IT.COM

discuss Outbound Sales slowing down?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

TampaDomains

Established Member
Impact
My Outbound Sales have really slowed down the last month or so. Bad time of year with back to school?
Luckily I have had some inbound sales from Afternic.

Anyone else have a slow month or 2 lately?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I have noticed the same thing

•••
I sold a name last week via outbound. It's situational....just keep trucking!

•••
Me too. Had an almost dry month with a wall of 'no thanks' to the kind of domains I usually sell easily, only one sale during that time. Good news is I sold one Monday, another yesterday and another today, and two more look like they're in the works. Dry slump over, I hope... :)

Oh, maybe one more: something funny happened today. Got an email from Godaddy about a transfer of a domain that I have at Namebright, a city + realty domain. Funny thing is I didn't initiate that transfer and have received no recent offers for that domain. (I checked and my Namebright account hasn't been hacked and the domain is still fine) The Godaddy transfer request will of course time out in 5 days, then maybe this person will realize they actually have to buy the domain from me first, that they can't simply initiate a transfer for whatever domain they want. Ha ha. Maybe another sale on the horizon when they realize that...

•••
Me too. Had an almost dry month with a wall of 'no thanks' to the kind of domains I usually sell easily, only one sale during that time. Good news is I sold one Monday, another yesterday and another today, and two more look like they're in the works. Dry slump over, I hope... :)

Oh, maybe one more: something funny happened today. Got an email from Godaddy about a transfer of a domain that I have at Namebright, a city + realty domain. Funny thing is I didn't initiate that transfer and have received no recent offers for that domain. (I checked and my Namebright account hasn't been hacked and the domain is still fine) The Godaddy transfer request will of course time out in 5 days, then maybe this person will realize they actually have to buy the domain from me first, that they can't simply initiate a transfer for whatever domain they want. Ha ha. Maybe another sale on the horizon when they realize that...

Was it an Afternic sale perhaps?

I think outbound sales are always going to be persistence driven but yeah summer can be slow.

•••
Not a sale request, just the transfer request from GD. Doesn't seem fishy, not a phish either as it was a real GD email. Just someone who didn't know what they're doing.

•••
Don't forget that it's summer. June-Aug are usually slow with domain sales. Where usually Oct-Feb are high in sales. One is vacation, and the other is when people cuddle for the next great name :xf.wink:

•••
Last month was the most shocking experience since i started domaining. All went from interested to not interested. I still have one more locked in there who promised he would buy when he has the money but I don't know when that will be eventually.

•••
July August have been sloooooooow.

Usually picks up after summer

•••

Did you list that domain with afternic? If so, I guess someone bought your domain on godaddy. Check the pending sale section in afternic. If your domain is there in it, it means someone bought it. Afternic doesn't notify you until they verify funds.

•••
Yes, slow for me too. Summer slump...things will pick up in a month. :nailbiting:

•••
August is always slow.

I sold a domain last month for $4k (bought for $20), and then interested people just fell off the planet.

Not only is it seasonal, domains seem to be in a lull right now.

•••
Did you list that domain with afternic? If so, I guess someone bought your domain on godaddy. Check the pending sale section in afternic. If your domain is there in it, it means someone bought it. Afternic doesn't notify you until they verify funds.
Thanks for the tip. I've had buyers through Afternic before but it's never been done this way (transfer request first, no other email). Just checked, and there is indeed a purchase pending for the domain. Now I just feel dumb, ha ha - domaining for 11 years and I didn't know about this. Oh well, the dumb feeling is offset by knowing there's a good purchase in the works, definitely ending my 'summer slump'.

I do remember last year having the same slump around July-August. September was back in the saddle again. 3 completed sales earlier this week, two more in the works, and this new one, wheels are rolling once more.

Thanks again.

•••
•••

The name probably sold on Afternic - Congrats:xf.wink: Godaddy is usually asking the transfer approx. one day before Afternic will inform you about the sale.

•••
Thanks for the tip. I've had buyers through Afternic before but it's never been done this way (transfer request first, no other email). Just checked, and there is indeed a purchase pending for the domain. Now I just feel dumb, ha ha - domaining for 11 years and I didn't know about this. Oh well, the dumb feeling is offset by knowing there's a good purchase in the works, definitely ending my 'summer slump'.

I do remember last year having the same slump around July-August. September was back in the saddle again. 3 completed sales earlier this week, two more in the works, and this new one, wheels are rolling once more.

Thanks again.
I had the same thing happen to me a week ago or so. I received notification from HoDaddy. Finally noticed the Sale Pending icon on Afternic after looking everywhere. I think it was another 2-5 days before i received an email about it.

•••
At least I am not alone in the slow month. lol
I hate the replies that they are not interested, as I get instant notify of emails and see its a reply from an email I sent out so I get happy thinking its a YES and they so no thanks. lol

One ahole the other day replied. $0.99

•••
Same here, a lot of no thank ones but any reply is good (at least I think so). Did get one offer of 50 pounds for 1 word .co and have agreed low xxx sale for a geo. Let's see if it materializes and finishes.

•••
Well same thing happening to me. I sent more than 100 targeted emails and didn't get a single reply.

•••
Most of my sales have been coming inbound.

•••
250 email, 4 reply no Thanks :D Lmao! but what make me curious is, my Offer page at sedo and GOdaddy increase! I thought they say no thanks, after see the price. lol

•••
been my best last month but this month just did $800 been very low

•••
We've just opened DomainOutbound.com for business. If you're interested in proactively selling your domains on autopilot then you should check us out. We have millions of prospects - all highly targetable by keyword drill-down. You can opt to target a worldwide or UK audience using our geo-targeting feature. We do all the mailing with our own domains, provide you with a lander, and operate a collaborative email account with you so that you have everything at hand to respond to enquiries. Full details and FAQ at the site.

Demo:

Login to the site to view granular stats: https://domainoutbound.com/my-account/

User: demo
Pass: x1ldqJlCWKumpU2Rz^d3&kkT

After logging in, click 'Campaigns' from the top menu or go https://domainoutbound.com/campaigns-demo/

The stats and a full, scrollable sheet are presented. You may also download an Excel or CSV file.

user: demo
pass: x1ldqJlCWKumpU2Rz^d3&kkT

•••
We've just opened DomainOutbound.com for business. If you're interested in proactively selling your domains on autopilot then you should check us out. We have millions of prospects - all highly targetable by keyword drill-down. You can opt to target a worldwide or UK audience using our geo-targeting feature. We do all the mailing with our own domains, provide you with a lander, and operate a collaborative email account with you so that you have everything at hand to respond to enquiries. Full details and FAQ at the site.

Demo:

Login to the site to view granular stats: https://domainoutbound.com/my-account/

After logging in, click 'Campaigns' from the top menu or go https://domainoutbound.com/campaigns-demo/

The stats and a full, scrollable sheet are presented. You may also download an Excel or CSV file.

Lead Credits

£0.50 per lead

lol

•••

Demo:

you should provide free review :) 50-100 leads!
if it works, mean your leads are high quality!
use paypal as verification! I am sure it will eliminate double account!

from what I see, your product already great, but most company that provide leads, usually junks :xf.smile: what your costumer want is how high quality leads is ! and to be honest, providing 100 leads will not make your company loss, because from 100 people that try free test, I am sure 1-5% will give good review! as result they will come back again and again! after all its just an email!

and personally, if your leads really works and makes sales, I don't think it will make me loss,by paying 50 pound to your company! I buy domain about $50, sell $1500, so big deal paying $75! right ?:xf.grin: the only question left is , is good or low quality! that's it :xf.grin:

•••
Back