NameSilo

Problems, Bugs and Fixes at Afternic - Report Problems Here

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I suggest a new thread titled Problems, Bugs and Fixes at Afternic - Report Problems Here. Then we can all list our issues so Afternic have to fix them. These Afternic probs have been repeatedly flagged up across numerous threads on here over a period of time, including the need for 2FA. Godaddy own Afternic and have the resources and motivation to fix it - this risky mess is unacceptable and reflects badly on their brand.

For info, Afternic keep reverting some of my domains to "In Review" status for no reason, and I only know that if I log in there to check on them. Until I then ask support to take them out of Review they are not listed for sale and will not sell at Afternic.

@Joe Styler When can we expect Godaddy to take action on Afternic, including implementing 2FA?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
so we have to delete all :xf.frown: and relist them.

•••
•••
When you try to filter for In Review names, it shows all your names right? Because like I said, it shows your in review names and it also shows all your NON-fast transfer names. Which in your case is all your names. That's how it is for me, at least.

Ah.. I misunderstood your earlier comment and thought that FT names are included (instead of non-FT names are included). My bad. Thank you for the clarification.

•••
Today one of may Fast Transfer domains has sold. Now they are expecting me to push the domain to the Afternic's account within domain's registrar.

With previous setup FT enabled domain would be handled instantly and by themselves.

Last edited:
•••
Another strange thing with my sale - at the domain level payout method is Non US Wire:

TA settings.png

Whilst my account setting are different and I've chosen PayPal as my default payout:

Account settings.png

:xf.confused::xf.confused::xf.confused:

•••
Last edited:
•••
Today is
upload_2017-5-1_21-46-9.png

still no payment :xf.cry::xf.cry::xf.cry::xf.cry::xf.cry::xf.cry::grumpy:

The domain name has been AUTOMATICALLY transferred.

Afternic stole my name?!:xf.cry::xf.cry::xf.cry::xf.cry::xf.cry::xf.cry::panda::panda::bear:

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
Well, another promise broken. I was told I was going to get paid yesterday, Monday. Didn't happen. This is after I was told I was going to get paid last Thursday which didn't happen. And also a week before that. I feel like that sucker that lent someone money who keeps hounding the borrower to see if they have it yet.

I guarantee you if Afternic was having problems processing / receiving payments they would have the entire force working on it around the clock 24/7 until it was resolved.

It looks like I will have to get on the phone AGAIN.

•••
•••
•••
Notification emails are still not being sent out for fast-transfer sales. Sometimes I log in to afternic.com discover that a domain has sold and completed the transfer out already, but Afternic's new system does not send out emails for such sales. The old system sent out emails to notify you whenever a domain sold, regardless of whether it was a premium or regular network sale. Please add this email notification feature to the new system.

The "Account Summary" was broken in the old system and it is still broken in the new one. Please fix it.

Some brokers work on your inbound leads/offers without asking for your permission to do so first. I just had a broker mess up a sale by negotiating with the buyer without my knowledge or consent. If a domain does not have a floor price, brokers must ask permission to work a lead first. The senior brokers follow this rule, but some of the lower level brokers just reach out to negotiate with the buyer without asking for your permission or checking the price you have in mind. This can mess up potential sales. Please make sure all brokers ask for permission to work an inbound lead before doing so.

•••
•••
How do you disable fast-transfer on a domain at Afternic?

I can't seem to find an option there for that.

The other obvious quick methods are set domain status to hidden, or delete the listing, or set the sale price so high that the domain is no longer eligible for fast-transfer.
Don't opt in at your registrar or record, meaning dont click the link they send you to allow the domain for sale. However not listing it as fast transfer will result in less overall sales.

•••
Don't opt in at your registrar or record, meaning dont click the link they send you to allow the domain for sale. However not listing it as fast transfer will result in less overall sales.

I think you may have misunderstood my question.

I no longer want any domains to have fast-transfer status at Afternic because is is not worth the trouble and risk - having to keep checking up to see if anything has disappeared is not justfiable.

So my question, which various people have answered in helpful ways, is how to disable fast-transfer on a domain at Afternic once it has been enabled there.

