IT.COM

Problems, Bugs and Fixes at Afternic - Report Problems Here

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I suggest a new thread titled Problems, Bugs and Fixes at Afternic - Report Problems Here. Then we can all list our issues so Afternic have to fix them. These Afternic probs have been repeatedly flagged up across numerous threads on here over a period of time, including the need for 2FA. Godaddy own Afternic and have the resources and motivation to fix it - this risky mess is unacceptable and reflects badly on their brand.

For info, Afternic keep reverting some of my domains to "In Review" status for no reason, and I only know that if I log in there to check on them. Until I then ask support to take them out of Review they are not listed for sale and will not sell at Afternic.

@Joe Styler When can we expect Godaddy to take action on Afternic, including implementing 2FA?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Has anyone gotten paid recently? Did you get paid on time or did it happen after a protracted waiting period?

It seems like no disbursements are being made anymore (?), I am waiting for four overdue payments now! The new system launched 2 months ago - why is this still an issue?

Anyone been able to get in touch with Transaction Assurance regarding payments? I'm not getting any kind of response, which is not exactly "assuring". This system has a misleading name. They should change it from "Transaction Assurance" to "Transaction Anxiety" to more accurately describe the modus operandi and effects this system is having on sellers;)

•••
Has anyone gotten paid recently? Did you get paid on time or did it happen after a protracted waiting period?

It seems like no disbursements are being made anymore (?), I am waiting for four overdue payments now! The new system launched 2 months ago - why is this still an issue?

Anyone been able to get in touch with Transaction Assurance regarding payments? I'm not getting any kind of response, which is not exactly "assuring". This system has a misleading name. They should change it from "Transaction Assurance" to "Transaction Anxiety" to more accurately describe the modus operandi and effects this system is having on sellers;)

I'm waiting for a payment since April. I haven't received any answer from them...

•••
The payment system did send out payments to me for a short period (after lots of outrage by a number of users here on NP after no payments had been made for an extended period of time). But over the past 2 weeks, the system seems to have returned to making no payments at all again, at least on my end. Both manual transfer sales and automated transfers sales are not being paid out since mid-May.

•••
The payment system did send out payments to me for a short period (after lots of outrage by a number of users here on NP after no payments had been made for an extended period of time). But over the past 2 weeks, the system seems to have returned to making no payments at all again, at least on my end. Both manual transfer sales and automated transfers sales are not being paid out since mid-May.
same here for my 3 payments
No response from TA

•••
I've just sent the TA agent an angry message that either they send the payment very fast, or I reject the whole transaction and claim back the domain. I'm so pissed now.

•••
I have been posting my Afternic (non) payment issues on the other Afternic thread, started by Joe Styler. This is what I posted there this morning:

I have now received confirmation from Afternic support that my Paypal has been finally re-set in my Afternic account. What is confusing is that the Account Details dashboard does not correctly show this and my two recent sales payments are still showing as "Non-US-Wire" (for payment method). Also both payments are now past due.

The Afternic support email acknowledged that "there is a known issue regarding payouts and we are working to get this resolved immediately". So for those of you waiting in limbo for payment, it isn't just you. There is indeed an Afternic problem (after the recent site changes) with setting and receiving payments for some sellers.

•••
I have been posting my Afternic (non) payment issues on the other Afternic thread, started by Joe Styler. This is what I posted there this morning:

I have now received confirmation from Afternic support that my Paypal has been finally re-set in my Afternic account. What is confusing is that the Account Details dashboard does not correctly show this and my two recent sales payments are still showing as "Non-US-Wire" (for payment method). Also both payments are now past due.

The Afternic support email acknowledged that "there is a known issue regarding payouts and we are working to get this resolved immediately". So for those of you waiting in limbo for payment, it isn't just you. There is indeed an Afternic problem (after the recent site changes) with setting and receiving payments for some sellers.

I received a similar message around a month ago. This is far from being resolved "immediately" :( The good news is that I've just received an email from them stating the payment "has been successfully scheduled". We'll see :)

•••
We would like notifications / receipts that our messages to TA Agents were successfully sent. This is basic user experience stuff.

•••

My PayPal has been set up correctly all along, so having PayPal set up correctly might not be much of a fix. The payout issues are not recent, they have been known for 2 months now.
The good news is that I've just received an email from them stating the payment "has been successfully scheduled". We'll see :)
Is it an automated email from their system or did TA manually look into it and send you that update?

•••
We would like notifications / receipts that our messages to TA Agents were successfully sent. This is basic user experience stuff.
They should bring back the chat bubbles from the old system. Going from chat bubbles (a clear online record of communications) + escrow agents always responding, to a system where we have no records of whether messages have even been sent/read, and where TA agents almost never respond to any messages is a big downgrade. What's the point of downgrading the system?

Just noticed that we are no longer able to see where a sale came from as well. So I have no idea whether somebody bought a name via type-in, premium network, or standard network anymore. I need this info to make an informed decision about how to use Afternic. What's the point of stripping Afternic of everything that worked and was useful for sellers? We are not even provided with the "sold" date of a domain anymore.

