IT.COM

Is Easyspace charging over $20 for transferring my domain OUT?

NameSilo
Watch

Allysin

Established Member
Impact
I've read this somewhere some time back that it is allowed for registrars to charge their customer when the customer decides to transfer their domain OUT but I've never seen this before.

When I go through the TRANSFER OUT steps on Easyspace, it shows the following:

Total Transfer Cost For 1 domains = £18 (inc vat)

Would anyone be able to provide any more info on this?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hi,
It says here that their 'transfer management' is a paid service, but you can still do it yourself manually for free.

•••
Thank you for this cooljub!

For anyone who got stuck like I did - the key is to go into 'DOMAIN LOCKING' under 'Additional Tasks' on the bottom as that is where you can unlock and generate the auth code.

•••
Thank you for this cooljub!

For anyone who got stuck like I did - the key is to go into 'DOMAIN LOCKING' under 'Additional Tasks' on the bottom as that is where you can unlock and generate the auth code.
So does that mean that is possible to transfer out from Easyspace without paying Easyspace a fee?

•••
So does that mean that is possible to transfer out from Easyspace without paying Easyspace a fee?
Hi - yes - just to go into 'DOMAIN LOCKING' under 'Additional Tasks' on the bottom as that is where you can unlock and generate the auth code for FREE!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back