IT.COM

question Personal or business email (outbound sales)?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

NameFu

Professional Design ServicesTop Member
Impact
I can't seem to prevent messages from my brand new business email from not going to the spam folder. I have done tests and my emails have repeatedly gone to spam. I assume that it's common systems handle new email addresses like this. So I am considering doing outbound with my personal gmail email.

I have noticed that a few domainers use their gmail to do outbound, but I wonder how many of you have had success. Does it even matter? Are potential buyers REALLY caring about if your email is coming from @domainsnameshop.net rather than the actual domain it's self? I imagine that if the domain is something they'd really want they would respond positively regardless.

If you use a GMail.com address , how successful has it been for you?

But I'd like to hear a variety of opinions on this. I know a lot of you don't do outbound sales. I'd like to hear from those who do, what their opinion is about buyer perception on this issue.

Thanks!

- NF -

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I've noticed that a lot of you don't have domain invester websites, so I am assuming that the majority of you don't use a "[email protected]", so I'd love to hear your thoughts and experiences and successes doing outbound...if it even makes a difference.

•••
I used to have free email hosting with Zoho for a domain name. I remember those emails were landing in inbox, at least when sending to my personal emails as a test.

Maybe you could try that and report back.

•••
If you must do outbound, then use business email. It commands more authority and trust. You can get business email with less than $6/month.
As for emails going to spam/trash bin, it's possible you're on shared hosting, with hundreds of other users and random neighbors. Once any of the users abused his email address and got flagged or banned, everyone is affected - share email IP address.

Last edited:
•••
If you must do outbound, then use business email. It commands more authority and trust. You can get business email with less than $6/month.
As for emails going to spam/trash bin, it's possible you're on shared hosting, with hundreds of other users. Once any of the users abused his email and got flagged or banned, everyone is affected - share email IP address.

Yup.

i never realized business email role in present

Third time posting this. (Bookmark this!!)

Read if any doubt business emails’ importance

https://www.webhostingsecretrevealed.net/blog/featured-articles/email-hosting-guide/

Last edited:
•••
I use business email but it keeps going to spam. I think it could be because it's new?

•••
I use business email but it keeps going to spam. I think it could be because it's new?

Yea 100%; what other choice?

Mind sharing the prof email-host provider?

Last edited:
•••

Mine was fresh regged for that purpose and the mails went into inbox straight after making the account. It could be the domain you're using. It could have been blacklisted in the past.

•••
Mine was fresh regged for that purpose and the mails went into inbox straight after making the account. It could be the domain you're using. It could have been blacklisted in the past.

Geez.. I hope not! That would be terrible...

•••
•••
•••
Back