Dynadot

Problems, Bugs and Fixes at Afternic - Report Problems Here

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I suggest a new thread titled Problems, Bugs and Fixes at Afternic - Report Problems Here. Then we can all list our issues so Afternic have to fix them. These Afternic probs have been repeatedly flagged up across numerous threads on here over a period of time, including the need for 2FA. Godaddy own Afternic and have the resources and motivation to fix it - this risky mess is unacceptable and reflects badly on their brand.

For info, Afternic keep reverting some of my domains to "In Review" status for no reason, and I only know that if I log in there to check on them. Until I then ask support to take them out of Review they are not listed for sale and will not sell at Afternic.

@Joe Styler When can we expect Godaddy to take action on Afternic, including implementing 2FA?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Generally speaking, if afternic was able to deliver the domain to the buyer, and mark the transaction accordingly - then the seller will be paid with no need to followup. At least it is what I see (year 2018). There may be exceptions, but rare. So afternic definitely does not have cashflow issues.

I still remember how afternic "upgraded" payout process some time ago (switching to the current scheme). It was... a nightmare.

Earler today the following newsletter was sent out:

(quote begin)
We are excited to announce that Afternic is launching new payment options and lower minimum payment thresholds for your domain sales and parking earnings. We’ve been listening to our customers and have partnered with an external payment processor to support these new features.

In October, you will notice a new look and feel to your payments section within My Account and you will be able to take advantage of these new options. While these changes will be seamless for our customers, you will need to submit an updated tax form by the end of 2018. This is not a requirement to receive your parking earnings, but we must have an updated tax form on file by December 31, 2018 in order to issue you a Form 1099 for 2018.

Please review below the new payment options, minimum earnings, and payment fees.

Payment Method Minimum Earnings Payment Fee
ACH no minimum USD $1.00
eCheck no minimum USD $5.00
PayPal no minimum USD $1.00
Wire Transfer(international) USD $25.00 USD $20.00
Wire Transfer(domestic) no minimum USD$15.00

(quote end)

Somewhat misleading.

Cc @Joe Styler - can you please comment what it is about?
Where are the exciting news and what exactly is changed?
I see nothing changed (from non-U.S. sellers point of view). With the exception of a new $25 min. non-US wire amount which makes no sense - a final amount received may now be negative if $25 is wired (after intermediary banks charges). And who is selling domains for ~$30 to need $25 bankwire anyway? However, I heard that U.S. based sellers were always offered paper check option, correct me if I am wrong, but there is no such option anymore for any country according to this newsletter.

Did you change the company that is processing the payments? If so, wil we need to resubmit payout profiles? Should we expect the same level of bugs as with (we all remember) the previous financial upgrade?
What is 1099 form? I do not need any U.S. taxforms (to the best of my knowledge) as I"m not in U.S. Which thing I promptly certified when I configured current payout profile. Will afternic now ask me to setup another payee profile with the same details but another non-U.S. status certification? If so, this is incorrect since the previous form is valid forever (if I did not move to U.S.). Long story short - if it is not broken, why fix it... ?

Joe, can you clarify please.

Last edited:
•••
Did you read my last post? I haven't received a reply from [email protected] in 10 days! I emailed them 3 times but no reply.

The domain is

DancingLeopard.com
No I didn't read it. I was traveling for the last couple weeks and I haven't really logged in here at all. I did respond to your pm today and I had someone check to make sure we are receiving your emails and gave you the date of the last one we got and when we responded to it.

•••
Generally speaking, if afternic was able to deliver the domain to the buyer, and mark the transaction accordingly - then the seller will be paid with no need to followup. At least it is what I see (year 2018). There may be exceptions, but rare. So afternic definitely does not have cashflow issues.

I still remember how afternic "upgraded" payout process some time ago (switching to the current scheme). It was... a nightmare.

