IT.COM

discuss One of my domain that list by other people was sold on Afternic today

NameSilo
Watch

70ym

Established Member
Impact
I have send a list of my domains that list by www.afternic.com/aliyuming 20 days ago to @James Iles , he told me that that all those domains should have been removed. But these domains still list by www.afternic.com/aliyuming.

Today one of my domains was sold, and it is one of the domain in the list. This domain is now disapper from afternic, so I think it is sold through afternic. www.afternic.com/aliyuming list this domain for about $800 on afternic. After this domain sold on afternic, www.afternic.com/aliyuming bought this domain from me for about $288.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I have send a list of my domains that list by www.afternic.com/aliyuming 20 days ago to @James Iles , he told me that that all those domains should have been removed. But these domains still list by www.afternic.com/aliyuming.

Today one of my domains was sold, and it is one of the domain in the list. This domain is now disapper from afternic, so I think it is sold through afternic. www.afternic.com/aliyuming list this domain for about $800 on afternic. After this domain sold on afternic, www.afternic.com/aliyuming bought this domain from me for about $288.

Why did you sell it for $288? You didn't get a notice that your domain was removed or sold on afternic? How much were you asking before you got the $288 offer?

•••
Why did you sell it for $288? You didn't get a notice that your domain was removed or sold on afternic? How much were you asking before you got the $288 offer?
I list it for $288 on other marketplace.

•••
I'm sorry to hear that you are still having issues relating to the listing problems at Afternic. You certainly would have appreciated having the higher sale price.

How did you find out that the domain was also sold on Afternic?

•••
I'm sorry to hear that you are still having issues relating to the listing problems at Afternic. You certainly would have appreciated having the higher sale price.

How did you find out that the domain was also sold on Afternic?

There are some domains was listed on afternic 20 days ago, now only this one is disappear, I think it means it was sold.

•••
There are some domains was listed on afternic 20 days ago, now only this one is disappear, I think it means it was sold.
That's a possibility, or it may have taken customer support that long to remove the listing?

Perhaps at this point the best you can do is make certain that any fake listings are promptly removed--for your peace of mind. Granted, if you don't list on there, there is a possibility that those unwanted listings might return.

Sadly, there is no evidence of progress in Afternic implementing domain verification, so the platform could continue to have issues relating to security and fraud for an indefinite period of time.

You may want to raise your concerns with customer support directly, as it remains very unclear what really happened in this case. Also, if you are still finding fake listings, note that you can report this to the BBB and Trustpilot. At this point, if they are still not resolving your issues, they may benefit by understanding that inaction has consequences.

Last edited:
•••
That's a possibility, or it may have taken customer support that long to remove the listing?

Perhaps at this point the best you can do is make certain that any fake listings are promptly removed--for your peace of mind. Granted, if you don't list on there, there is a possibility that those unwanted listings might return.
Sadly, there is no evidence of progress in Afternic implementing domain verification, so the platform could continue to have issues relating to security and fraud for an indefinite period of time.
I gave a list of domains to James Iles, these domain listed by the same people. If customer support remove them, why only one domain was removed.

•••
•••
I gave a list of domains to James Iles, these domain listed by the same people. If customer support remove them, why only one domain was removed.
Almost a month ago, didn't you request that they remove a large number of the fake listings that you found?
So, after a month, only one of those listings no longer appears?

That is really sad, if that is the case.

And, by the way, thank you so much for having had the courage to speak up about this issue. when you mentioned the notion of millions of listings potentially being fake, I thought perhaps it was an exaggeration.

However, recently I did a spot check of several keywords in an Afternic search, and found about 20% weren't even registered domains. So, fraudulent listings appear to be abundant there on their marketplace.

It is truly sad, that a company would allow sellers to try to get someone to purchase a domain for hundreds or even thousands of dollars, when they could simiply go to a registrar and register that name for less than $10 in some cases. Many of the domains were buy now, and at prices that were all the more disgusting for that type of scheme.

Again, I am sorry to hear that you continue to have difficulties with the Afternic marketplace.

Last edited:
•••
Back