Dynadot

various Report Completed Domain Name Sales Here

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

RJ

Domain BuyerTop Member
Impact
This thread is a central location to report domain name sales of any dollar amount.

As much information as you can include about the transaction is welcome, but at a bare minimum please include the domain name(s), the sale price, and whether you were the seller.

Good luck with your sales!

Please use the Like and Thank links on a post to indicate that you like it or are thankful for it being shared.

Do not post only, "great sale" or similar as this doesn't contribute to the thread. (Don't reply for the sole purpose of complimenting.)
  • Tip: Use the Like/Thanks feature instead.

Questions are allowed, but do not post commentary. If you want to discuss or comment on a sale in this thread, quote it and then post it in the following thread instead:

Suggested template (bold details are required):

Domain name:

Sale venue:​
Listing type:​
Listing upgrades:​
Seller:​
Asking price:​
Sale price:​
Purchase venue:​
Purchase price:​
Details:​

Suggested values / explanations:
  • Sale venue: Sold at NamePros, outbound direct, inbound direct, etc.
  • Listing type: Make Offer, Fixed price, Auction, Auction with Buy-It-Now, Reverse auction, etc.
  • Listing upgrades: Premium package, featured listing, etc.
  • Seller: me, a friend, a friend of a friend, a colleague, someone else, unknown, etc.
  • Purchase venue: Where (and the year) the seller purchased the domain name originally.
  • Details: Any additional details about the domain name like how you bought it, how long you had it before it sold, its age, etc.

Examples:

Domain name: ThisDomain.com​
Sale venue: NamePros (2016)​
Listing type: Make offer with Buy-It-Now​
Listing upgrades: Featured listing​
Seller: Me​
Asking price: $950​
Sale price: $830​
Purchase venue: NamePros (2015)​
Purchase price: $25​
Details: Acquired from a reseller. 5 years old domain. Had for 1 year before resold.​

Domain name: ThatDomain.com​
Sale venue: GoDaddy Auctions (2012)​
Listing type: 7-day Public Auction​
Listing upgrades: N/A​
Seller: Someone else​
Asking price: N/A​
Sale price: $60​
Purchase venue: Hand registration (2009)​
Purchase price: $8​
Details: I watched its auction. The auction description said it was hand-registered the same day it dropped (from expiration).​

Important:
  • If you don't want to provide any other information about the sale besides what you've posted, then include "no further details" or "NFD" in your post.

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Sold Canna/Crystals.com on Afternic via Fast transfer for $799. Bought roughly 3 yrs ago for $52.

•••
Just a couple small sales in the past few days. Glad to get rid of them since they were just eating up renewal fees with little potential upside. I only recently priced the majority of my names in mid-2022 which has definitely increased sales.

---

Domain Name: socialites.net

Sale venue: Afternic
Listing type: Buy Now
Listed price: $795
Sale price: $795
Purchase venue: Unknown
Purchase price: Unknown but probably around $60
Hold Time: Unknown but guessing 10+ years

---

Domain Name: infringements.org

Listing type: Buy Now
Listed price: $695
Sale price: $695
Purchase venue: Snapnames
Purchase price: $59
Hold Time: 14 years

•••
Reactor.xyz sold for $45000 @efty.com

No further details please. Thank you.

Attachments

• Reactor.png
    Reactor.png
    90.7 KB · Views: 248
•••
Untitled.png

( Tiny bitsy sale here, unlike @DNGear 's .... )

Sedo BIN, hold time 1.5 years. Hand reg.

Although handreg, I've always been sure it will sell. I'm beginning to have a better hand at handregs as the portion of my sales from those has increased lately. Have a few more and even declined a similar offer for another name right from the same handreg small batch.

Still good for the bank though. Another one in the can.

Edit: With handregs, passing around the old tip: Definitely use a spear, not a net.