Earler today the following newsletter was sent out:

(quote begin)
We are excited to announce that Afternic is launching new payment options and lower minimum payment thresholds for your domain sales and parking earnings. We’ve been listening to our customers and have partnered with an external payment processor to support these new features.

In October, you will notice a new look and feel to your payments section within My Account and you will be able to take advantage of these new options. While these changes will be seamless for our customers, you will need to submit an updated tax form by the end of 2018. This is not a requirement to receive your parking earnings, but we must have an updated tax form on file by December 31, 2018 in order to issue you a Form 1099 for 2018.

Please review below the new payment options, minimum earnings, and payment fees.

Payment Method Minimum Earnings Payment Fee
ACH no minimum USD $1.00
eCheck no minimum USD $5.00
PayPal no minimum USD $1.00
Wire Transfer(international) USD $25.00 USD $20.00
Wire Transfer(domestic) no minimum USD$15.00

(quote end)

Somewhat misleading.

Cc @Joe Styler - can you please comment what it is about?
Where are the exciting news and what exactly is changed?
I see nothing changed (from non-U.S. sellers point of view). With the exception of a new $25 min. non-US wire amount which makes no sense - a final amount received may now be negative if $25 is wired (after intermediary banks charges). And who is selling domains for ~$30 to need $25 bankwire anyway? However, I heard that U.S. based sellers were always offered paper check option, correct me if I am wrong, but there is no such option anymore for any country according to this newsletter.

Did you change the company that is processing the payments? If so, wil we need to resubmit payout profiles? Should we expect the same level of bugs as with (we all remember) the previous financial upgrade?
What is 1099 form? I do not need any U.S. taxforms (to the best of my knowledge) as I"m not in U.S. Which thing I promptly certified when I configured current payout profile. Will afternic now ask me to setup another payee profile with the same details but another non-U.S. status certification? If so, this is incorrect since the previous form is valid forever (if I did not move to U.S.). Long story short - if it is not broken, why fix it... ?

Joe, can you clarify please.

We are moving to a different payment provider. This should not impact your Afternic account if you are an International (non US based) seller as you are already being paid by that provider. If so as you state you should see no difference. However the thresholds for payment are in many cases being lowered from the current ones and additional options are being added to pay you in local currency. This is also happening for parking revenue if you use Afternic or Smart Name for parking.
You should not have to fill out any new payee information as you are already set up to be paid with us.
Paper check is still an option but not for everyone. The easiest way to figure out your options is to look in your account. There are specific options for each country and your account will know which ones to show you based on your address.
It really depends on where you bank. For some countries there are additional options and lower payment thresholds with this change as well as the ability to be paid in local currency.
We would not pay you if you are going to be negative after the fees are taken out.

•••
I would like to suggest that Afternic have a reporting form specifically for reporting domain names that are listed for sale but where the lister does not currently, or perhaps ever, have ownership of the domain name.

Another way to do this would be to allow contact with the domain seller without making an offer.

Just a thought - I could not find a way to do it other than log in to my account and submit a feedback from, but really it should be possible to more directly do it in a way non-account holders could post and that routed only that kind of flag (for sale but not owner).

I presume most cases are oversights, but potentially it is dangerous to have domains listed by those who do not really own them.

@Joe Styler (my apologies if this is currently possible and I did just not see how to do it - BTW thank you for the incredibly responsive way you interact with NPs members here!)
The only way I know to do it is to email [email protected]. The better solution we have planned down the road is the use of txt records to validate listings. If the dns does not match the current user then the domain will not be listed for sale.

•••
Afternic is great sales channel, but something has to be done with the way of managing domain transactions. Maybe hiring even more staff & adding more automation etc. Things seem to get a bit worse now.

I had few delayed transactions that were closed only after I contacted support.

Now I have to monitor all my Afternic transactions on regular basis to look for delayed ones. It is very inconvenient.

