Dynadot

discuss Outbound Marketing: What's Your Best Approach?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Amzymayor

Established Member
Impact
I've read a lot about outbound domain marketing on and off Namepros. I've done for some of my domain names, followed up, and got very low replies.

So I have some questions I believe will help a newbie like me about Outbound Marketing.

Thank you as you help out.

1. What works best for you - a short or long sales pitch?
2. What's your average domain sales via outbound - 1 out of 10, 1 out of 20, 1 out of 50?
3. Do you follow u? How many times?
4. Who do you send your emails to?
5. Do you make use of your Gmail account or your customized domain name?

Thank you.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
The outbound marketing sales fund the "brand" domains (you need to have thousands of brandcentric domains for the model to work effectively).

I tend to price the domains that relate to higher-cost services/products closer to (or at) $579. A few other very recent sales at this figure include: IllinoisSpineInstitute.com, EquineMortalityInsurance.com, ColocationSeattle.com - just to give you an idea. .COMs should be number one choice, but .NET also performs well with certain high-priced services (I recently sold: MedicalAlertSystems.net, TransportSoftware.net, GlassServices.net at $549 each).

Average cost service/product-related domains work better in the $249-$349 range.

The names you hand-reg, how do you come up with them? I mean the keywords and which city/state?

•••
This template has been golden to me. Hope it helps you too.

-------------------
Hello there,

The following domain name is now up for sale:

ApartmentRentalsNewYorkCity.com

The domain is easy to remember and tells people what you do.
The asking price is $579. Kindly let us know if your business would be interested in this opportunity.

Best regards,
Luc Biggs

Name Of Company - Registered No: Registration Number
Registered Place: Registered Company Address
Direct: (01234) 123 456 789 | Cell: (01234) 123 456 789
- Any history of the Domain can be viewed here: web.archive.org/web/*/ApartmentRentalsNewYorkCity.com
- Registration information: whois.domaintools.com/ApartmentRentalsNewYorkCity.com
- This is a one time email advertisment being sent to you just once - please reply with STOP if you no longer wish to receive a message from us in the future.
-------------------
Wow! This is really golden. Thank you so much for this!

•••
i have a team of 10 who does outbound for my domains. I will try to answer your queries..

1. A short pitch works best. If the end user would be interested and enquire about price than you can send a long reply with all the details.
2. 1 out of 10. Best response i have recieved from Geo domains and sometimes on keyword based domains.
3. yes i personally prefer to follow up only once for all the mails sent. I personally feel that following up more than once would be pure spamming. If a negotiation is going on than there can ofcourse of be multiple follow ups.
4. We can mail id via bulk whois. In case we have a premium domain whose target end user is a big corporate than we collect and send mail via hunter.io.
5. We use customized email id for all the mails.

Just curious, where did you find these 10 people to do this work and what do you pay them? I have also tried this method :)

•••
•••
•••
@Federer Who according to you would be the best person to whom the first email should be targeted to in an Organization -
  • Managing Director
  • Head of Marketing
  • Head of Operations
  • CEO
  • President
I understand things might work differently in different cases. In my personal experience, I have hardly received a quick reply (Yes or No) from anybody other than the CEO Or President.

Could you throw some light on this aspect, please ?

•••
I keep my emails short. Give them my name, what is for sale. MAYBE one sentence on why I think its good for their brand (most of the time I dont)
Then I leave my phone number in case they want to call directly.

This has worked best for me.

•••
I keep my emails short. Give them my name, what is for sale. MAYBE one sentence on why I think its good for their brand (most of the time I dont)
Then I leave my phone number in case they want to call directly.

This has worked best for me.
How many domains do you sell on average and how many end users do you target for every domain?

•••
@Federer Who according to you would be the best person to whom the first email should be targeted to in an Organization -
  • Managing Director
  • Head of Marketing
  • Head of Operations
  • CEO
  • President
I understand things might work differently in different cases. In my personal experience, I have hardly received a quick reply (Yes or No) from anybody other than the CEO Or President.

Could you throw some light on this aspect, please ?
From what Federer said, I think he normally targets the company's email address and not the individual email. Emails like "nfo@..., equiry@..."

•••
You guys are tempting me into sending a few outbound sales emails. Now I need to invent a persona and style to do this. :)

•••
QUOTE="Kuffy, post: 6458641, member: 993485"]You guys are tempting me into sending a few outbound sales emails. Now I need to invent a persona and style to do this. :)[/QUOTE]

You should try it...
so that you can experience that feeling after receiving the big question of "price?", how much? , the cost.(y)

@Amzymayor , thanks for this thread, learning new things

•••
QUOTE="Kuffy, post: 6458641, member: 993485"]You guys are tempting me into sending a few outbound sales emails. Now I need to invent a persona and style to do this. :)

You should try it...
so that you can experience that feeling after receiving the big question of "price?", how much? , the cost.(y)

@Amzymayor , thanks for this thread, learning new things[/QUOTE]
Boss. You're welcome. But you haven't shared your success with the house sir

•••
You guys are tempting me into sending a few outbound sales emails. Now I need to invent a persona and style to do this. :)
Please try so that we can learn from your process

•••
Please try so that we can learn from your process

You flatter me. :)

I had a problem with spotty WiFi this morning, so I haven't progressed very far. I decided to take my NameCougar.com name out of the market place, and use that, but I haven't been able to add it to my hosting. I'll do that in a while. It gives me the chance to use the phrase " The name cougar is always hunting for high quality domain names". That will be for the site though, and not for the email. I don't think I'll try to enter into a dialogue with the prospective buyer, but just provide him with a link to a market sales page. This means that I can send one simple email, and then leave him alone. I hate spam and spammers, so this is a bit of a radical shift for me.

