IT.COM

various Report Completed Domain Name Sales Here

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

RJ

Domain BuyerTop Member
Impact
This thread is a central location to report domain name sales of any dollar amount.

As much information as you can include about the transaction is welcome, but at a bare minimum please include the domain name(s), the sale price, and whether you were the seller.

Good luck with your sales!

Please use the Like and Thank links on a post to indicate that you like it or are thankful for it being shared.

Do not post only, "great sale" or similar as this doesn't contribute to the thread. (Don't reply for the sole purpose of complimenting.)
  • Tip: Use the Like/Thanks feature instead.

Questions are allowed, but do not post commentary. If you want to discuss or comment on a sale in this thread, quote it and then post it in the following thread instead:

Suggested template (bold details are required):

Domain name:

Sale venue:​
Listing type:​
Listing upgrades:​
Seller:​
Asking price:​
Sale price:​
Purchase venue:​
Purchase price:​
Details:​

Suggested values / explanations:
  • Sale venue: Sold at NamePros, outbound direct, inbound direct, etc.
  • Listing type: Make Offer, Fixed price, Auction, Auction with Buy-It-Now, Reverse auction, etc.
  • Listing upgrades: Premium package, featured listing, etc.
  • Seller: me, a friend, a friend of a friend, a colleague, someone else, unknown, etc.
  • Purchase venue: Where (and the year) the seller purchased the domain name originally.
  • Details: Any additional details about the domain name like how you bought it, how long you had it before it sold, its age, etc.

Examples:

Domain name: ThisDomain.com​
Sale venue: NamePros (2016)​
Listing type: Make offer with Buy-It-Now​
Listing upgrades: Featured listing​
Seller: Me​
Asking price: $950​
Sale price: $830​
Purchase venue: NamePros (2015)​
Purchase price: $25​
Details: Acquired from a reseller. 5 years old domain. Had for 1 year before resold.​

Domain name: ThatDomain.com​
Sale venue: GoDaddy Auctions (2012)​
Listing type: 7-day Public Auction​
Listing upgrades: N/A​
Seller: Someone else​
Asking price: N/A​
Sale price: $60​
Purchase venue: Hand registration (2009)​
Purchase price: $8​
Details: I watched its auction. The auction description said it was hand-registered the same day it dropped (from expiration).​

Important:
  • If you don't want to provide any other information about the sale besides what you've posted, then include "no further details" or "NFD" in your post.

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
g/o/o/d/t/a/b/l/e.com
Price : 26K€ (BIN)
Venue : DAN
Purchase : GD Auction $510
Hold time : 5 years

•••
Untitled.png

Afternic make offer, hold time 1.5 years.

I don't seem to have the records anymore but it's a GoDaddy closeout buy. Originally registered in 2016.

This had a BIN of $1988 and min offer of $1500 but the broker asked if I wanna sell it for lower; as they have stalled with the customer firm at $1250. Ive decided taking upon the offer, still a sensible one in my opinion.

Besides I have plenty other domains I but one needs to also put some money in the bank today as well. Should I have kept it for longer, it would probably sold for more indeed. But I'm happy with the deal for now.

Note: I like buyers that are willing to negotiate, but maybe that's just me.

•••
sale.jpg

My smallest ever sale, hopefully the largest one will come soon too :happy:

•••
Untitled.png

Afternic BIN, hold time 1 year + 2 months. Drop reg.

For this one, I decided by instinct to renew, but at the same time drop price under 4-fig, so it definitely sells before next expiry. I sometimes do that but on a limited number of names.

I knew there is demand for it, but perhaps not at a high price; and didn't intend to renew it again if unsold. It sold within a couple months after renewal. Price was obviously good, discount pricing.

•••
SOLD
Domain: Meta/Wan.com
Price: $3,888
Via: DAN
Type: BIN
Date: 4/1/23

Solid week. Woke up to this BIN sale this morning. Buyer paid waiting for DAN to accept PUSH. No further details

•••
# Domain sold today ✅🇺🇦

S t e r l i n g . c c

$1,000 via Dan (bot message said it was Afternic distribution network)
Hold time 3 years, I have kept this name as a good one word domain
I bought it from another domainer on NamePros as part of a deal - $60 for 6 non-.com names {thanks Dot(.)us!}

# Also sold this domain in March:

B e a u t y G e n e r a t i o n s . c o m

$1,000 Afternic, BIN
Hold time 4 months, handreg with Dynadot

1680565716762.png

1680564258634.png

Last edited:
•••
Untitled.png

Afternic BIN, hold time 10 months. Drop reg.

Took it because it's short but I'm not a big fan of double acronyms so i wasn't going to renew it. Reduced to make sure it sells before expiry and it sold within a week or so.

•••
U/p/s/u/r/g/e .io

Sold via Dan.com for $4000

BIN

Bought for $50 on here. Held for about 6 months I think.

Last edited:
•••
First sale ever XRcopilot (.) com $2488 BIN on Dan!

Sold last week but there were some delays so wanted to wait till it completed incase it was cancelled.

Handreg held for only 11 days, insanely lucky

•••
2 months hold
Reg fee
GPT is on fire
Screenshot_20230404_210618.jpg

Last edited:
•••
Domain Name: starterhomes.com

Sale venue: Dan
Listing type: Buy Now/Make Offer
Listed price: $12,995
Sale price: $11,000 LTO for 24 months
Purchase venue: Dan
Purchase price: $4,138
Hold Time: 6 years

I probably paid more than I should have for this domain name, so I was glad to get a x2+ on it.

Buyer and I went back and forth on price, they were sticking at $5k for a while but managed to get them to raise their offers. They mentioned they didn't have funds on-hand so I offered to increase the lease to own from 12 to 24 months. They also considered another domain extension if this deal didn't go through, so I educated them on the customer confusion and loss of traffic to the .com

•••
Domain Name: starterhomes.com

Sale venue: Dan
Listing type: Buy Now/Make Offer
Listed price: $12,995
Sale price: $11,000 LTO for 24 months
Purchase venue: Dan
Purchase price: $4,138
Hold Time: 6 years

I probably paid more than I should have for this domain name, so I was glad to get a x2+ on it.

Buyer and I went back and forth on price, they were sticking at $5k for a while but managed to get them to raise their offers. They mentioned they didn't have funds on-hand so I offered to increase the lease to own from 12 to 24 months. They also considered another domain extension if this deal didn't go through, so I educated them on the customer confusion and loss of traffic to the .com

EDIT: buyer ended up paying in full rather than LTO, so it appears they did have funds on hand. That's why you never believe anything a buyer says - they are using every tool at their disposal to get you to lower your price. That's just the name of game. I'd rather have it paid in full so it all worked out. ;)

•••
I'm on a very nice stream of sales lately, of all price points, here's another one that just came in:

Untitled.png

This is probably one of the longest held domains, kept for 2 years, 8 months. Sedo BIN, hand reg.

I hand regged a bunch of quantum domains back then when not many were looking at this cause I knew this niche will go up in time. Good names were available, and I regged knowing I'll renew them like forever until they sell (and will not happen soon). With this sale, I'm already in profit despite the renewals.

As a side note, if kept for longer it would be worth much more.

I have however decided to price it a bit lower today; because I'm still in a financial pickle (due to other factors not related to domaining) so I need cash in the bank asap.

It seems, with domains, in many cases it's a "some money today are good" vs. "great money in the future" but you'll not get there if you end up in red and have to drop your good names, so... it was an obvious choice.

BTW all the quantum names I've dropped meantime (was less fond of them) were gulped by DC already.

Edit: Domaining is for the patient... has been said so many times on NP.

Last edited:
•••
Hand reg .com
Venue: Dan
Sale price: $800(Make Offer)
Hold time: 15 month.

•••
A BrandBucket sale.
Hand regged in Dec 2020 + 2 renewals.
Name has been hanging on BB since August 2021.
BIN purchase, no negotiations or contact.
Process and payout took about a week.

Happy hunting to All!

RightLot.JPG

•••
A/v/v. co $2750, Dan make offer.
Hand reg 2014 + renewals.

Luxe/vr.com $781, Dan make offer.
Hand reg 2014 +renewals

Line/Cosmetics.com $699 bin Afternic.
Hand reg 2013+renewals

Oran/x. com $830 Dan make offer.
Hand reg 2014 +renewals

•••
Untitled.png

Another one in the can,

Sedo BIN, hold time 10 months. Drop reg.

This one was a no-brainer to get at drop, unsure why nobody took it ahead of me.

Anyway I have priced it more competitively to get some extra cashflow this month, and it sold right after price was reduced. The buyer was probably watching it.

•••
Domain: Roc // Rentals [.com]
Sale price : $1,998
Sale venue: Afternic Fast Transfer
Cost: $9 drop reg + one renewal
Hold time: 1.5 years

This is my first sale since changing landers from Efty to Afternic about two months ago. It'll be interesting to see what happens to my sales. But with only 500 domains I'll need to wait at least a year before drawing any conclusions.

•••
G S C // Management (.) com

Sale Price:
$500 from initial $300 offer
Venue: Dan make offer
Hold time: 11 months
Cost: $6.95 (Handreg)

Last edited:
•••
Untitled.png

Another one in the can,

Afternic BIN, hold time 4 months.

This domain had 4-fig potential indeed, but I wasn't keen on finding out if it's going to need a renew or not. Bitsy too generic... although not generic enough, like a 5-letter brandable. Yeah some geo thing... probably, but anyway. So it's a good name, but not perfect - in my opinion. Definitely not a forever keeper one.

Decided to set a discount price so it sells before renewal, and it did. Happy to take that amount to the bank today.

•••
Just sold
BLM. TV
Black Lives Matter
Part from PROMO on @DAN.COM
all domains at 100 USD/each
over 500 domains

blm1.png

•••
Just a small sale on Sedo.

Wanted to point out that I had 0 sales on Sedo since 2017 (maybe few occasional low ball offers) , but in the last ~15 months I had 6 sales.

1681381779700.png

•••
Screenshot 2023-04-13 alle 14.15.58.png

Reporting my first domain sale here

Cost: $8 + $10 Renewal @ Dynadot Expired Auctions
Hold time: 2 months (Bought in Feb 2023)

•••
Untitled.png

Another one in the said can.

Afternic BIN, fast transfer not active. Hold time 8 months. Drop reg.

Since 2/3 of its year time has passed and I have a bunch of his brothers still waiting to be sold, I've reduced this to have it sold before expiry. Original price was ~ $1500.

Important notes, "disclaimer" if you want:

Be careful when discounting domains like this.

I'm adding this because I've seen plenty of cases where various domainers have sold stuff for too cheap, because they followed my discount pricing.
$1200, $999, $750 etc are also good discount levels to look at depending on the case. In other cases far lower prices than $500 might be better for you. I just don't know, you have to test test test.

Overall you might be making OR losing money depending on the price and when you apply it. it depends on a LOT of factors, such as original sales ratio, and sales ratio AFTER discounting. Do your math well.

Extra notes. I intend to reduce my stock in half now, need to move $ into something else. So I currently clear a lot of stuff, some are quite good names, this ain't bad at all. But I do have a LOT of volume since I'm one of the few drop domainers here. And my input cost is usually very small (reg fee, low priced closeouts etc), so it might NOT be feasible in your case, to discount a lot.

Again such price reductions might, or might not be applicable to you. They just make sense for me. I don't want fellow NP get hurt financially for straight mimicking what I do here. I also have 2 tiers, one is full retail starting at 2k+ and the other is below 2k - discount tier. My logic is very different for each tier, so I'm not discounting retail domains unless I discover a flaw in it or whatever.

It's not applicable in all cases so do your homework well.

Good luck selling!

•••
** Sold BIN two days ago , bought from gd closeout 2020 .
** Reduced price to get rid of it , for some domains i dont have patience to keep it more than 3 years .

1681401739049.png

.​

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back