Recently one domain registered at Namesilo was sold through Afternic DLS, yet the domain had "transfer processing" status for a while despite it was DLS transfer enabled, so I had to contact support. No response from support which is no surprise, but couple days later I got email from Namesilo saying the transfer will be complete on Sept 12. Then I received another email from Namesilo saying the transfer will be complete on Sept 17. Such a feeling that Afternic DLS fast transfer is not always fast and not automated much. Has anyone at Namesilo to manually check and approve Afternic transfer requests or anyone at Afternic manually send transfer requests to Namesilo even in case of DLS fast transfer enabled?

Another strange observation. Once I discovered a domain that was listed as pending sale. Few days later I got a message from Namesilo asking to confirm Afternic DLS fast transfer for this domain which I did, after that domain was no longer pending sale, and I was told by support that they didn't see it pending sale either.
Pending sale just means someone put it into the shopping cart at a partner registrar. That puts in on hold, how long depends on the partner, but typically not more than 48 hours. Once the shopping cart is emptied or the partner removes the hold the name pops back into a for sale status.

•••
I would like to give a recap of some of the things we have been working on this past year as I think by reading this thread some things get overlooked and it may seem as if we are not moving forward unless you take a step back and look at the big picture. We have been doing some really cool thing this year.

We have added many more registrars to the Afternic network which is resulting in more opportunities for your domains to be seen and purchased by end users around the world. We have had a pretty significant increase in registrar partners focused in Asia. That has been exciting because there is renewed demand there in "non-chip" domains as Chinese investors who purchased chip domains were exposed to Western Premium names as well. We also expanded the number of partners non fast transfer domains are listed for sale.

We have also expanded significantly in Europe over the past year in terms of partners as well as local presence and language support. This enables us to sell more of your domains to end users in Europe with local sales representatives calling and emailing the buyers in their own language and time zone.

We also added a local support team which has helped reduce response times for support inquiries and helped to smooth out the sales process.

We also worked on expanding the partnerships with registrars to bring in more expired domain name inventory from third parties. This gives you a better chance to acquire good investment domains in one place and then easily list them for sale on Afternic's expanded network to get the names maximum exposure for sales.

We released a new beta view for managing domains in the domain control center that is more bulk focused and also allows direct integration into Afternic from within your GoDaddy domain view. You can list and edit domains for sale within GoDaddy’s domain management screen.

The new payment system we are releasing has taken a lot of development resources, but this is enabling us to make more exciting changes in the future. We pay a lot of people money daily and there were various ways to do that, think affiliates, resellers, parking at three different parking companies we run, domain sales via GoDaddy and Afternic, etc. What we are doing is getting all the various payment channels piped into one system that goes through a third party which is enabled to pay more ways than we can easily do. International payments via local banks in local currency for instance.

This is a pretty big undertaking to redo the various payment platforms and tie them into one place but in the end the goal is to more easily pay you for all your various payments in one place and to do it faster than we have previously been able to do. This is the ultimate goal. There are some issues that are popping up short term as we move towards a better/faster payment system, but this will ultimately allow us to speed up payments down the road.

Paying through a third party will allow our developers to have more time freed up to focus on other important projects in the future which will help us more rapidly address things that will further improve the platform.

We are working on continuing to improve the support received. We have hired additional people and are restructuring the teams internally to make sure they are able to better leverage the various strengths we have. This has been underway for a few months and will continue into the next year as we continue to hire and re-align various teams to better respond to our customers.

Most recently we hired and trained a new support team for Europe that works with the current Aftermarket teams to help strengthen the overall support experience. We have seen some exciting results in the past month as the average response time has decreased significantly and the hours advanced Aftermarket support is available to the general support has expanded.

As far as ownership verification and fast transfer etc. We have had to make some changes due to GDPR (European law which impacted certain WHOIS information). We have released changes to the way GoDaddy auctions are listed and verified, based on txt records now instead of WHOIS. This has led to greater efficiency and better real time verification of listings, especially when ownership recently changed for a domain.

