IT.COM

Problems, Bugs and Fixes at Afternic - Report Problems Here

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I suggest a new thread titled Problems, Bugs and Fixes at Afternic - Report Problems Here. Then we can all list our issues so Afternic have to fix them. These Afternic probs have been repeatedly flagged up across numerous threads on here over a period of time, including the need for 2FA. Godaddy own Afternic and have the resources and motivation to fix it - this risky mess is unacceptable and reflects badly on their brand.

For info, Afternic keep reverting some of my domains to "In Review" status for no reason, and I only know that if I log in there to check on them. Until I then ask support to take them out of Review they are not listed for sale and will not sell at Afternic.

@Joe Styler When can we expect Godaddy to take action on Afternic, including implementing 2FA?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
You can go to your sold section and see all the sold domains. Or you can also go to the account section once you are signed in, on the left near the bottom and select statements. You can see all your activity for any given date range there, domain name, sale price, amount paid, commission etc.

•••
@Haris I also waiting for the payment for my 4 domains since January, every time it went unsuccessful, they are saying that my bank (UBL) is rejecting while bank says they didn't reject any payment. @Joe Styler won't help. I'm receiving Wire payments from namesilo, uniregistry, escrow within a few business days regularly but only afternic has issues. I have removed all my domains and will never use them again for the problems and headache they gave me.

Maybe if I do not get the payment in till next month, will donate all those 1461 USD to afternic. Despite numerous calls and emails, they are still blaming my bank and not accepting that their payment provider is having issues.

•••
Sold a domain 15 days back in fast transfer ..it's still no update

•••
You can go to your sold section and see all the sold domains. Or you can also go to the account section once you are signed in, on the left near the bottom and select statements. You can see all your activity for any given date range there, domain name, sale price, amount paid, commission etc.

Neither the sold section nor the account section have all my Afternic sales. It's not even close. I have to rely on my own bookkeeping. When it comes to tax season, I like to crosscheck each item line-by-line. Asking for the domain name to be mentioned as a note in PayPal is not a big nor unreasonable request and would make everything easier. Especially when Afternic's reporting doesn't even work. I'm not the only one frustrated with this.

•••
If you need any updates you can email [email protected]. We have redone the support flows and hired more people and the average response time for us is much less than a day. There is no need to wait 15 days for an update.

•••
Neither the sold section nor the account section have all my Afternic sales. It's not even close. I have to rely on my own bookkeeping. When it comes to tax season, I like to crosscheck each item line-by-line. Asking for the domain name to be mentioned as a note in PayPal is not a big nor unreasonable request and would make everything easier. Especially when Afternic's reporting doesn't even work. I'm not the only one frustrated with this.
I understand the request. I didn't say it is not a valid request. I was just giving you an option. You can also email your account rep to ask them to give you your sales. Any sale from Afternic should be in the statement section.

•••
Please label PayPal payments to include the domain name in the notes. Without the domain name noted, it makes tax season incredibly difficult.

Something like this is very much needed. Afternic payments do not work like clockwork. They seem to come at random intervals with more than a few occasional hiccups. With multiple sales running at once and continuously (using the same price points over and over), it's an absolute nightmare to track where you've been paid and what is still pending.

Factor in the fact that payments are sometimes bundled together, and the problem is even worse.

Trying to compile exact documentation for taxes is next to impossible, but I do have to give Afternic props for the comedy...

Huh?

For one, both of the sections you note are poorly organized with no export possible. Secondly, they show only a small % of the sales processed through Afternic. Going to the "Sold" section shows less than half of the names I've sold through Afternic. Same with the "view archive" link.

The "Statements" section is even worse. It shows 20 of 90 sales for the year.

And there biggest point of all... even if the info provided in the stated sections were complete, properly organized, and exportable, it would not solve the problem of knowing where payments have actually been fully processed and paid. That comes from verifying the payment landed in my bank account, which is important and next to impossible.

Same. And I have seen something like this done elsewhere when being paid both through PayPal and for bank transactions as well.