Quite simply, there is no inbuilt setting for that at Afternic. I'll repeat my constructive suggestion: at Afternic there should be a global switch to turn off fast-transfer on all domains or even a bulk-selected batch.

•••
Well, another promise broken. I was told I was going to get paid yesterday, Monday. Didn't happen. This is after I was told I was going to get paid last Thursday which didn't happen. And also a week before that. I feel like that sucker that lent someone money who keeps hounding the borrower to see if they have it yet.

I guarantee you if Afternic was having problems processing / receiving payments they would have the entire force working on it around the clock 24/7 until it was resolved.

It looks like I will have to get on the phone AGAIN.
Sorry to hear about your payment delays, have you been paid Tuesday at least?

•••
I'll come back in a year and see if the problems have been fixed yet. Til then, I'll keep waiting for my payment from that March sale. Good luck to everyone else.

•••
Thanks @wwwweb. I still haven't been paid. I called in again today and the Afternic customer service rep told me she was incredibly sorry, that I am not alone, that the payment is in queue, and there is now no specific date that I should expect to be paid but that it will happen eventually.

•••
•••
Yeah it appears that I have to re-enter my payment information, which I guess includes giving up social security/TIN again?

I just gave this info to Afternic maybe 6 months ago, and I guess they lost it in the meantime.

What a f*cking sh*tshow.
Part of the new rollout involved us switching to a new payment vendor. If you are setting a new payment for the vendor they need a copy of the tax information in some cases.
Notification emails are still not being sent out for fast-transfer sales. Sometimes I log in to afternic.com discover that a domain has sold and completed the transfer out already, but Afternic's new system does not send out emails for such sales. The old system sent out emails to notify you whenever a domain sold, regardless of whether it was a premium or regular network sale. Please add this email notification feature to the new system.

The "Account Summary" was broken in the old system and it is still broken in the new one. Please fix it.

Some brokers work on your inbound leads/offers without asking for your permission to do so first. I just had a broker mess up a sale by negotiating with the buyer without my knowledge or consent. If a domain does not have a floor price, brokers must ask permission to work a lead first. The senior brokers follow this rule, but some of the lower level brokers just reach out to negotiate with the buyer without asking for your permission or checking the price you have in mind. This can mess up potential sales. Please make sure all brokers ask for permission to work an inbound lead before doing so.
The emails should now be working as of about a half hour after you posted this they were updated.

•••
The threads are multiplying because the problems a re multiplying. This might have run differently if Afternic had announced the coming changes and sought feedback instead of rolling the changes out quietly and letting people struggle and find out that stuff is not working.
It seems the technical stuff can be fixed in house pretty quickly, small coding tweaks.

The main concern is people who have not been paid for weeks, how is this payment processor running their order of operations, it seems so random, it should be in a FIFO type method. If Godaddy does not get payment in 3 days, your account is suspended, I really feel for some people not being paid for weeks, as they have obligations, and bills, and you need to apply some pressure to the payment processor to maybe hire more help, as more business for you, is more business for them, win win, but nobody wants to chase, and sit waiting while afternic agents talk to accounting on where payments are? Accounting stating payments are sent to processor, and out of their hands, as money is in space somewhere.

When you hear things like payment is sent, but I don't know when I will be paid, it just does not sound like we are in 2017, more so 1997.

It is a big waste of everyone's time from godaddy staff to the sellers.

We are a few people discussing here, but support told me this is a larger issue than just a few people, there is alot of people who are awaiting payments.

Last edited:
•••
The emails should now be working as of about a half hour after you posted this they were updated.

Yes, it appears this issue is fixed now. I just received my first email from TA that one of my fast transfer domains has sold through your DLS network.

•••
Just got paid on a domain that the estimated payout date was April 23rd. Hope everyone is starting to getting paid now.

•••
I'm a former Realtor and I dont expect that these 2 industries share the same procedures BUT:

I received from an Afternic broker a buyer's offer of 2k (for a name i listed for $3.495)

I accepted the Offer but apparently they cant establish a contact with the buyer.

I just wanted to know if when a broker comes to a seller with an offer they "secure" the offer somehow or ust by words...

When I accept an offer i delete the name from the platforms i listed on.. for respect of the buyer.

I'm just Curious

Don

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back