NameSilo

Received an offer what should my response be?

Located in General Domain Discussion, started by The Domain Wizard, Mar 8, 2016

Replies:
9
Views:
938

  1. The Domain Wizard

    The Domain Wizard TheDomainWizard.com ★★★★★★★★★★

    Posts:
    479
    Likes Received:
    310
    Hi All,

    I received an offer for a 2 word .com after an outbound email. I received it after a few hours i send the email.
    They are angel investors. They have a dash, plural and the org version of my 10 years old singular .com domain.

    I can see that the opened the email 3 times as I use SideKick to track my emails.

    They said we offer you 100 euro for that domain.

    Do I need to respond straight away or let them wait? Or do I counter straight away. I think the domain is worth much more then that.

    I have it listed on SEDO for $4999.

    Any advise would be appreciated.
     
    The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. Asfas1000

    Asfas1000 Top Contributor VIP

    Posts:
    2,478
    Likes Received:
    2,684
    In this particular case, I would wait for 2-3 days before responding, as your asking price is too far apart from their initial offer.
     
  3. HUKU

    HUKU Established Member

    Posts:
    365
    Likes Received:
    164
    Agreed. Now of course, because you contacted them, you are already at a disadvantage because its you that reached out and not them. However, the longer you wait before responding, the more it looks like you are considering it and it will appear that there is less urgency for you to sell it.
     
  4. Bullock

    Bullock Established Member

    Posts:
    699
    Likes Received:
    563


    They are low-ballers!:P


    You can answer: "I appreciate your offer, but we are not in the same ballpark"

    Then, you may make un effort: "I could accept an offer in the range of $3.500"
     
  5. tomcarl

    tomcarl Top Contributor VIP

    Posts:
    2,222
    Likes Received:
    3,785
    ^ Correct.

    They flat-out low-balled you.

    I'd not respond for at least 2 or 3 days. I might not even respond at all but I'd lower the price to $1500 straight BIN on Sedo and add 2 more years of registration to it.

    Asking a lot more than that they may try to file a UDRP against the name since you offered to sell it to them and they want it. They're obviously cheap.

    They'll be typing the domain into their browser eventually or will likely respond. Sometimes the best response is no response at all in certain scenarios.

    If this domain has no potential to be purchased by anyone else except them, counter them at $500 after a couple of days and re-invest elsewhere.
     
  6. The Domain Wizard

    The Domain Wizard TheDomainWizard.com ★★★★★★★★★★

    Posts:
    479
    Likes Received:
    310
    The domain is used in many variations by other companies. I have send email to many potential customers. It is very relevant to there business. I can try to lower the price on SEDO. The company with the offer is from Germany and SEDO is an German company.

    I will wait a few days, not sure yet if I need to lower the price on SEDO. Tomorrow I can see if they visit the listing on SEDO.

    Thanks for the advise. Will keep you all posted.
     
  7. BrandChimp

    BrandChimp Life is short. Get up and make yours better. Chimp

    Posts:
    3,635
    Likes Received:
    2,850
    I got 2 inquiries last week. One started with $100 and the other one with $199.

    I ended up selling them $1,450 and $1,250.

    This is what I've replied to start negotiations.

    Hello XXXX,
    Thank you for your inquiry.

    My asking price at this point is
    $x,xxx USD.
    Prices honored for 7 days.

    f you have any questions or need
    any further assistance, please let
    me know.
    Kind Regards,
    Xavier

    You must start with a fair price and they will likely come back with a better offer.
     
  8. The Domain Wizard

    The Domain Wizard TheDomainWizard.com ★★★★★★★★★★

    Posts:
    479
    Likes Received:
    310
    Did you respond straight away or waited a few days. My lead came from a email I send.
     
  9. BrandChimp

    BrandChimp Life is short. Get up and make yours better. Chimp

    Posts:
    3,635
    Likes Received:
    2,850
    I responded right away
     
  10. The Domain Wizard

    The Domain Wizard TheDomainWizard.com ★★★★★★★★★★

    Posts:
    479
    Likes Received:
    310
    Just a quick update. I didn't respond to the offer from yesterday. Can see a view on the SEDO offer page for this domain. Today he opened my email again on his mobile. It is almost 24 Hr after his offer. I will wait a little bit longer and see what will happen.
     

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
NameWorth
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
Loading...