My recent personal rule with handregs is to get just a couple if/when I have a good idea. OR, if it seems an dang excellent investment, never go above 10 domains total. Just keep the 10 best ones (or less) and simply ditch the rest.
Use your number there (5 would be even better I guess)

Last edited:
•••
H o f f m a n L a n d s c a p i n g.com
sold for $200
DAN
Hand reg for $4.99 DirectNic, 10 months ago

•••
Rest of my '2022 sales... Not many to add. Also, had a few installment sales but i won't report them until paid off anymore.

1677513965006.png

•••
1677514292757.png

That's it for me for 2022... Soon will post some '23 sales.

•••
Rest of my '2022 sales... Not many to add. Also, had a few installment sales but i won't report them until paid off anymore.

Show attachment 232992

Kinda sad about one of your sales but congrats lol. I was the previous owner of realness .TLD

Had it listed on afternic for 1 year at $500. No offers. Tried liquidating many times on namepros for under $100 but no takers so dropped it in 2021. Guess I should have renewed once more lol but .co renewals on epik were crazy high..

Didn't have success with .co. I had around 300 I bought during the epik $1 promo & only managed to sell like 5 in a bulk deal to Ammar K. for $500 including Dirham .co (UAE currency)..

I found these names after spending 4 hours everyday scanning expired domains. I had many decent words and first names in .co including Khabib .co, Reynold .co..

The one I didn't expect to sell was apartheid .co in 2021. I received a £1000 offer and immediately accepted because it was my first ever .co offer..

I believe it was COVID lockdown inspired as apartheid was a trending term during that period. Buyer took 1 month to pay but DAN team did an amazing follow up and assured me the buyer would pay although I kinda stopped believing after 2 weeks..

I could have probably negotiated higher though. I might get back into .co but it's hard to know what to buy in that extension..

Last edited:
•••
- Sold BIN today , My first sale for meta domain .
- Hand reg on july 2021 at epik promo cost 0.99 .
- Fast process from afternic , sale happened afternoon & payment received same day midnight .

1677545953255.png

.​

•••
L I B E R T Y P E T I T I O N S (.) C O M
Sales Venue: GoDaddy
Sales Price: $200
Sales Type: Inbound
Cost: Reg. Fee
Hold Time: ~1.5 year
Domain Portfolio Size: 300+

This one is special. This was the first domain I bought as a domain investor back in 2021. I swear I love this industry!

•••
L I B E R T Y P E T I T I O N S (.) C O M
Sales Venue: GoDaddy
Sales Price: $200
Sales Type: Inbound
Cost: Reg. Fee
Hold Time: ~1.5 year
Domain Portfolio Size: 300+

This one is special. This was the first domain I bought as a domain investor back in 2021. I swear I love this industry!
Are you sure?

I checked whois and it has been registered today

•••
Are you sure?

I checked whois and it has been registered today
Glad to see to people checking. Allow me to elaborate and provide evidence. Long story short, I forgot to renew. This domain sold on on godaddy BIN. shortly after receiving the "Sold" notification I purchased the domain again. Got the auth code and pushed.
Capture.PNG

•••
Glad to see to people checking. Allow me to elaborate and provide evidence. Long story short, I forgot to renew. This domain sold on on godaddy BIN. shortly after receiving the "Sold" notification I purchased the domain again. Got the auth code and pushed.
Is it the same story with this and this domain?

•••
Hand reg .com
Venue: Dan
Sale price: $800(Make Offer)
Hold time: 24 month.

•••
Domain Name: battlepass.com

Sale venue: Dan
Listing type: Buy Now/Make Offer
Listed price: $48,995
Sale price: $40,000
Purchase venue: GoDaddy
Purchase price: $3,363
Hold Time: 2 years

I didn't realize this, but if the buyer pays by wire (which they did) they get a 1% discount and therefore I get charged an extra 1% commission, making my total commission 16%.

•••
drop reg, hold time 9 months, switched landers to afternic ns3 , ns4 beginning of February (previously pointing to Dan). no further details.

FqHtgOhWAAEVNp4

•••
Four .xyz sales from the last quarter of 2022. All were purchased for 99 cents, held for less than a year, and sold on Afternic.

