Dynadot

discuss Outbound Marketing: What's Your Best Approach?

NameSilo
Watch

Amzymayor

Established Member
Impact
I've read a lot about outbound domain marketing on and off Namepros. I've done for some of my domain names, followed up, and got very low replies.

So I have some questions I believe will help a newbie like me about Outbound Marketing.

Thank you as you help out.

1. What works best for you - a short or long sales pitch?
2. What's your average domain sales via outbound - 1 out of 10, 1 out of 20, 1 out of 50?
3. Do you follow u? How many times?
4. Who do you send your emails to?
5. Do you make use of your Gmail account or your customized domain name?

Thank you.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
That's true. I don't just know why I'm not getting replies. The only one I got became mute when I told him my price
In outbound there are 2 simple rules...

1. Volume:- try to find as many end users as possible . Someone or other would take interest.
2. Pricing:- keep pricing reasonable between 300-759$ especially for Geo domains... That's the comfort point for end users and immediate deal is done..

Note:- there is very thin line between marketing and spamming so got to be careful with that..

•••
In outbound there are 2 simple rules...

1. Volume:- try to find as many end users as possible . Someone or other would take interest.
2. Pricing:- keep pricing reasonable between 300-759$ especially for Geo domains... That's the comfort point for end users and immediate deal is done..

Note:- there is very thin line between marketing and spamming so got to be careful with that..
Wow! Thank you so very much. I'm relieved and have learnt so much from your inputs

•••
Wow! Thank you so very much. I'm relieved and have learnt so much from your inputs
Welcome...
Hopefully it would help... Best of luck

•••
•••
We send outbound mails to 200-300 enduser for each domains

latest

•••
I find listing in marketplaces will bring more leads than finding who you need via out bound email.

•••
I find listing in marketplaces will bring more leads than finding who you need via out bound email.
But don't you think that will take a whole lot of time to get them to visit your domain?

•••
i have a team of 10 who does outbound for my domains. I will try to answer your queries..

1. A short pitch works best. If the end user would be interested and enquire about price than you can send a long reply with all the details.
2. 1 out of 10. Best response i have recieved from Geo domains and sometimes on keyword based domains.
3. yes i personally prefer to follow up only once for all the mails sent. I personally feel that following up more than once would be pure spamming. If a negotiation is going on than there can ofcourse of be multiple follow ups.
4. We can mail id via bulk whois. In case we have a premium domain whose target end user is a big corporate than we collect and send mail via hunter.io.
5. We use customized email id for all the mails.

how many domains do you own?

•••
•••
Hello @rohitgoyal Do you use email from the same domain (say [email protected]) ? Or change the domain frequently?
I mean would all email from outbound. com get banned when PPL report as spam?

•••
Hello @rohitgoyal Do you use email from the same domain (say [email protected]) ? Or change the domain frequently?
I mean would all email from outbound. com get banned when PPL report as spam?
We send email from custom email id of each domain.
Presently none of my email id has been blocked for spamming as we are very careful not to send too many mails or spam anyone...

•••
Email marketing has worked great and I have had many sales with it, BUT the best sales I have had as far as dollar wise is when I get on the phone first with an end user.

•••

Short sales pitch always works best. If people see a long email, they are going to hit delete. Keep it short and sweet at all times.

2. What's your average domain sales via outbound - 1 out of 10, 1 out of 20, 1 out of 50?

I have 2 business models (one more-than-finances the other): brand-type domains for passive sales (via incoming leads/BIN-purchases) and keyword domains (incl. GEO-types) for outreach. This second group is almost always priced in the sweet "outbound" spot of $349-$579. Our last 3 domains sold at $579: ApartmentRentalsNewYorkCity.com (yesterday), InstantHomeInsuranceQuotes.com (last week), EventStaffingNewYork.com (last week).

3. Do you follow up? How many times?

If someone is interested, they will get back to you. Following up with someone who has not demonstrated any interest in your one-time offer = spam. Be sure to add "please do not contact me again" contacts to your blacklist so they are not contacted again. You should have a sentence ("opt-out opportunity") below your signature saying something like: "- This is a one time email advertisement being sent to you just once - please reply with STOP if you no longer wish to receive a message from us in the future."

Companies that are already ranking/striving to rank (higher) for the domain's keywords at Google.com, including advertisers. The top prospects are usually located within the top 5-10 pages of G. Most contact details can be found on the website.

Try not to use any free email services; they scream spam.

Last edited:
•••

I have 2 business models (one more-than-finances the other): brand-type domains for passive sales (via incoming leads/BIN-purchases) and keyword domains (incl. GEO-types) for outreach. This second group is almost always priced in the sweet "outbound" spot of $349-$579. Our last 3 domains sold at $579: ApartmentRentalsNewYorkCity.com (yesterday), InstantHomeInsuranceQuotes.com (last week), EventStaffingNewYork.com (last week).

How many emails you send per domain?
What is more effective, 10 emails per 10 domains or 100 emails for one domain?
What's your average domain sales via outbound for keyword domains?