We are planning on expanding this to Afternic listings in the future. This should help clear up a common complaint which is, newly acquired domains being listed by the previous owner on Afternic require a contact with support to clear up. This should not happen once this release is completed.

We also released in Beta an appraisal tool which has been helpful for various aspects of domain investing. One of the most significant impacts has been getting end users to see the value of a domain as more than a registration fee.

We have made significant investments in Afternic and GoDaddy's Aftermarket throughout the past year and the net result has been more sales for our customers and better opportunities to purchase domain names via the expiry auction. We have seen increased Aftermarket purchases as buyers are able to more easily explain why a domain is valuable to their partners, boss, or board when deciding to buy a premium domain.

I know we have a lot of other work to do but I wanted to share some of the recent projects we have been working on to let you know we have been investing in the Aftermarket platform as a whole and that there have been good results overall. Ultimately, we are working to reduce friction points for buyers and sellers and we understand from a seller standpoint there are some things that still need to be worked on, better service, faster smoother payments, and bulk tools. We are working towards those things in addition to expanding sales opportunities for sellers and inventory opportunities for buyers.

•••
We have some other stuff coming this week which I will announce soon that is going to be helpful in selling domains on Afternic as well.

Last edited:
•••
@Haris did you get your payment yet?

Any good news from you @Arca ?

•••
•••
We also added a local support team which has helped reduce response times for support inquiries and helped to smooth out the sales process.
It sounds good since the nature of this change may indicate that afternic is working on responding 24/7 (in hours, not days or weeks).
?
Joe, in this aspect it would be great if GoDaddys premium service / executive accounts managers could be given more "power" (access) to afternic backend. I noticed that their access is very limited. Even read-only mode would be extremely helpful to better localize the issues. For example, if I have some afternic-related issue with GoDaddy-regged domain - where service @ afternic is/was unresponsive - resultingly I contacted my GoDaddy account manager - and in many cases he was basically able only to submit another ticket to aftermarket team on my behalf, nothing more... or personally asked somebody to finally respond.
Cc @Joe Styler

Last edited:
•••
It sounds good since the nature of this change may indicate that afternic is working on responding 24/7 (in hours, not days or weeks).
?
Joe, in this aspect it would be great if GoDaddys premium service / executive accounts managers could be given more "power" (access) to afternic backend. I noticed that their access is very limited. Even read-only mode would be extremely helpful to better localize the issues. For example, if I have some afternic-related issue with GoDaddy-regged domain - where service @ afternic is/was unresponsive - resultingly I contacted my GoDaddy account manager - and in many cases he was basically able only to submit another ticket to aftermarket team on my behalf, nothing more... or personally asked somebody to finally respond.
Cc @Joe Styler
Your premier rep sits very close to the Afternic support team. They can easily get up and go ask someone on the team and look at their computer screen if they want. It happens all the time. They are not blocked from seeing any information. That does not mean that the Afternic support agent has access to the information to answer your question. For example if your question is about being paid they may need to contact accounting to find out more information or a third party payment provider as an example. We do have a pretty comprehensive set of tools available to us including read access to a variety of things but there are times when something needs to be escalated to be resolved. If they are asking for a ticket to be submitted it's going to another department or a developer to be looked at further. Your premier rep has a lot of tools and resources to be able to assist you, it is always a good idea to loop them in.
If you are ever in the neighborhood let us know. I would be happy to show you around the office here and introduce you to the teams.

•••
If you are ever in the neighborhood let us know. I would be happy to show you around the office here and introduce you to the teams.
Fascinating :) You mean U.S. (Arizona in particular) or somewhere in Europe mentioned a few posts before?
Yeah I'd really appreciate an opportunity to do this someday

Last edited:
•••
@Joe Styler - it appears that the process of manual sales for fast-transfer-enabled domains is not yet free of bugs and should be further optimized. For example, earlier today I received an email from afternic ("<>.com Sold - Authorization Code Required") asking to manually unlock the domain and submit authcode for namesilo-regged domain which is listed on Afternic with fast transfer enabled. OK, I did this. Extra time spent... what prevented afternic from unlocking the domain and retreiving the code automatically? Again, the domain is fast-transfer-enabled. After receiving the code, afternic system immediately marked the transaction as finished even though the domain was not yet delivered to the buyer. It is incorrect. I would not mind to be paid faster (which I beleive will now happen), but, trust me, the domain is still at my namesilo account.