I understand the request. I didn't say it is not a valid request. I was just giving you an option. You can also email your account rep to ask them to give you your sales. Any sale from Afternic should be in the statement section.

I believe your customer support will have a hard time verifying that each and every payment for all sales have landed properly on my end. What I personally need is some sort of way to verify what a specific payment from Afternic is for. As of now, each payment received from Afternic is nondescript.

Better reporting on the Afternic site would be a big help too ( both completeness + exportability are severely lacking now), but that is not really the issue at hand.

•••

I'd like to see this implemented, too.

•••
You will have a new payment issued next week.
Another week has come and gone:xf.rolleyes:
Did daddy come through for you @Haris ?
Just doing some updating at afternic, this 50 names per page is pretty sad Joe
Sold a domain 15 days back in fast transfer ..it's still no update
Any news?
@Haris I also waiting for the payment for my 4 domains since January, every time it went unsuccessful, they are saying that my bank (UBL) is rejecting while bank says they didn't reject any payment. @Joe Styler won't help. I'm receiving Wire payments from namesilo, uniregistry, escrow within a few business days regularly but only afternic has issues. I have removed all my domains and will never use them again for the problems and headache they gave me.

Maybe if I do not get the payment in till next month, will donate all those 1461 USD to afternic. Despite numerous calls and emails, they are still blaming my bank and not accepting that their payment provider is having issues.
Your talking no payment for 10 months?
You gonna end up like @Arca
Still no sign of him :xf.frown:

•••
Another week has come and gone:xf.rolleyes:
Did daddy come through for you @Haris ?

Yeah they said the payment was released 2 days ago. Let's hope it will be in my account in a few days. I was not expecting them to do this though.

•••
Afternic suspends my account for reasons - "Your account has been terminated due to violations of the terms of service. No further information will be provided."

After asking politely for more information on why it was suspended, they ([email protected]) replied - "Your auctions membership has been permanently suspended due to violations of the Auction Membership and Terms of Service. No further information will be provided, the decision is final, and we consider this matter closed."

I have five pending transactions of which 2 domains have been transferred to buyers. No payment, or update from Afternic. Just that my account has been permanently suspended.

I contacted JoeStyler on Namepros detailing my ordeal and I only got one reply from him - "You're done using Afternic and we do not want any of your business".

Further mails have been ignored.

I still don't know how or what I did to get the account suspended. The funds from the sold domains are still in limbo.

@Haris @Joe Styler @MasterOfMyDomains @Arca @NYJimbo @creataweb and other esteem members of Namepros, how do I get my funds and if possible restore my account?

Thanks

•••
After asking politely for more information on why it was suspended.....
Are you sure there isnt any important information you are leaving out of this post ?

•••
Are you sure there isnt any important information you are leaving out of this post ?
I've thought hard and can't think of any reason why my account was suspended.

Only thing that comes to mind is 2 of the 5 domains that sold failed FAST TRANSFER. but I see no reason my account would be banned.

•••
Only thing that comes to mind is 2 of the 5 domains that sold failed FAST TRANSFER.
I doubt thats it, I think most people here who have sold at least a few domains have experienced that.

Have you had any disputes in any of your auctions ?

Last edited:
•••
Thanks for the dm asking me what you should do because @Joe Styler said - "You're done using Afternic and we do not want any of your business".
You want my answer? Wont be a nice answer.

•••
I doubt thats it, I think most people here who have sold at least a few domains have experienced that.

Have you had any disputes in any of your auctions ?

I have never had any auctions. Either at Afternic or Godaddy.

I'm a flipper. I agree pricing with end-user then send them to Afternic or Whatever marketplace.

Thanks for the dm asking me what you should do because @Joe Styler said - "You're done using Afternic and we do not want any of your business".
You want my answer? Wont be a nice answer.

Can't be worse than what Afternic dropped on me, can it?

As far as I'm concerned, I haven't done anything wrong. It is up to Afternic to reveal whatever I might have done to get my account suspended and not paid for completed transactions.

•••
After looking at your account we do not want to do business with you because it contains very suspicious activity. We reserve the right to terminate accounts we think may cause harm to ourselves or other users. You were told this by support and I echoed their statement that we are no longer doing business with you. You will need to find another venue to sell your domains.

