in or Afternic, mostly for around $2-3k range depending on quality.

Just received the second payment today for a name I recently sold. It was one of the first names I owned, from the drop in 2016. Below are the details:

Name: M o r i g o . c o m
Listed for: $1900
Sold Price: $1650 (I normally offer at most 10-15% off to help close a sale, payment plans also help sometimes, but I don't enable the payment plan option by default so most sales still come in one payment.)
Venue: Dan direct landing page
Additional details: 12 month payment plan, 9% commission

Congrats, how many similar (made up) names you own?

•••
Congrats, how many similar (made up) names you own?

Up to the end of last year I had around 1500 names that are between 5-6 letters, can't tell you exactly how many of those are made-up right now. Some have root words, some don't. It's something I need to figure out and work on to evaluate my own performance as well.

I did a quick calculation, sold over 40 names that are 5-6 letters in 2019. Again, some have root words/meaning, some don't. I think the most important metric everyone should know is your sell through rate - for both the overall portfolio and specific segments, and fine tune them over time. Will make a longer post in a separate thread about sales stats in the future.

Last edited:
•••
@brandsly you’ve become my hero :xf.smile:

thanks for sharing, wish more sales for you

Samer

Last edited:
•••
G/e/o/-/t/e/c in king
Sold for $1750
Make offer, Sedo
Purchased $14 + 1 renewal

•••
Name: Scooter/J/o/b/s.com
Sale Price: $21
Venue: NameLiquidate
Hold Time: 1 year and 9 months
Total Cost: $7.99

First time trying out NameLiquidate.com with some names. Ihmo a great platform for names you are trying to offload or will not renew.

Thanks @Rob Monster and @Ala Dadan for building it. :)

Last edited:
•••
Name: U/V/Sanitizer/.com

Sale Price: $6500

Hold Time: 16 months

Total cost: $17

This was an expiry domain.

While product category domains are not known to be hot sellers, sometimes they hit.

The inquiry came in this morning via an Epik SSL lander. I opened at $20,000 and settled at $6500. Left some money on the table for the next guy.

Obviously with the worldwide shortage of hand sanitizer products there is a mad dash to other solutions. I imagine there are more of these domains to be sold out there. Find them and bring them to Epik.

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
Sold a golden ‘oldie of my domains. Set the price low for this domain and left a lot of money on the table but will allow me to hang on too many quality domains for the upcoming downturn covering a few months of renewals until the next sale…

Domain: GoSwordfish (com)

Venue: Sedo

Price: $2499

BTW… Sedo has done great lately….

•••
Name: Alloy/ed.com

Sale price; $36,000

Hold time: 15 months

Total cost
: $17

This was a moonshot. The inquiry came inbound from an Epik SSL lander. I asked for $100K and the negotiation took months. For the right buyer, it is $100K. This buyer did not have that. We settled at $36K.

Domains ending with "ed" are popular. They are past participle form of verbs. These domains make great brandables. If folks have them, happy to check them out.

•••
U/jet/.app and U/jet/.ai
Sold: $2520 (.app) and $2500 (.ai). Total $5020
Bought: $28 (.app registration + renewal)) and $350 (.ai registration + renewal)
Sale type: Inbound
Hold time: 18 months ( .app) and 25 months ( .ai)
Transaction Enabler: Escrow (choice of buyer)

In bound inquiry received for just the .app domain. Offered .ai alongside. No further details

•••
Eth/.Exchange/.com - Bought privately for $500 - 10 months ago.
Sold on NP for $1,600.

I really like this name and think it has a lot of potential for an end-user sale. but I wanted to liquidate it to invest in other domains.

•••
Sold on NP for $1,600.

I really like this name and think it has a lot of potential for an end-user sale. but I wanted to liquidate it to invest in other domains.
great .
How did u sell? sell domain? auction? or request? How did u find the buyer?

•••
Sold on NP for $1,600.

tats nice roi. there arent realy many eth/ether/ethereum sales happening, but you had one of best keywords.. if not the best.. exchange....else its not easy sales. happy reinvesting.

•••
great .
How did u sell? sell domain? auction? or request? How did u find the buyer?
I just posted that it is for sale for $1,600 - non negotiable and it was sold.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back