Dynadot

Pheenix Backorder

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

SyedBilal

Established Member
Impact
I am new at back ordering domains, i have had never used this service before. Well, I am looking for a service which works with "first come first served". I don't want to enter auction and win the domain name just like other back ordering services like, Godaddy, NameJet, Snapnames, Pool etc. Im looking for a service which simple transfer the domain name after catching it for me.

How does Pheenix work? Does it take user to the auction if more than 1 user back orders the same domain name?

Any suggestions?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
number of domains you can attempt to B/O are hindering though.

David, you can email to get that limit lifted. I believe that one is in place to keep a check & tab on new users who go on backordering spree and fail to pay their dues IMHO

•••
I could be wrong, but I believe I did see a B/O on a name Pheenix caught on another venue.

You are right David, this does happen sometimes; I do the same. If it's a name I'm willing to spend a minimum of $69 on, I add some insurance and B/O with Pheenix as well.

•••
You are right David, this does happen sometimes; I do the same. If it's a name I'm willing to spend a minimum of $69 on, I add some insurance and B/O with Pheenix as well.
Ya, gotta get that email addy to lift my limit (next error I see, but don't want to B/O a bunch of random names right now to see it or they may not lift it :-P).

•••
If you are transfering do godaddy - then Yes, the transfers would be delayed on godaddys end as their system is unfortunately unable to correctly parse whois output of 90% pheenix-regged domains, even though whois.pheenix.com returns whois records in correct industry-standard format and works 24/7/365... We did not notice a single issue with whois parsing for transfers initiated from any other registrar around

We however noticed another issue - not a critical though - which is an opportunity to expedite transfer-aways on pheenix end (by manually approving the transfer) as it is often not offered by pheenix... available for some domains only. Of course, since pheenix is not positioning itself as an end-user-oriented registrar, does not seem to offer online real-time domain renewals and some other registrar-specific features are not (yet?) developed, we usually transfer the "catches" away after 60 days. It is not a problem at all... Pheenix team, please keep up the good work in dropcatching area :)

I'm not sure what the issue is between pheenix and godaddy, but the same way that you only have issues with GD, it seems that GD only has issues with the Pheenix whois records since transfers into GD from other registrars don't seem to be problematic. I'm not sure who's at fault but it would be nice if the situation would get resolved.

Which reminds me of one other minor thing. When I transfer domains away from you, I find that my domains don't always get deleted from my pheenix account. I have some domains still showing in my account that were actually transferred away months ago. This can lead to confusion and mistakenly attempting to transfer away the same domain twice, so it would be great if this problem could be fixed.

As I said, I'm happy with your service with the exception of the minor glitches mentioned. Cheers.

•••
Pheenix uses the latest whois format compliant with ICANN standards. Many other registrars may not have updated their system to handle this new compliance ICANN whois standard and hence fail to correctly parse our whois.

Also of note is we do now have Renewals that you can do from the control panel which alot of people were asking for. This is done from the 'Bulk Operations' tab.

We are aware of the bug where some domains are not deleted from a user's Pheenix account even though they have been transferred and it is scheduled to be fixed very soon.

Tan

•••
I'm not sure what the issue is between pheenix and godaddy, but the same way that you only have issues with GD, it seems that GD only has issues with the Pheenix whois records since transfers into GD from other registrars don't seem to be problematic. I'm not sure who's at fault but it would be nice if the situation would get resolved.

Which reminds me of one other minor thing. When I transfer domains away from you, I find that my domains don't always get deleted from my pheenix account. I have some domains still showing in my account that were actually transferred away months ago. This can lead to confusion and mistakenly attempting to transfer away the same domain twice, so it would be great if this problem could be fixed.

As I said, I'm happy with your service with the exception of the minor glitches mentioned. Cheers.

I have the same exact issues as you both with transfers to GoDaddy and names that were transferred still being listed in my Pheenix account.

•••
Everyone has that problem :(

•••
Pheenix uses the latest whois format compliant with ICANN standards. Many other registrars may not have updated their system to handle this new compliance ICANN whois standard and hence fail to correctly parse our whois.