Later today registrar transfer was finally started on gaining registrar end, as namesilo sent me a link to approve/reject the transfer-away request (or to do nothing). It is my understanding that this transfer-away request is legitimate as afternic was the only system I provided authcode to... But, afternic did not inform me that the transfer was started and from what registrar. As a responsible seller, I would like to deliver the domain as fast as possible - so, should I positively respond to transfer-away namesilo request right now (so the buyer will receive the domain immediately) OR should I do nothing (so the buyer will receive the domain after 5 days)? Asking here since afternic system did not send me any further requests or instructions, and the whole situation is not account- or domain-specific I think

Last edited:
•••
Sometimes names can't fast transfer even if they are opted in. If that happens we ask for the code to move the domain or for you to push the domain to a holding account.
When we say completed we don't mean the domain moved and you were paid. We mean your actions for this sale are completed. We don't need you to do anything else. The support manager was actually discussing this with me earlier today and he has requested they make this more clear in the interface that we don't want you to do anything else but there is still work to be done by other parties.
It really depends on where the domain is moving, most registrars won't let you start a transfer without first providing a valid authorization code, some will. You should get an email from us saying we are starting to move your domain which should let you know that it is us requesting the transfer coupled with the fact that we more than likely needed the correct auth code to start the transaction. If you have any doubt you can email [email protected] or ask your account rep.

•••
@Joe Styler 52 days after sale and transfer of Dancing/Leopard.com I am still waiting for funds. I received an email 10 days ago on 21st September that payment has been sent but I still haven't received it. I need the SWIFT copy ASAP so I can ask my bank to trace the funds. Do the same on your end. This is at least the 3rd time funds are late and I asked for the SWIFT copy but I have never ever received it for any transaction. While at Escrow.com every time I ask for it they give it to me within 2 days.

Last edited:
•••
Okay so within 2 hours I have received payment documents (not SWIFT copy, but hopefully those won't be needed) for 2 delayed transactions and the support teams for both AfterNic and GoDaddy have never been that fast in responding. Great work in that area. Now I just hope that all the bugs get fixed and payments are never delayed so we don't have to contact support teams so much. lol

•••
OMG. Today I sent an email to service @ afternic asking to approve stalled "in review" domain, and received a response after 18 minutes exactly. Not days like before. @Joe Styler - please keep up the good work. Hope it was not a bug with ticketing system ; - )

Last edited:
•••
Domain Dancing/Leopard sold on 10th August.. a month later AfterNic realized that the reason the payment hasn't been released is because I needed to submit additional documents, Did that and payment according to Tilpati and AfterNic was released on 21st September. I thought I would receive it in less than a week but now 69 days later I am still waiting for it. My bank told me that it will be received in 2 days a week ago but still nothing.

And yesterday I received an email from Tilpati that "An ID is needed for a compliance request from our partnered bank. If this is not provided soon, funds will be seized."

I don't get it. Funds were released after I submitted ID to GoDaddy who forwarded it to Tilpati (According to support team) and now they are back at it again.. Anyways I have given another ID to Tilpati directly.. hopefully I will be paid in a week or two. Fortunately even though I do this full time and I have no other way of earning money I am financially stable and I don't mind delayed payments but this is weird stuff.

I wish AfterNic didn't had to partner with another company for payment processing because all this me giving them a document and them forwarding it to their partner is not productive at all.