•••
25-50 emails per domain is usually suffice. I have hired and educated a team of 2 to do my outbound for me (I may need a 3rd member soon...) - the system is automated to a T; I just have to pick the right types of names (relating to products/services).

Some weeks, 4 domains will sell over 5 days. Other weeks, maybe just 1 or 2. But if you can hit and retain an average of 1 in 10-15 names (taking into consideration that you are paying under $10 for each name), that would be deemed a successful & profitable model. It's a numbers game, as long as you are marketing the right types of clear-defining names.

Last edited:
•••
Anyone has any idea for info / portal / blog / online type of domain outbound? How to find a webmaster who would like to build a site from the ground up?

•••
@Federer thanks for sharing your inputs. Got a few questions.
  1. What is your strategy to complete a sale ? Do you use escrow or some other service ? If you do how is it decided who pays the escrow fee.
  2. How do you transfer a domain ? Do you ask the client to create a profile at the registrar where the domain resides ? Or you follow some other strategy.
  3. How do you convince the client to pay you before you deliver the domain ?

•••
I overcome those 3 "digital hurdles" by setting up a BIN Uniregistry Sales page (10% commission).
Payment & transfer of ownership are seamless and instant; there is nothing for you to do (the time you save has value), apart from deciding how to spend the proceeds.

•••

Short sales pitch always works best. If people see a long email, they are going to hit delete. Keep it short and sweet at all times.

3. Do you follow up? How many times?

If someone is interested, they will get back to you. Following up with someone who has not demonstrated any interest in your one-time offer = spam. Be sure to add "please do not contact me again" contacts to your blacklist so they are not contacted again. You should have a sentence ("opt-out opportunity") below your signature saying something like: "- This is a one time email advertisement being sent to you just once - please reply with STOP if you no longer wish to receive a message from us in the future."

Companies that are already ranking/striving to rank (higher) for the domain's keywords at Google.com, including advertisers. The top prospects are usually located within the top 5-10 pages of G. Most contact details can be found on the website.

Try not to use any free email services; they scream spam.
Wow! Federer. Thanks so much for your input. You're one of the people I so much look up to in this business.

Please I still have some more questions for you:

1. Do you include your price and domain link in your outbound emails?
2. What do you usually have at your Subject?
3. Please I don't mind if you can be generous enough to share your outbound template.

Thank you

•••
1. Yes, it's imperative that you include your asking price in your opening emails.
2. The domain name itself, this, in most cases, will grab the reader's attention.
3. I don't mind. I enjoy giving back to / sharing with the community.

•••

1) which group is fundig which?

2) how do you decide which price within that range to choose?

•••
The outbound marketing sales fund the "brand" domains (you need to have thousands of brandcentric domains for the model to work effectively).

I tend to price the domains that relate to higher-cost services/products closer to (or at) $579. A few other very recent sales at this figure include: IllinoisSpineInstitute.com, EquineMortalityInsurance.com, ColocationSeattle.com - just to give you an idea. .COMs should be number one choice, but .NET also performs well with certain high-priced services (I recently sold: MedicalAlertSystems.net, TransportSoftware.net, GlassServices.net at $549 each).

Average cost service/product-related domains work better in the $249-$349 range.

•••
The outbound marketing sales fund the "brand" domains (you need to have thousands of brandcentric domains for the model to work effectively).

I tend to price the domains that relate to higher-cost services/products closer to (or at) $579. A few other very recent sales at this figure include: IllinoisSpineInstitute.com, EquineMortalityInsurance.com, ColocationSeattle.com - just to give you an idea. .COMs should be number one choice, but .NET also performs well with certain high-priced services (I recently sold: MedicalAlertSystems.net, TransportSoftware.net, GlassServices.net at $549 each).

Average cost service/product-related domains work better in the $249-$349 range.
WoW! I'm so much much impressed and More motivated to push harder

•••
Thank you so much @Federer and @rohitgoyal for different aspects of Outbounds you both have thrown light upon and enlightened many of us.

@Federer could you please share a small template of email that you'd usually send to potential buyers which includes an asking price as you've mentioned above ?

•••
This template has been golden to me. Hope it helps you too.

-------------------
Hello there,

The following domain name is now up for sale:

ApartmentRentalsNewYorkCity.com

The domain is easy to remember and tells people what you do.
The asking price is $579. Kindly let us know if your business would be interested in this opportunity.

Best regards,
Luc Biggs

Name Of Company - Registered No: Registration Number
Registered Place: Registered Company Address
Direct: (01234) 123 456 789 | Cell: (01234) 123 456 789
- Any history of the Domain can be viewed here: web.archive.org/web/*/ApartmentRentalsNewYorkCity.com
- Registration information: whois.domaintools.com/ApartmentRentalsNewYorkCity.com
- This is a one time email advertisment being sent to you just once - please reply with STOP if you no longer wish to receive a message from us in the future.
-------------------

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back