Dynadot

question Which registrars do not give Auth Codes w/ domain list download?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

WhoaDomain.com

WhoaDomain.comTop Member
Impact
Ok so I've been with a bunch of registrars over the years. One particular problem I have with some is the simple fact that yes they allow you to download your excel spreadsheet of all your domains with them. The excel has all the info you can think of. Some are just useless info. But the most important info that is most useful to any domainer are auth codes.

I will tell you which registrars DO provide auth codes with the download containing all your domains with them.

Godaddy
Dynadot
Namesilo
Name
And from experience the most annoying is LCN although they recently finally provided auth codes they still do not have a manual bulk way to bulk remove domain locks.

So what is the point in giving auth codes with the domain list download when you still have to go thru the process of manually unlocking each domain?(a 3-4 step process) imagine transferring 100 domains? or 500? or 1000?

Anyone else care to share a registrar that does not provide auth codes with domain list downloads?

I understand if we are talking about a "small time" operation with tiny budgets to develop their system. But how hard is it to provide auth codes with the domain list download?

Not for nothing but it sure is "suspect" when registrars hold your domain "hostage" or make it very difficult for you to transfer out your domain.

moving forward I'd probably want to avoid Registrars that don't provide auth codes with domain list downloads.

I really don't see any reason preventing them from doing so. I'm sure the auth codes are in some database somewhere easily accessible to them.

Why purposefully deny domain owners access to the auth codes in bulk? Why make it difficult?

The ultimate End result is when you have to transfer out say 100 or 500 domains. You give up and just stick with the current registrar because it would be too much hassle and time spent transfer out each domain one by one by getting each one's auth code manually.

It's 2020 for God sakes! There has to be an easier way! Well at least Godaddy,Dynadot,Namesilo, and Name got it right.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
NameCheap, The authorization code will be sent to the Admin email address only.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back