Dynadot

PARKED.COM - Official Thread!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hi,

Welcome to the OFFICIAL PARKED.COM thread! :)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hmm. More tweaking tomorrow. Thanks for the above postings. Really helped me out.

3 keywords in tittle makes sense and put in content form. Thanks.

Yesterday was good as final numbers. Glad I only lost on 4 clicks. Was a record day with ctr and clicks with parked. Today looks great as well. Only have a basket of names doing some uniques.

More tweaking and changing things around more on my names. Had my first click on a financial term finally. Dying see where click will be tomorrow.

Glad I believe in organic growth and indexed vs running ads and etc. Having a problem managing my daily business, night job and now domains lol. But love the Domaining and seeing the powers of things. Get couple domains going, then 5 names then 10 names and I am upped my top 70 names with parked. Work and tweak the shit out of 70 names. That's my goal in the new year. Not easy task but seeing some nice traffic coming in and all upward trend. Still in kiddy pool lol.

Thanks donny for your hard work and dedication. Learning a lot just by reading things on parked thread.

J

•••
netmeg said:
They use the TITLES to help with search results and rankings - titles are one of the most important things you can do. However, you don't want to stuff the keywords in - for one thing, you only have around six to seven words at the most, and every word you add lessens the strength of all them. For example, if you put in your title:

Keyword1 | Keyword2 | Keyword3

Then each of those keywords has roughly one third the importance it would have if you only used one. So you have to keep trying and tweaking, and swapping keywords in and out until you get a decent position. AND you have to leave it up for at least a week to ten days to determine whether or not a change has really helped you.

Google claims that they don't use the Meta Description tag for anything other than displaying the snippet. I'm not sure about that; my results seem to show that it's still pretty important for ranking. At any rate, even if what they say is true, the Meta Description tag is largely what produces the snippet that displays in the SERP, so that's where you want to put the text that's going to entice the searcher to click on your site. If you can work in some of your lesser keywords too, all to the good.

And adding UNIQUE content should also help you. If your content can be found out there on a million other websites, it won't help you at all, and will very likely hurt you. So don't even waste your time acquiring the same free or low-cost articles that are available to everyone. And your content should also contain your keywords.

When I'm advising a client, the first thing I tell him is to sit down and put himself in the place of the person who is likely to want to visit his site. I tell him to come up with eight to twelve keywords (and by keywords, I mean phrases of two to four words - it's virtually impossible to rise to the top for a single word these days in the organics) that he would type into Google to find a company or service like his. (Then I tell him to try it and see who comes up)

If he is too close to the topic to be able to think like the average surfer, then I tell him to query his friends and relatives about what THEY would type in to Google to find his type of site. Sometimes inside information can get in the way.

Once he has his list of keywords, then I tell him to rank them in order of probable importance. The MOST important should be the title (or in the title) The next two or three should be in the Meta Description. And ALL of them should be in the content; I tell him to write his content around the keywords. In most cases, you should only use each one once or twice in the content, and it should scan like it would make sense to the average eyeball, and not just the search engine algorithm.

Hope that helps.

Once again, it´s 6 star quality info from Netmeg. We are all priveleged to have you as part of our Namepros Family. Your posts have "quality" written all over them. All the best for 2008 and may your football team improve it's performance in the coming year so that your Avatar can show a smile on it's face! (even though it's cute the way it is)

GIL :)

•••
Thanks! My avatar never smiles though; that's Mandy from the Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy. She *never* smiles. Even Death is afraid of her.

•••
parked down?!

My parked domains was down for around 10 minutes.

Last edited:
•••
I have problems with mine as well

•••
•••
How long from when you change your keyword until yahoo sends different links. Is it immediate?

•••
gwkg said:
How long from when you change your keyword until yahoo sends different links. Is it immediate?
Yes, feed will be changed immediately.

•••
netmeg said:
They use the TITLES to help with search results and rankings - titles are one of the most important things you can do. However, you don't want to stuff the keywords in - for one thing, you only have around six to seven words at the most, and every word you add lessens the strength of all them. For example, if you put in your title:

Keyword1 | Keyword2 | Keyword3

Then each of those keywords has roughly one third the importance it would have if you only used one. So you have to keep trying and tweaking, and swapping keywords in and out until you get a decent position. AND you have to leave it up for at least a week to ten days to determine whether or not a change has really helped you.

Netmeg.... Are you referring to the "Title Tag" or "Domain Title"?

BTW...Thanks for the awesome post!!

•••
NPKJB said:
Netmeg.... Are you referring to the "Title Tag" or "Domain Title"?

BTW...Thanks for the awesome post!!

You're very welcome.

I'm referring to the Title Tag - that's the one that goes at very top of the browser when you visit the page (and what the search engines use for the link when serving up your url in search results) The Domain Title is what shows up at the top of the page (as opposed to the top of the browser) Doesn't hurt to have a keyword in that too, but the search engines won't consider it quite as important as the Title Tag.

•••
netmeg said:
You're very welcome.

I'm referring to the Title Tag - that's the one that goes at very top of the browser when you visit the page (and what the search engines use for the link when serving up your url in search results) The Domain Title is what shows up at the top of the page (as opposed to the top of the browser) Doesn't hurt to have a keyword in that too, but the search engines won't consider it quite as important as the Title Tag.

