Dynadot

Problems, Bugs and Fixes at Afternic - Report Problems Here

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I suggest a new thread titled Problems, Bugs and Fixes at Afternic - Report Problems Here. Then we can all list our issues so Afternic have to fix them. These Afternic probs have been repeatedly flagged up across numerous threads on here over a period of time, including the need for 2FA. Godaddy own Afternic and have the resources and motivation to fix it - this risky mess is unacceptable and reflects badly on their brand.

For info, Afternic keep reverting some of my domains to "In Review" status for no reason, and I only know that if I log in there to check on them. Until I then ask support to take them out of Review they are not listed for sale and will not sell at Afternic.

@Joe Styler When can we expect Godaddy to take action on Afternic, including implementing 2FA?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Here is an update to my sale of Dancing/Leopard dotcom that sold on 10th August.

I STILL HAVEN'T RECEIVED THE FUNDS 3 MONTHS LATER.

AfterNic has previously provided me a SWIFT message for only one transaction after I asked it multiple times (and it took weeks) and I have asked for the SWIFT message for multiple transactions but I never got it for the other ones.

The payment was released on 31st October, it has been 2 weeks. AfterNic's last email in reply of my request was this:

You have been provided the fullest extent of what we have access to from our payment provider. If you need additional information you are welcome to make that request directly with TIPALTI.com's support team.

Even though they previously have given me the SWIFT message for the last transaction but now they can't? They are not trying! If I am supposed to contact Tipalti then what's their job? Anyways I contacted Tipalti and they told me it could take a week. @Joe Styler , Did Tipalti refused to give AfterNic the SWIFT message? If they did then why are they saying they will give it to me in a week? I need an answer for this.

I have previously received multiple payments in the same bank account not only from AfterNic but also from many other escrow/marketplaces, single transaction over $10000 from AfterNic too, now there is a compliance issue and I give you my NIC copy, my passport copy, now what? Is it my responsibility to check why are the funds still not in my account? AfterNic should be the one tracking the funds not me.

Last edited:
•••
I sold a domain in fast transfer last month almost 20 days back, fast transfer don't happen that asked for auth code...I provided with [email protected] but it's been almost a week now and no respone, any other alternative mail for quicker response? And not sure ta agent reciecre my mail , can I pm u the details @Joe Styler
You can also email [email protected]. They normally respond within 24 hours.

•••
@Joe Styler

hi there.. due to recent whois changes, and my inability across all registrars to change txt records in bulk (or in some of them, to not be able to change txt records at all unless I also point dns to rgistrar default.. which I do not want), I am slowly surely trying to rely more on afternic to list my domains.. so they go through there.. to gd auctions.. I am not much experienced with afternic.. so I hope you can answer couple basic things for me..

first of all.. will this work in all cases? and my names wil show up on gd auctions if they show up in afternic listings? any exceptions at all? premium .co names.. other premium names??
I noticed for instance currently, I have the name 9u,io listed on afternic.. but this is not listed on gd auctions.. any idea why? I think I saw other ones too.. is it like some random thing where sometimes some random names do not get listeD? or are there always reasons for it?

second, how does this compare to listing on gd auctions directly? I guess some differences are:

u do not get to push to 7 day auction when u get offer..

anything else?

I'm talking makeoffer only mostly... as thats what I prefer..but I presume for bin its similar?

also interested to know what kind of email exactly u get and from whom .. once you get gd auctions offer on a domain lsited through afternic. I assume it comes from afternic not gd? is it one of those "plz enter reserve price and floor price" emails.. or more like an email u get when someone bids directly on the afternic market on yoru name?

lastly, do you forsee implementing txt record requuirements for listing on afternic also like on gd auctions? if so what is the timeline for this???

thnaks for your help!

•••
Here is an update to my sale of Dancing/Leopard dotcom that sold on 10th August.

I STILL HAVEN'T RECEIVED THE FUNDS 3 MONTHS LATER.

AfterNic has previously provided me a SWIFT message for only one transaction after I asked it multiple times (and it took weeks) and I have asked for the SWIFT message for multiple transactions but I never got it for the other ones.