Domain: Star // Bay .[xyz]
Sale price : $988 (BIN)

Domain: New // Fi .[xyz]
Sale price : $988 (BIN)

Domain: Mint // Now .[xyz]
Sale price : $499 (BIN)

Domain: Micro // Flow .[xyz]
Sale price : $499 (BIN)

My 1-year .xyz experiment concluded successfully. I purchased a little more than 800 domains for 99 cents each, and made around 5.5x in pure profit.

After letting them drop, I have now re-registered the 130 best ones for $2 each.

•••
Y_S_R .in 5500$ in daaz .com . sold yesterday and already paid to bank by daaz.com escrow via wise transfer :) they charge just 5% thats a great thing compared to other 15%+ fee.
drop caught for reg fee in 2012 ;) Buyer contacted via bodis and purchased via daaz.com bin link after negotiation .

•••
I had a two .cc sales in December, 2022, plus a small one in mid February, 2023. Here are the details:

bravo (.cc)
  • $1222 at Dan on payment plan, which completed early at end of December, 2022
  • Inbound, at BIN price.
  • I acquired the domain name a couple of years ago in a NL auction, paid a few renewals.
  • No idea on plans, the name still has DNS pointed to Dan.
Cassiopeia (.cc)
  • $500 negotiated
  • Sold late December, 2022.
  • Inbound, had BIN but from Make Offer
  • I went searching for astronomy names after wrote the articles for NamePros Blog on astronomy theme. Cassiopeia is my second favourite constellation, so excited when could acquire it on a drop alert through ExpiredDomains.
  • Held less than one year.
  • Though name long and some might spell wrong, really love the symbolism of this name!
  • It is going to be a bike shop / site geared to women riders, but not yet operational.
  • CC extension is commonly used for cycle clubs, among other things, so TLD is a natural fit for that use.
Santos (.cc)
  • $161 USD
  • Inbound, negotiated, at Dynadot Market
  • Sold Feb 15, 2023.
  • This is a very common last name, lots of business listings. I probably let go too cheap, but I asked myself could I better use the funds to acquire single words that I prefer in this TLD, and felt I could.
  • No idea on plans for use by buyer.
To keep this thread just for sales announcements, if you have questions please DM me, or if you prefer ask in the Official CC Showcase, tagging me so I will see it. Thanks!

-Bob
bravoCC.png

•••
Domain: Think // Mill [.com]
Sale price : $6,000
Sale venue: Escrow.com. Contacted by broker via Whois.
Cost: $375, GoDaddy auctions
Hold time: 4 months

Fun fact: The broker claimed that his client was a "small startup". Turns out the buyer is 10-year-old company with 50 employees...

I'm still very happy with the sale, but the moral of the story is to never trust potential buyers when they mention "school projects", "small startups" and similar stories.

•••
1677958145240.png

this sale was from the middle of the last year, forgot to report it
$1 or $2 hand reg
sold in a few months

Last edited:
•••
Domain: arr/ive [.cc]
Sale price : $650
Cost: $15, Aliyun auctions
Hold time: 9 months

Attachments

• 20230307205830.jpg
    20230307205830.jpg
    168.1 KB · Views: 94
•••
Untitled.png

Discount sale.

Note, this ain't a bad name at all, but I have a LOT of similar names I'm not keen in renewing as I'm improving my portfolio a lot lately.

Sedo BIN, hold time 10 months. Sold through the partner network, not via lander (20% commission).

I'm happy with the sale though even at this lower price.

Last edited:
•••
Imagine. My. Shock. :xf.grin: - Sedo sale.
Bought for 24,95 euro in Sept 2022, backordered and caught by Dynadot.
Client paid BIN price.
The whole thing was fast. From first notification until transfer complete - 24h (Sedo MLS).
Payout - another 24h.

Good luck to All, guys.

copy.JPG

•••
Calgary/Paints /.com

$750
Afternic

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back