This is the first time I've done this, so please don't take any of my opinions or ideas in this as the result of experience.

Last edited:
•••
From what Federer said, I think he normally targets the company's email address and not the individual email. Emails like "nfo@..., equiry@..."
I'm not sure if these common emails are even read by anyone at the Organization or not. I'm sure @Federer could throw more light on this.

•••
You should try it...

@Amzymayor , thanks for this thread, learning new things
Boss. You're welcome. But you haven't shared your success with the house sir[/QUOTE]

still a newbie, sold 2 domains through outbound
i think the problem is finding the right end user at the right time
few months ago i sent over 100 emails for one domain, was not able to sell the domain, then one night i sent a single email to the buyer, they responded and we closed the deal same day
- sometimes i received how much questions
after replying, buyer did not respond again , still learning on how to tackle this
- to make sure your email did not get kick to spam ..
use subject : domainname/com is available or domainname/com, if the domain is relating to their business, they will surely open it

still searching the best template to send so that end users can at least respond, even if they are not interested

•••
..then one night i sent a single email to the buyer, they responded and we closed the deal same day..

yeah thats the right approach
just 1 single mail to the buyer will do

•••
OK - here is my approach - remember, I have never tried this before, so constructive comments are welcome. The idea is to send a single, simple text email to a prospect, and I'll use the address [email protected]. Hopefully the guy will type the domain URL into his address bar, and submit an offer via the registrar sales page. I set up the Name Cougar site in an attempt to give some credibility and stability to the sale. This is the page that I've just knocked up - if it gets a bit of traffic, I might add a bit more, fill in the links, and go social.

Name Cougar,

•••
Just off the top of my head, it seems like you've put all focus on making the site authentic and harmless in case a prospective buyer hates spam. But they have to go to the site to see that. What about including some of the reassurances in your email as bullet points in a signature? Then the site maybe should skip some of that and simply push the names.

•••
You flatter me. :)

I had a problem with spotty WiFi this morning, so I haven't progressed very far. I decided to take my NameCougar.com name out of the market place, and use that, but I haven't been able to add it to my hosting. I'll do that in a while. It gives me the chance to use the phrase " The name cougar is always hunting for high quality domain names". That will be for the site though, and not for the email. I don't think I'll try to enter into a dialogue with the prospective buyer, but just provide him with a link to a market sales page. This means that I can send one simple email, and then leave him alone. I hate spam and spammers, so this is a bit of a radical shift for me.

This is the first time I've done this, so please don't take any of my opinions or ideas in this as the result of experience.
Yes I understand you. I think there is a thin line between spamming and pitching. From what Federer said, there is no point following a prospect that didn't respond to your email in the first place. I think when you do, that becomes spamming.

Let's just see how it goes with you. Can't wait to read your success story

•••

few months ago i sent over 100 emails for one domain, was not able to sell the domain, then one night i sent a single email to the buyer, they responded and we closed the deal same day
after replying, buyer did not respond again , still learning on how to tackle this
use subject : domainname/com is available or domainname/com, if the domain is relating to their business, they will surely open it

still searching the best template to send so that end users can at least respond, even if they are not interested[/QUOTE]
Thank you so much for this. I really appreciate

•••
OK - here is my approach - remember, I have never tried this before, so constructive comments are welcome. The idea is to send a single, simple text email to a prospect, and I'll use the address [email protected]. Hopefully the guy will type the domain URL into his address bar, and submit an offer via the registrar sales page. I set up the Name Cougar site in an attempt to give some credibility and stability to the sale. This is the page that I've just knocked up - if it gets a bit of traffic, I might add a bit more, fill in the links, and go social.

Name Cougar,
Wow! The lander feels great. But don't you think a lander that will make them buy the domain right from the page will make it easy for your prospect?

•••
Just off the top of my head, it seems like you've put all focus on making the site authentic and harmless in case a prospective buyer hates spam. But they have to go to the site to see that. What about including some of the reassurances in your email as bullet points in a signature? Then the site maybe should skip some of that and simply push the names.
Can you explain more on this?

•••

still searching the best template to send so that end users can at least respond, even if they are not interested[/QUOTE]
And please. The prospect you sold the domain to, did they ask the same "how much" question? What was your reply and how did it go? Do you also mind sharing the name please?

•••

still searching the best template to send so that end users can at least respond, even if they are not interested
And please. The prospect you sold the domain to, did they ask the same "how much" question? What was your reply and how did it go? Do you also mind sharing the name please?[/QUOTE]
yeah ,, they said "what is the cost ?
my reply : the domain is currently priced at 225
end user reply :could you provide the current host and proof of ownership
me: provide screenshot of domain in my control panel and link to the whois
end user reply: Just to clarify I am happy to purchase it now provided I own it and am not renting it.
my reply: deal done. would you like us to use escrow or i transfer the domain to you first
they chose escrow
then i sent a link to undeveloped buy now page of the domain

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back