IT.COM

Pheenix vs Dropcatch number of auctions

NameSilo
Watch
Hello,

I'm looking to pheenix auctions.
I see that today they have
76 domains in auctions, starting at $59.
That mean that last 3 days 76 domains were caught by them and have at least 2 customers who backorder it.

On Dropcacth there are ONLY 87 domains in auction.

How is it possible that there are nearly the same amount of domains in auction on pheenix and dropcacth ?

AFAIK dropcatch is much more powered than pheenix !!!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
On pheenix, they didn't put only caught domains into auction. You can also put your domain into auction.

Let me copy-paste email here.
I emailed them about selling of my domain in their auction.

Their reply "
Thanks for your interest in selling domains on our platform.

If you would like to sell your domain names on Pheenix, these would be the steps:

1. You will need to become a Pheenix Verified Member.

As a Pheenix Verified member, you enjoy a trusted status with trusted features.

a. Ability to PUSH domain names to other Pheenix accounts immediately after you purchase a domain name.

b. Ability to Sell domain names on our platform.

In order to become a Pheenix Verified member, please setup 2factor on your account. You can do this from the 'Security > 2 Factor' tab. Once you have setup 2 factor and confirmed your pin, please let us know so we can verify.

2. Transfer In the domain names to Pheenix. The cost will be $8.88/domain for com/net paid by the SELLER.

a. You would need to unlock your domains and get the authcode.
b. Use our 'Sell > Transfer In' tab to transfer your domains into Pheenix. You can use the 'Transfer In Status' tab to monitor your Transfers.

3. Once they are in your account, you can immediately start selling them by going to 'Home > My Domains' tab and select Sell from 'Actions' dropdown or from the 'Home Bulk Operations' tab.
No approval necessary. Reserve Pricing is an option but not recommended if you want to sell quickly.

4. If a reserve price is suggested, we will have a 'Default' bidder place a proxy bid up to the reserve price.

5. The auctions are set for 8 days. If there are bids above the Reserve Price, it will immediately be seen in the 'Hot Auctions' section. If it is not sold, the system will start a new 8 day auction for it. Until you sell it or delist it.

6. Once the auction is over and payment is securely made by the BUYER, you will receive payment credited to your account most of the time within a few hours in most cases.

a. Our commission is 15% of the final bid price.

Hope this helps and have a great day! We hope to make a lot of money for you.

Warm Regards,

Your Friends at Pheenix

•••
@Isac I speak about "hot" auctions, it's for caught domains only, taken few days ago.

•••
•••
Maybe a lot of domains are ordered by only one user?

•••
Yeah it's weird....I've been thinking about it.

I have one likely explanation : More people backorder with Pheenix than with DC.

Example : Pheenix catches 1,000 domains, DC catches 2,500. Because a lot of people BO at Pheenix, let's say 500 domains have at least 2 bids and go to auction. At DC, a smaller percentage has 2+ bids, let's say also 500.

Well the alternative is that Pheenix artificially creates auctions where there is only 1 bid.

•••
•••
•••
•••
Well the alternative is that Pheenix artificially creates auctions where there is only 1 bid.
------- absolutely no doubt about this...
I've been ordering every day for about two years domains with Pheenix. After about one year, Kaiser or sometimes another fake bidder was always facing me in an auction, and was always before me. Kaiser was never participating into the auction, but I had to pay 10 usd more and it made the auction visible, with sometimes a "real" bidder entering the auction. The day I stopped using Pheenix, none of the "small" domains I was backordering was caught by Pheenix.
I advice anybody to stop using Pheenix. I've got the same problem with DC, but only for generic domain names (no pb with SEO domains). Anytime it's a .com word (in French mostly in my case), I lose the domain name to Partner (aka Huge Domains), unless I pay the normal backorder fee. So they use our watch to build their portfolio...
With Dynadot, Prnator and Godaddy, I've never had such problems.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Almost everytime, I've chosen to bid, and Kaiser has never counterbidded. So it is difficult to know what they do with the domains. I guess they offer them on sale (hot auctions) later. I sometimes receive emails from pheenix to participate into auctions for domains I lost in previous auctions.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back