The payment was released on 31st October, it has been 2 weeks. AfterNic's last email in reply of my request was this:

Even though they previously have given me the SWIFT message for the last transaction but now they can't? They are not trying! If I am supposed to contact Tipalti then what's their job? Anyways I contacted Tipalti and they told me it could take a week. @Joe Styler , Did Tipalti refused to give AfterNic the SWIFT message? If they did then why are they saying they will give it to me in a week? I need an answer for this.

I have previously received multiple payments in the same bank account not only from AfterNic but also from many other escrow/marketplaces, single transaction over $10000 from AfterNic too, now there is a compliance issue and I give you my NIC copy, my passport copy, now what? Is it my responsibility to check why are the funds still not in my account? AfterNic should be the one tracking the funds not me.
We did track the funds both times we sent them. We can see the bank was sent the money. I have asked again for the swift message for you. Have you also asked the payment company? I am sorry you are having trouble with this payment. We have paid you on this a Second time weeks ago I am not sure why it is not being assigned to your account by your bank. We have still not received the original funds from the 1rst payment back from them as far as I know either.

•••
@Joe Styler

hi there.. due to recent whois changes, and my inability across all registrars to change txt records in bulk (or in some of them, to not be able to change txt records at all unless I also point dns to rgistrar default.. which I do not want), I am slowly surely trying to rely more on afternic to list my domains.. so they go through there.. to gd auctions.. I am not much experienced with afternic.. so I hope you can answer couple basic things for me..

first of all.. will this work in all cases? and my names wil show up on gd auctions if they show up in afternic listings? any exceptions at all? premium .co names.. other premium names??
I noticed for instance currently, I have the name 9u,io listed on afternic.. but this is not listed on gd auctions.. any idea why? I think I saw other ones too.. is it like some random thing where sometimes some random names do not get listeD? or are there always reasons for it?

second, how does this compare to listing on gd auctions directly? I guess some differences are:

u do not get to push to 7 day auction when u get offer..

anything else?

I'm talking makeoffer only mostly... as thats what I prefer..but I presume for bin its similar?

also interested to know what kind of email exactly u get and from whom .. once you get gd auctions offer on a domain lsited through afternic. I assume it comes from afternic not gd? is it one of those "plz enter reserve price and floor price" emails.. or more like an email u get when someone bids directly on the afternic market on yoru name?

lastly, do you forsee implementing txt record requuirements for listing on afternic also like on gd auctions? if so what is the timeline for this???

thnaks for your help!
This is a lot of information to address on the forum. I think it is best that you email your account manager and they can work with you on the listings to make sure you have the best chance at selling the most domains.

•••
We did track the funds both times we sent them. We can see the bank was sent the money. I have asked again for the swift message for you. Have you also asked the payment company? I am sorry you are having trouble with this payment. We have paid you on this a Second time weeks ago I am not sure why it is not being assigned to your account by your bank. We have still not received the original funds from the 1rst payment back from them as far as I know either.

I have already asked Tipalti for the SWIFT message.

•••
You can also email [email protected]. They normally respond within 24 hours.
I did mail them but no response yet..I mailed to agent and also provided the auth code in afternic dashboard , still waiting to hear an update

•••
@Joe Styler Finally I have received the payment.

I sent the email to Tipalti and within 4 days they gave me the SWIFT message and I gave it to the bank and within a few hours the payment was credited to my account. Once again I will have to share this last mail I received from AfterNic support:

You have been provided the fullest extent of what we have access to from our payment provider. If you need additional information you are welcome to make that request directly with TIPALTI.com's support team.

I will also talk to Tipalti about why was AfterNic/GoDaddy not provided the SWIFT message when they asked for it.

Thanks.

•••
we added txt verification to GoDaddy auctions and will add it to Afternic as well in the future which should help clear this up.

Please let us know, when will this available on Afternic.

Thanks

•••
72 hour or more mailing afternic ...but still seems no update @Joe Styler ..please guide

•••
Just got a reply they will contact GoDaddy and get back.... Hmm..hope all goes well

•••
Just got a reply they will contact GoDaddy and get back.... Hmm..hope all goes well
Starting to sound like the two fraud sales I had. Good luck.

