Dynadot

question Large Increase in Sales Lately?

NameSilo
Watch

clarkemarketing

Top Member
Impact
Anyone else notice a substantial increase in sales the last 30-45 days? Things really slowed down in early May, but seemed to have bounced back nicely. When the war started and stocks/crypto crashed everyone was convinced a massive recession was about to happen. Now it seems the panic is over. My sales were 8x higher in August than July, and Sept is looking great too (based on portfolio of 4000+). A few other domainers I communicate with seem to be seeing a similar improvement, anyone else?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I went from making xx,xxx to xxx,xxx this month has been amazing so far!
Great for you! For you and the more successful folks posting on this thread, feel free to share your strategies and tactics.

•••
We are seeing more sales lately than in the last 10 years. Many are NDA. Crypto and NFT, while novel ideas, are now seen as pump and dump. Investors are looking for stable assets Domain names are showing their long-term benefits and empowering individuals and entrepreneurs to create their own platforms upon them.

Last edited:
•••
Anyone else notice a substantial increase in sales the last 30-45 days? Things really slowed down in early May, but seemed to have bounced back nicely. When the war started and stocks/crypto crashed everyone was convinced a massive recession was about to happen. Now it seems the panic is over. My sales were 8x higher in August than July, and Sept is looking great too (based on portfolio of 4000+). A few other domainers I communicate with seem to be seeing a similar improvement, anyone else?

Must be a fluke combined with very low sales in July for you. I have 22000+ domains. August was a bit better than July and September is quite slow so far.

•••
And, for those with very limited funds, they can sell off their domains and find a far less expensive hobby!
Yes, hobby. Too many "domainers" are really just doing it as a hobby and don't understand why they are not improving their skills and portfolio.

•••
Over the past month or so I have seen higher quality names in the expires list

Indeed. I'd say even over the past weeks and days it's been increasingly noticeable. I am also biting some chunks on this bearish wave.

•••
•••
Yes, hobby. Too many "domainers" are really just doing it as a hobby and don't understand why they are not improving their skills and portfolio
Mea Culpa. Trying to learn from the best, though, here on Namepros.

Last edited:
•••
Must be a fluke combined with very low sales in July for you. I have 22000+ domains. August was a bit better than July and September is quite slow so far.
you have 22000 domain in .com alone or also in .co , .xyz

I have ok month, made like $5k sales in september so far. last month is low on sale as i rejected few leads in mid $$$$

•••
you have 22000 domain in .com alone or also in .co , .xyz

I have ok month, made like $5k sales in september so far. last month is low on sale as i rejected few leads in mid $$$$

98%+ .com

The rest is mostly .us and .org

I don't do the exotic like xyz that I would never recommend to my clients.

•••
Things always go up and down in domain sales and there are always exceptions. We've had several sales as of late in the low range but nothing big lately. Things will pick up in time for those with really good names.

•••
Very true i have noticed an increase in my sales too the month of September with quite a good number of inquiries as compared to the past 4-5 months for me.

•••
I sold 3 names on afternic in 1 day, 3 days ago. Also sold name for 36.6k 1 week ago. I only have 300 names. Things been real good in sept

•••
I sold 3 names on afternic in 1 day, 3 days ago. Also sold name for 36.6k 1 week ago. I only have 300 names. Things been real good in sept
Great job! Were they all Fast transfer?

•••
•••
Yes, 36.6 sal me Dan.com bin price
So you are seeing an increase in sales. Great!
Is the key here to have both Afternic Fast Transfer and also have the domains on BIN with DAN as well?
Now that GoDaddy and DAN are linked, that might make sense to improve sales.

Last edited:
•••
•••
I started investing in domains earlier than you

•••
Not a single inquiry about my .xyz domains. Probably cause I don't have any.

Although, I have noticed an upswing in my .UK and .net domain sales on the past few months.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back