Dynadot

Problems with .info Domain

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I won an .info domain off ebay about 3 months ago. At the time it was too early to transfer so the seller changed all ht econtact information to mine and changed it to my nameservers.

When time came to transfer (after the 60 day period) he never responded to any emails and I can't remember his website etc. He hasn't been active on eBay since late January.

Anybody know anything I can do?

Thanks!!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It sounds like you never had the domain transferred to an account you control. Just putting your name on it doesn't help you much. You need control to keep the domain in your name, lock or unlock the domain for transfer, and renew the domain. Here's my recommendation:

1. Try to contact the seller to get control.
2. Make sure the whois is still in your name and check the expiration. If no longer in your name, contact the name in the whois record who may be the original seller.
3. If com/net and unlocked, you could initiate transfer if the email has you listed. (org/info/biz/us all required auth codes to transfer)
4. If all else fails, contact the registrar. If it's i your name, they will probably believe and help you. If no longer in your name, see #1 above as your recourse.
5. Contact ebay if you think you were defrauded purposely.

•••
thanks ill look into contacting the registry ... its a .info so it needs that code.

The question - do I contact Afilias (manages all .info) or the registrar of the domain.

•••
zatch said:
thanks ill look into contacting the registry ... its a .info so it needs that code.

The question - do I contact Afilias (manages all .info) or the registrar of the domain.

The registrar, not afilias.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back