Also of note is we do now have Renewals that you can do from the control panel which alot of people were asking for. This is done from the 'Bulk Operations' tab.

We are aware of the bug where some domains are not deleted from a user's Pheenix account even though they have been transferred and it is scheduled to be fixed very soon.

Tan

Hi Tan, how much charges Pheenix for .com renewals?

•••
Current renewal rates for .com/.net is $9.99 ... for .tv/.cc it is $39.99

•••
Just trying to get my feet wet in the backorder game. I signed up with Namejet but $69 and a good domain are hard to come by. With this service do I have to pay FIRST or do I pay IF they catch the domain for me? Also any discounts if we belong to Freshdrop as well?

•••
You should at least sign-up with both SnapNames and NameJet. Whilst they both go after the same dropping domains, they have completely independant Pre-Release Auctions (where you get the domain before it goes back to the Registry, ie expiry - 45 days). For most auction houses your credit card is charged only after you have won the domain, either outright or after an auction, if there was more than 1 bidder.

I think you can find discounts for FreshDrop. Best to ask them what discounts they have.

•••
You might also sign up with Pheenix, for a cheaper pricing. You won't compete very well with the SnapNames/NameJet/Reberry/DropCatch catching machinery, but you will beat most of the others, imho. Of course there will always be exceptions.

•••
You might also sign up with Pheenix, for a cheaper pricing. You won't compete very well with the SnapNames/NameJet/Reberry/DropCatch catching machinery, but you will beat most of the others, imho. Of course there will always be exceptions.
I think e-r-r-o was an exception that NameJet had, if I recall, 200+ bids for pendingDelete on.

A definite error on their part to not be able to catch it over Pheenix. Though, it is first come first serve and an end user could have snapped it a millisecond before anyone. :)

•••
There you go. An exception already :)

•••
Exception makes them worth a shot (try) :D

•••
But one shouldn't be disappointed when your gamble doesn't pan out :(

•••
Ok signed up with Pheenix this morning and put in for 1 BO as a little test. I have a few questions though for the BO pros.

1. Where is the BEST place to get a straight txt file of the expired names for a certain day? I just want the domain name and not any other metrics.

2. I know Pheenix has a list but my filter software does not like the format it is in. Any suggstions to clean a txt file up?

3. I am testing a software from Brainstorm.domains has anyone used this? I got the free right now but looking at the pro.

Any thing else this novice BO kid should know?

•••
I haven't tried it, but Softnik.com are usually very good at what they do. Also their support is very good and responsive. I own 2 of their commercial products.

•••
I haven't tried it, but Softnik.com are usually very good at what they do. Also their support is very good and responsive. I own 2 of their commercial products.

LOL softnik is brainstorm.domains so we are on the same page. Where would you suggest to get the best straight url expired list?

•••
Well ok Pheenix caught my first domain so far...Now this could only mean one thing. Pheenix is hella good OR the domain I choose aint worth shit!

•••
Well ok Pheenix caught my first domain so far...Now this could only mean one thing. Pheenix is hella good OR the domain I choose aint worth shit!

and the name is?

•••
.com no spaces

Real = Estate = Pre = Sales

•••
Is anyone having any luck with Pheenix these days? They've blanked for me for over a week. I also ran a whois check on 120 names that dropped yesterday and only 1 had been caught by pheenix. Even Godaddy had 2 on the list. What's going on?

•••
Is anyone having any luck with Pheenix these days? They've blanked for me for over a week. I also ran a whois check on 120 names that dropped yesterday and only 1 had been caught by pheenix. Even Godaddy had 2 on the list. What's going on?

Pheenix didnt catch some of the good names I have been after so something is definitely up or they arnt active much these days..

•••
I sent them a mail a few days ago, when I first noticed that exact thing, and they answered me something about experimenting on a new system

The day I sent that email, I had 37 domains on backorder... they managed to catch zero (0) .
You can imagine my frustration after spending around 12hrs of research to find those domains.

•••
Back