And BTW I also received a SWIFT copy from AfterNic after I asked for it for weeks. I am still waiting for the SWIFT copy of another pending transaction which, according to AfterNic was also released on 21st September. Support has been quick to reply but "we will ask our accounting department" stuff is not helping.

•••
@Joe Styler

My funds have been seized and only AfterNic is at fault!

Who the fuck is Philip S. Newell at GoDaddy/AfterNic? Your partners at Tipalti (Daniel Sim) have been emailing you since September 20 asking for additional documents from me and that is after the payment was supposed to be released after I submitted my ID.

Sep 20
Hi Philip,

The following payee 1939446 has a payment in transit. Our banking partner has asked for additional information.

We did send a request to provide an ID, but we want to follow up via email as well so the payment is not held or blocked.

Please provide a valid ID

They sent multiple emails to you and Philip replied

I have not heard anything back from our customer team yet…

I kept emailing you guys asking for information/SWIFT message because funds were not received. The idiots at AfterNic never told me they needed another ID, They gave me a useless payment report instead of SWIFT and that couldn't track the transaction. I again asked for SWIFT message and the idiots at AfterNic asked me what is a SWIFT message? WHAT THE FUCK? You guys deal with payments all the time and your 'support' teams don't even know what a SWIFT message is? One can spend a second on Google and find out. I finally received the SWIFT message a week later. But still they had no idea that Tipalti was asking for another ID and threatened that the funds will be seized.

Oct 4
Hey Philip,

Just wanted to give you an update for this payment. If we do not receive an ID after the 15 day mark, this payment will be rejected or seized.

Oct 9
This payment will be seized if we do not provide the information that is needed.

Please provide me with an update here

Oct 16
An ID is needed for a compliance request from our partnered bank. If this is not provided soon, funds will be seized.

Tipalti never received a single reply in 20 days from the bastards at AfterNic.. what do you guys take 20% commission for?

Tipalti finally realized that AfterNic is filled with incompetent scum and emailed me directly and within 2 days I sent my passport copy but it was too late.

Unfortunately, the information was not provided in time and the funds have been seized.

Through blocking, the funds associated with this transaction have been placed into an internal interest bearing account where they are required to remain until such time that OFAC issues a general or specific license allowing the release of these funds. Although the originator on the wire transfer retains ownership of the funds, a license from OFAC is required to release the funds to them.

You or the payee may apply for this license so that the funds may be released.

http://www.treasury.gov/resource-center/sanctions/Pages/licensing.aspx

Please let me know if you have any questions.

AfterNic must do everything they can to give me my money. According to the last email AfterNic still has the ownership of the funds so I don't care about these funds, start another wire transfer and give me my money and deal with the seized funds yourself.

•••
I reached out to support and they and accounting are already looking into it for you. It seems a bit unfortunate that we were thrown under the bus here. As you can see from the side of the correspondence you have access to we didn't know for almost a month that you needed to provide an ID. We can't see what they tell you on our screens. When we found out you needed to send an ID in, we asked them to tell us where you are supposed to send it, what ID was needed, etc. We couldn't reach out to you to say - Send in an ID please. Where to? Sorry we don't know just send it? Which ID? Again we weren't told just send one. We had no response until after you sent the ID directly to them which was after the cut off.
We take that pretty seriously and are following up with the vendor to make sure this doesn't continue. The team here is also looking at how to get you paid correctly without any further issues from the vendor or your bank.

•••
It seems a bit unfortunate that we were thrown under the bus here

AfterNic is under the bus because of their own mistakes. Go ask Philip S. Newell why was he not replying to Daniel Sim's emails for 20 days and now suddenly got his head out of his ass and emailed everyone this:

Support: Please stop all these emails discussing this customer issue.

I will work with Camy to determine the necessary response and also develop a go forward plan.
Camy, do you have time for a call on Friday afternoon?