•••
I have paid over 2 weeks ago but Afternic.com does not send confirmation link of transfer to me. Over 10 e-mails sent to them (different parts) but still no answer. Are they scam?

•••
My PayPal has been set up correctly all along, so having PayPal set up correctly might not be much of a fix. The payout issues are not recent, they have been known for 2 months now.

Is it an automated email from their system or did TA manually look into it and send you that update?

My two sales were in early May, with projected payout dates of May 19th and 23rd. When I saw the Paypal option was missing from my Account Details, and "Non-US-Wire" showed instead, I emailed the TA agent through the account dashboard. No reply at all (which doesn't seem a surprise after reading this thread).

After 3 days of no reply, I emailed Afternic support and it was 4 days before I heard back with information how to re-set the Paypal (the Edit function previously seemed gone from my account). I emailed Afternic again asking them to confirm the Paypal re-set was successful. After another 4 days, I did hear back yesterday and it was from an individual and not an auto-response. That's where I got the line about the "known issue" from. I'm really disheartened to hear this is an issue that has been known for some time.

•••
My two sales were in early May, with projected payout dates of May 19th and 23rd. When I saw the Paypal option was missing from my Account Details, and "Non-US-Wire" showed instead, I emailed the TA agent through the account dashboard. No reply at all (which doesn't seem a surprise after reading this thread).

After 3 days of no reply, I emailed Afternic support and it was 4 days before I heard back with information how to re-set the Paypal (the Edit function previously seemed gone from my account). I emailed Afternic again asking them to confirm the Paypal re-set was successful. After another 4 days, I did hear back yesterday and it was from an individual and not an auto-response. That's where I got the line about the "known issue" from. I'm really disheartened to hear this is an issue that has been known for some time.
"Wire" actually means "PayPal" at Afternic, so your payment might have been set up correctly all along.

Do let us know when you receive your payments.

•••
"Wire" actually means "PayPal" at Afternic, so your payment might have been set up correctly all along.

Do let us know when you receive your payments.

I did think of that, but it was a change from my previous earlier sales where the sales information clearly showed as Paypal. Also, the Account Details for Sales Payments was completely blank after the recent Afternic "upgrade".

At this point I'm not holding my breath, but will certainly post when I get payment...

•••
@Joe Styler - Can you please let us know which Afternic email address we can use to reach and get a reply from the "Transaction Assurance"/escrow team regarding domain transfers and missing payments for sold domains?

•••
You need to edit email templates:
"You will receive an email within 1-3 business days to notify you when your payment has been sent to you."
even though website shows that it will be at least a week after transaction is completed... well, probably later with all the problems....

•••
•••
•••
•••
I have paid over 2 weeks ago but Afternic.com does not send confirmation link of transfer to me. Over 10 e-mails sent to them (different parts) but still no answer. Are they scam?

I purchased a domain from afternic on the 20th of last month, my payment went through but I haven't heard anything back since then. Trying to contact them but no luck.. @Joe Styler can you advise please

•••
•••
•••
These emails are currently being used by Afternic:

[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

Which email do you find to be the most effective in terms of getting things solved?
You can just reply to whichever one you were sent. They are sent from different addresses for a reason it helps in routing the question to the right team/place in the product you need help with.

If you have a general question email [email protected] and they can help you or get you to the right team to help.

•••
Maybe there needs to be a "Great things about Afternic" thread on here too because one sided threads like this does not do a companies reputation any good what so ever. I mean it looks like a complete s#%t show when you read through this thread and the Update thread.

I don't know the history to it all and I've never really used Afternic but I looks like there was an update to fix something that wasn't broken which ended up breaking it.

•••
@Joe Styler - Is there an estimated time-frame for when the Afternic payout system will start working again?
Can we expect overdue payments to be disbursed within a few days, or should we be prepared to wait for a longer period of time before being paid? (i.e. 1-2 more weeks). It would be great if you could clarify how far you have gotten in terms of resolving this issue.

As payments were being made for a period of time, after a period of no payments being made, I thought this issue had been resolved, and expected Afternic to pay me for my sales in a timely manner again. Had I known in advance that this had become an issue once more, it would not have been a significant problem for me. However, because it seemed like this had been solved (people, including me, were getting paid again for a period), I have unfortunately made plans (and incurred expenses) based on the expectation that Afternic would make payouts for sold domains as scheduled by your own system. But because your system is not sending out payments anymore, this situation has put me into an inconvenient negative cash flow situation, so I hope you will be able to start paying sellers again shortly.

Also, if the system is fixed and starts sending out payments again, and then later stops working, it would be very helpful if you could stop by this thread and post a quick note about it. If we know in advance that Afternic is not going to make payments to us, at least it won't catch us off guard like this. Expecting to be paid on time and then not being sent any payment can cause a lot of inconvenience for sellers.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back