Dynadot

PARKED.COM - Official Thread!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hi,

Welcome to the OFFICIAL PARKED.COM thread! :)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
i think its made in usa..
hahhaha....
so when i can chech my domain parking at parked.com again ?

•••
still not up - this is becoming a joke - i have 50 domains that i wanted to add for over 2 days now.

•••
now its been down since yesterday...not sure whats going on...also my domains have steady ctr's for weeks and then all of a sudden will drop down by like 50% - what's up with that?!

•••
This seems like a joke to me as well. Everything was fine earlier today, I had Thursday numbers finalized and we were working on Fridays and then we were going to open everything up and the server locked hard. We will be compensating everybody even though there hasn't been any real revenue lost.

Donny

•••
I guess everyone is getting uneasy with this downtime, I myself have some domains already changed DNS to parked.com but not making any money because it is not added in my account yet.

Hopefully, this will be over soon.

Em

•••
i have been noticing some 30 cent clicks getting zero'd after the "adjustment" period, whats up with that? It's been going on for a couple weeks and to be honest every time it happens I feel more and more tempted to move my domains over to bodis where I am currently doing pretty well. A explanation of this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
-zurc

•••
Are you able to login now? Still down from my end.

•••
TheWatcher said:
Are you able to login now? Still down from my end.

no

•••
Considering the server took a hell of DDOS attacks, And they are doing upgrades
, Try and be patient, There is no doubt in my mind that the Parked team is working as quickly as possible to resolve the issues, as well as the updates. My landers still load, I know they are tracking stats, And all will be fine.

•••
Hang in there guys...I ASHURE YOU Donny and the Parked Crew are doing everything to get the Stats back up ASAP!! B-)

•••
I'm sure they are. But the total blackout is disconcerting, to say the least. Specially on the heels of similar experiences elsewhere. Did I read correctly that the replacement for whatever is going wrong will be in at the end of the week? Is parked.com likely to be down until then?

•••
I was paid with no problems and think Parked is a great service. All businesses have occasional problems and challenges. Lets support the services we use and give the benefit of the doubt. Until there is legitimate reason to think otherwise. Believe me I want to see my stats to but another day or two wont kill anyone. IMO.

•••
^^^What he said^^^
Also, Donny has proven to be very responsive so far, the payouts have always been on time and it generally seems that parking providers are more and more prime targets for DDOS attacks. I'm sure that they are doing everything in their power to resolve the issue, after all, it's their reputation at stake.
Granted, i'm getting a bit uneasy as well, primarily because i'm always optimizing and like to have full insight to my stats, so i'll take this as a lesson in patience.
In the end, it's a money game. As long as i'm getting what i've generated i'm happy.

IB

•••
It's almost two days that I am waiting for Donny!I wanna add some domains there.hope to be online soon.

•••
vbigdeli said:
It's almost two days that I am waiting for Donny!I wanna add some domains there.hope to be online soon.

This is everyone problem right now.

•••
still can't get to the website. wow. i guess they are doing what they have to do, but this must be a serious

•••
kemjika11 said:
still can't get to the website. wow. i guess they are doing what they have to do, but this must be a serious

sounds like they might need to invest in some clustering.

•••
payments have still been on time - i got paid promptly on the 7th

•••
minimum wire transfer 2500 $ is veeery bad !!!

need down to 200 - 300 $

•••
Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet?

If you want to move your domain names out... do it... My suggestion would be to hold your little pants on and wait it out. He's already said here and on parked that you will be compensated, not for any revenues lost (because there are none)... but for the down time. Something he most certainly doesnt have to do. If Donny told me that parked wouldnt be up for 3 weeks... I'd have not a worry in my mind that my stats were being recorded and all would be good in my book. If you want poor customer service, and have low CTR... Sedo is looking for ya. I feel you all... but everyone is in the same boat...

•••
troopscott said:
Did you guys get paid on the 7th? I havent asked to be payed yet but I have close to 5k in my account. I also hav been trying to add domains in but cant so they are stuck at sedo where I have been moving them from slowly but surely so who knows what I am losing

Paid on time for me.

•••
DnPresident said:
Paid on time for me.

I think that's NEVER an issue with PARKED! :tu:
Payments ALWAYS go out on time like Swiss Clockwork on the 7th and 22nd! B-)

•••
Donny said:
All of the domains working fine. All of the stats are being stored. The problem is one of our primary backend servers (the one that crunches our stats) has decided it wanted to go on vacation for a few days. And if anybody has ever used myisamchk before, you will know how much fun it is to check 2.5 terabytes of data. But I just ordered 3 new replacements for it today and they will be in late next week. In about 30 minutes the box should be back up, and about an hour after that we will open everything back up again. Stats will obviously be a little behind as we process everything but it shouldn't take that long.

I am sorry for this inconvience.

Donny

Donny, do you have plan B or plan C for this situation ?

•••
On the one hand, I sympathize with Donny et al. as I can only begin to imagine the hell that an outage this bad is causing them.

On the other hand, I moved a high-traffic domain into parked.com wed. or thurs. and I have been unable to see how it is doing - stats were very delayed around time of the the first (briefer) outage.

I also have a slew of domains that I moved to parked yesterday (thinking that the outage would be over soon), and I am preparing to move them elsewhere. I can't optimize them or see how they are doing.

parked.com has been nothing but reliable and lucrative for me prior to this outage. But this is bad...real bad.

•••
Donny I just wanted to Thank you guys for the great work you have done. I will continue to use you guys and park more domains in the future.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back