Regards Phil

Yea if Camy has time on Friday then they will think what to do about this issue, would've been easier if he checked his emails in the past 3 weeks. Go to him and check his email account, slap him on the back of his head and ask him what was he doing in the office, playing minesweeper?

we didn't know for almost a month that you needed to provide an ID

Was AfterNic relying on just one person to read the emails from Tipalti? I don't think that's the case, He must've CC'd the emails to others too especially the ones from Oct 9. But if he is sending emails to Philip only than still AfterNic should've known because he works at AfterNic! There can be no excuse for not knowing this.

And If you were not aware then why did Philip said "I have not heard anything back from our customer team yet…" on Sep 27? One week after according to AfterNic payment was released. After that Philip never replied to multiple emails from Daniel Sim. At least Philip knew that another ID was needed.

We can't see what they tell you on our screens.

Tipalti hasn't directly told me what conversation they had with you, I can see the conversation when they CC'd me. And you can check those emails too as they were being sent to Jason Polenick and [email protected] and now they have been sent to service@afternic and many other members of AfterNic by Tipalti.

Last email from Daniel Sim:
We have been reaching out since 9/20/2018 with Philip requesting them to reach out to you for this. We also informed them that if we did not receive the ID in a timely manner that funds would be blocked/seized.

We followed up multiple times asking for updates and did not receive anything. I apologize for the inconvenience, but like I explained in the previous message, a license from OFAC is required to release the funds. You or GoDaddy can apply for this license using the link below. I will also do my best in trying to apply for this license.

And an email from Kyle Medutis (Tipalti Compliance)
We are sorry about the delay in the situation. To clarify, all parties were notified when we requested the ID. We requested the information directly in the system for the payee on August 24th, September 20th, and October 11th. Below is the context of the email.
-----
Hi Muhammad Haris,

Our compliance department requires additional information regarding your account.

Please provide: full name, address, date of birth, place of birth, citizenship, and nationality.
Please also provide a scanned copy of your passport (or similar valid ID).

Please login to the payments section of your account to upload the documents.

Thank you,
The GoDaddy team.
-----

The way to recover is to get a license from the treasury: http://www.treasury.gov/resource-center/sanctions/Pages/licensing.aspx. We are double checking to see if there are additional steps to recover the funds.

We do sincerely apologize for any delay or issue this has caused.

Let me know if there are further questions or concerns.

I had already submitted my ID and it was not mentioned that my ID was rejected and I had to submit a new ID. I still logged in and went to the payment section where the option to upload the documents was not there, I reached out to support but received no replies.

When we found out you needed to send an ID in, we asked them to tell us where you are supposed to send it, what ID was needed, etc. We couldn't reach out to you to say - Send in an ID please. Where to? Sorry we don't know just send it? Which ID? Again we weren't told just send one. We had no response until after you sent the ID directly to them which was after the cut off.

Then Tipalti is at fault too, but I shouldn't suffer for your and Tipalti's mistake. I guess if AfterNic (other than Philip) didn't knew that another ID was needed "for almost a month" as you said above than you knew about it for no more than a week before payment was seized.. what should I say about it...

We take that pretty seriously and are following up with the vendor to make sure this doesn't continue. The team here is also looking at how to get you paid correctly without any further issues from the vendor or your bank

Think about this Joe, the domain sold AND transferred on 10th August and it has been 2.5 months. At most I should've received payment in 15 days, what if GoDaddy doesn't give you your salary for 2 months? And it isn't just these 2 months, I have no idea when I will get my money, it may take many more months unless you start a wire transfer of $2399 for me right now and wait for the seized funds to be released back to you.

Approximately how much time can it take?

Last edited:
•••
The accounting department and the support department are working on it. I can't give you a timeframe until I hear back from them.

•••
You will have a new payment issued next week.

•••
You will have a new payment issued next week.

Thank you very much. I never thought you would do it, hopefully your funds will be released soon.

•••
Please label PayPal payments to include the domain name in the notes. Without the domain name noted, it makes tax season incredibly difficult.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back