IT.COM

Problems, Bugs and Fixes at Afternic - Report Problems Here

NameSilo
Watch
I suggest a new thread titled Problems, Bugs and Fixes at Afternic - Report Problems Here. Then we can all list our issues so Afternic have to fix them. These Afternic probs have been repeatedly flagged up across numerous threads on here over a period of time, including the need for 2FA. Godaddy own Afternic and have the resources and motivation to fix it - this risky mess is unacceptable and reflects badly on their brand.

For info, Afternic keep reverting some of my domains to "In Review" status for no reason, and I only know that if I log in there to check on them. Until I then ask support to take them out of Review they are not listed for sale and will not sell at Afternic.

@Joe Styler When can we expect Godaddy to take action on Afternic, including implementing 2FA?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
The new system does not show the sold date of the domain, so you there is no record in my account of when a domain sold anymore. Can you please re-add this? Any domain seller who keeps a record of sales would like this info, and every marketplace except Afternic provide this info. Even for domains currently in escrow it is not possible to find out which day the domain sold on (at least I have been unable to find the area where this info is shown).
This is being worked on and a fix will be released shortly.
Three weeks ago the person in charge of releasing the new transaction noted that a fix addressing the lack of a sold date for domain transactions would be introduced shortly. It has not been released yet.

•••
How can I rename payment nickname and delete payment info?

•••
•••
Three weeks ago the person in charge of releasing the new transaction noted that a fix addressing the lack of a sold date for domain transactions would be introduced shortly. It has not been released yet.
it is being worked on. It got bumped out a bit so all hands could be used to make sure people with payment issues were taken care of first.

•••
Thanks everyone for the feedback and your patience. It seems like we are starting to make some decent progress resolving things and will have a better solution than the previous one once all the bugs are resolved. I appreciate all the feedback and will continue to help as I can.

•••
Expecting payment today - May 3rd, nothing as of yet. :xf.frown:

•••
I just noticed that some of my domains which should be in fast transfer, are not. I believe they are being downgraded out of fast transfer due to some glitch in Afternic.

Anyone else noticed this happening to some of their names? Any theories on why it happens?

•••
I just noticed that some of my domains which should be in fast transfer, are not. I believe they are being downgraded out of fast transfer due to some glitch in Afternic.

Anyone else noticed this happening to some of their names? Any theories on why it happens?

same thing here. 90% of my domains which I opted in fast transfer show "opt in required". I thought this has happened because I added all the domains to GD auctions as make offer. But at AfterNic partner registrars, my domains are showed with BIN price when I search them.

•••
I thought this has happened because I added all the domains to GD auctions as make offer.

I never added my names where it has happened to GD Auctions, so I doubt that is what is causing it.

•••
•••
I wonder if Afternic is aware of this. How could they not be?

They make a point to encourage people to opt-in to fast transfer, and tout it as resulting in higher sell-through rates / more revenue. It would be in Afternic's interest to fix this bug, but they do not seem motivated at all to actually get to the root of their bugs and fix them. They seem always to only want to paper over them with short-term fixes that fall apart again quickly.

•••
Expecting payment today - May 3rd, nothing as of yet. :xf.frown:

Payment received. (y)

Even though it's just $1 extra fee for PayPal, we're already paying a whopping 20%. There shouldn't be a fee for PayPal at all. If Afternic really cares about it's sellers they should remove this $1 fee for PayPal.

Doesn't the 20% cover your fees? Are you that greedy? :facepalm:

Last edited:
•••
The emails should now be working as of about a half hour after you posted this they were updated.
Thanks for getting this fixed, I just received a "congrats domain.com has sold via Afternic Fast Transfer DLS" email.

•••
•••
We are in the process of rolling out a new transaction assurance (TA) in place of escrow. Part of what you are seeing is a result of the new roll out. The sales will populate again once the release it fully completed which will be today. Also we will be sending out emails to let people know. You should be getting one so shortly. This has several benefits to you as a seller. The gist of it is that we are now taking every name into an Afternic holding account and then moving it to the buyer. Once we get control of the domain we can pay you instead of waiting for the buyer to accept the domain or complete the transfer into their account.
Is this feature in effect? What is supposed to happen after Afternic takes control of a sold domain? Payouts are currently not scheduled/made after Afternic receives (and acknowledges the receipt of) a domain into their holding account.

•••
So not getting paid on the other domain I sold last month. Estimated payout date was May 5th. I'm told it is caught up and will take another few days. I thought all this was resolved.

•••
Just got a 3 conflicting emails from Afternic on a new sold domain name. I had to call in to verify that it is okay to transfer the domain.

Email 1: from [email protected] "Congratulations, pending financial verification ********.com has sold through the Afternic network."

Email 2: from [email protected] "Great news, we have successfully verified funds for ********.com."

Email 3: from [email protected] "********.com has sold! We are currently working on verifying the buyer’s funds and will notify you once they are confirmed.

•••
Is this feature in effect? What is supposed to happen after Afternic takes control of a sold domain? Payouts are currently not scheduled/made after Afternic receives (and acknowledges the receipt of) a domain into their holding account.
It is not in effect yet but it was a part of the benefit of us changing this around and is being actively worked on.

•••
Just got a 3 conflicting emails from Afternic on a new sold domain name. I had to call in to verify that it is okay to transfer the domain.

Email 1: from [email protected] "Congratulations, pending financial verification ********.com has sold through the Afternic network."

Email 2: from [email protected] "Great news, we have successfully verified funds for ********.com."

Email 3: from [email protected] "********.com has sold! We are currently working on verifying the buyer’s funds and will notify you once they are confirmed.
Let me know the domain and we can track the emails to see if they left our servers in the right order. They should so it could be something holding up one of the emails.

Otherwise this is good to see it working like this as it is part of an improvement we built on the new system. Previously when you sold a domain name with us we did not notify you of it UNTIL the funds cleared and we knew the sale was good. We had feedback from many customers that they would like to know when a domain is purchased of theirs regardless of the status of the funds so they know for instance if they get a transfer email it is not someone trying to steal the domain, or if they start getting inquiries on the name while the funds are verifying that the name is "sold" already (assuming there is no fraud such as a stolen credit card which is extremely low).

•••
Let me know the domain and we can track the emails to see if they left our servers in the right order. They should so it could be something holding up one of the emails.

Otherwise this is good to see it working like this as it is part of an improvement we built on the new system. Previously when you sold a domain name with us we did not notify you of it UNTIL the funds cleared and we knew the sale was good. We had feedback from many customers that they would like to know when a domain is purchased of theirs regardless of the status of the funds so they know for instance if they get a transfer email it is not someone trying to steal the domain, or if they start getting inquiries on the name while the funds are verifying that the name is "sold" already (assuming there is no fraud such as a stolen credit card which is extremely low).

The emails all came at the same time. I was told the funds have cleared and to transfer the domain.

•••
•••
Here's another one of the big offenders of listing names he doesn't own:

domcollect.png

•••
@Joe Styler - Since the new transaction system was introduced neither "Earnings on Domains Sold" nor
"Domains Sold Gross (Before Afternic Commission)" update/work anymore under "Account Summary" in the top left area of the account dashboard.

•••
Thanks I will send that up. Also I am leaving for the domain conference in Germany shortly so my responses over the next week will be delayed greatly as I am busy working there.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back