•••
Hello,

On 12th, november i received this message from afternic,

"Great news, mydomain has sold via Fast Transfer through our DLS Network.

No action is needed from you at this time. You will receive an email update within 8-10 days regarding your payment.

If you have any questions, please feel to message the TA Agent through the link at the bottom of the domain sales record."

After some days and the domain is still in Transfer Processing then i contacted Support and received this message below,

"Thank you for contacting Afternic Support.

At this time, it looks like the domain will be able to complete the Fast Transfer, but if that were to change we will reach out to request the domain be delivered manually. "

The second day i received the above name, TA@afternic send me this shocking news below on 19th,

"Due to the 60-day lock we are forced to cancel this sale. I apologize for the inconvenience."

Also, my account has been suspended, the domain was registered on Networksolutions and i have activated the fast transfer.

•••
Is it compulsory to make domains fast-transfer enabled at Afternic only when AUTH CODE is available?

Example :
If today we register a domain at Godaddy and after 10 days it gets sold at Enom via Afternic Fast-Transfer service then AUTH CODE won't be available.

Buyer's demand :
1. Doesn't wants domain at Godaddy
2. Doesn't want to wait for 50+ days to get the domain into his ENOM account
So buyer requested refund of his payment.

Will this cancelled sale create any impact on afternic seller's account like suspension or so?

Last edited:
•••
Hello,

No action is needed from you at this time. You will receive an email update within 8-10 days regarding your payment.

If you have any questions, please feel to message the TA Agent through the link at the bottom of the domain sales record."

After some days and the domain is still in Transfer Processing then i contacted Support and received this message below,

At this time, it looks like the domain will be able to complete the Fast Transfer, but if that were to change we will reach out to request the domain be delivered manually. "

The second day i received the above name, TA@afternic send me this shocking news below on 19th,

"Due to the 60-day lock we are forced to cancel this sale. I apologize for the inconvenience."

Also, my account has been suspended, the domain was registered on Networksolutions and i have activated the fast transfer.
So does that mean : Afternic suspended your account due to 60-day transfer lock?

•••
Hello,

Can you please send me the domain name that sold in a private message?

•••
Is it compulsory to make domains fast-transfer enabled at Afternic only when AUTH CODE is available?

Example :
If today we register a domain at Godaddy and after 10 days it gets sold at Enom via Afternic Fast-Transfer service then AUTH CODE won't be available.

Buyer's demand :
1. Doesn't wants domain at Godaddy
2. Doesn't want to wait for 50+ days to get the domain into his ENOM account
So buyer requested refund of his payment.

Will this cancelled sale create any impact on afternic seller's account like suspension or so?
Yes you should only enable the fast transfer when the domain is able to be transferred. Otherwise it creates a bad buying experience for the buyer. They may not want to wait 60 days to get the domain you listed for sale. It does not result in an automatic ban to your account. That would result from other activity.

•••
@Joe Styler in that case godaddy is good for seller and buyer because godaddy give option of email to both parties?

•••
Can we list a new godaddy hand reg name on afternic fast transfer before 60 days?

•••
Can we list a new godaddy hand reg name on afternic fast transfer before 60 days?
godaddy not allow fast transfer before 60 days when 60 days passed than automatically you receive a authorized email of fast transfer.

•••
You cannot list domains for fast transfer if they have locks on them of any kind. You can list the names for sale on our network with locks but they do not appear on the full extended network as many partners do not accept names without the fast transfer ability. Your names will show up on GoDaddy for sale if they are opted in to fast transfer or if they are not fast transfer eligible.

•••
Hello,

One account was unsuspended : https://www.namepros.com/threads/my-afternic-account-has-been-suspended.1110781/page-2#post-6988226

Was your account unsuspended too?

•••
•••
Can you please send me the domain name that sold in a private message?
I have sent you the domain name since yesterday but no response.

•••
So afternic suspended my account and sales for this,..

"Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting Afternic Support. You violated the Terms of Service by listing a domain you do not own and your account will not be reinstated unless you can provide verification of ownership of ***.com.

Regards,
The Afternic Team

I have send the ticket sent to my email and my domain manager on network solution which also included others name i listed, my question is, will my sales be recovered again?

•••
Back