•••
Thats it? Suspicious activity?
All i can say is sorry man, daddy has final say

•••
After looking at your account we do not want to do business with you because it contains very suspicious activity. We reserve the right to terminate accounts we think may cause harm to ourselves or other users. You were told this by support and I echoed their statement that we are no longer doing business with you. You will need to find another venue to sell your domains.

Shouldn't GoDaddy at least explain what suspicious activity was carried out? It would be helpful not only for that particular user but for others too, we don't want our account suspended/terminated like that, especially when we have sold a few domains there and are waiting for funds. Are you guys seizing the funds too or @japty would get his money sooner or later? According to the terms and conditions do you have the right to seize these funds?

BTW, The funds for my sale of Dancing/Leopard were released a week ago (5 business days) and I still haven't received them, I asked for the SWIFT message almost 3 days ago and just received a reply and now I will have to explain one more person at AfterNic support what a SWIFT message is. Teach these guys some of this stuff when hiring them.

•••
I can give you the swift and Iban numbers. We sent your payment again on Oct 31 I see it was paid.

I am not going into details about what happened with someone's account on a public forum.

•••
I can give you the swift and Iban numbers. We sent your payment again on Oct 31 I see it was paid.

I understand it has been paid but it's not in my account after a week so I need to give my bank the SWIFT message so that they can trace the funds. The info you sent is useless for me. I have PM'd you an example of what I need.

•••
Many people on here are requesting info about which sales they made and when, and when payments were made. And there is some frustration about not being able to get the info from Afternic - through the web interface, or by contacting them on here, or by email.

Well if you are an EU citizen or resident in the EU under the new GDPR data/privacy law you can simply file a free request for them to give you ALL the data they hold about you for you to review, correct, or even delete - which will include sales, emails, payments, all of it. You just submit a Subject Access Request or SAR. Non compliance with GDPR can carry severe financial penalties.

Funny, Afternic's site does not mention GDPR - despite that becoming law in May 2018
https://www.afternic.com/legal#privacy_policy
EU-U.S. & Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield

Our parent company, Go Daddy Operating Company, LLC (and our related entities, including GoDaddy.com, LLC, Wild West Domains, LLC, Blue Razor Domains, LLC, Starfield Technologies, LLC, Domains by Proxy, LLC, Outright, Inc., Locu, Inc., Media Temple, Inc. and Mad Mimi, Inc.) participates in and has certified its compliance with the EU-U.S. and the Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework. We are committed to subjecting all personal data received from European Union (EU) member countries and Switzerland, respectively, in reliance on each Privacy Shield Framework, to the Framework’s applicable Principles. To learn more about the Privacy Shield Frameworks, and to view our certifications, visit the U.S. Department of Commerce’s Privacy Shield List.

Go Daddy Operating Company, LLC is committed to subjecting all personal data received from European Union (EU) member countries, in reliance on the Privacy Shield Framework, to the Framework’s applicable Principles. To learn more about the Privacy Shield Framework, visit the U.S. Department of Commerce’s Privacy Shield List.

So it looks like you have to submit your SAR on the Godaddy site here:
https://godaddy.com/help/gdpr-privacy-features-for-eu-residents-27883

Subject Access Requests (SARs)
You may request to see whether we are processing your personal data, what personal data is being processed, and for what purpose.

Last edited:
•••
I sold a domain in fast transfer last month almost 20 days back, fast transfer don't happen that asked for auth code...I provided with [email protected] but it's been almost a week now and no respone, any other alternative mail for quicker response? And not sure ta agent reciecre my mail , can I pm u the details @Joe Styler

Last edited:
•••
I sold a domain in fast transfer last month almost 20 days back, fast transfer don't happen that asked for auth code...I provided with [email protected] but it's been almost a week now and no respone, any other alternative mail for quicker response? And not sure ta agent reciecre my mail , can I pm u the details @Joe Styler
Same happened here, then got email the buyer was a fraud. Hope it don't happen to you.

•••
•••
Back