NameSilo

What's the best answer to "Not interested" & "I'll pass" replies?

Labeled as discuss in Domain Selling and Domain Sales, started by justsand, Nov 22, 2020 at 7:40 AM

Replies:
Views:

1. justsand

justsand Established Member

Hello all,

I have a question regarding domain outbound marketing. If anyone selling domains using outbound marketing please answer my questions.

If the end-user replies "Not interested" or "I'll pass", then

1) what's the best reply to these types of replies?
    2) How can we convince them to buy?

Thank you :)

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. DrJacoby

DrJacoby Established Member

The best reply is to not reply and just move on.

3. karmaco

karmaco Top Contributor VIP

Move on. You can’t make anyone do or buy anything.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2020 at 8:01 AM
  4. koolishman

koolishman Upgraded Member Blue Account

5. AEProgram

AEProgram Top Contributor VIP Blue Account

If he replies "not interested" reply with

"Why would you think i'm not interested in selling the name? I want you to have this name and that is why I reached out. If you think i'm not interested in selling because of my asking price, that's fine, I am ready to sell the name now for $100"

If he replies "i'll pass" reply with

"Thanks for passing this email on to the decision maker. Just so you know, I decided to lower the price and felt it's only fair to share this right now so you could include it with the information you pass along. The buy now price is just .."

Ok, all jokes aside, when you do outbound include the price in the email. Domainers that fear including or posting price because what if the buyer would have offered more rarely make it in this business. The only time it makes sense is if you have some amazing name (few do). Include a price (not a high price and tell them to make an offer, include your lowest possible buy now price) a link to buy and if they say not interested just move on.

6. gilescoley

gilescoley Top Member PRO VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Polite and professional all the times, just something along the lines of....

Thank you for the reply. If anything changes, you know how to contact me.

7. LoodeX

LoodeX Established Member

1) what's the best reply to these types of replies? xx
    2) How can we convince them to buy? - I suppose if you must reply go in hopes for a sale go with "If you were to change your mind the lowest I can do is xx " and thank for the time ofc :)

8. CraigD

CraigD Top Contributor VIP

I don't do outbound myself, but if I received that response, I think I'd be hesitant to reply at all.

Any further reply from you could result in your email address being blacklisted by the recipient and they would then not receive any further correspondence from you at a later date.

9. Jeffrey

Jeffrey Established Member ★★★★★★★★★★

I never received any replies from my outbound, I probably did outbound 5 to 7 times only through email. If they reply "Not interested", I would respect that.

10. Revisiting

Revisiting New Member

Even an average sized small business gets dozens of unsolicited emails every week. Experience shows that even a polite "No thank you" will often be perceived as you engaging with the email-offer sender. Before you know it your on their regular spamming list.

It's unfortunate but that's the reality - so best to just delete unwanted offers

11. campaignsigns

campaignsigns New Member

Is there any price that would make you interested?
    Would you be interested if I let you make payments?
    Would you like me to point the domain to your website so you can see the potential traffic?

12. Jeffrey

Jeffrey Established Member ★★★★★★★★★★

I tried messaging through their Facebook page, a small-time musician with same name to my 4 letter .com, they just seen-zoned me.

13. unmark

unmark Established Member ★★★★★★★★★★

I agree, better not to reply to that, you won't gain anything by replying straight away.
    But what you can do, you can get back to them say in 1 month, with something "I had to reduce the price of the domain because of <something> and now it's <say 15% cheaper>, please let me know if you are interested".
    Generally, any price reduction is a good reason to get in touch/touch base again, even with those that were not interested in the beginning.

14. doofer

doofer Top Contributor VIP

Was told in no uncertain terms to [email protected]~ck off by somebody I messaged about a domain on Linkedin not too long ago ! Just in case I may not have understood their displeasure at being politely messaged, they followed up a minute later with 'no really you can just [email protected]~ck off !'

I resisted the temptation to reply or post their reply on Linkedin or report them which would at very least have damaged their reputation on the site or got them thrown off. Sometimes it's best to just bite your tongue & move on !

15. NameDeck

NameDeck NotElected.com VIP

Decent respons imo.

16. MapleDots

MapleDots Top Contributor VIP

No means no, that goes for everything.
    Time is money, move on to something else and if you have nothing else go hug your kids.

I had a response on one of my outbounds burgs(dot)ca with a perfect hit on the name and by perfect I meant perfect, an exact match.

Guy said to me...

So tell me why I should consider buying your domain?
    The response he got from me was dead silence.

I mean really if I have to explain that to the business owner he absolutely no clue about domains to begin with and chances are I am just wasting good spit. Had he wanted it he would have come after it.

So for me the answer would be just move on.

17. DomainBarracksRob

DomainBarracksRob Top Contributor VIP

Leave them be, and move on to the next

anything else and you are pestering them.

18. Samer

Samer Top Contributor VIP

No reply
    “Thank you” agree @koolishman

Most people go to Junk mail;
    You had the dignity of a reply; most dont get.
    Any further email from u risk harm industry imo

Samer

Last edited: Nov 23, 2020 at 6:05 PM

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
NameWorth
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice