Dynadot

various Report Completed Domain Name Sales Here

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

RJ

Domain BuyerTop Member
Impact
This thread is a central location to report domain name sales of any dollar amount.

As much information as you can include about the transaction is welcome, but at a bare minimum please include the domain name(s), the sale price, and whether you were the seller.

Good luck with your sales!

Please use the Like and Thank links on a post to indicate that you like it or are thankful for it being shared.

Do not post only, "great sale" or similar as this doesn't contribute to the thread. (Don't reply for the sole purpose of complimenting.)
  • Tip: Use the Like/Thanks feature instead.

Questions are allowed, but do not post commentary. If you want to discuss or comment on a sale in this thread, quote it and then post it in the following thread instead:

Suggested template (bold details are required):

Domain name:

Sale venue:​
Listing type:​
Listing upgrades:​
Seller:​
Asking price:​
Sale price:​
Purchase venue:​
Purchase price:​
Details:​

Suggested values / explanations:
  • Sale venue: Sold at NamePros, outbound direct, inbound direct, etc.
  • Listing type: Make Offer, Fixed price, Auction, Auction with Buy-It-Now, Reverse auction, etc.
  • Listing upgrades: Premium package, featured listing, etc.
  • Seller: me, a friend, a friend of a friend, a colleague, someone else, unknown, etc.
  • Purchase venue: Where (and the year) the seller purchased the domain name originally.
  • Details: Any additional details about the domain name like how you bought it, how long you had it before it sold, its age, etc.

Examples:

Domain name: ThisDomain.com​
Sale venue: NamePros (2016)​
Listing type: Make offer with Buy-It-Now​
Listing upgrades: Featured listing​
Seller: Me​
Asking price: $950​
Sale price: $830​
Purchase venue: NamePros (2015)​
Purchase price: $25​
Details: Acquired from a reseller. 5 years old domain. Had for 1 year before resold.​

Domain name: ThatDomain.com​
Sale venue: GoDaddy Auctions (2012)​
Listing type: 7-day Public Auction​
Listing upgrades: N/A​
Seller: Someone else​
Asking price: N/A​
Sale price: $60​
Purchase venue: Hand registration (2009)​
Purchase price: $8​
Details: I watched its auction. The auction description said it was hand-registered the same day it dropped (from expiration).​

Important:
  • If you don't want to provide any other information about the sale besides what you've posted, then include "no further details" or "NFD" in your post.

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
g/i/g/a/b/u/y .com through BrandBucket

This is a sale where i want to highlight the importance of code of conduct! I listed the domain on BB for a value, and a potential buyer came to me asking to buy the domain less the BB cut. I refused, and i told him that someone already invested time in writing a description, a logo and listing time! I wouldnt sell it rather than doing this to them... While most of you believe im a moron I did so, believe me this counts for longer term business!

Anyways, I informed BB abd gave them the lead to maybe ultimately sell it to him... he never responded, then 3 weeks later he just pressed the BIN button :D

Whether you believe in GOD or at least Karma.. you should know that what goes around comes around! be fair to others' efforts and you will get rewarded for yours' too.

x,xxx sale. bought for low end xxx 2 months ago.

Good luck to you all :)

•••
g/i/g/a/b/u/y .com through BrandBucket

This is a sale where i want to highlight the importance of code of conduct! I listed the domain on BB for a value, and a potential buyer came to me asking to buy the domain less the BB cut. I refused, and i told him that someone already invested time in writing a description, a logo and listing time! I wouldnt sell it rather than doing this to them... While most of you believe im a moron I did so, believe me this counts for longer term business!

Anyways, I informed BB abd gave them the lead to maybe ultimately sell it to him... he never responded, then 3 weeks later he just pressed the BIN button :D

Whether you believe in GOD or at least Karma.. you should know that what goes around comes around! be fair to others' efforts and you will get rewarded for yours' too.

x,xxx sale. bought for low end xxx 2 months ago.

Good luck to you all :)

great! Can you share detail x,xxx sale (low / mid / high) ?

•••
•••
I sold o/cu/lus/de/als .com on ebay for 9.99 !!! on ebay
The most interesting thing is that even after many emails the buyer still has not answered or provided godaddy id but he paid right away, any thoughts on this behavior?

•••
I sold o/cu/lus/de/als .com on ebay for 9.99 !!! on ebay
The most interesting thing is that even after many emails the buyer still has not answered or provided godaddy id but he paid right away, any thoughts on this behavior?

maybe he doesnt want the domain name anymore? sale completed yet?

•••
The new Owner is Croscon.com, a company specializing on CMS solutions for big customers.. guess their latest software may be named "GemSafe"... congrats on your Sale *thumbs up*
Good to know the details. I actually thought it was purchased by some jewellery company or safe company. Surprised how some names are chosen. Good for the seller. But just my two cents... when I went out in the market to sell a domain related to CMS I was told I am asking too much! and my amount was just mid XXXX!

•••
•••

It happens a lot of times:) Sometimes they wake up after some time, sometimes they never wake up... Just take the money, send several messages insisting that he must send you the info, and keep the domain:)

•••
It happens a lot of times:) Sometimes they wake up after some time, sometimes they never wake up... Just take the money, send several messages insisting that he must send you the info, and keep the domain:)
i have paid for a domain, and after 3weeks plus i came to ask for the name , maybe i was busy and the money was small

•••
i have paid for a domain, and after 3weeks plus i came to ask for the name , maybe i was busy and the money was small
This is why I said, sometimes they wake up:) When I was in this situation for the first time, I contacted ebay and explained them the whole situation. But, ebay is not able to handle such situations, this is why they just told me to refund the money.

•••
Acertified.com - $2500

I sold this one a couple of months ago, but could not report it at the time. The initial offer was $2000.

•••
Closed today on a sale a few days ago.

paidapp.com

$1800 sold direct from my website

•••
paidapp.com

Congratulations. Your Website looks great.

•••

paidapp.com

Congrats, good sale! :)
Which your website?

•••
•••
Thanks, sold via the Elite Brand Names
website

Great sale. I to am building my brand but quick question. Did the domain name forward to your site OR did they actually surf to your site and found the name? Where was this domain pointing to?

•••
I point all of my domains to their individual pages at Elite

•••

paidapp.com

Congrats.

However, the name is still showing as available for sale on your website. Remove it from your portfolio.

•••

paidapp.com

How does it sell for $1800 on your website when it's listed on your website for sale for only $800?

This is exactly why you can't believe half the sales that are reported on Namepros because so many people are so full of shit!

•••
How does it sell for $1800 on your website when it's listed on your website for sale for only $800?

This is exactly why you can't believe half the sales that are reported on Namepros because so many people are so full of shit!
Are you saying you don't charge an automatic $1,000 transfer fee on all your sales?

•••
Thanks, sold via the Elite Brand Names
website

Hi nice template. You coded this or outsourced?

can you advise how to get such a template, looking for such a theme/template for displaying the domains

waiting for your reply

:)

•••
Today I received payment for a $99.99 sale on Ebay for:
dronefabrication.com

So it's officially sold.

I celebrated, by getting myself something not on the $5 menu at Subway :)

•••

Hookbox is absolutely correct.... I did not see my typo until he pointed it out. The sale was for $800 .... Don't know where the "1" came from....my bad.

•••
Hi nice template. You coded this or outsourced?

can you advise how to get such a template, looking for such a theme/template for displaying the domains

waiting for your reply

:)

Custom Wordpress theme that I coded... Pm with specific questions and I will try to help

•••
boxitup (in .com) - $775
talktofriends (in .com) - $850
fine-tuning (in .com) - $400

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back