Dynadot

question Large Increase in Sales Lately?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

clarkemarketing

Top Member
Impact
Anyone else notice a substantial increase in sales the last 30-45 days? Things really slowed down in early May, but seemed to have bounced back nicely. When the war started and stocks/crypto crashed everyone was convinced a massive recession was about to happen. Now it seems the panic is over. My sales were 8x higher in August than July, and Sept is looking great too (based on portfolio of 4000+). A few other domainers I communicate with seem to be seeing a similar improvement, anyone else?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
8x ? That's massive are you sure about the numbers ?

•••
Yes, number is actually conservative. Sold a 4L.com for 12 monthly payments of $816 and only recorded the first payment even tho total I’ll likely get is $9795.

•••
not for me or for anyone I know. Things have gone to 0.

•••
Nothing extraordinary in either direction. I would not expect a lot of activity in summers anyway (as per pre-covid yearly stats at least). There was a big sales drop in March and April, must have been somehow connected with Russia-Ukraine (no other explanation I can think of)

•••
No increase , domain market suffering low demand and global cautious.

•••
Fall is always prime-time domain harvest season.

•••
Far less sales recorded in the past 2 months. May be yours was an exceptional case only.

•••
Anyone else notice a substantial increase in sales the last 30-45 days? Things really slowed down in early May, but seemed to have bounced back nicely. When the war started and stocks/crypto crashed everyone was convinced a massive recession was about to happen. Now it seems the panic is over. My sales were 8x higher in August than July, and Sept is looking great too (based on portfolio of 4000+). A few other domainers I communicate with seem to be seeing a similar improvement, anyone else?
Nope. Still zero sales since April 2021. Slightly lower inquiries but no sales.

Last edited:
•••
Glad to see you are having success. Not seeing an increase for myself, but glad to know that at least a few folks are doing OK despite the current economic challenges.

Last edited:
•••
Sales have been pretty slow at my end at least since July.

I've been buying domains every day.

Added more than 1,500 domains from last year around same time and now at 7,500+ domains with less sales compared to the last year from January to mid September of this year.

•••

Added more than 1,500 domains from last year around same time and now at 7,500+ domains with less sales compared to the last year from January to mid September of this year.
Well, at least you are helping produce an uptick in sales!

•••

I guess your domain is not good

•••
•••
•••
Sorry ! Do you think your domain quality is high?

Every investor thinks so too. Don't you, for your portfolio if you've one?

Already had decent 6 figs of sales (NET) in total this year.

Better you check my blog and then ask me :xf.smile:

•••
•••
•••

Added more than 1,500 domains from last year around same time

THIS is what differentiates an expert domainer from a casual one. Look at the comments here and elsewhere on NP... people are full of fear and talking about dropping names, liquidating their assets, etc. People like Abdul are going to acquire high quality names at a discount during this economic cycle and when the next bull run begins he's going to have leveled up entirely.

•••
•••
THIS is what differentiates an expert domainer from a casual one. Look at the comments here and elsewhere on NP... people are full of fear and talking about dropping names, liquidating their assets, etc. People like Abdul are going to acquire high quality names at a discount during this economic cycle and when the next bull run begins he's going to have leveled up entirely.
Over the past month or so I have seen higher quality names in the expires list. This means the people who normally buy them before me, are not. :xf.wink:

I'm still reg'ing 3-5 names a day in this sad economy.

Last edited:
•••
Over the past month or so I have seen higher quality names in the expires list. This means the people who normally buy them before me, are not. :xf.wink:

I'm still reg'ing 3-5 names a day in this sad economy.

Exactly! The opportunity to level up is there for every domainer, regardless of their strategy. Someone with a bankroll can purchase better domains for less, but someone with limited funds can also hand reg way better domains as well.

Last edited:
•••
Up in total amount, but not in number of sales.
People with liquid domains, or ones from a trendy niche can see improvement.
Mines were neither.
Registrars/Marketplaces' behavior make a big difference.
They can make .biz very popular any day, but they don't.
They optimize things for themselves.

•••
Exactly! The opportunity to level up is there for every domainer, regardless of their strategy. Someone with a bankroll can purchase better domains for less, but someone with limited funds can also hand reg way better domains as well.
And, for those with very limited funds, they can sell off their domains and find a far less expensive hobby!

•••
I went from making xx,xxx to xxx,xxx this month has been amazing so far!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back