IT.COM

question Outbound sales

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Miro Baranasic

Established Member
Impact
Hello,

Doing outbound 4 years (mostly GEO domains), and this year is twice as bad as last years, and I am doing everything similar.

How are outbound sales by you?

What do you think if it is, why has interest dropped?

Thanks for replies,

Miro

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
If interest is twice as bad as last year, you simply may not have stuff people want in this moment, like you had before. On the other hand, if there is plenty interest, maybe you're being too punchy on price

Every situation and every year is different. If you own a "COM" of a thriving business that they don't have, that's quite probably one of the easiest forms of outbound you can do, IMO. Not every business will care, they may be just happy with their "ORG", "NET", "IO"...but a handful will express interest, depending on price. One thing that isn't good to do (which I've done, I'll admit) is trying to sell a "NET" or an "ORG" to the owner of a "COM". Most of the time (but not always), a company will not care if they own their "COM"

Last edited:
•••
I am offering only .com domains. What are you or have using for sending emails? Do you still doing outbound? If yes, how are sales this year, the same, better, worse?

For example previous years my sales outbound ratio was around 1/8 (I have sold 1 of 8 domains). Today is 1/20 or even worse, and it doesn't pay off for me anymore.

This are GEO outbound sales mostly for around $300 (for example CaliforniaImmigrationLawyers.com)

•••
and I price domains the same as last year, even though I have dropped the price a little bit.

I know that here are at least 10 domainers who are doing the same thing, I hope that they will include in the thread.

Last edited:
•••
I'd say that generally outgoing is an extremely tough business. I also know there are people here who are doing it and it works for them, however I always feel that the chance to match exactly what one needs, offering it to him, is extremely low. It is exactly the case that it will mostly be working for GEO only and in the range of mid xxx. Another downside is that you have to go to already established businesses, cutting the huge chunk of people and companies that start a new business or a project.

Anyways, to the question. If quality and pricing for you are the same as in previous years, I'd probably say downfall is due to covid (or consequences related). Many businesses struggle, people cut the cost anywhere it's possible, cause no one knows what the future holds. Another domain name is currently a not a top priority for the most, probably.
Good luck, hope it will get better!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back