NameSilo

Question: Verisign's WLS?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Question: Verisign's WLS. Anybody know when?

On the net I only find shattered information on Verisign's Waiting List Service. Also it's unclear to me if and when it will happen. And if it will mean the end of services like Pool. Can somebody explain what is good or bad about it. Or even better has somebody a link to a recent clear text that explains it all.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Thanks Crissy :)

2 questions
1. Will this WLS slots be (re)sellable. I mean like options, so you'll get a sort of slot market. A slot market in virtual and maybe undeliverable names.
2. Does a slot mean that I can't buy and sell domains to whom I want. Because the slotholder has some kind of first right, or doesn't affect this buying and selling domains at all?

•••
Originally posted by modman
Thanks Crissy :)

2 questions
1. Will this WLS slots be (re)sellable. I mean like options, so you'll get a sort of slot market. A slot market in virtual and maybe undeliverable names.
2. Does a slot mean that I can't buy and sell domains to whom I want. Because the slotholder has some kind of first right, or doesn't affect this buying and selling domains at all?

1. WLS has been approved, that is all. The procedure of buying and selling slots has not yet been established but I am pretty sure this will be availible to satisfy the reseller market.

2. You can buy and sell domains that you own to anybody you want. WLS has nothing to do with that.

•••
•••
WLS may still not happen. Its likely to face years of litigation, in my opinion.

•••
The duck is closely monitoring developments. So far, no news of the DoC agreement. Once that happens, hells break lose.

http://www.wlsquack.com

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back