Ok.... Back to the drawing board!! I'll go through all of my domains within the next few days and make some modifications. :)

•••
netmeg said:
You're very welcome.

Netmeg, what in your opinion would be the correct way to write the Meta Tag Descrition?

Example 1: Your Source for Natural Dog Food and Vegetarian Dog Food.

Example 2: Your source for natural dog food and vegetarian dog food.

I've been using example 2 without capital letters, but I have my doubts.

Thanks

•••
NPKJB said:
Ok.... Back to the drawing board!! I'll go through all of my domains within the next few days and make some modifications. :)

Before you do that, you might want to jot down how a few of your most crucial domains are currently ranking based on their most important keyword, so that you can go back a couple weeks after you make the changes and see if there's been any improvement.

GILSAN said:
Netmeg, what in your opinion would be the correct way to write the Meta Tag Descrition?

Example 1: Your Source for Natural Dog Food and Vegetarian Dog Food.

Example 2: Your source for natural dog food and vegetarian dog food.

I've been using example 2 without capital letters, but I have my doubts.

Thanks

Either way is fine; I'd probably use caps to make it stand out. Also, Google will bold the search terms if they show up in your title and/or description. But I might consider using different wording in the Meta Description. See, that's the text (snippet) that's going to convince some surfer to check out your page. The "Your Source" part is fine on the page itself, but is it going to be the thing that swings the vote over to your site over the other nine on the page? Specially when probably 3 or 4 of those nine are saying the same thing? Probably not. So maybe that's not the best use of the space.

I don't know if you're talking about sending someone to a parked page or a content page (this is the parked topic, don't forget) But I'd try to use wording that was a little more specific and enticing about what people will find on the page. Be truthful - and be enthusiastic. For example, I might say something like "Wide Selection of Natural and Vegetarian Dog Food Options for a Healthier and Happier Dog!" or something like that.

Last edited:
•••
netmeg said:
Either way is fine; I'd probably use caps to make it stand out. Also, Google will bold the search terms if they show up in your title and/or description. But I might consider using different wording in the Meta Description. See, that's the text (snippet) that's going to convince some surfer to check out your page. The "Your Source" part is fine on the page itself, but is it going to be the thing that swings the vote over to your site over the other nine on the page? Specially when probably 3 or 4 of those nine are saying the same thing? Probably not. So maybe that's not the best use of the space.

I don't know if you're talking about sending someone to a parked page or a content page (this is the parked topic, don't forget) But I'd try to use wording that was a little more specific and enticing about what people will find on the page. Be truthful - and be enthusiastic. For example, I might say something like "Wide Selection of Natural and Vegetarian Dog Food Options for a Healthier and Happier Dog!" or something like that.

Thanks Netmeg. The examples were done really fast just to show with or without capital letters The question was also related to Parked.com parked domains. Your advice as usuall is highly appreciated and the example you show us is a great starting point for all domainers who are not sure how to use the Meta Tag Description.

Thanks

•••
What tools are you guys using to see where you rank based on a query?

•••
mrizos said:
What tools are you guys using to see where you rank based on a query?
You mean Search Engine ranking?

SeoTog.com

•••
•••
•••
I just go into Google and type it in. I usually have my preferences set to 100 results per page anyway; with Firefox I use the SEO for Firefox extension which numbers the results, and for IE, I have a javascript bookmarked as a link on the tool bar, that numbers the results when I click on them.

By the way, rankings can change depending on whether or not you are logged into your Google account (always log out first) and how many results you have your search page set to. Just so you know.

•••
Do you guys have any tips for increasing CTR? I've tried different colors and custom content, however my CTR's for my high CPC domains are always around 30-40%.

•••
Hi, does anyone know the exact requirements to get into Parked?

I do not believe a referrer link is enough, is it?

I heard you need 20 domains to get in. What about just one high traffic one? Say around 1000 UVs a month, and generating revenue. What is your experience?

Also, do they demand a certain revenue limit per month?

Previously I tried applying with a few lousy ones...and was rejected :(

DL

•••
Datalife said:
Hi, does anyone know the exact requirements to get into Parked?

I do not believe a referrer link is enough, is it?

I heard you need 20 domains to get in. What about just one high traffic one? Say around 1000 UVs a month, and generating revenue. What is your experience?

Also, do they demand a certain revenue limit per month?

Previously I tried applying with a few lousy ones...and was rejected :(

DL
10 domains minimum, obviously - the more the better. If you can demonstrate quality, as to where parked.com has different criteria for evaluation, you're having an easier time to get accepted. In other words, get your best domains out at the applications process.
Also, i've seen/heard in the past, from others and personal experience, that a referral does help in the process. I've sent you a PM regarding this.
From what i understand, there's no revenue limit. The more revenue you bring, the more you're helping yourself and parked.com at the same time.
The customization options are second to none and the customer service is beyond outstanding. Donny has managed to set the bar to newly created Customer Service levels that will hardly be reached by other parking companies. (my personal opinion)

M.

•••
mrizos said:
Do you guys have any tips for increasing CTR? I've tried different colors and custom content, however my CTR's for my high CPC domains are always around 30-40%.

30%CTR??? And your complaining? Hmm, I must be missing something.

•••
traffic and revenue has dropped significally almost right away...

•••
30 % is a great achievement ... have a couple of names that are constantly on 60-70 others are well below 10...

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back